The Ultimate DC RPG - Season III: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

UltimateRPGs

Overseer of Ultimate
Reaction score
ultbanners3.png

The world just became a far more dangerous place. Following a perilous encounter with a mysterious telepath calling herself Dr. Destiny, the heroes of The Justice League find themselves in the midst of a struggle to maintain their image as protectors of the world, after being manipulated into committing nefarious acts all of violence and greed. Perhaps left with the most reason to win back the trust of the public is Superman, who's status as a hero was put into question after a violent outburst that ravaged an entire third world nation. But just as the Man of Steel valiantly tries to pick up the pieces, one of the League's own has fallen.

After a violent battle with an enemy that has ravaged him for months, the man that calls himself Bane, Gotham City's Dark Knight has been left beaten and broken - perhaps beyond repair. As the Batman struggles to hold onto his fading life, bleeding to death within the city he has sworn to protect, the responsibilty has fallen ontp the shoulders of young Dick Grayson to save the hero before it is too late. All the while, the boy must contend with his own ill-seeded hatred to put aside his rage and embrace his destiny as Gotham's Boy Wonder.

To make matters worse, a sinister and powerful prescence has made itself known to the Society that it hopes to lead into the fight against Earth's heroes. After spending his year travelling across the glob in search of a traitor who cost him victory against a long hated enemy, billionaire Lex Luthor has discovered that his own artificial intelligence program, one of which he entrusted all of his valuable secrets, is infact an extraterrestrial being from another world. It calls itself Brainiac, and appears to share Luthor's goals of world conquest. Evil's prescence doesn't end there, however, as disgraced college professor Edward Thwane has discovered the secret identity of Central City's local hero, The Flash, and secretly plots a devastating revenge.

With it's heroes held against overwhelming odds, and it's villains slowly claiming their victories, one is left to ask - is Earth's last stand imminent in the face of doom?

This is The Ultimate DC RPG - Season III
ultbanners32.png

- - -

. Gamemasters & Staff .

Batman - Founder, Gamemaster (Our Goat Snuggler)
Byrd Man - Co-Gamemaster (Our Whip Cracker)
Andy C. - Assistant Gamemaster (Our Little Richard)

. How To Play .

This RPG is based off of a player-created continuity dealing with a modern revision of the DC Universe, similar to Marvel's Ultimate imprint. Outside of the above, and what the players themselves create, there is no pre-established continuity. As players, it will be your job to take the basic ideas and characters of the DCU, and accordingly reinvent them into however you see fit. Though it is your choice of how drastic the alterations should be, you are free to customize everything from a character's origin to motivations, identity, mannerisms, costume, powers, and world. Let your imagination run wild.

To apply for a character, fill out the application supplied below. If your application is rejected, do not despair! Simply rework what the Gamemasters tell you is wrong with it, or in the case of multi-applications, choose another character. All players are welcome, regardless of membership status or postcount.

. 12 Rules To Play By .
1. You may choose any character appearing in the DC Universe, or an imprint of DC Comics (IE: Vertigo, Wildstorm), and revamp them for Ultimate continuity. Any character appearing outside of DC, such as Marvel or Image characters, will not be allowed.

2. You are allowed a maximum of three characters. Though it is advised that you stick to one, especially at first, you will be allowed a second and third if you believe you can handle the responsibility.

3. You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred you post more, or your character will be up-for-grabs. Failure to post after a month will result in removal from the roster.

4. PC's are not to be killed without permission. Nameless NPC's are fine, but PC's or important NPC's will require authorization. Don't do anything random, such as destroying the universe, either. Such behavior is frowned upon.

5. Several storylines can be going on at once, in order to interact with other players. If a player's character does not want to be involved in another's storyline, they do not have to. Consultation and communication are the keys to a good PC-to-PC interaction.

6. Sidekicks and legacy characters will be required to be permitted by the player orchestrating the mentor's role in UDC. For instance, if you want to play Superboy, your acceptance will hinder on the player playing Superman, and his thoughts.

7. You can travel anywhere on Earth or off-planet, provided it is within your character's means. Time-travel is forbidden, unless it is specifically required of your character choice. (IE: Booster Gold, Rip Hunter, The Legion of Super-Heroes)

8. You are your character, so act like them. Create or portray their mannerisms, powers, and ideals to how they have been established in the game. BE the character - do not, under any circumstances, play yourself as the character.

