The "Ultimate DC Universe" RPG, Season 3.0: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

UltimateRPGs

Overseer of Ultimate
Reaction score
udcbannerip0.png
Ultimate DC Text from http://galactus.genesismuds.com
Header retrieved by twylight, edited and remade by Master Bruce

.about the ultimate dc universe rpg.

Hello, and welcome to the third annual season of The Ultimate DC Universe RPG!

Similar in style to The "World Of Heroes" DC Comic RPG, this game allows players to enact and portray famous DC Comic characters, through an interactive writing and a continuity continued by the players themselves. However, this RPG takes place in a brand new, 'Ultimate' setting, re-envisioning classic characters and famous concepts for a new and modern age. We now join the various heroes and villains already established, as their third year takes shape. What new developments will shake the foundations of this new world? What allies and enemies will be made? Will the heroes of earth triumph over evil? The answer to all of these questions, and more, are simple...

You decide.​
- - -

.gamemasters.

.gamemasters.

Master Bruce - Founder & Gamemaster
Andy C. - Assistant Gamemaster
Green Lantern - Assistant Gamemaster
Catman_prb - Game Moderator

.advisors.

twylight
batnkevlar
The Question

- - -

. the 'Ultimate' World: History and Parameters of the Ultimate DC Universe.

The following posts contain, the parameters and history of this universe. Use these as a starting point, to get to know this world. What you do in it and how your character reacts in it is entirely up to you. Good luck!

.post one.

.post two.

- - -

.rules.
  • Players can choose any DC Comic character they wish, and ''Ultimize'' them. Since there is no established Ultimate continuity for DC, some liberties can be taken. However, We ask that you at least try and stay true to the character's basics. (IE: Superman's an alien, Batman's a mortal, Wonder Woman's an Amazonian warrior, ect.) Don't make him or her completely 100% different from his/her's Regular DC counterpart.
  • This is in an Ultimate DC continuity. Meaning, this does not tie into the continuity of DC Comics. (IE: Superman never died, Batman was never broken by Bane, ect.) So don't play as if any of that has already happen. This is a NEW universe.
  • No Killing. Unnamed faceless NPC's (*Non Player Characters) are okay, but not comic characters. Someone else may want to take up the character, or they may be imporant to another story.
  • You can go anywhere on earth, or travel off planet, but do so within your character's means.
  • Provided you've proven yourself a capable RPG participant, you will be allowed the option of two to three characters. Characters can be reserved at any point during the season for a period of two weeks.
  • You are your character, so act like it. Talk like them, use their dialogue. Do not exaggerate their powers or abilities, or pop-up here and there without explaination.
  • Several stories can be going at once, and you have the freedom to interact with other characters.
  • Borrowing elements from other mediums aside from the comic books is to be kept to a minimum. But a direct adaptation is prohibited. This RPG is about creativity... Try to your own ideas above all else. (If you're stuck creatively, ask the gamemasters for advice)
  • If your character is closely related to another player's character (Example: Lex and Superman), it is strongly suggested that you PM the other player about your plans, so they can plan accordingly.
  • No Time Travel. (Unless someone wants to play an Ultimate Booster Gold, where the character needs that.)
  • You must post every two weeks, though it is preferred that you post more. If you go two weeks without a post without prior notice, your character is be up for grabs.
  • All regular Hype rules also apply.
  • Have fun.
- - -

.roster.

udcrosterheroes2sm2.png

udcrosterheroests5.png

udcrosterwtlof8.png

udcrostervillainsio4.png

All characters and players are subject to change at any time, pending removal by request and/or failure to follow rules.

udcbanner2altrc5.png

- - -

.'ULTIMATE DC UNIVERSE' RPG Application.

Screen name:

Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Hero, Villain, or Walking The Line?:

Basic history of the character:

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

What do you plan on doing with this character as a person? (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?):

Please provide two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG (as a player):

What fonts do you plan to use for your character’s speech?:

Character sample post (Three paragraphs and one line of dialogue, at minimum):

Please provide a picture to be used for the roster:

- - -

.the reserve list.
(Characters who have been previously reserved by a player - These characters CANNOT be chosen by anyone else, until removed)

Robin/Richard 'Dick' Grayson - Eddie Brock Jr.
Zoom - Green Lantern
Bane - Spike_x1
Maxie Zeus - trustyside-kick

Last edited by a moderator:
.The 'Ultimate' Guide.
Looking for a character? Need to know the history of a certain character who may have been used? Just need an idea of where to go? Wonder no more.
*NOTE: all information is subject to change*

Heroes

Ultimate Arrow
First Appearance: Season 1.0, Post #239
Players: Batman, Apprentice
Introduced by Batman

Ultimate Atom
First Apppearance: Season 1.0, IC Post #18
Introduced by GL1

Ultimate Hawkman
First Appearance: Season 2.0, Post #
Players: SenseiofCheese
Introduced by SenseiofCheese

Ultimate Hourman
First Appearance: Season 1.0, Post #
Players: The BatDude, Feature
Introduced by The BatDude

Ultimate Ion
Players: guitarsingerguy
Introduced by guitarsingerguy

Ultimate Question
Players: Byrd Man
Introduced by Byrd Man

Ultimate Spectre
Players: Karem-Knight
Introduced by Karem-Knight

Ultimate Terrific
Players: Byrd Man
Introduced by Byrd Man

Ultimate Warrior
First Appearance: Season 1.0, Post #157
Players: Sentry2005, Byrd Man
Introduced by Sentry2005

Ultimate Zatanna
Players: Blacklight
Introduced by Blacklight

Villains

Ultimate Blackrock
Players: Spike_x1
Introduced by Spike_x1

Ultimate Brother Blood
Players: trustyside-kick
Introduced by trustyside-kick

Ultimate Clayface
Players: trustyside-kick
Introduced by trustyside-kick

Ultimate Deathstroke
First Appearance: Season 1.0, Post #20
Players: taskmaster, Byrd Man
Introduced by taskmaster

Ultimate Freeze
First Appearance: Season 1.0, Post #103
Players: MST3k_4ever
Introduced by MST3k_4ever

Ultimate Giganta
Players: MST3k_4ever
Introduced by MST3k_4ever

Ultimate Harley
First Appearance: Season 1.0, Post #98
Players: Charlie No-One
Introduced by Charlie No-One

Ultimate Heatwave
Players: Mr.Dent
Introduced by Mr.Dent

Ultimate Ivy
First Appearance: Season 1.0, Post #97
Players: Charlie No-One
Introduced by Charlie No-One

Ultimate LOBO
First Appearance: Season 1.0, Post #12
Players: LibrarianThorne
Introduced by LibrarianThorne

Ultimate Mask
Players: Catman_prb
Introduced by Catman_prb

Ultimate Mirror Master
Players: SenseiofCheese
Introduced by SenseiofCheese

Ultimate Scarecrow
First Appearance: Season 1.0, Post #6
Players: Watchman, Venom160
Introduced by Watchman

Ultimate Weather Wizard
First Appearance: Season 1.0, Post #150
Players: spartin2008, Watchman
Introduced by spartin2008

Ultimate Zod
First Appearance: Season 1.0, Post #296
Players: Olcanucklehead, Karem-Knight
Introduced by Olcanucklehead

Ultimate Zoom
First Appearance: Season 1.0, Post #2
Introduced by Green Lantern

Last edited by a moderator:

Screenname: Master Bruce

Character You Would Like To Play: Ultimate Batman

Basic History Of The Character: Watching his parents gunned down infront of his eyes at adolescence, Bruce Wayne silently vowed a war on criminality in all of it's forms. Using his inherited wealth to travel abroad and gain access to inner circles unknown to the general world at large, Wayne spent a large portion of his life honing his body and mind to the peak of physical humanistic perfection, gaining a greater strength and insight against the criminal fraternity with every year that went by, until his eventual return to the decaying and corrupt Gotham City. Knowing that fear was his ultimate weapon and advantage against the city's evil, Wayne became a self fabricated and fearsome creature of the night... The Dark Knight Detective Of Gotham City, The Batman.

