The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

Ah bloody ****, Fury wins a split decision.

Ngannou did really well. I thought he was gonna score another knockdown. One point split decision for Fury.

Gathering my thoughts overall. I probably would have given it to Frances

Ngannou did really well. I thought he was gonna score another knockdown. One point split decision for Fury.

Gathering my thoughts overall. I probably would have given it to Frances
I think he won but not surprised to see judges give it to the current undefeated heavyweight boxing champion, as it's an embarrassment and wake up call to the sport otherwise - justifies what I've been saying for years that the current heavyweights are absolute **** and only in there because they're 6'9, 6'7 etc. Can you imagine a 5'10 Fury against a 6'9 Mike Tyson? :funny:

Fury's a very lucky boy, outside of the knockdown round, the rest of those rounds were quite close. You could make a case a handful of them were 10-10 worthy IMO, however when the contest ended I thought it was a draw overall. I think Fury probably just about edged a couple of rounds, but Ngannou's 10-8 offset that. Fury was fortunate to get the nod IMO.

Ngannou gave a very good account of himself overall, in fact he looked like a better boxer tonight than Wilder did in all of his bouts with Fury. Due to the fact he did so well, he could well have tied himself into another couple of paydays, possibly a Fury rematch or even a bout with AJ or Wilder.

Fury's a very lucky boy, outside of the knockdown round, the rest of those rounds were quite close. You could make a case a handful of them were 10-10 worthy IMO, however when the contest ended I thought it was a draw overall. I think Fury probably just about edged a couple of rounds, but Ngannou's 10-8 offset that. Fury was fortunate to get the nod IMO.

Ngannou gave a very good account of himself overall, in fact he looked like a better boxer tonight than Wilder did in all of his bouts with Fury. Due to the fact he did so well, he could well have tied himself into another couple of paydays, possibly a Fury rematch or even a bout with AJ or Wilder.

I think a rematch is inevitable. Would also like to see Frances vs Wilder

Nice flurry from Parker against Wilder at the end of the 8th. He’s also got to be way ahead on rounds at this point.

Wilder was bloody useless. Didn’t even turn up till the last round. No way the judges can not give this to Parker.

Hes done (Wilder) Tyson Fury took his heart
He was pure hype job from jump

No excuses we will see lol

No excuses but said he was distracted by the potential Joshua fight
Hope I don't see this guy again

Hes done (Wilder) Tyson Fury took his heart
He was pure hype job from jump

No excuses we will see lol
He’s always been a one trick pony, who for the majority of his career hasn’t fought anyone decent. He’s one of the biggest punchers ever but never learned how to box, pathetic from a champion to waste their potential like that.

Also has fought 1 round in 2 years. Not really dedicated enough and no surprise to see him losing sharpness and timing here.

He’s always been a one trick pony, who for the majority of his career hasn’t fought anyone decent. He’s one of the biggest punchers ever but never learned how to box, pathetic from a champion to waste their potential like that.
Yeah but his competition was always pure trash so yeah great ko ratio. Resume is hot garbage

At least his showed sportsmanship
Thats all I can say

But he had no choice the absurdity to raise his hands when 12th round finished

Yeah but his competition was always pure trash so yeah great ko ratio. Resume is hot garbage
Yeah, the quality of opposition has been low throughout his career so he got used to being able to coast and bail himself out with his big left right combo against limited fighters. And against anyone who could box like Ortiz he’s reliant on luck.

At least his showed sportsmanship
Thats all I can say

But he had no choice the absurdity to raise his hands when 12th round finished
I’ll agree with that. The raising of hands was utterly stupid, but what he said after the fight makes him a lot more likeable than I’ve ever thought of him.

Joshua looks sharper and much more up for it than Wilder was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"