9. Respect the Gamemasters. If they make a request of you regarding the game, listen to them. Failure to adhere to GM, AGM, and Hype! Moderator requests will result in expulsion from the game.

10. Be creative, and do not be afraid to try new and exciting things with old concepts. This is a new continuity - the laws of the regular DC Universe are not set in stone.

11. All regular Hype rules apply.

12. And finally, the most important rule of all: Have fun. Never take the game too seriously, or you will have lost the point. Heated arguments between players can result in probation or infractions - do not ruin it for other players. It is only a game.

- - -

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray:

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?:

.Powers and physical attributes:

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):

.The burning question - Why this character?:

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?:

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?:

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

- - -

. Current Roster .

ultrosterheroes.png

ultrosterwtl.png

ultrostervillains.png

- - -

udclogo.gif

Volume One: March 17th, 2006 - June 22nd, 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
DC2.png

A list of every hero, villain, and those whom have walked the path between in the Ultimate DC Universe

.Heroes.

.Walking The Line.

.Villains.

.Established NPCs.

Alyce Sinner
Anthony Zucco
Arnold Flass
Alfred Jarvis
Amanda Waller
Azrael (Jean-Paul Valley)
Barry Allen
Blackrock (Peter Silverstone)
Blockbuster (Roland Desmond)
Boy Blue
Broker (Sherman Fine)
Captain Nazi
Carl Grissom
Carmine Falcone
Carol Ferris-Jordan
Chase Meridian
Chloe Sullivan
Comedian (Edward Blake)
Commissioner Dolan
Connor Hawke
Desaad
Doctor Manhattan (Jon Osterman)
Doctor Polaris
Doctor Sivana
Drury Walker
Eobard Thawne
Etrigan
Evan McCullough
Firebug (Joey Riggers)
Freddie Freeman
Ganthet
General Lane
Gilda Gold
Gill Loeb
Granny Goodness
Harleen Quinzell
Harriet Cooper
Harvey Bullock
Heatwave (Michelle Rory)
Helena Bertinelli
Jack Ryder
Jason Woodrue
Jay Garrick
Jervis Tetch
Jim Corrigan
John Constantine
Johnny Sorrow
Kanto
Katherine Kane
Katma Tui
Kendra Saunders
Killer Croc
Kilowag
King Faraday
King Snake
Lady Maxima
Lady Shiva
Leslie Thompkins
Linda Park
Livewire
Lois Lane
Lucius Fox
Marcus Driver
Maxwell Lord
Mike Engel
Mongul
Neutron (Nathanial Tryon)
Oberon Sexton
Octopus
Oswald Cobblepot
Parademon
Pino Maroni
Polka-Dot Man
Poseidon
Rachel Dawes
Ragdoll
Ralph Dinby
Red X
Renee Montoya
Riot (Fredrick Franklin)
Rip Hunter
Roscoe Dillon
Sandman (Wesley Dodds)
Sarah Essen
Shadow Thief
Shazam
Shondra Kingsloving
Silver St. Cloud
Sofia Gigante
Stephanie Brown
Steve Trevor
Sue Dibny
Summer Gleason
Tad Ryderstad
Talia Ducard
Tess Mercer
Vicki Vale
Vic Stone
Vincent Del Arrazio
Wally West-Allen
Weather Wizard (Mark Mardon)
Wildcat (Ted Grant)
Winslow Schott
Zebra-Man
.Deceased Characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Bruce Wayne

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero, though incapacitated from that role

.Powers and physical attributes: None. Without the capacity for superhuman powers, Wayne relies solely on his physical and mental prowess as an ordinary man to stay ahead. To make up for it, he has trained himself in varying forms of combat assembled from different styles, gained experience as a master tactician while serving with the military, charted a limited knowledge in forensics and criminal study, and utilized a billion dollar fortune in the pursuit of a customized arsenal of crimefighting gadgets and technologically advanced vehicles, among other things.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Witnessing the murder of his parents at a young age, young Bruce Wayne was put under the care of his wealthy and influential uncle Phillip Wayne, who pressured Bruce to look past his grief and make something of his life. Rebellious, Bruce did the opposite and began to act out, running afoul of the law on many occassions as a teenager. Fed up with such behavior, Phillip finally sent Bruce off to the military to straighten up his act. Being in a hostile environment like Afghanistan helped to shape Wayne's maturity, further teaching him the value of human life and the ruthless nature of his enemies. Deciding he needed to take his life in a different direction, Wayne got himself discharged while in service and travelled to Africa, looking to gain experience as a social worker. His pursuit was ill-timed after a gangland bombing left many ravaged and led to the capture of Wayne himself by a gang of high-end mercenaries, who tortured him for days and left him to beg for a merciful death. He was saved by the mysterious cult of vigilantes known as The League of Shadows.