The first year was easy. It was the second year that proved to be memorable. After inspiring fear and panic into the criminal underworld by systematically taking down Gotham City's criminal organizations one at a time, Batman, and his playboy alter-ego Bruce Wayne, was faced with a slew of new allies, and new enemies, inhabiting the city he has sworn to protect. With the death of Carmine Falcone still lingering above Gotham's skies, many mob enforcers looked to fill his shoes, from Salvatore 'Big Boss' Maroni to the crimeboss Anthony 'Fat Tony' Zucco. And as the caped crusader plotted to drive them out of Gotham for good, many new, unusual threats arose. Black Mask, another crimeboss on the rise, had made his mark on Gotham's underworld with a series of brutal murders and calcuative strategy to take over the mafia. The Riddler, a former brief associate of Bruce Wayne's scorned, struck a personal chord with The Dark Knight when blackmailing his true identity with the kidnapping of his faithful aide... only to finally solve the riddle of what face lies beneath the cowl. And that was only the beginning. But a brutal serial killer made his mark, above all others, on Gotham's history, when he committed a mass murder that easily topped the records of previous attempts. He was called The Joker, and it was clear to Batman from day one that this madman was a force to be reckoned with... but he has yet to fully realize the true potential that the killer's cunning insanity will provide.

While there were struggles, there were also potentially legendary friendships forged. In the wake of an alien invasion that overtook thousands of human lives, Batman would join forces with Metropolis' Man of Steel, the fabled Superman, and an Amazonian warrior hailing from an isolated society, the Wonder Woman, in order to successfully battle this threat. Partnered with several other strange individuals, that same group of unlikely heroes looks to forge a joining that will bring about hope in a world that desperately needs it. On Gotham's front, however, corruption is steadily declining, as Batman's trusted allie, Captain James Gordon, has formed an internal unity that remains... untouchable. Allied with these, and other costumed vigilantes looking to further his cause, the third year of Batman's career looks to be the most promising, and beneficial to his neverending war on crime.

How little is he aware, though, of the casualties that come with war.

Three Reasons Why You Have Chosen That Character:

1. He's friggin Batman. There isn't a character on the entire boards that I'm more devoted to, or more creative with. I know his world inside and out... particularly this one, since I created it.

2. There are many changes in store, this season, both character introduction wise and arc wise. Bruce is going to re-learn tragedy in alot of ways, and be faced with threats that have never better tested his skills as Batman.

3. The most notable change, this season, will be the addition of a little team called The Dynamic Duo. 'Nuff said.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?): While I've only been truly making him my own character, these past two seasons, I intend to take a more literal step in ultimizing him. There will be changes, nessecary and forced, made to his arsenal, his allies, his enemies, and even his levels of trust. Expect a few commonly known pieces of the lore from the comics to be given a new introduction, aswell as a few surprises along the way. To put it simply, this is the season that Batman stops being a beginner, and starts becoming The Dark Knight.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): Per usual, I'm going to leave any gratifications behind and say this: I am, without a doubt in my mind, an expert on Batman. I've read hundreds of issues of every one of his main titles (except, naturally, the ones that never made it past the hundred mark), I've studied up on him psychologically, and spent many hours of my life contemplating what makes the character tick, aswell as the characters inhabiting his world. I can bring a level of dedication and respect to the mythology that I take pride in, and hope that, every step of the way, I'm honoring only the greatest parts of the character.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Arial Black for Batman, Century Gothic, Bold, for Bruce Wayne.

Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:

Master Bruce said:
"Alfred, I need you to get an address for me."

The mercedes I drove into town with approaches Gotham Square, as I undo my tie and let my vest fall into the seat to my back. Somewhere in this city, Zeus is up to something. And I intend to make sure he's stopped, at all costs.

"Find Maximillion Zeus' Gotham penthouse. I'm going to have a little talk with my potential successor.", I state, angrily, as I pull out the folded Batsuit and weaponry that lies under the passenger seat's compartment.

"I shall do so.", He responds.

As I turn a corner, Alfred's voice booms into my ear again.

"Sir, I do hate to interrupt your little vendetta against Zeus when it's reached it's peak, but..."

"It isn't a vendetta, Alfred.", I correct. "Zeus could potentially cut off the city's industrial resources and render many of it's citizens homeless."

"Very well, Master Bruce... but there may be another matter that needs to be called to your attention."

I raise an eyebrow.

"Can't it wait?"

"I'm afraid not, sir.", Alfred responds. "It seems there's been a double homicide at the Gotham City Museum Of Historic Arts."

I jam my foot on the brake, as I come to a stop light, almost running into traffic when I hear that.

"What? When?"

"Just this morning.", Alfred responds. "The museum curator reported a grotesque sight of blood painted all over the walls inside. But what's interesting, sir, is that the blood was painted in various "HA's". And, ontop of that..."

I park into a nearby alleyway, stopping in the darkest part as I grab the Batsuit from the opposite chair.

"It seems a lone Joker card was found at the scene, aswell."

I pause, letting that sink in. My grip on the costume tightens in anger, as I begin suiting up. Only one person could've committed the murders. And convieniantly enough, he still remains at large. Hopefully I can fix that, in time.

"Alright, Alfred. Thanks for the head's up."

"Of course. Do you still need that address, sir?"

"Actually..."

I leap out of the car's sunroof, and land on the hood, before firing my grapnel and taking to the rooftops.

"There's been a change of plans."

Whatever Zeus' schemes are, they'll have to wait. There's a madman loose in my city.

Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?:

Batman10.jpg

Screenname: Spike_x1

Character You Would Like To Play: Ultimate Superman

Basic History Of The Character: Rocketed to earth from the dying planet of Krypton, baby Kal-el would grow up to be mild mannered reporter Clark Kent of the great metropolitan newspaper, the Daily Planet. However, as the world is slowly finding out, there's another being who has taken on the responsibility of fighting for truth in Metropolis; only not in the same way as the soon-to-be respected reporter, Clark Kent. That man is Superman

1. I've been playing him since mid-way into last season.

2. There's going to be some serious stuff going on in Superman's life this season, and I want to be a part of it.

3. Superman is my favorite DC hero, and I'd also like to be a part of the Ultimate Justice League.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?): This season, Superman will finally truly step up to become the Man of Tomorrow. To do that, however, he'll be forced to confront phantoms from his dead home world's past, as well as brave brand new threats that are facing him and his adopted home in the now. These events will open Superman's eyes to look at who he is and redefine what he represents as the Last Son of Krypton.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): As one of the so-called veterans around here, I think that I can bring decent storytelling and exciting plots. Also, being a lifelong Superman fan, I can put my own spin on classic characters and ideas from the mythology, Ultimizing them in ways that I hope are interesting for readers; not discounting the original ideas that Superman will be taking part in (I'm looking at you, Despero).

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Just ordinary blue colored text for Clark, and Bold blue text for Superman.

Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:

"Lois, wait!"

Clark pushed his falling glasses back onto the bridge of his nose and continued to dodge traffic as he clumsily crossed the street. One cabbie, as politely as possible, gave Clark the one-fingered salute.

"Not even your big blue puppy dog eyes are going to stop me, Smallville," said Lois, rolling her eyes and turning away, rushing along the sidewalk while Clark caught up to her.

'...what an interesting way to flirt,' thought Clark, 'but nevermind that.' He reached out and grabbed Lois' shoulder. "But Lois; Alex Trent is a psychotic Nazi! He'd just as likely kill you as he would give an interview about his racist beliefs."

"I know the risks, Clark," Lois sighed. "It's what being a good reporter is all about. You'd do good to learn that." With that, she pulled away from Clark and kept walking, keeping a very brisk pace.

'She's right,' Clark thought. 'To be good at anything there has to be a certain amount of risk involved, but this might be a bit much. Lois will get her story, I'm sure of it...' Clark broke off from the crowded sidewalk, making his way for a secluded alley.

