Justice League The Thanos Problem

Sequels for the Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are not guaranteed.

I dont see Affleck doing more than 4 films in total. Batman is their money-maker. Without Batman and possibly Superman, Justice League will most likely fail. And i certainly have no interest in seeing a Justice League movie without those two.

I doubt they'll recast batman. Affleck has a large say in this version and they'll have to recast with a late 40s actor. Don't see that happening. Ill bet that they either reboot Batman after Affleck in a self-contained universe again, or they'll do prequels. Either way, that's a younger Bruce Wayne strictly in Gotham, which has nothing to do with the Justice League.

Now?? 2019 is not "now". That's five years away. It's a long ways off.

You dont have Flash and Green Lantern headline a war against Darkseid. You NEED Superman and Batman there.
6a00d83451b52369e2019b03296647970d-popup

There's no reason not to recast Affleck if he refuses to do more than four films. In Justice League movies he'll have his mask on most of the time, anyway. Besides, are you seriously implying DC couldn't make successful movies without their two biggest stars? The MCU would have words with thee....

Stay true to the source material and hope for the best.

This. The final battle of Avengers was basically the same as Dark of the Moon the year before it, but nobody seemed to care too much. Just go forth with a faithful representation of Darkseid.

I thought the Gunn 'controversy' was pretty funny. People love to make a fuss out of nothing.

There are some similarities between Darkseid, Apocalypse and Thanos. Mainly with their look. But Darkseid should be done in a way where you feel frightened and fascinated. Thanos just feels like another bad guy alien who is big in size, but he's closed off, he wants to destroy things, he cracks smiles. Thanos almost looks like he's having a good time. Honestly, Spader's voice for Ultron makes that character feel far more intimidating than Brolin's character.

Both Marvel and DC are both guilty of stealing ideas from one another; especially when creating characters. This is why Thanos, Darksied, and Apocalypse seem a lot alike. However there not the same.

You're right Marvel does throw a lot of humor in there movie. However there are dark and serious elements to the Marvel movies. Disney has struck a balance between the two. All though I suspect that will shift with Age of Ultron (which Kevin Feige has said that the Marvel movies would be much dark a starting with Age of Ultron.).

As for Thanos they haven't done anything with Thanos. There not trying to make him scary or intimidating. There trying to get the audience to ask who and what is Thaos story. Remember the vast majority of you're audience don't really follow comic books. They don't want to give the audience everything at once. It's all part of the plan. When they finally do use Thanos then they will make him scary and intimidating for now they want audience asking questions for time being.

I hope Darkseid wipes the floor with him. Fans get two back-to-back movies with Thanos with the second part released at the same time as Justice League's Part 2. Which features Darkseid, probably for the only time. This is not a situation where he will appear in a comedy space opera (Guardians) or in a post-credit scene practically twirling his mustache in a comedic team-up (Avengers). It will be built upon through references, but the big reveal happens in this one Justice League movie in 2019. Darkseid NEEDS to feel like Satan himself as a dictator, with his followers, and whether he comes to Earth or the League goes to him, he has to feel evil/serious as all hell. No fooling around. He's not isolated. Pure business.

First off they haven't even announced a villain for of there movies. Hell for that matter we don't even know who the villain of Batman vs Superman is let alone Justice League. There are so many other villains they could go with besides Darksied. For all you know they are going to go with the Syndicate and do a sort of Forever Evil type story line. You all are just hoping for Darksied.

One things I love his how you guys slam Marvel but Marvel has been extremely successful. There banking in the dough and mean while DC hasn't even gotten started. I keep hearing Darksied needs to be this or he needs to be that. I keep hearing how great all these movies will be and how much better then Marvel will be. Maybe it will be all that but till they do it's all talk. You guys keep going on about how WB should make the films serious and dark but that doesn't prove that will make the films successful. Till they do it and they are successful it's all noise in my opinion.

One thing I'm going to put out there. What if the very things you hate about Marvel is the very thing that has made Marvel so successful? What will that mean for WB if they completely elemental those things from there films? Will the same people who went and saw those Marvel movies want to see DC films that are devoid of the very elements they loved about the Marvel movies in first place?

Bottom line is this WB shouldn't be afraid to use any character they fell would make for a great movie. Disney shouldn't be afraid to use any character they feel will make a great movie. Both company should set out to make a great comic book movie. They should both try and honor the fan and the comics by using the comics a source material while at the same time striving to find ways to make them appealing to non comic book fans.

Both Thanos and Darksied are both great characters. Though I think I prefer to see Darksied if done right.

Last edited:
Give me Thanos and Darksied I'm a greedy kid and want it all.

^ Agreed, I want everything. As I've said before, I think there's enough to differentiate them so that audiences don't view them as all essentially being the same guy. The only similarity they have is slightly in appearance (I wouldn't count Apocalypse in this). But there are a million different subtle things they can do to make the characters differ in appearance.

There really is no problem at all. And I highly doubt WB would completely abstain from using Darkseid. He's the biggest villain the DCU has to offer & one of the best villains in comic books altogether.

lol at james gunn. why would it be weird? that's just a stupid ass comment to make.

The comparisons to Thanos are inevitable. Once you accept that, you will know peace.

Just try making Darkseid the best villain you can, give him an aura, something the animated universe did very well, even though they underpowered the character a bit. The worst you can do to Darkseid is making him bland, which may easily happen if they're not careful.

Just try making Darkseid the best villain you can, give him an aura, something the animated universe did very well, even though they underpowered the character a bit. The worst you can do to Darkseid is making him bland, which may easily happen if they're not careful.

Indeed. When Darkseid is presented, as long as he's portrayed strongly & correctly there's nothing to fear. If they can capture anything close to what the animated series did or the best of Darkseid in the comic books, people won't be thinking anything of Thanos.

Darkseid has too many distinguishing characteristics to set him apart for him to be seen as the same guy. Staying true to what he's all about is all they have to do.

And for the love of God, WB, please use his New 52 look or something close. :hubba

all I gotta say......**** THANOS!, seriously he's a turd compared to LORD DARKSEID. Bring on the God of Omega :D

all I gotta say......**** THANOS!

Only Death has such privileges. I am afraid you will have to apportion your desires in the realm of fantasy.

Just do a faithful Darkseid, if people want to make comparisons let them, the characters are totally different in terms of personality.

Competition is good, it keeps the standards of CBM's high. Everyone here will tell their grandchildren one day how they lived through the golden ages of comic book movies. This is a beautiful time.

Competition is good, it keeps the standards of CBM's high. Everyone here will tell their grandchildren one day how they lived through the golden ages of comic book movies. This is a beautiful time.

That is for certain! It's so exciting watching some of my favorite characters and stories come to life on the big screen in live action!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"