Brought in under their leader, Henri Ducard, Bruce was invited to join them and adopt their mission, fighting against the injustices of a vast criminal underworld. Feeling a kindship with Ducard, Bruce agreed to train, and managed to fall in love with Ducard's daughter Talia in the process. With their relationship blossoming as Bruce's skills began to exponentially grow, honing himself to become the perfect warrior, Ducard sent Bruce and Talia out together during one of Bruce's trials in order to apprehend a feared assassin by the name of David Cain. Though the now formidable Wayne managed to fight off the small group of grunts that Cain held under his employ, Talia wasn't as successful in the effort, suffering a fatal wound under the assassin's retaliation. Devastated, Bruce lost himself to his grief once again and savagely beat Cain to near-death.

Leaving the League after a falling out with a grief-stricken Ducard, who went mad under the strain of losing his daughter and reinvented himself as terrorist Ra's Al Ghul, Bruce returned to Gotham City at age twenty-five only to see his uncle Phillip die through failing health. Named Phillip's sole heir, Bruce was shocked to learn that he had become a billionaire overnight. Deciding to use the money to fund a war on crime, along with the help of a newly arrived associate named Alfred Jarvis, Wayne began to build himself a double life - by day, he would be a carefree playboy who would appear to care more about personal gain than the good of others. But by night, he would shed this disguise and adopt a different one, becoming the masked vigilante whose sole mission is to rid Gotham City of it's corruption - he would become The Batman.

Four years into his pursuit of justice, and it may have all come to an end. After spending months of suffering a direct attack on his declining status as a protector of Gotham, Batman's greatest enemy yet took the fight to the man himself after long-since deducing his true identity. Though he valiantly struggled, Batman ultimately lost the fight against the powerful Bane and was thrown off of the several stories' tall Wayne Tower, plummeting to the streets below. His unconscious body now lies somewhere in Gotham, damaged and broken to an extent that is yet to be determined. And if someone doesn't find him soon... he will very likely meet his end.

.The burning question - Why this character?: For this season, the story isn't so much about Bruce himself. It's all about how Gotham City can carry on without Batman to look after them. Crime is on the uprise, the cops are more corrupt than ever, and there's no hero out there trying to keep it all held back? That won't end well. And I don't intend to pull any sort of dues ex machina with Bruce's injuries, believe me - he is not putting the cowl back on for some time. However long it will take, some things will end up changing for the worse, and become damaged before he can ever try and regain what is lost. This is going to be Batman's lowest point yet, and I can't wait to write his struggles with being "broken".

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Well, when you learn what exactly Bane's attack did to Bruce on a physical level, you'll start to understand that he may never be the same again. The extent of those changes are something I want to keep to myself, but let's just say that I'm writing a completely different take on the Batman mythos this season. Alot of what I'm writing actually can't be Bruce, due to his condition, so a large part of my arc will be seen through the eyes of Alfred, who I'm going to try and make more of a character than his simple Yes Man/Butler-esque Assistant characterization of the last few seasons. I've shown glimpses of what he can really be before, and now I intend to fully realize all of that.

Of course, Batman can't stay under the table forever. Someone's going to have to step up and protect Gotham in Bruce's abscence. Who will it be? You'll have to find out...

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: An unbridled passion for the character and his universe. And possibly some form of sloppy, ill-attempted sexual service.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Both Superman and Diana offer interesting points, but neither quite contradict my concerns. I suppose I'll have to take solace with what I'm given. This is neither the time or the place to voice the fact that just by witnessing what he can do when given the proper motivation, simply standing next to "The Man of Steel" leaves me on edge. The only one of us that managed to bring him down was, surprisingly, The Flash. And despite my initial reservations, twice tonight he's managed to prove himself worthy of my respect. With time and practice, he could become quite the hero. It's the others that I'm not entirely sure about yet.

Though when Superman brings up the possibility of an alternate form of communication, I can't help but think back to a privatized relay network that was proposed at Waynetech last month. If I could get the prototypes built and establish a satellite connection through Oracle, perhaps I can offer the communicators as thanks for what they've accomplished tonight. Or at the very least, give myself an advantage in surveillance, in the event that I find that I can't trust them as well as it seems.

