The Tennis Thread - Part 5

After spending over $500 for day and night session tickets at the Open yesterday, I got to watch Djokovic get outplayed and then quit on his stool to cheat the paying fan.

We all knew it was coming, Djokovic has been play this game for 15 years now. Miss a shot, hold the supposed injured body part, make faces, stretch out supposed injured body part, do this for a few games, quit and go home.

There’s no honor in retiring. That to me is a large component of Djokovic’s legacy. If the match isn’t going his way, if he has a nagging injury, he’ll always take the easy way out and be a punk.

After spending over $500 for day and night session tickets at the Open yesterday, I got to watch Djokovic get outplayed and then quit on his stool to cheat the paying fan.

We all knew it was coming, Djokovic has been play this game for 15 years now. Miss a shot, hold the supposed injured body part, make faces, stretch out supposed injured body part, do this for a few games, quit and go home.

There’s no honor in retiring. That to me is a large component of Djokovic’s legacy. If the match isn’t going his way, if he has a nagging injury, he’ll always take the easy way out and be a punk.
Sorry about your experience. How many times has Djok done this now?

Nadal takes out Cilic in 4 sets on his way to the quarter finals.

Osaka loses in 2 sets to Bencic in the last 16.

Nadal takes out Cilic in 4 sets on his way to the quarter finals.
Nadal dropped a game, then recoups, like he's playing on clay here, gets Tiger Woods up on his feet! :D.

LOL Drama!~: After mistreating ball-person Daniil Medvedev (unseen by judge) gives secret gesture to booing crowd. :funny:

Last edited:
Haha, what does that gesture mean? :lmao:

Wow with the long absent Wawrinka finally back in form and upsetting the apple cart to take out Djokovic.
Now, Medvedev who recently beat Djokovic in Cincinnati, just took out Wawrinka and is into the semi-final.

Medvedev, (vid with secret gesture above notwithstanding), is really making a name for himself here.

Edit:

and another upset.
Federer falls to Grigor Dimitrov (ranked 78

Last edited:
Fed is out! He loses to Grigor Dimitrov in 5 sets.

Was hoping for another FeDal final.
Will Nadal be the next to fall? feels a bit like a last man standing situation.

Thing Roger is at the point in his career now where he faces a dilema. Grass is clearly his favourite surface, but he's starting to wane on the others. Twice in a row he's lots to players outside the top 50 at US open.
If Rafa wins this, he's only one behind in grand slams.
Can he still compete with others on Hard courts & clay?

Man, i was only watching on tv and i was annoyed. Cant imagine how you felt after paying money to see that. Stan was playing amazing and Novak had no answer whatsoever. Funny that the injury only showed up when he was losing (as usual). And he had said that he was 100%, so...

Women's semis are tonight, some awesome matches hopefully coming our way. Serena vs Svitolina. I'm really loving the way Svitolina's playing, so i'm really hoping her streak continues. It's refreshing seeing such a focused, poised player on court on the women's side, where consistency among top players is a huge issue.

The we have Bencic vs Andreescu, both also playing awesome tennis. It should be a heck of a match!

Thing Roger is at the point in his career now where he faces a dilema. Grass is clearly his favourite surface, but he's starting to wane on the others. Twice in a row he's lots to players outside the top 50 at US open.
If Rafa wins this, he's only one behind in grand slams.
Can he still compete with others on Hard courts & clay?
I think Roger's going to have it more and more difficult at grandslams. Yes, he's able to maintain high level tennis, but is it enough to get through Novak and Rafa? Obviously the chances of having to play both is high, unless there's upsets. I dunno, i think he's delaying retiring to try and protect his record, but i dont know how long he's going to be able to do it. And how there's a threat of other players out there coming up (although Dimitrov and Wawrinka arent exactly new kids on the block lol). I was shocked Dimitrov was finally able to beat him after so many meetings. Kudos to him for sure.

Medvedev, (vid with secret gesture above notwithstanding), is really making a name for himself here.
Agreed. The kid is playing some solid tennis at the moment. I'd be surprised if he doesnt make the final at this point, he's had a heck of a summer for sure.

Last edited:
Women's final will be a rematch of the Rogers Cup championship. Go get it, Bianca!

Go Canada! Bianca is a beast of a player.

That was an impressive victory by a teen. Now it's Rafa time.

Go Canada! Bianca is a beast of a player.
Congrats! Bianca stayed cool, and super focused for someone so young at a first slam.

-
Insane Men's final, it's no accident Medvedev (who beat Djokovic in Cincinnati) who here took out Wawrinka who took out Djokovic, just kept getting better, especially as the audience cheered him on for more, this guy has game.
Nadal had to fight for everything. Incredible final.

Lol at the interview, watching the clip of Nadal' 19 wins.
Medvedev: "I kept thinking, what would they have shown if I had won!? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Bim
Another great final. Congrats to both players. Nadal gets closer to all time no.1 slams.

LOL missed this earlier ...US Open Rafa hits ball into the broadcast booth!
To McEnroe and (Chris Fowler?) who almost caught it!

Last edited:
Nadal on in the Masters right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"