'Just as I'm sure that Bloodsport won't harm a hair on her head.' He pulled his glasses away and ripped open his shirt.

clark018tx0.jpg

Character You Would Like To Play: Ultimate Superman

Basic History Of The Character: Rocketed to earth from the dying planet of Krypton, baby Kal-el would grow up to be mild mannered reporter Clark Kent of the great metropolitan newspaper, the Daily Planet. However, as the world is slowly finding out, there's another being who has taken on the responsibility of fighting for truth in Metropolis; only not in the same way as the soon-to-be respected reporter, Clark Kent. That man is Superman

1. I've been playing him since mid-way into last season.

2. There's going to be some serious stuff going on in Superman's life this season, and I want to be a part of it.

3. Superman is my favorite DC hero, and I'd also like to be a part of the Ultimate Justice League.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?): This season, Superman will finally truly step up to become the Man of Tomorrow. To do that, however, he'll be forced to confront phantoms from his dead home world's past, and brave threats that are facing him in the now. These events will open Superman's eyes to look at who he is and redefine what he represents as the Last Son of Krypton.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): As one of the so-called veterans around here, I think that I can bring decent storytelling and exciting plots. Also, being a lifelong Superman fan, I can put my own spin on classic characters and ideas from the mythology, Ultimizing them in ways that I hope are interesting for readers; not discounting the original ideas that Superman will be taking part in (I'm looking at you, Despero).

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Just ordinary blue colored text for Clark, and Bold blue text for Superman.

"Lois, wait!"

Clark pushed his falling glasses back onto the bridge of his nose and continued to dodge traffic as he clumsily crossed the street. One cabbie, as politely as possible, gave Clark the one-fingered salute.

"Not even your big blue puppy dog eyes are going to stop me, Smallville," said Lois, rolling her eyes and turning away, rushing along the sidewalk while Clark caught up to her.

'...what an interesting way to flirt,' thought Clark, 'but nevermind that.' He reached out and grabbed Lois' shoulder. "But Lois; Alex Trent is a psychotic Nazi! He'd just as likely kill you as he would give an interview about his racist beliefs."

"I know the risks, Clark," Lois sighed. "It's what being a good reporter is all about. You'd do good to learn that." With that, she pulled away from Clark and kept walking, keeping a very brisk pace.

'She's right,' Clark thought. 'To be good at anything there has to be a certain amount of risk involved, but this might be a bit much. Lois will get her story, I'm sure of it...' Clark broke off from the crowded sidewalk, making his way for a secluded alley.

'Just as I'm sure that Bloodsport won't harm a hair on her head.' He pulled his glasses away and ripped open his shirt.

clark018tx0.jpg

batman1andahalfra8.png

Application for John Grayson up...eventually. For now, I have to go watch Sarah Connor Chronicles. :up:

Screenname:
trustyside-kick

Character You Would Like To Play:
Despero

Basic History Of The Character:
Kalanor is a heavily advanced civilization, infact some would say one of the most advanced. Because of such a blessing, the people who dwell may be viewed somewhat prideful and snobbish to the common human. The contain a vast amount of information about the cosmos, and because of this, their knowledge heavily influences the stability and order of Kalanor. Rash and irrational savage-like behavior is heavily frowned upon, and almost viewed as a crime to some of the elite.

Kalanor has always been a thriving planet; a planet flourishing with telepaths, scholars, and philosophers. Believing the course of virtue to be the key to life, they are also a peaceful world. But even a utopia cannot last forever. Such a thing...this utopia...was questioned to last by the hands of one single being; a young boy.

Being a prideful culture, and being extremely educated, all children simply were just the same; cultured and highly educated. However, such a thing could not be said for one child named Despero. Sure, his brute strength was never questioned. For there was never a stronger being on Kalanor than he. Where his intelligence lacked, his strength filled in. However, his people were unimpressed with such traits, for his telepathic skills were primative to their own. Looked down on by his fellow people as being the dumbest life being on Kalanor, his status-quo in the society was not the best. Although, to any human, Despero would be as intelligent as any average man or woman. But on Kalanor, with its caste of elitists who practically ruled the planet like tyrants of great wisdom and knowledge, such was not the case. By the time Despero was a young man in their terms, he was banished from Kalanor; never to set foot on his native soil ever again. His savage-like behavior and anger, only continued to make his people view him as unintelligent and primative.

And so, exiled by his own people, for reasons he felt to be miniscule and simply unintelligent, Despero wandered the horrors of space. Once the spaceship that was to be his pilot out of the planet of Kalanor crash landed in a planet neighboring the cosmos sector of Oa, Despero's troubles first began to grow. When he was mistakened for being a great big oaf in a pub on the unknown planet, Despero grew most agitated, and caused much trouble. He couldn't stand such insults by beings that didn't even know him, and took such insults most serious. It was as if it was a reminder of his own people's hatred, halfway across the galaxy away, and he seemed he could never escape it.

He committed his first murder that day within 3 days of being on this unknown planet. He eventually just started killing for no reason, say to save his life when he was being hunted down by the Green Lantern Corps, after word got around of his murder in the pub. It had become aware to the Guadians of the Universes attentions that Despero got word about the Flame of Py'tar after one of his killings, and they seemed obligated to keep such a thing away from his hands. Despero wasn't even attacking the young woman he was talking to the day he ran into one of the Green Lanterns. She was a blind woman, and did not recognize the wanted criminal, but she was also said to be wise; an oracle. He was merely questioning her about the Flame of Py'tar, and the Green Lantern spotted him, matching his features with the detailed description of the wanted criminal. The Green Lantern who pursued him acted with extreme prejudice, for the Green Lantern was misguided by Despero's daunting physical features, as if he was a rabid beast destroying all in his path. He too angered Despero with the insults and the fact that was he trying to tame him like a wild beast and throw him in prison, and so Despero fought. The fought last quite some time, and the Green Lantern was indeed surprised such a "brute" would be a challenge to his ring and willpower, and this same cockyness is probably what caused him to fail that day. Despero became one of the most wanted men in the universe that day; he murdered a Green Lantern.

While one of his goals is to stay out of the Guardians of the Universes ways and roam freely in the universe, Despero's main goal is to achieve what he views to be the very thing he has forever wished to embrace: knowledge of the gods. He has heard many things about the Flame of Py'tar in his travels, and he wishes to bathe in the sacred fires for his own glorification and swear revenge on his people. However, little does he know his plans could very well change...

Now Despero has finally gotten what he has always wanted: the power and knowledge of the Flame of Py'tar. And now he can finally put into motion his plans.

1. I have plans that must be put into motion this Season. They are too awesome to not share.

2. I rarely play villains, so when I find one I like, I try to stick with it.

3. He is a JLA villain rarely used, it felt appropriate to introduce him in UDC since the JLA has not really been established yet, but I heard it will soon. This way there is an established JLA villain for this RPG.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?):
The way I am utlimizing him is that he is a pretty big contrast to his comic version pre and post the whole Flame of Py'tar deal. He is already incredible strong in the physical sense, but not in the mental areas of his powers. Also, his intelligence is not very high pre-Flame of Py'tar.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player):
Further development on a JLA villain. Somebody has to be around to kick their tails.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better):
Bold, Dark Purple Palatino Linotype font Size 3

IC:
desperobannerpic.jpg

Epilogue

Become is dazed as he floats in outer space. The Knowledge of the Cosmos are known to him and him alone. He knows how it all began, and if he closes his eyes and concentrates, he can even picture it. The Source, Creation, Life, and The Source Wall...all now known to Despero like a second language. It was just as he expected, only...not at the same time.

With all of this newfound knowledge at his disposal, Despero finally understands just how primitive and savage he really was. But now his mind is open; now it is clear. And although he still hungers for the bitter sweet taste of revenge for his people and the Green Lantern Corps, he finds yet another flaw in his previous plans; a time when he had a much more primitive mind.

His people's demise is what he desires for most, and he almost chuckles aloud at the evaluation of his previous plans. They are not worthy to die by his hand. They are so low in Despero's eyes and mind now, that to be their Destroyer would be but a disgrace to his newfound power. They are insignificant in that sense. But die, they so definitely shall.

This is when Despero turns his attention back to a previous memory; his encounter with the new recruit Green Lantern known as Hal Jordan. The very thought of him makes Despero swell with anger, as he recalls his embarrassing capture. While he did not show it before, he was truly embarrassed to be taken down by the likes of Jordan and two other Lanterns. So many more will feel his touch of death, that he is sure.

But what should become of this Jordan? He desires the rewards of revenge, but could killing the boy really be enough? What could be more tasteful than death for Despero's revenge?

Aha. A new idea comes to mind.

"I shall kill two birds with one, sharp, stone. The people of Earth, after they have succumbed to my enslavement, will serve me well. Yes. That is how I will make Jordan pay. The sector he watches so passionately will fall before his own two eyes; this I will make sure."