"I have to get back to Gotham.", I begin abruptly. "But I just wanted to state that, for the record, I'm still not entirely sure about this 'Justice League'. While Destiny may not have succeeded, others will only try with a group like this putting themselves out there."

Trying not to linger on my doubts, I turn my back to the group and begin stepping towards the exit of the warehouse. It should take ten minutes, at most, for The Batmobile in flight mode to travel it's way from Gotham to Metropolis on automatic pilot in order to pick me up. But in the meantime, perhaps I should make myself scarce. There's alot that I have to consider, and I'd prefer to do it alone.

"I guess my point is, keep me informed. You could still convince me otherwise."

Taking out a specialized smoke capsule from the back of my utility belt, I suddenly spin around and throw it to the floor, breaking it off and covering the entire room in a light mist that momentarily obstructs the League's vision. By the time they can see clearly again, I'm already gone. And likely already on my way home.

rpg5.png

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray:
Kara Zor-El - Supergirl

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?:
Hero

Kryptonian. Invulnerability, Strength, Heat, X-ray, Telescopic, Microscopic visions, Super Speed, Super Breath, Flight

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Zor-El and Allura, survivors of the lost Kryptonian city, Argo. Their home planet had been destroyed and Argo was coming to an end, the peril around them engulfed the whole city, soon destruction was upon them. Zor-El had remembered the device his now deceased brother used to send off their only child to a new life with safety. Quickly building something similar to the device, him and Alura had to say their farewell to their only child, Kara Zor-El. The baby was sent off to Earth, in hope of finding the baby's cousin, Kal-El. Because Zor-El and Allura had programmed the device to a steady landing, Kara's course was changed slightly and she ended up in the streets of Chicago, with no destruction caused.

Fred Danvers and Sylvia Lee-Danvers had recently encountered trouble conceiving. So when a fair haired baby girl was left on their doorstep one morning, they believed their prayers had been answered. There had been one note left attached to the glowing cloth that was wrapped around the beautiful baby girl. It was in a cryptic type language, that no one could translate. The two took the girl in and adopted her. Naming her Linda Lee Danvers, after Fred's grandmother, Linda started to grow up under the average lifestyle of a girl in Chicago.

Linda was far from average, however. Her Kryptonian heritage gave her great abilities on Earth, as well as a natural aptitude for learning. She eventually cracked the code of the message from her parents, which told her to find her cousin Kal-El. Linda soon realized that this Kal-El was none other than the famous hero Superman, and she took up her Supergirl persona to attract his attention. Now, she lives in Metropolis, attends Metropolis University, and is one step closer to being reunited with her only surviving family.

She also recently was romantically involved with Vic Stone, but presumes him dead after his accident.

Do I really need to answer this? Really? *points at Screen Name* *points at copy of Action 252 in her possession*

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: She's been on her own her entire career, rather than trained by her cousin. I also have ideas on where I want to take her.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: A great take on my favorite character.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more: A couple of weeks have passed, since the accident. The school was shocked. Five stars of the football team killed. The more neanderthal students were just upset at what it meant for the team. Thankfully, Chloe wasn't one. Things with Vic weren't really serious yet, but still hurt dearly. But Chloe's the best friend a girl could ask for, but still I keep my secret. Vic invited me out with him that night. I declined because I didn't want to deal with the throngs of girls pawning over him. If I'd have gone with them, I could have saved them.

As Linda I've thrown myself into my studies. As Supergirl? I've taken my aggressions out on criminals. It's a very relieving form of therapy. But right now I'm just sitting in a classroom listening to Professor Swan go on about economics. Good god this is boring. Doesn't help matters much that my desk is by the window. Some days I just want to skip and take to the skies. Then I remember that it's college and I pay for every minute I'm here.

"Sigh."

"What was that Miss Danvers?"

"Um, just interested in how risk aversion affects the risk heavy industries?"

"Well if you paid attention properly, I wouldn't have to explain it multiple times."

I keep my sigh internal this time... What a windbag.

Once the class is over I head back to my dorm. I plan on changing real quick and heading to the sky. What I don't expect is Chlo. She's supposed to be in class. She's not.

"How was econ?"

"God I hate Swan. He's a pompous, egotistical ash."

"Again?"

