I met Kevin Smith!

Peacekeeper 2.0

Enema Of The State
Reaction score
So I checked the ViewAskew website and saw that Kevin Smith was gonna be in town on Monday to do a meet and greet with as many fans as possible at the famous Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash. Seeing as how Red Bank (NJ) is only about a ten minute drive, I decided I would go. I figured I'd get there around 9 or so in the morning as there would probably be people there early for the event, scheduled to start at 2PM. So I get there with my friend Kevin (cool coincidence) and we get in line. There's about 7 or 8 people in front of us when we first jump in line. Within two hours, there is at least 200 people there. A Stash employee comes out and tells us we have to swing the line around the corner in the opposite direction so we don't block the other stores. So, we all walk backwards around the corner. A few kids who were there really early got to stand in front of the door, and everyone else was around the corner. Me and my friend were 3rd and 4th in the line. After waiting a few hours, its around 1 PM, and guess who strolls by....

...Donkey Lips. Yes, Donkey Lips from "Salute Your Shorts" was at the Kevin Smith signing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTdt28YT8E8

Anyway, around 3:10 PM, we get let in to meet Kevin Smith. Awesome dude. He was very nice and he signed my A&P (grocery store) apron and wrote "F**K A&P." on it. Haha, awesome.
kspccpcc.jpg

Then on Tuesday they were showing Clerks in Marina Park in Red Bank, and Kevin Smith was going to be there so I decided to go with a few friends. We got there, and it turns out Brian O'Halloran (Dante from Clerks) and Marilyn Ghigliotti (Veronica from Clerks) were there to sign autographs and meet the fans. I looked over towards the front and saw a small line building away from the autograph line. I walked over and asked what it was for, and they said it was to ask Kevin Smith a question for a Q&A session before the movie. I jumped in line and when Kevin arrived, I got to ask my question in front of everyone there. After me and my friend asked Kevin questions, we got back in line with my friend and his girlfriend to meet Brian and Marilyn. We got pics with them and autographs, then we went back to our spot on the hill, enjoyed the rest of the Q&A on a beautiful night, and then a little before it got really dark outside they started showing the movie. The screen was a big inflatable screen with the projector in a truck behind the hill. An awesome evening.
brianmarilynmepcpc.jpg

That's cool.:up: In the first pic you look like an older version of a kid in my school.

My gf's sister was friends with "Caitlin" and assures me she was and is a whackadoo.

i hate you but at the same time wish i was you:(

Did anyone ask maylin if she ever sucked 37 ***** in real life? She looks kinda old now though.Besides Kevin Smith,Why would you want autographs from the others? They aren't professional actors.

Kevin Smith's films have a huge fan base, and many people appreciate the View Askew universe for what it is, so it's only natural for someone to want meet those people and get autographs and whatnot. :up:

I'd like to meet Kevin Smith, and maybe if I ever go to Wizard World again I will. It was awesome the one time I went, I saw the dude who does the introductions in each magazine. :(

I'm 35-40 minutes from Leonardo, Red Bank etc. I've been in his store but never met him.

Erzengel said:
I'm 35-40 minutes from Leonardo, Red Bank etc. I've been in his store but never met him.
i'm i the only one that would buy camping gear for a trip there??

Erzengel said:
but I'll bet the air was heavy with his scent.

I took my younger cousins to the Quick Stop once and then to Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash. They seemed to be in awe of it.

Shoulda slapped him and said, "The Spider-Man movies are good, you lardy fatass. Haha"

Has anyone heard the q&a of him about making the Superman movie?, it was hilarious lol.

Geekz said:
Has anyone heard the q&a of him about making the Superman movie?, it was hilarious lol.
big spider, eyes of a killer, no suit....if only it was made:(

Lord Valumart said:
big spider, eyes of a killer, no suit....if only it was made:(

lol, "than I went and saw one of his movies, called Wild Wild West" lol!

Geekz said:
i was laughing my head off at that part....i need to watch that again sometime...i need a laugh

Cool :D He is coming to the UK soon, wish i could go and meet him but its too far away to drive :(

I wish I lived in Leonardo, i'd be hanging out infront of The Quickstop all day.

Lord Valumart said:
i was laughing my head off at that part....i need to watch that again sometime...i need a laugh
what's your avatar from?

Geekz said:

Even better is him in Comic Book: The Movie making fun of that again saying those are really good ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"