"And then, when all is well and done with Jordan, I shall use the people of Earth to destroy my own people. They are deemed unworthy to be annihilated by my hand, so they will be destroyed by the hands of a more primitive race."

"I will advance the technology of Earth with my knowledge of the cosmos, and lead a full scale war on Kalanor. And then, with such forces at my disposal...the Green Lantern Corps will crumble before my feet. I will serve Jordan's head to Ganthlet on a silver platter; personally of course. And then...my revenge will be complete."

Despero swells in pride and confidence in the brilliant plan he had just laid out for himself to execute. His third eye glows, and he teleports through space, arriving in Earth's solar system. Their moon is but a few hundred miles away from him. However, this celebration does not last long as he glances down at his soon to be prize and conquered world. Something has come to his attention.

He sense potent lifeforms in Earth's orbit and within its atmosphere with his telepathy. Jordan may be only the tip of the iceberg. So the question now is...how does one dispose of such a group?

"Of course..."

Despero's third eye glows, and in an instant, he is floating outside the Source Wall. He does not try to open it, for he would be a fool to try to do so. All who has come before him and tried such a deed have failed, succumbed to forever be binded with the Source Wall; their screams of agony and pain frozen on their faces. But what's behind the Source Wall...what is to remain hidden...is known to Despero.

"...this is my answer. This is the key. It is so simple, yet so satisfying at the same time. Heroes of Earth, beware...for Despero is coming for you."

Despero smiles with glee, and in a flash of time, he teleports away from the Source Wall.

TO BE CONTINUED...IN SEASON 3.0!

Yes.

Screenname:
trustyside-kick

Despero

Kalanor is a heavily advanced civilization, infact some would say one of the most advanced. Because of such a blessing, the people who dwell may be viewed somewhat prideful and snobbish to the common human. The contain a vast amount of information about the cosmos, and because of this, their knowledge heavily influences the stability and order of Kalanor. Rash and irrational savage-like behavior is heavily frowned upon, and almost viewed as a crime to some of the elite.

Kalanor has always been a thriving planet; a planet flourishing with telepaths, scholars, and philosophers. Believing the course of virtue to be the key to life, they are also a peaceful world. But even a utopia cannot last forever. Such a thing...this utopia...was questioned to last by the hands of one single being; a young boy.

Being a prideful culture, and being extremely educated, all children simply were just the same; cultured and highly educated. However, such a thing could not be said for one child named Despero. Sure, his brute strength was never questioned. For there was never a stronger being on Kalanor than he. Where his intelligence lacked, his strength filled in. However, his people were unimpressed with such traits, for his telepathic skills were primative to their own. Looked down on by his fellow people as being the dumbest life being on Kalanor, his status-quo in the society was not the best. Although, to any human, Despero would be as intelligent as any average man or woman. But on Kalanor, with its caste of elitists who practically ruled the planet like tyrants of great wisdom and knowledge, such was not the case. By the time Despero was a young man in their terms, he was banished from Kalanor; never to set foot on his native soil ever again. His savage-like behavior and anger, only continued to make his people view him as unintelligent and primative.

And so, exiled by his own people, for reasons he felt to be miniscule and simply unintelligent, Despero wandered the horrors of space. Once the spaceship that was to be his pilot out of the planet of Kalanor crash landed in a planet neighboring the cosmos sector of Oa, Despero's troubles first began to grow. When he was mistakened for being a great big oaf in a pub on the unknown planet, Despero grew most agitated, and caused much trouble. He couldn't stand such insults by beings that didn't even know him, and took such insults most serious. It was as if it was a reminder of his own people's hatred, halfway across the galaxy away, and he seemed he could never escape it.

He committed his first murder that day within 3 days of being on this unknown planet. He eventually just started killing for no reason, say to save his life when he was being hunted down by the Green Lantern Corps, after word got around of his murder in the pub. It had become aware to the Guadians of the Universes attentions that Despero got word about the Flame of Py'tar after one of his killings, and they seemed obligated to keep such a thing away from his hands. Despero wasn't even attacking the young woman he was talking to the day he ran into one of the Green Lanterns. She was a blind woman, and did not recognize the wanted criminal, but she was also said to be wise; an oracle. He was merely questioning her about the Flame of Py'tar, and the Green Lantern spotted him, matching his features with the detailed description of the wanted criminal. The Green Lantern who pursued him acted with extreme prejudice, for the Green Lantern was misguided by Despero's daunting physical features, as if he was a rabid beast destroying all in his path. He too angered Despero with the insults and the fact that was he trying to tame him like a wild beast and throw him in prison, and so Despero fought. The fought last quite some time, and the Green Lantern was indeed surprised such a "brute" would be a challenge to his ring and willpower, and this same cockyness is probably what caused him to fail that day. Despero became one of the most wanted men in the universe that day; he murdered a Green Lantern.

While one of his goals is to stay out of the Guardians of the Universes ways and roam freely in the universe, Despero's main goal is to achieve what he views to be the very thing he has forever wished to embrace: knowledge of the gods. He has heard many things about the Flame of Py'tar in his travels, and he wishes to bathe in the sacred fires for his own glorification and swear revenge on his people. However, little does he know his plans could very well change...

Now Despero has finally gotten what he has always wanted: the power and knowledge of the Flame of Py'tar. And now he can finally put into motion his plans.

1. I have plans that must be put into motion this Season. They are too awesome to not share.

2. I rarely play villains, so when I find one I like, I try to stick with it.

3. He is a JLA villain rarely used, it felt appropriate to introduce him in UDC since the JLA has not really been established yet, but I heard it will soon. This way there is an established JLA villain for this RPG.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?):
The way I am utlimizing him is that he is a pretty big contrast to his comic version pre and post the whole Flame of Py'tar deal. He is already incredible strong in the physical sense, but not in the mental areas of his powers. Also, his intelligence is not very high pre-Flame of Py'tar.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player):
Further development on a JLA villain. Somebody has to be around to kick their tails.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better):
Bold, Dark Purple Palatino Linotype font Size 3

IC:
desperobannerpic.jpg

Epilogue

Become is dazed as he floats in outer space. The Knowledge of the Cosmos are known to him and him alone. He knows how it all began, and if he closes his eyes and concentrates, he can even picture it. The Source, Creation, Life, and The Source Wall...all now known to Despero like a second language. It was just as he expected, only...not at the same time.

With all of this newfound knowledge at his disposal, Despero finally understands just how primitive and savage he really was. But now his mind is open; now it is clear. And although he still hungers for the bitter sweet taste of revenge for his people and the Green Lantern Corps, he finds yet another flaw in his previous plans; a time when he had a much more primitive mind.

His people's demise is what he desires for most, and he almost chuckles aloud at the evaluation of his previous plans. They are not worthy to die by his hand. They are so low in Despero's eyes and mind now, that to be their Destroyer would be but a disgrace to his newfound power. They are insignificant in that sense. But die, they so definitely shall.

This is when Despero turns his attention back to a previous memory; his encounter with the new recruit Green Lantern known as Hal Jordan. The very thought of him makes Despero swell with anger, as he recalls his embarrassing capture. While he did not show it before, he was truly embarrassed to be taken down by the likes of Jordan and two other Lanterns. So many more will feel his touch of death, that he is sure.

But what should become of this Jordan? He desires the rewards of revenge, but could killing the boy really be enough? What could be more tasteful than death for Despero's revenge?

Aha. A new idea comes to mind.

"I shall kill two birds with one, sharp, stone. The people of Earth, after they have succumbed to my enslavement, will serve me well. Yes. That is how I will make Jordan pay. The sector he watches so passionately will fall before his own two eyes; this I will make sure."

"And then, when all is well and done with Jordan, I shall use the people of Earth to destroy my own people. They are deemed unworthy to be annihilated by my hand, so they will be destroyed by the hands of a more primitive race."

"I will advance the technology of Earth with my knowledge of the cosmos, and lead a full scale war on Kalanor. And then, with such forces at my disposal...the Green Lantern Corps will crumble before my feet. I will serve Jordan's head to Ganthlet on a silver platter; personally of course. And then...my revenge will be complete."

Despero swells in pride and confidence in the brilliant plan he had just laid out for himself to execute. His third eye glows, and he teleports through space, arriving in Earth's solar system. Their moon is but a few hundred miles away from him. However, this celebration does not last long as he glances down at his soon to be prize and conquered world. Something has come to his attention.

