The Tobey Maguire Appreciation thread

Do you believe Andrew Garfield will outshine Tobeys performances SMH12?
I do, imo.

I do, imo.
I think he's going to do great. I have a feeling that TASM will be even better than this trilogy. [I know what you're thinking. I am SMH12, but I'm under a new username because I was banned for having too many posts].

I think Tobey did a fantastic job. I have to admit I was extremely skeptical when I heard he was cast in the role, but I was soaring with glee after seeing what a kick ass job he did of bringing Peter/Spidey to the screen. Bravo, job well done!

I do, imo.
Tobey did an incredible job and will be REALLY really hard to top, if you ask me, so I really don't know at this point.

Last edited:
Tobey was brilliant in the role. As the OP said, he really captured the essence.

He'll always be "my" Spider-Man, but Garfield will be good too.
Yeah, I feel Tobey will always be my personal favorite.

I do, imo.

I do. Poor writing crippled the previous trilogy... I don't think that's going to be the case this time around.

Tobey was an excellent Peter Parker, and no matter what slight gripe I may have with how the character might have been written in either of the sequels, I still think that he always made the most of whatever he was working with. I still remember the first time I came across the news that he was cast that I just thought he was perfect casting. I had already become a fan through other movies like Pleasantville, Cider House Rules and Wonder Boys, so I knew he was capable of doing the character justice and he didn't disappoint. Whenever I watch the first movie, I still think he was great at playing both a nerdy Ditkoesque Parker in the first half and then a more confident and more mature Romitaesque version in the second half. It's a shame that his post-Spidey career has been pretty stagnant because I think he still has some good performances left in him.

I still remember the first time I came across the news that he was cast that I just thought he was perfect casting. I had already become a fan through other movies like Pleasantville, Cider House Rules and Wonder Boys, so I knew he was capable of doing the character justice and he didn't disappoint. Whenever I watch the first movie, I still think he was great at playing both a nerdy Ditkoesque Parker in the first half and then a more confident and more mature Romitaesque version in the second half. It's a shame that his post-Spidey career has been pretty stagnant because I think he still has some good performances left in him.
Agreed. He was so perfect for the role, IMO. It suited him greatly.

Btw, did you see Brothers (2009)?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"