The Trekkie Conundrum

I always saw Trek as too sterile....I liked Enterprise because characters did get mad at each other and the ship itself had issues...Bakula is the man

I did like one ep where Trip is crawling through a rock tunnel behind others of Dr. Pholx's race...but one keeps stopping to collect rock samples, Trip has had enough of it and says "If you don't get moving, I'm gonna take my phase pistol and shoot you in the ass!"

People will always make fun of the Trekkies who wear Starfleet uniforms, Vulcan ears, Klingon... anything, use catchphrases from the shows, and can name/recite episodes of any of the Trek shows other than the Tribbles one.

That's me.

I always saw Trek as too sterile....I liked Enterprise because characters did get mad at each other and the ship itself had issues...Bakula is the man

DS9 had plenty of that stuff too. It was a little more subtle but they had plenty of malfunctions dealing with a Cardie space station and plenty of battles to work through inside and outside the station. I especially like early O'Brien and Bashir's fights.

I think Star Trek is kinda unique in that it's one of the few sci-fi interpretations of the future that's damn near utopian. I didn't stop seeing the Federation as a flawless entity until Deep Space Nine.

That's me.
I've never been one to keep track of episode titles or even which season an episode took place in. I'm that guy who says stuff like "that one episode where the Enterprise crew met those aliens that looked like a bunch of bum hippies, and there was the concert, and they didn't know how to run their own civilization." Literally, the only episode across any Trek show that I can name is "Trouble with Tribbles." Some of my favorite episodes of TNG and DS9 are nameless to me.

I caught a minute of TNG last night on SCIFI.

It was funny as hell seeing the dude with the ass on his head in the old west with a cowboy look.

They called it, "The Ancient West."

I've never been one to keep track of episode titles or even which season an episode took place in. I'm that guy who says stuff like "that one episode where the Enterprise crew met those aliens that looked like a bunch of bum hippies, and there was the concert, and they didn't know how to run their own civilization." Literally, the only episode across any Trek show that I can name is "Trouble with Tribbles." Some of my favorite episodes of TNG and DS9 are nameless to me.

I don't know every single one, but I can name you most any TNG, DS9 and Voyager ep. It wasn't intentional, the titles have just stuck with me through years of first runs, reruns and DVD watching.

My mind is just weird that way.

Observe...

I caught a minute of TNG last night on SCIFI.

It was funny as hell seeing the dude with the ass on his head in the old west with a cowboy look.

They called it, "The Ancient West."

A Fistful of Datas

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"