He sense potent lifeforms in Earth's orbit and within its atmosphere with his telepathy. Jordan may be only the tip of the iceberg. So the question now is...how does one dispose of such a group?

"Of course..."

Despero's third eye glows, and in an instant, he is floating outside the Source Wall. He does not try to open it, for he would be a fool to try to do so. All who has come before him and tried such a deed have failed, succumbed to forever be binded with the Source Wall; their screams of agony and pain frozen on their faces. But what's behind the Source Wall...what is to remain hidden...is known to Despero.

"...this is my answer. This is the key. It is so simple, yet so satisfying at the same time. Heroes of Earth, beware...for Despero is coming for you."

Despero smiles with glee, and in a flash of time, he teleports away from the Source Wall.

TO BE CONTINUED...IN SEASON 3.0!

Yes.

batman1andahalfra8.png

Screenname: byrd man

Character You Would Like To Play: James William "Jim" Gordon

Basic History Of The Character: Born and rasied on Chicago's tough southside, Jim and his newlywed wife, Sarah, left Chicago and joined the Gotham PD. One night, on patrol. He heard gunshots and came across a mugger, two dead bodies, and a gun leveled at another victim. Jim did what any cop would do. He drew his weapon and killed the mugger. Soon after, it was revealed who the two victims were. Thomas and Martha Wayne, two of Gotham's richest and most prominent citizens. The mugger's third intended targert was the Wayne's eight-year old son, Bruce. Fast forward years later. Jim is now a detective in the Gotham PD with the rank of captain. Despite the corruptness of Commissioner Loeb and the police department, Jim has a few close allies he has deemed "Untouchable" among them are: Jason Bard, Harvey Bullock, Rene Montoya, Maggie Sawyer and Clancy O'Hara. Jim has an adopted teenage daughter, Barbra, and a son. James Gordon Jr.

1. Jim has been one character I've always been interested in. I've loved the way he portrayed in Year One as well as Batman Begins. I've sort of made Jim my own character, he's the black Elliot Ness.

2. There's alot of chances to tell a variety of diffrent stories with Jim. Plus, this season will see some major changes in his life, both professional and personal.

3. One positive is I get to interact with MB's Batman as well as the many diffrent Bat-Rogues.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?): Honestly, I really don't plan on changing Jim's character too much. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Although, this Jim is a bit more independent of Batman. He doesn't need Batman to get the job done.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I can bring an experienced RPer with a love of Batman and his supporting cast. Also, I can bring some good stories.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Georgia and Dark Gray.

Gotham's East End
Midnight

The fire from my cigarette burns through the darkness.

"What time is he gonna be here?"

I look at Harvey, who's leaning against the truck of the car.

"He'll be here when he gets here. It's hard for him to get away some times."

"Just saying, Cap. It's cold as hell out here."

I smile as I throw the cigarette butt down on the ground and stomp it out. With a rat in my little group, Harvey Bullock is the only officer I can trust.

"I still don't believe you got Luigi Tieri as an informant."

"Seeing is believing, Harv. Luigi wants out and wants out of the life and wants in on witness protection."

Off in the distance, a black sedan speeds down the road. I crinkle my brow as the car keeps on speeding towards us with it's lights on.

"Oh, god. Something's wrong."

I reach for my side holster and draw my .38

"Waddya talking about?"

"When Luigi and I setup the meeting arangments, he was suppose to always flash his lights and turn them off when he was 300 yards from the metting point. He's past the point of no return now."

Before I can even blink, Bullock pulls out his .38 and fires twice. Striking the car twice in it's right front tire. The car spins out of control and slams headfirst into a light pole.

"Let's see what's going on..."

Bullock opens the crumpled car door and pulls out a gray headed man, a automatic rifle falls out of his lap and falls on the ground. Son a ***** was trying to kill us.

"Alright, on your feet."

Harvey pulls him on his feet and I look at him.

"Where's Luigi?"

He laughs and a shiver runs up my spine.

"Haha, rat **** got what was coming to him."

"Who's in charge now?"

"How about you suck my ****, cop?"

He hooks a loogie and hits me in the face with a big glob of mucus.

"Go to hell!"

Bullock grabs him by the collar and pushes him towards the car.

"Wrong answer, ***hole."

Harvey pops the trunk and the guys rolls his eye.

"Ohh, no stick me in a trunk. I'm so scared."

Bullock throws him in the trunk and closes it, he aims his .38 at the trunk. He looks at me and I nod.

BLAM!

BLAM!

BLAM!

Three gun shots light up the night and gunpowder fills the air.

Harvey opens the trunk again and the guy pops up, panting and looking around.

"You crazy ****er! You coulda hit me! Are you crazy?"

"No, we're from Gotham."

"Aww, god. I think I **** my pants."

"So, feel like telling us who sent you? or do you want to bet on Detective Bullock's aim again?"

"Oh god! Please...it was Zucco!"

I look at Bullock and back at the killer.

"Fat Tony's in charge now of Falcone's empire now?"

"Yeah, he killed Lu and took over..."

"Okay. Harvey, read him his rights and get him cleaned up."

"It's gonna be hard to get that **** smell outta the squad car, Jim."

"Worst comes worst, we can give it to Flass, call it a 'christmas present'."

gordonop9.png

We don't have much time left, but I can get some stuff started with Lawton before Season III.

Screenname: Syn (Mercenary)

Character You Would Like To Play: Floyd Lawton, AKA Deadshot

Basic History Of The Character: He was a thief, common crook, hired hand, and now assassin. Most recently, he worked with Black Mask. He discovered his ability during a heist at a bank. (I will have more of his history revealed in the arc I am doing pending approval).

1. Deadshot is my second fav. merc besides Deathstroke.

2. He's a smartass, killing, son of a ***** with no inhibitions.

3. The chance to, yet again, precede my title, and play another mercenary. Look at the screen name. ;)

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?): Deadshot has already been ultimized in this RPG by Human Torch. I just plan on expanding on his history and origins, hoping to tell you how a young boy got caught up in the world of crime, and soon realized his destiny.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I can bring a semi-good RPGer with some kickass story lines and posts. I also hope to bring a sense of realism to Deadshot, making his character more relatable than he was in the comics for regular DC. (Not everyone relates to a spoiled rich kid who shot his brother.) ;)

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): "I plan to use Grey Garmond Bold."

I'm sitting on a chair in Alfred Sanders home, staring at the door of his apartment waiting for him to come home. The revolver in my hand is cold. I can feel it beneath my gloves, the deep groves of the handle, the finely smoothed metal of the barrel. It all feels so familiar to me. Too familiar.

I'm so tired of this game. Cat and mouse. To be honest, it bores me. I get a call, I meet the contractor. We make a deal, I stalk target. Days later, I shoot target, go back to contractor, get money, and the process starts all over again. How repetitive.

Where is the adventure in this life? Where did it go? Did it dissapear, or is it me who's changed? Has it really been that long? Have I really become that out of touch with things? Or is it that I've become more desensitized to a point where even murder doesn't keep my attention?

As I think to myself, my concentration is suddenly broken by the sound of the lock on the door opening. I watch the handle turn intently, my attention finally focused. As the door slowly opens, I watch Mr. Sanders walk in the door. He's talking on his cell phone. How typical. He doesn't even notice me. I guess it's as good a time to do it as any. Just wait for him to close that door.

"Hello, Al." I say in a calm voice. "Why don't you have a seat?"

"W-Who are you?" He stammers, his phone dropping from his hand and falling to the ground. As his phone impacts the hard wood floors, it breaks into three large pieces. I smile beneath my mask and look up at him, waving my gun back and forth in front of him like a finger.

"Now, look at what you've done. I'll bet that was an important call."

"What do you want?" He asks as his body shakes.

"The same thing everyone in this world wants." I respond vaguely. "Money. And like most people, I'll do anything for it. Even murder."

"Y-You're here to kill me?"

"Hm. Congradulations. Someone give this man a prize. Was it the fact that I'm wearing a mask alone in your house waiting for you to return? Or possibly the gun with a silencer attachment in my hand?"

"Who hired you?"

"What?"

"Who hired you?"

"Why should I tell you?" I say proudly, leaning back in the chair. It creaks loudly, almost as if it could break at any moment. Why the hell does a corporate lawyer have dimestore furniture?

