The Tim Burton/Kevin Smith Feud

yes and yes..

But remember it isn't a spider, its a Thanagarian Snare Beast.

I'm sure Smith could have made a great Superman movie if he didn't have to include those ****ing bullet points.

Speculation this is. Smith has done nothing that resembles a good superhero movie.

His Superman script wasn't that bad..
Except for the Spider/Gay Robot/No Costume/Chewy/Brainiac fighting bears
That **** was horrible.

His Superman script wasn't that bad..
Except for the Spider/Gay Robot/No Costume/Chewy/Brainiac fighting bears
That **** was horrible.

Yeah--not to mention the good stories he did for Green Arrow, Daredevil and Spider-Man...well, when they were on time, I mean. :o

and the polar bear.. the fiercest mammal in the Animal Kingdom.

kevin smith is nothing but a talentless, pompous ass IMO. Burtons batman is like the late 30's batman comics, atleast DC had imput on Batman 89. but it is pretty obvious he knew nothing about comics or batman in general. But even though, i still love his noir/cinematic vision of batman.

Nolan's movies are anything but boring..
They are a combination of your beloved Bronze Age and Modern Batman..

Nolan's movies are anything but boring..
They are a combination of your beloved Bronze Age and Modern Batman..

well, can't say it isn't, Batman Begins comes actually after Burton's first Batman in my list.

But both director weren't Batman fans. Nolan probably knew the movies and had his own ideas for the character and then (Goyer perhaps) gave him some books like "The Long Halloween".

I don't know, I just find Begins more enjoyable than B89, I really can't pinpoint why, but it gives me the experience I have when I'm sucked into a back issue of LOTDK.. B89 was good but it doesn't give me that same excitment or rush anymore..

Bottom line Burton knows nothing about Batman.
Or comics for that matter..

The important thing is that he knows about filmmaking. That, and the fact that he's made the most successful Batman movie to date can irk people like Smith.

well, can't say it isn't, Batman Begins comes actually after Burton's first Batman in my list.

But both director weren't Batman fans. Nolan probably knew the movies and had his own ideas for the character and then (Goyer perhaps) gave him some books like "The Long Halloween".

There goes the concept of 'only comic readers/geeks can make good superhero movies.'

Nolan stated on the DVd he was a fan , and was wat grabbed his attention due to his a culmative memory of the character, he then went about gettin Goyer himself and all the elemetns prepared to give to WB -plus he read the comics and was himsellf who read a bat comic and found one that he used 9all this and he read teh comcis that went into the film before he met with WB so it really kinda does show
tbh he really was a fan!!

just not a huge diehard obsessed fan like yourself!

Nolan stated on the DVd he was a fan , and was wat grabbed his attention due to his a culmative memory of the character, he then went about gettin Goyer himself and all the elemetns prepared to give to WB -plus he read the comics and was himsellf who read a bat comic and found one that he used 9all this and he read teh comcis that went into the film before he met with WB so it really kinda does show
tbh he really was a fan!!

just not a huge diehard obsessed fan like yourself!

Nolan was as much a Batman fan as Burton.

he really wasnt, he wasnt a massive fan, but he was way more a fan than Burton was!
Burton said he would never read a comic!- Nolan read quite alot -and even said himself that the key was looking at the comic history

its really easy info to find- but i or anyone else wont ever change your opionen cause your so die hard set against not liking Nolan : P

Burton is a successful hypocrit.

He said he would never read a comic book, but he made a Batman movie.
He said he doesn't like musicals, but he made Nightmare before Christmas and Sweeney Todd.

Burton is a successful hypocrit.

He said he would never read a comic book, but he made a Batman movie.

So what? You don't need to read 1 opage of a comic book to make a good superhero movie.

He said he doesn't like musicals, but he made Nightmare before Christmas and Sweeney Todd.

I don't recall him saying he disliked musicals.

Maybe he didn't like crappy musicals. Like Disney's or such. So he decided to make a good one and break the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"