I sigh and drop onto my bed, as I start to tell her about my day and listen to hers. I'll just wait until later to patrol, I guess.

scaled.php

Oh, look at that it's....Batman playing Batman and Supergirl playing Supergirl. Who could've guessed? :o :oldrazz: :awesome:

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Victor "Vic" Stone/Cyborg

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

.Powers and physical attributes: As Cyborg, Victor has super strength, endurance, agility, and speed. His blood is also infused with nano-bots which will aid his healing. He has gained all of this, along with cybernetic implants bonded to his body, underneath his skin. These allow Cyborg to scan for enemies, interface with computers, and allow him to attach various weapons to his body.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Victor Stone was born to two loving parents and was raised in the suburbs of Metropolis. From an early age, Vic showed signs of incredible athletic talent, as well as an incredible intellect. He took to football when young, and blossomed into a star when he reached high school.

But even as his popularity rose and college scouts began coming to his games, Vic's ego never inflated. People from his community always praised the young man's work ethic and morals. He was a jock who stood up for the little guy in the school, and was the first to make people laugh.

During his senior season, Stone committed to playing for his hometown team, Metropolis University. Once there, he met Linda Danvers, and the two developed a friendship, though both seemingly wanted more out of the relationship.

One night during the team's bye week, they go out to a party, which ends with four of Vic's teammates dying as a result of sabotage by a group of shadowy agents. Vic is badly injured, but is brought back by the same people who caused the accidents. The resulting cybernetic implants have left Stone with super powers, and a drive for revenge on the people that did this to him. His search has led him to the Authority, the group he was designed to kill, who now have him captured due to his assassination programming kicking in.

.The burning question - Why this character?: Cyborg is a staple of the DC Universe, even if he isn't one of the company's headliners. He was introduced by EBJ as a supporting character for Supergirl, and I figure it's about time that he's introduced as the hero he's destined to be. I've got a pretty good idea on what direction I'd like to take him.

Also, since he's already had contact and is friends with Supergirl, I wouldn't mind sowing the seeds for The Titans, or possibly join the League, depending on the way the game goes.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: First of all, Cyborg's implants/additions won't be visible, and to the normal world he'll look like a normal person. Secondly, Vic will have no idea where his powers/implants come from, and the mystery of his origin will continue on for the foreseeable future.

He will become a dead man reincarnated, and will tend to stay away from human contact, preferring a life of isolation due to him viewing himself as a "freak".

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: A classic DC hero to fold into our Ultimate Universe. And now that I have a new and functioning computer I will be a dedicated player.

"You ready?" Mike McDaniels asks as the team crams into the tunnel that leads to the field. Mike is a senior, and a second-team All American from last year. "Because we're gonna need you tonight. Gotham has one hell of a defense."

I nod to him, even though I'm not exactly sure I believe it. Sure, I've played in front of some big crowds before, and I know I'm one hell of a player. But this is big time college football. It actually matters now. And the team is looking at me to carry the load this year.

Before I know it, my teammates in front of me explode out of the tunnel, and I break into a sprint to follow. I emerge into the cheers and screams of our hometown crowd, and the adrenaline immediately kick in.

Oh yea. I'm ready for this.

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you): I'll get one up after work. Can't get into photo sharing sites here.

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Boy Blue

.Powers and physical attributes: Blue is a Fable, being from the Fables' universe, known as Homelands, and is virtually immortal. As long as his nursery rhyme "Little Boy Blue" is known and popular for the humans, he will live forever.

Other than that, Blue has no true powers of his own. However, he was entrusted with the Witching Cloak during the closing days of the war in the Homelands. The Cloak allows him to teleport, is virtually impenetrable(the only exceptions being extremely powerful magical weapons), and can render Blue invisible when covered completely by the cloak. He also possesses the Vorpal Blade, which can cut through any known enchantments.

Boy Blue is also a highly trained warrior from his days in the Homelands War. He keeps himself in fighting shape, and practices his swordsmanship and archery everyday.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Boy Blue was a happy lad during the days before the war, and was Old King Cole's favorite trumpet player, and was housed in his castle. While there, he learned archery and swordsmanship from Robin Hood and his Merry Men. After The Adversary, the evil force that rose to take over the Homelands, declared war on all the Fables' homes, Boy Blue immediately enlisted into the army that opposed him.

There, he served with Robin and his Men in Colonel Bearskin's company. It was here that Blue became one of the war's greatest heroes, being one of the few that volunteered to stay behind and cover the retreat of the Fables into Earth's universe, ensuring that as many Fables could escape as possible.