"My last request. Every time a man is about to die, the killer offers the victim a last request. This is mine. Who hired you?" I take a deep sigh. This guy's good. Quoting chivilorous traditions to a mercenary. How poetic.

"Alright." I respond in a monotone. "Turn around and put your hands on your head. I'll tell you." The man complies without a complaint. He turns his back to me, and stares up at the ceiling, his hands gripping at the hair on his head. Poor guy. I almost feel bad for doing this.

"Well...who hired you?"

"Sorry, Al." I say raising the pistol, aiming the site at his heart. "Assassin's honor." I pull the trigger slowly, the loud click of the barrel shifting rings out loud for a second. Like the calm before the storm, I could sense a moment of pure silence, and then, BANG. The bullet fires from the gun and rips through his body. It penetrates the skin on his back, and makes its way through his torso until it reaches his heart. He drops to the ground like a sack of bricks.The bullet perfectly lodged itself in the upper cavity, and ripped through the inner walls. How do I know this? Because I planned it like that. And I never miss.

Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?: Yes I do.

Are we going to wait a little bit before starting the new season?

Screenname: Syn Mercenary

Character You Would Like To Play: John Corben AKA Metallo

Basic History Of The Character: John Corben was once a dirty cop working on the Gotham Police force. He was recently reassigned to Metropolis where officials believed he could do more good.

Most recently, he had a meeting with Floyd Lawton, AKA Deadshot. He interrogated the Mercenary briefly before being sent out by Comissioner Turpin.

1. Metallo is one of Superman's deadliest foes.

2. Reimagining a classic character is always fun and I hope to do a good job.

3. He's basically a terminator for Superman. :twisted:

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?): I plan on showing Corben as not a cold blooded Mercenary, but a dirty self serving cop. I'll show his decent and eventually downfall until he finally sucumbs to the darkside to loose his life and humanity.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I plan on bringing my unique writing style and love of "grays" :gray:. I also hope to bring a new found ruthlessness yet helplessness to Corben.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Arial Narrow Bold Dark Gray

Here you go.

Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?: Yes I do.

Screenname:
trustyside-kick

Maxie Zeus

A business owner of several casinos stationed all over the world. Each and every one of them have an Ancient Greece theme to them, and each of them are named to honor one of the Gods of Ancient Greece. He has yet to build a Casino dedicated to Zeus, however. After seizing control of Wayne Enterprises stationed in Gotham City, one of his side projects is to finally build his dream Casino.

His real last name is not Zeus, but he claims that after tracing his background through his ancestors, he believes to be the direct descendant of Zeus.

1. I myself share something in common with the character, although his is much greater: we are both fans of Greek Mythology. It will be fun to make references to some of my own favorite stories, randomly thrown them since he quotes it often.

2. I find it interesting to write characters with an obsession. I am somewhat religious, and had fun with Brother Blood's twisted obsession with his Faith, so I wish to see how I can explore Maxie's obsession with the Greek Classics. He lives and breathes the Ancient ways. People say I have a knack for playing 'royal/proper' characters, so I should be able to pull off him imitating the ways of Ancient Greece well enough to portray him.

3. I actually came to Master Bruce, as I did Clayface, and asked him if there were any characters he'd prefer fledged out more with the Batman mythos. We cooked up something possibly almost as spicy as the Despero arc for this Season as far as interesting ideas are concerned.

Something quite interesting...a twist when it comes to Ultimizing a character that has never been seen in this RPG thus far. Sorry, but that is all I am allowed to say at this time. :twisted:

My fondness to Greek Mythology. It goes perfectly with the fact that my character is obsessed with it.

Bolded, Light Orange Book Antiqua font

For two months Maxie Zeus had been the owner of Wayne Enterprises and for those two months, he had been making quite the changes around several departments. Some people were laid off and lost their jobs, but it was only a must: the company needed cleaning.

And with people being laid off came people to fill their shoes.

"What's the name of the next one?"

"Samantha James. Age 26. She's pretty experience, and her resume is rather impressive."

"Send her in."

The door opens and in walks a young girl, athletic fit to her, and brown hair. She dresses appropriately for the interview, and she has somewhat of a confident look upon her face. She takes her seat and looks over at Maxie Zeus from across the table. She looks for a while, and she cannot quite place what is so weird about this man that people say. Some people think he is a bit wacky, but how could he be if he runs such a company as this?

"You're resume as my colleague put it...is rather impressive Ms. James. Your determination to work hard in your past job experiences speaks very loudly to my ears. And let's be frank, you bring a sort of radiance to the room. That's good! Great for the work place. Everyone here is always so serious and gloomy with stress...but here at Wayne Enterprises, as you can see changes are occurring."

"Indeed, sir."

"Please, call me Maxie. Now, before my colleagues begin their evaluation--standard procedure I assure you--is there anything else you'd care to enlighten us about yourself? Why you want the job?"

"Wayne Enterprises is the future of Gotham, and will one day will be the future of America. Don't really need much more reason than that. It would be an honor to work with such minds and to know that what you do betters the rest of mankind."

"I like that...I like your vision of...our vision. Yes, that is exactly what we wish to do here at Wayne Enterprises: enlighten the world and help make it grow better than ever. Are you familiar with the story of Prometheus?"

"Uh, I'm afraid not, sir."

"Oh. Well then, never mind. You seem to have what it takes and I can see it in your eyes...all that is left is the per usual evaluation instructed by my colleagues. Good day."

Ms. James nods at Maxie Zeus with much appreciation, and he walks over to the coat rack, and takes his hat and coat. His assistant opens the door for him, and as they walk down the hall to the elevator, Maxie's fists clench tight. When they enter the elevator, his assistant tries to ease the tension.

"Quite the young lady, isn't she sir? Her resume surely does speak for--"

"She is an idiot; an uneducated female ape. Who doesn't know such a Greek Classic as the story of Prometheus?"

"Sir?"

"Make sure she doesn't get the job. Now, when was that meeting I had with the bankers?"

Maxie Zeus' assistant looks in confusion, he then shrugs it off, not wanting to get on his bad side, and answers.

"At noon, sir."

17.jpg

Yeah, about a week before the IC thread goes up

What's the IC time gap between 2.0 and 3.0?

A month...maybe even only two weeks. MB doesn't want the gap long for some reason.

Byrd, Syn, trusty, Syn again -

batman1andahalfra8.png

Character You Would Like To Play: Ultimate Bane

A nameless child born into the infamously hellish prison of Pena Duro, in the small South American island country of Santa Prisca, miraculously survived the grueling pressures of life inside for as far as into his mid teens, becoming hardened emotionally, physically, and intellectually before being rescued from such a life by a man who the Nameless One knew only as "The Demon." Never told why The Demon was so interested in him, the boy was trained by the League of Shadows, furthering both his scholarly and tactical studies, as well as rising to among the highest ranks of martial artists in the League, and perhaps, in turn, the world. The Demon had grown to trust him over the many years of tutelage, and had even expressed his growing desire for the Nameless One to eventually become his heir, and hopefully take his daughter, Talia's, hand in marriage at the time of his assuming such a role. Few things had ever brought a smile to the Nameless One's face. The Demon's offer, however, did.

After years of this training, the Nameless One took on a particularly special, and highly personal, long-term mission for the League of Shadows, involving going back to his home country of Santa Prisca and situating himself within its drug trade to take down the criminal operations from the inside. After five years of effort, the mission was a success and he finally left Santa Prisca to tell The Demon of his victory, only to find that his savior and the League of Shadows had disappeared, and the love of Talia that he had been promised had been taken from this world shortly before his return.

Without anyone in the world to turn to, the man investigated what little remained of the League's temple, discovering that The Demon had found another candidate to become his heir, and that Talia had found love in the arms of a student who had come into The Demon's teachings not long after the Nameless One had left for Santa Prisca years ago. "Wayne" was this usurper's name.

In learning these facts, the man finally found a name for himself; he would find this "Bruce Wayne," and would rob him of everything that he held dear - he would be the Bane of his existence, and finally break him into dust in his hands!

1. I've been playing him since late last season.

2. I have several plans for Bane that I think could be interesting and could fit into the rapidly expanding and developing Gotham City Underworld, where a renegade superpower in said Underworld could be neat.

