The Tobey Maguire/Peter Parker Thread

Reaction score
I think he did a very good job in Spider-Man 1 and 2. Everybody was very critical as Sony annouced that he will be play Spidey/Parker, but now i think everybody is happy with the decision of Raimi and Co.

tobymaguire.jpg

What do you think? Give me your opinion.:)

P.S. If a thread like this exist, can a mod delete this one. But i have not found a thread like that.

I Thought Tobey has done an amazing job portraying both Parker & Spidey in both flims & I can't wait to see him again in Spidey 3 . I to wasn't sure he could pull of the role . But he prove me wrong.

Congrats Tobey Maguire you've done a great job protraying Marvel comics Best Superhero The Amazing SPIDER-MAN .

He's played the part very well, except for times he'd have this lifeless, dull, expression (kirsten has mastered this)... I only hope he's written closer to the way I envision spider-man to be, which is what he was in the videogame for sm2....

Galactical said:
He's played the part very well, except for times he'd have this lifeless, dull, expression (kirsten has mastered this)... I only hope he's written closer to the way I envision spider-man to be, which is what he was in the videogame for sm2....

In the video game spider-man 2, Spidey pulled so many wisecracks during battle it was super funny . :spidey:

I think Tobeys a very good actor. I think he will do very well in what is a dual personality role. I saw him in 'ride with the devil' and thought he was excellent. He'll be able to pull off dark spidey without any problems, I think we will all be pleased! (Hopefully)!

Silverdragon said:
I think he did a very good job in Spider-Man 1 and 2. Everybody was very critical as Sony annouced that he will be play Spidey/Parker, but now i think everybody is happy with the decision of Raimi and Co.

tobymaguire.jpg

What do you think? Give me your opinion.:)

P.S. If a thread like this exist, can a mod delete this one. But i have not found a thread like that.

:eek: He looks like a drunk!

Looks Like Peter Has Grown Into A Drunken Bum! You Think With All The Money Made With The Spidey Films, He Could Shave And Get A Haircut.

I like Tobey as Spidey, IMO he did better in one than in 2. But sometimes I can't stand his cooky facial expressions. Not very Spiderman-ish at all. Plus, he mumbles some times... like in the teaser When he said "I don't know" "but I have to stop it" he sounded like he had a sack of grapes in his mouth.

Menthol said:
l. Plus, he mumbles some times... like in the teaser When he said "I don't know" "but I have to stop it" he sounded like he had a sack of grapes in his mouth.

LOL:)

i wouldnt choose anyone else
in fact i wouldnt change any of the casting, minus Dunst (but thats a separate topic)

Silverdragon said:
Maybe, he was drunk, because it was the Spidey 2 Premiere.:)

Nope. Tobey doesn't drink. And geez, there are about a bazillion better Tobey photos to share than the one in post #1 of this thread.

tm_still2.jpg

Variety_Tm.jpg

Anyway, I always find it interesting that people here at SHH have such polarizing views on Tobey's acting. I think that the majority of those who have ventured out to see Tobey's other films appreciate his performance as Peter Parker more than those who haven't. But, people have their preferences and that is fine.

I look forward to Tobey surprising and impressing the lingering naysayers who think he doesn't have the charisma to pull off a more flippant, aggressive, humorous Peter Parker. In real life, Tobey is known to be a very funny person in a dry, low-key cunning sort of way but some people just have no idea of this, especially those who have never seen him in other films. I look forward to people getting a dose of that and seeing new sides of Tobey Maguire (and shutting the hell up about his ability or lack thereof to deliver good one-liners).

Thanks for the thread. Tobey is surely worthy of his own bash-me thread at the Hype..;)

^ thats true
this is the one of the few boards that i see that still hasnt accepted Tobey

InsomniacFreak said:
Thanks for the thread. Tobey is surely worthy of his own bash-me thread at the Hype..

No Problem;)

He's a very good actor. In Spider-Man 1-2 he played good but if somebody want to see his talent, then you should see The Cider House Rules,Ride with the Devil,The Ice Storm and Wonder Boys.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"