The Tobey Maguire/Peter Parker Thread

Yeah, that's a good idea. Throw out the cast that a majority has loved for 3 films, and also get rid of the director that brought the comic to life.

:o

I'd be pissed if they did that. That's one reason why Batman sucked. Forever and B&R anyway. Sucked so much they had to take almost 10 years to re-start, and thankfully it worked. Though, I still like Burton's better for having a more comic book feel to it and the best music.

Yeah, so do THAT to Spider-Man. -_- And it's surely not a fact that Tobey and Kirsten "just want the money." Tobey and Sam have said they'd keep doing it if they had good stories to tell.

One movie that some love and some hate is no reason to reboot. Thank God you don't run the balls on this franchise.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Throw out the cast that a majority has loved for 3 films, and also get rid of the director that brought the comic to life.

I'd be pissed if they did that. That's one reason why Batman sucked. Forever and B&R anyway. Sucked so much they had to take almost 10 years to re-start, and thankfully it worked. Though, I still like Burton's better for having a more comic book feel to it and the best music.

Yeah, so do THAT to Spider-Man. -_- And it's surely not a fact that Tobey and Kirsten "just want the money." Tobey and Sam have said they'd keep doing it if they had good stories to tell.

One movie that some love and some hate is no reason to reboot. Thank God you don't run the balls on this franchise.[/quote]

You can't compare this to the old Baman series, which isn't even a consistent series. Raimi's Spider-man has has 3 films, a complete trilogy. Spider-man 3 was a big letdown for many, but even so, it's still a decent ending for the series.

I'm not looking for a reboot a la TIH or Batman Begins, but I want to see something new. If this series drags on for two more films, it can easily wind up right next to the old Batman movies: 2 good entries, and a few "they should have stopped here". We've all heard how Raimi's Spider-man films have been very similar to the Superman films, even SM3. But that could likely continue with a 4th film and I don't know about you, but I hope it doesn't happen.

Why not inject some life into the franchise? New cast, new director, new vision. Let's be honest. We all love Tobey but by the time a new series starts up, he'll be 35 with two children. He's not in good shape (not sure how anyone can say he looked good in Tropic Thunder, he wore a monk's robe and was in in for 30 seconds) and I'm sure he would like to move on with new projects as well. Same deal with Dunst. She wouldn't even scream for Spider-man 3! They had to reuse her screams for the previous movie.

Same deal with everyone else involved. They've devoted over 10 years to Spider-man. I'd like to see Raimi stay on as a producer and move the series in a new direction.

Same deal with everyone else involved. They've devoted over 10 years to Spider-man. I'd like to see Raimi stay on as a producer and move the series in a new direction.

Maybe Raimi will lead the series in a new direction as the director? Who says he can't do that just because he directed the first three movies? The cast and crew of all the movies had to have noticed that Spider-Man 3 didn't have the unanimous praise like the first two films did. Sure, Spider-Man 3 made a TON of money worldwide, but I think that people are very much aware that the franchise will be dead if Spider-Man 4 becomes a repeat of Spider-Man 3. Especially with movies like The Dark Knight and Iron Man being in the picture now, I truly believe that Sony and Raimi know they have to step up their game.

Now, with that said ... I consider myself to be a fan of Spider-Man 3, though I don't think it comes even close to matching the quality of the first two movies. I believe that Sony is making progress by hiring new writers for Spider-Man 4's script, because it shows that the company wants to freshen things up. The audience will have the same cast and the same director, but the new writers might give the franchise a new breath of fresh air that people want to see.

Did he say everybody? No.

He said many, many people.

It seems you're only worth on these boards, if an,y is to pop up in any threads concerning SM3 and bashing it when you are surrounded with people who share the same yet a little more sophisticated knowledge on the matter as yourself.

It seems you're only worth on these boards, if an,y is to pop up in any threads concerning SM3 and bashing it when you are surrounded with people who share the same yet a little more sophisticated knowledge on the matter as yourself.

'an,y'.

Yes, because I actually know how to use a keyboard.

'an,y'.

Yes, because I actually know how to use a keyboard.

Yes, because you can't come up with any good direct arguments other than insulting someone's use of a keyboard.

Anything else? If we're gonna play it this way, and if I have to stoop down to your level, isn't LightningFlash suppose to be two words?

I love Tobey Maguire as Peter but just wish Raimi would give him a decent joke to spit out when he's fighting. Spidey not cracking jokes = :down.

Last night I re-watched Spider-Man 3 for the first time since I watched it in the theater (note: I loved it, no complaints here :cwink:) with the commentary on. It made me like and appreciate the movie even more. I just wish they'd stay on topic more, and comment on each scene as they come on. They went off in their own conversation way too much for me at times. :(

It also reaffirmed by Tobey Maguire is perfect for Peter Parker/Spider-Man and the recasting threads should die into obscurity... He has great comedic timing, his voice is PERFECT for all the Spidey 'quips' during fight scenes and the general plain dialogue (reminds me a lot like Christopher Daniel Barnes) and just has a genuine feel for Parker. (I also rewatched his screen test. He was really fit wasn't he? Hopefully he can back in shape again). Franco and Raimi often complimented on the way he would deliver some of his lines and I completely agree.

Another thing I noticed; Maguire and Franco are really believable as best friends. I didn't ever get that feeling from any Spider-Man medium, even the animated series (which is pretty much perfect to me). In the scene where Harry comments during the climax fight scene between Venom/Sandman 'looks like I came just in the nick of time,' Peter replies 'a few minutes earlier would have been nice,'. That and when Harry tells Pete to 'hang on!' when they are on the glider, and he just shouts back 'TO WHAT?!'

Just some of my favorites...

One movie that some love and some hate is no reason to reboot. Thank God you don't run the balls on this franchise.

People who want to reboot a franchise that's only 8 years old gives me the lulz. This obsession with 'reboots' is becoming waaaay too much.

Last edited:
I'm looking foward to seeing Spidey quip in #4. Everytime he quips, as p4poetic said, it's just perfect timing. :up:

From the Panels to the Screen: Hollywood drawn to comics

Spider-Man - (8)

galcomicspiderman2.jpg

When Stan Lee first envisioned the idea of a teenager who had the powers of a spider in 1962, his publisher thought he was crazy. Five decades later, the movie trilogy starring Toby McGuire as the wall-crawler grossed $2.5 billion worldwide at the box office.

Credits: Marvel Comics/Sony

Published: 04/16/2009 16:10:20

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...books/hollywood_drawn_to_comic_books.html#ph7

awesome shots above, but why cant' they make posters of him being down lower where he could actually have his web attached to something? hes a hundred feet above the chrysler building in the one shot, that is too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"