The night before the fateful battle, a final Fable arrived at the fort which the last portal was located. She was Red Riding Hood, and she would change Blue's life forever. She was wounded, and he tended her wounds in preparation for the journey the next day. Unfortunately, love at first sight set in, yet each knew what their fates were the next day.

In the morning, Bearskin gave Blue the Witching Cloak, with orders to teleport to the ship heading through the portal as the battle drew to a close. The Colonel wanted Blue to be happy and to be with Red. And Blue did as he was told. He fought bravely, but one by one his oldest friends died at the hands of The Adversary's minions. And as Colonel Bearskin fell, signifying Blue was the only one left, he teleported to the ark of the Fables.

But tragedy would strike Blue yet again. It was on the ship that he found that Red, who had no idea of Bearskin's plan, refused to live without Blue, and stayed behind.

Once the last of the refugee Fables reached their new home in new York City, known as Fabletown, Blue became part of the Fabletown police department in an attempt to stem his survivor's grief and atone for his failures.

So far this season, Boy Blue has come into mastery of the Witching Cloak, and uncovered the invasion of The Adversary's troops into Fabletown. Last we saw him, Blue was tortured by Baba Yaga and some wooden soldiers, only to be saved by Cinderella. Blue and Bigby join the fray, and kill the dragon who was leading the attack.

Afterwards, Blue decides to make a mission back into the Homelands and bring the fight to The Adversary.

.The burning question - Why this character?: I've become enamored with the Fables Universe, and I'd love to write my own story about one of the characters, and have them possibly be involved with the rest of the DC Universe.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Blue will put on a public face of happiness and normalcy, but by himself or with his closest friends he will be revealed to be a man saddled with extreme survivors guilt. Sullen and morose, he searches for any way to redeem himself in his own eyes, and will drive him to new ways to accomplish that goal.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: The Fables Universe, which is a great story begging to be told. I've got a story thread I never finished from last season, and a few more stories I'd like to tell.

As I'm carried through the street outside the Woodland High rise that houses Fabletown, the eruption of gunfire rains around me, and the battle screams of the Fables tear through the night air. The Witches must have cover the city in a thick layer of fog, since I can barely see in front of my face.

After a few paces, Cinderella bursts through the door to the Doc's place, where I can hear the pained moans of other wounded Fables. Cindy plops me down on a table, "Doc, we need to get Blue back in the fight."

Before the doctor can get to me, I place my hand in the Witching Cloak and retrieve the Vorpal Sowrd. "Just get this in my hand and make sure it won't fall out. I'll do the rest."

This is my chance to redeem myself. This is my chance to make things right. And no matter what, I'm going to succeed.

Last edited:
THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Bart Allen/The Flash

.Powers and physical attributes: Bart has super-speed, with an ability to run close to the speed of light.

Born in 1988, Bart Allen is the oldest son to Barry and Iris Allen. His younger brother Wally was born in 1995.

Barry Allen was a famous detective with the Central City Police, solving the famous Murmur Murders alongside his partner, Jay Garrick.

Finding himself always a bit of a social outcast, Bart always had a love comic book superheroes and science. During his senior year in high school, Bart was working late at the high school science lab when an accident happened. The accident granted Bart mysterious super-powers.

Remembering the comic heroes of his youth, Bart took up a costume and became one of them. The Flash.

Three years later, Bart attends Keystone University, majoring in criminal justice during the day as well as being the fastest man alive.

During the course of the RPGs first season, Flash encountred heroes and foes, from Superman and Wonder Woman to The Trickster and the alien menance known as Star'ro.

In the second season, Bart faced off with a group of superpowered criminals called the Rogues, discovered that his father's partner, Jay Garrick, was the former superhero speedster called Mercury, and he locked horns with his college professor, Ed Thawne, before he graduated from Keystone University.

Oh, and he kicked the **** outta Superman. :awesome:

.The burning question - Why this character?: I'm a Flash fan and Bart fan, peanut butter and jelly? PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: The mainstream version of Bart is a part of a large legacy from his grandfather and cousin, this version of Bart is making his own legacy. Personality wise, Ult. Bart might be a bit closer to Spider-Man. Plus, I've adapted his Rogues and changed them to give them a differnt flair.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Decent RPer, The Flash!