3. I'm keen on doing stories that don't involve the drug venom, and instead relying on Bane's own naturally superior strength, and being someone who is an evil reflection of Batman.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her)?: Right now, I'm just going to be taking away the element of venom from his character, since I don't really think he needs it; he's already naturally stronger than anyone he's liable to run into in Gotham City. His addiction to the drug may present itself sometime in the future, but not right now. I'm also going to be taking Bane back to the way he was in "Knightfall," where he was 50/50 mob boss/hands-on supervillain.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I think that I've already answered this in the "Three Reasons Why You've Chosen That Character" question, but what the hell; I can bring a villain who is basically an evil version of Batman, while being physically stronger. I can also bring another mob superpower to the game.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Bold, Georgia.

This is what he was always meant for; to bring ruin to those of this world who deserved it. Settling into his hotel room, Bane closed and locked the door, hung his trench coat on one of the many hangers, and sat down on the exquisitely comfortable sofa to open the case that he had placed on the coffee table in front of him. Inside of the case were a variety of scopes, the rifle barrel, shoulder guard, and a large selection of ammunition to choose from. He took a small sip of the fine wine that the hotel had set out in his room before his arrival and decided that the armor piercing rounds would be quite unnecessary for the task at hand.

He assembled the sniper rifle quickly and skillfully before gently setting it aside and leaving to change into the proper attire. Gotham City was a community that was a growing example of a population being taken over by those who masqueraded in costumes to stalk the prey of the populous. When in Rome, he mused as he combed his short brown hair appropriately before sliding the mask over his face. The specialized red lenses would provide both thermal and night vision, and the utility belt that he snapped around his waist held the grappling hook, throwing knives, small firearms, spare ammunition, and several other items, should he require them. Tightening the straps around the wrists of his gloves, Bane stepped out of the master bedroom and slung the rifle over his shoulder. It was just about time to go to work.

Leaving through the window, he took to the rooftops and almost instantly mastered his secondary objective of conquering the nooks and crannies of this new urban jungle. So many rooftops, yet still, they were all so similar. He had studied maps and blueprints of the major points in Gotham City, so finding City Hall was no challenge in the least. Perching himself directly across the street, Bane laid down, set the rifle stand up, and aimed the barrel straight at the back of the Mayor, Oswald Cobblepot's, head.

In a whisper that no one could have possibly heard, the bullet went in through the back of The Penguin's skull and exited through his right eye, embedding itself somewhere in the wall on the far side of his office. Not rejoicing for even an instant in this small first step towards victory, Bane continued flawless by taking down the rifle and firing his grappling hook to carry him to the ledge just outside of the ex-Mayor's window. Quietly, he lifted the glass and slipped into the office. Kneeling down to the steel safe under Cobblepot's desk, Bane took a modified stethoscope from his belt and pressed its face against the surface of the safe, listening to the tumblers fall into place as he spun the dial. In moments, the safe was wide open and Bane had swiftly and silently left the scene, taking Cobblepot's ledger, with all of his underworld contacts' names and numbers listed within.

banekf7.jpg

Character You Would Like To Play: The Joker

Basic History Of The Character: Nobody knows the true origins of the manic criminal that has quickly garnered a reputation as one of Gotham's most infamous mass murderers of all time. Some say that he was a struggling comedian, botched by the mob and left for dead. Some say he was a circus performer that cut up his parents and went on a rampage. There were even the occasional rumors that he had taken a bad spill, on a bad day, into a vat of chemicals. But whatever the truth was, it evades even the man that lived it. While The Clown Prince Of Crime knows nothing of his past, he is content on making the best of his future... a warped reality where he lives in a constant state of performance, as the star attraction on a stage of blood and gore. The Joker is without moral, sanity, vain, or empathy, as he does whatever it takes to get a laugh. Even if it means blowing another man's brains out.

Recently, however, one particular citizen of the terrified Gotham has caught his eye. An ever present opposer to his actions, The Joker has found that his performances usually end in conflict with the Dark Knight, a man of which he personally made it a mission to drive as mad as he is. Now rotting away with broken bones and bruises in Gotham Central, The Joker plots his enemy's immenent downfal... and his greatest gag yet.

1. With Batman, I have to have a sense of restraint and morality, aswell as comprehension. With The Joker? None. Nadda. Gone. He's the exact opposite of any character I typically play, and that's what makes me come back to write him every time.

2. I have ideas on quite a few arcs that will Ultimize and reinvent some of The Joker's most haneous crimes in the comics.

3. He's my favorite villain of all time. I'd gladly play him in any RPG I could.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?): While The Joker in the mainstream DCU is usually zany, wild, and carefree... this version of The Joker is more laid back in his insanity, making him all the less predictable and even more terrifying. He's holding his inner demons within, and unleashing them on the world piece by piece, bit by bit, until you may not even want to know what his limits truly are.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I like to think that I'm a pretty good writer, when it comes to the Bat-mythos. I also think that I've got a pretty good handle on this particular character, building him up from randomized gimmicks and guises to a clear, cunning murderous mind.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Comic Sans MS, Bold, Purple

"Tell me, dear boy. You like Huey Lewis and The News?"

Sweat beaded down the forehead of the CEO of Gotham City's leading Electronics Center, J. Carlton Mathis. Mathis had departed from his home to take a routine inspection of the equipment in the top floor of his headquarters, in order to ensure there wasn't any missed shipments, or angry customers. But the moment he found himself ambushed by two large muscle men dressed like mimes, tied up in the sound room, and soon face to face with an infamously growing mass sadist known only as The Joker, Mathis soon found himself regretting ever taking such an action.

The Joker stood of him, cane on the floor, leaning atop it with a chilling demeanor. The maniac chuckled, lightly, at Mathis' obvious fear, before twirling the cane, and walking around the room, making sure he was unseen to the startled buisnessman. Mathis' eyes darted, back and forth, as he looked everywhere possible for his assailant. But he could only hear that manic voice, echoing around him.

"I found their last album to be quite revolutionary, to be honest. Then again, what do I know? I broke a man's Bob Dylan collection in half.", The Joker continued, his muffled cheer springing out from every dark corner. "Of course, I also stabbed his eyes out, ripped out his nerve vessels, and shoved them down his throat. So maybe I'm not so much a music critic as I am a health officer. Heh."

Without warning, Mathis jumped, as he felt two hands grab his shoulders. The Joker's face peered around, to the side of Mathis' shaking cranium, staring him down with a deathly serious glare that seemed both fitting, and unfitting, of the grinning mask that lied around his glaring eyes.

"I'm terribly sorry, Mr. Mathis. Where are my manners? I must be wasting your time. You see, that quote is from 'American Psycho', a film about Wallstreet Capitalism faced with a maniac from within. Not the most original reputiar, but I have a certain taste for such classic irony.", He continued, before giving a gleeful sigh. "Ah, to be rich and equally as sadistic. I, at least, have one of those charming qualities down pat. HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Mathis mumbled something, beneath his gag, which caught The Joker off guard. Grabbing it, the clown unexpectedly pulled it down, to hear what his hostage had to say.

"P... Please... Just take whatever you want!", Mathis pleaded. "I'm a family man... an important man. Killing me won't solve anything!"

The Joker considered this, briefly, before staring Mathis down even closer.

"Ah, but that's where you're wrong, me bucko.", The Joker argued, pulling the gag back up. "You see, your untimely demise is not an act of cruelty, but an act of devine destiny."

The Joker stood, placing his hands together, with another chuckle.

"By the way. Happen to catch the Dylan collection at the far side of the room?"

Mathis' spine went cold, wondering what the maniac had meant by that. Peering over, Mathis could see a set of smashed, broken record tapes, sprawled out around the floor. Ontop of them sat a Bob Dylan cover. At first perplexed, Mathis suddenly realized what was going on... The victim The Joker had talked about. He hadn't committed such a vile act yet. He was saving it for...

Before Mathis could scream at the top of his lungs, The Joker was already on him with a knife, violently jabbing the blade into Mathis' eyes. Blood squirted onto The Joker's mask, as he laughed wildly, digging in through the eye, as Mantis' screams became loud and rampant. Viciously ripping the blade from the severed eye, The Joker went to work on the other, fast, as Mathis began to vomit internally from the pain, crying tears of blood. Pulling the blade out completely, The Joker tossed it to the floor behind him, and dug into the eyes with his hands, effortlessly, without hesitation, bringing them out of the sockets. Holding them in his hand, as if a mother nursing two of her children, The Joker placed them on a table beside them, before going back to Mathis, with a sickening grin forming beneath his mask.

