The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

All over. Efficient performance from Joshua. He looks better than he has for a long time.

On that card Bivol had robotic efficiency in his win and Daniel Dubois got a TKO in the last few seconds of the last round against Miller, 6 stone heavier.

Just catching up on some of the fights, pretty much echo what others have already said; Joshua looked sharp & dominant over Otto, tagged him a bunch of times hard. They saved him from getting battered further, he'd already taken some heavy shots & they probably saved him from being KO'd.

Parker looked solid against Wilder, avoided the power & managed to do tidy work gradually breaking Wilder down, if he'd taken it up a level the final few rounds he might have been able to get him out of there.

Wilder looks broken, it's crazy I remember in the build up to the first Fury fight Wilder talked such a big game like he had that animal inside him, that he had a no quit mentality, he'd faced adversity, overcame it, he had this ruthlessness about him that he had no fear in him.. when you saw the Parker fight not to mention the subsequent rematches with Fury, you can tell he was none of the things he claimed. Maybe he believed all that at one point, but when he tags people with that right hand & they don't go down or don't stay down, he doesn't have it in him to get involved in a scrap or to change it up. It didn't look like he had any business being in the ring with Parker, that's how poor he looked.

Tyson took him for granted Nhannou Joshua won't
Joshua Kills him softly with Jabs
late rd TKO

Tyson took him for granted Nhannou Joshua won't
Joshua Kills him softly with Jabs
late rd TKO
Yeah I picked fury to win and I’m picking Joshua. Have to go with the fires who have been training this sport for their lives. If he beats Joshua, I won’t pick against him again.

Eh anyone that thinks Frances is going down via TKO hasn't been paying attention. It'll be like the Fury fight, if it goes to a decision, Frances loses, but that's the only way he loses.

I'll catch the highlights, will probably be about £25
I wouldn’t pay myself but my dad/brother-on/law are likely getting it so will see it around theirs.

I wouldn’t pay myself but my dad/brother-on/law are likely getting it so will see it around theirs.

Yeah if I was going 1/2 or 1/4 with a few people I'd consider it, but £20+ is too much.

Yeah if I was going 1/2 or 1/4 with a few people I'd consider it, but £20+ is too much.
In the old days when I was a bigger fan of heavyweight boxing with the likes of Lennox, I would have paid without thinking. I like these 2 plus Usyk more than most of the rest of the division - no way I’d pay a £ for the vast majority of them.

Reactions: B
Bringing 60 year old Mike Tyson back in the ring for one last fight? This feels a bit like that Rocky Balboa movie, even though it's probably only an exhibition fight
All fights including YouTubers should be counted as exhibition fights. I’d have a lot less problem with them if they were for pure entertainment rather than granting a pro boxing record to people who haven’t earned their spots through talent rather than internet followers.

Rocky came back to fight quality opponents, that said I’m sure the majority of boxing fans will want Tyson to win/kick Paul’s ass and it might be worth watching (but not paying for PPV) for that reason alone.

There's a world's difference between 20 year old Iron Mike and 60 year old Mike Tyson.

Either way I hope the pay day is good for Tyson.

Zhang puts Parker on the mat in the 3rd round and then gets a few more blows in. I didn’t know this match was part of the undercard. Zhang has looked useful every time I’ve seen him.

Parker wins on workrate despite being knocked down a couple of times.

Ngannou down in the first round against Joshua.

And again in the second!

All over. Very impressive performance by Joshua.

I hope Ngannou isn’t done though. He can still cause upsets in boxing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"