"Tell me, how does it feel?", The Joker madly cackled, in a mock singing of the famous song. "How does it feel?"

Grabbing into the empty sockets, The Joker violently tore into them, grabbing every bit of skin that he could between his blood soaked glove fingers. Pulling it out, The Joker stretched the skin, provoking even louder screams and cries from his agonised victim. Placing the flaps of skin, blood, and nerves onto Mathis' cheek, The Joker took a moment to observe his victim. He looked like an utter freak of nature... and that was the point. In a world of modern society, everyone had to be 'perfect' in order to survive, and in Gotham City, Mathis had been the face of that very class.

"To be on your own..."

Now? Mathis was in a very different class. And The Joker loved every minute of the irony.

"With no direction home..."

Walking over the grab the severed eyeballs he had ripped from Mathis' skull, The Joker turned, and grabbed Mathis' gag. But instead of pulling it down, The Joker then realized something. Turning back around, the maniac bent over, and grabbed the bloody knife he had tossed aside. Approached the blinded Mathis once more, The Joker proceeded to loiter the blade over him, before finally slitting his throat wide open. Mathis couldn't speak, or even scream, as the blood went from pouring out of his eye sockets to pouring down his shirt in an instant. The Joker then pulled down the gag, and stuffed the eyeballs in Mathis' dying mouth.

The last action J. Carlton Mathis ever took was gagging on his own eyeballs, as they slipped into the back of his severed throat, and cut off the last bit of oxygen he could garner. The Joker watched this, standing over his victim, as Mathis finally bowled over, clearly dead. Wiping his gloves free of blood, The Joker patted Mathis' corpse on the shoulder.

"...Like a ****ing Rolling Stone. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

And then, the clown departed, into the city, strolling down the sidewalk as he began to whistle the tune for the rest of the night.

162542-joker-last-laugh_400.jpg

Character You Would Like To Play: Ultimate Batman

Basic History Of The Character: Watching his parents gunned down infront of his eyes at adolescence, Bruce Wayne silently vowed a war on criminality in all of it's forms. Using his inherited wealth to travel abroad and gain access to inner circles unknown to the general world at large, Wayne spent a large portion of his life honing his body and mind to the peak of physical humanistic perfection, gaining a greater strength and insight against the criminal fraternity with every year that went by, until his eventual return to the decaying and corrupt Gotham City. Knowing that fear was his ultimate weapon and advantage against the city's evil, Wayne became a self fabricated and fearsome creature of the night... The Dark Knight Detective Of Gotham City, The Batman.

The first year was easy. It was the second year that proved to be memorable. After inspiring fear and panic into the criminal underworld by systematically taking down Gotham City's criminal organizations one at a time, Batman, and his playboy alter-ego Bruce Wayne, was faced with a slew of new allies, and new enemies, inhabiting the city he has sworn to protect. With the death of Carmine Falcone still lingering above Gotham's skies, many mob enforcers looked to fill his shoes, from Salvatore 'Big Boss' Maroni to the crimeboss Anthony 'Fat Tony' Zucco. And as the caped crusader plotted to drive them out of Gotham for good, many new, unusual threats arose. Black Mask, another crimeboss on the rise, had made his mark on Gotham's underworld with a series of brutal murders and calcuative strategy to take over the mafia. The Riddler, a former brief associate of Bruce Wayne's scorned, struck a personal chord with The Dark Knight when blackmailing his true identity with the kidnapping of his faithful aide... only to finally solve the riddle of what face lies beneath the cowl. And that was only the beginning. But a brutal serial killer made his mark, above all others, on Gotham's history, when he committed a mass murder that easily topped the records of previous attempts. He was called The Joker, and it was clear to Batman from day one that this madman was a force to be reckoned with... but he has yet to fully realize the true potential that the killer's cunning insanity will provide.

While there were struggles, there were also potentially legendary friendships forged. In the wake of an alien invasion that overtook thousands of human lives, Batman would join forces with Metropolis' Man of Steel, the fabled Superman, and an Amazonian warrior hailing from an isolated society, the Wonder Woman, in order to successfully battle this threat. Partnered with several other strange individuals, that same group of unlikely heroes looks to forge a joining that will bring about hope in a world that desperately needs it. On Gotham's front, however, corruption is steadily declining, as Batman's trusted allie, Captain James Gordon, has formed an internal unity that remains... untouchable. Allied with these, and other costumed vigilantes looking to further his cause, the third year of Batman's career looks to be the most promising, and beneficial to his neverending war on crime.

How little is he aware, though, of the casualties that come with war.

1. He's friggin Batman. There isn't a character on the entire boards that I'm more devoted to, or more creative with. I know his world inside and out... particularly this one, since I created it.

2. There are many changes in store, this season, both character introduction wise and arc wise. Bruce is going to re-learn tragedy in alot of ways, and be faced with threats that have never better tested his skills as Batman.

3. The most notable change, this season, will be the addition of a little team called The Dynamic Duo. 'Nuff said.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?): While I've only been truly making him my own character, these past two seasons, I intend to take a more literal step in ultimizing him. There will be changes, nessecary and forced, made to his arsenal, his allies, his enemies, and even his levels of trust. Expect a few commonly known pieces of the lore from the comics to be given a new introduction, aswell as a few surprises along the way. To put it simply, this is the season that Batman stops being a beginner, and starts becoming The Dark Knight.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): Per usual, I'm going to leave any gratifications behind and say this: I am, without a doubt in my mind, an expert on Batman. I've read hundreds of issues of every one of his main titles (except, naturally, the ones that never made it past the hundred mark), I've studied up on him psychologically, and spent many hours of my life contemplating what makes the character tick, aswell as the characters inhabiting his world. I can bring a level of dedication and respect to the mythology that I take pride in, and hope that, every step of the way, I'm honoring only the greatest parts of the character.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Arial Black for Batman, Century Gothic, Bold, for Bruce Wayne.

Batman10.jpg

Character You Would Like To Play: The Joker

Basic History Of The Character: Nobody knows the true origins of the manic criminal that has quickly garnered a reputation as one of Gotham's most infamous mass murderers of all time. Some say that he was a struggling comedian, botched by the mob and left for dead. Some say he was a circus performer that cut up his parents and went on a rampage. There were even the occasional rumors that he had taken a bad spill, on a bad day, into a vat of chemicals. But whatever the truth was, it evades even the man that lived it. While The Clown Prince Of Crime knows nothing of his past, he is content on making the best of his future... a warped reality where he lives in a constant state of performance, as the star attraction on a stage of blood and gore. The Joker is without moral, sanity, vain, or empathy, as he does whatever it takes to get a laugh. Even if it means blowing another man's brains out.

Recently, however, one particular citizen of the terrified Gotham has caught his eye. An ever present opposer to his actions, The Joker has found that his performances usually end in conflict with the Dark Knight, a man of which he personally made it a mission to drive as mad as he is. Now rotting away with broken bones and bruises in Gotham Central, The Joker plots his enemy's immenent downfal... and his greatest gag yet.

1. With Batman, I have to have a sense of restraint and morality, aswell as comprehension. With The Joker? None. Nadda. Gone. He's the exact opposite of any character I typically play, and that's what makes me come back to write him every time.

2. I have ideas on quite a few arcs that will Ultimize and reinvent some of The Joker's most haneous crimes in the comics.

3. He's my favorite villain of all time. I'd gladly play him in any RPG I could.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?): While The Joker in the mainstream DCU is usually zany, wild, and carefree... this version of The Joker is more laid back in his insanity, making him all the less predictable and even more terrifying. He's holding his inner demons within, and unleashing them on the world piece by piece, bit by bit, until you may not even want to know what his limits truly are.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I like to think that I'm a pretty good writer, when it comes to the Bat-mythos. I also think that I've got a pretty good handle on this particular character, building him up from randomized gimmicks and guises to a clear, cunning murderous mind.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Comic Sans MS, Bold, Purple

162542-joker-last-laugh_400.jpg

Damn you! All I have to do is say denied, and Batman is mine, mines!!!! Bwahahaha!!11!!

...approved. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"