.Provide a sample post as the character you wish to portray, in three paragraphs or more:

Kicking into high gear, I run down the street Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Batman all stand still like living statues. Only one person is fast enough to see me: Superman. His unwavering eye turns away from Wonder Woman and stares me down.

"I'm not even gonna try to talk some sense into you." I say, talking so fast and so high that he's the only one possible of hearing it.

Picking up speed, I run out of the city and out of Pokolistan. Pushing myself faster and faster, I tear through Russia and across the Pacific in just a fraction of a second. America is nothing but a blur as I race through it and continue across the Atlantic. Faster as faster, I rip through Europe and through Pokolistan again. This time, even Superman can't keep up with me as I blow past him.

No.

I need to be faster. Keep going, you have to keep getting faster.

The whole world around me starts to become one big gray mass. I'm getting closer to speed light, and my body can feel it. My hamstrings are tightening up, the arches of my feet ache more and more with each step. I'm going faster than I've ever gone, faster than anything has ever gone. My chest tightens up and I feel a jolt of electricity running down my spine. I don't know what's happening, but I got to keep going. Before I know it, I've passed through Pokolistan about five times now. It's the sixth time that I make my move.

Nothing is moving at all as I run down the wartorn street towards Superman. Nothing, that is, but me. My mind thinks back to something I learned in physics class.

Remember that paradox, the unstoppable force meeting an immovable object?

It used to be a paradox, until modern day physics looked into it. The truth is, no force is completely unstoppable. No object is completely immovable. That was one of my papers...Professor Thawne gave it a C, saying that there was no real world application to my thesis.

Well, I wish Professor Thawne could be here to see this.

With each and every step I take, my body hurts that much more. The G-forces and speed is taking its toll. I'm only a few feet from Superman when I cork my arm back and swing.

My fist, with all the inertia and force that I can muster, connects with Superman's jaw.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

A shockwave ripples out from the punch, the sounds of explosion deafen my, a bright white light blinds me, and I'm suddenly weightless and falling from parts unknown to parts unknown.
2nm068.jpg

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Inspector Edward Nygma

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Walking The Line

.Powers and physical attributes: No powers, but Nygma has a brilliant intellect and is an expert detective with training in firearms. In addition to his police skills, Nygma is a master people-reader and manipulator.

Born in Glasgow, Kentucky on October 17th 1972 to parents Joesph and Mary Nygma, Edward Frank Nygma grew up in an abusive home with his ultra passive mother and mentally ill father.

Nygma was constantly breated by his father while his mother stood by, too afraid to defend her son. His father mentally and phsyically abuse also extended to his mother, who never told anyone about her husband's behavior and always let him get away with it. His mother took her own life on December 23rd, 1982 when Nygma was ten years old. Leaving Edward alone to be victimized by his father, who abused Edward to mask the jealousy of his son's superior intellect.

Nygma was constantly picked on in school, his reserved nature and social awkwardness made him easy prey.

Graduating from high school, Nygma enrolled at a nearby community college. As soon as Nygma turned 18, he promptly had his father committed to the same insane asylum Sue had been in. Nygma never visited his father and let him waste away in the mental hospital, justice in Nygma's mind for all the years of abuse. Joseph Nygma died in 1996, a shell of the man he had once been.

After a life of being picked on and being the butt of jokes, Nygma opted for respect the quickest way he could think of. He became a Sheriff's Deputy for Barren County, Kentucky, and helped police his home county.

While in the service of the sheriff, Nygma quickly learned he had an eye for human weakness and for reading people. He soon became a detective and excelled capturing criminals and interrogating them.

In 1998, Nygma was investigating a kidnapping/murder of a little girl. The little girl's features reminded him of his mother. He dove head-first into the murder, becoming consumed by it. He devoted every waking moment to the case. His co-workers saw a change in him and he was put up in psychic evaluation. Nygma was diagnosed with manic-depressive disorder and spent some time in the same mental hospital his father had died in.

He was discharged from the sheriff's department and Nygma spent the next two years doing odd-jobs around Glasgow. It was in late 2000 Nygma read about job openings in the Gotham City Police Department. Captivated with the idea of solving big city murders, Nygma packed his bags and left Kentucky for Gotham. Applying for a job, he left out the part about his mental disorder. He was accepted and began working as a patrolman. After a few years of walking a beat, Nygma became a detective working robbery. He quickly graduated to homicide and was promoted to Sergeant.

Working in Homicide, Nygma had his first, but not last, brush with a serial killer. Nygma worked the case of the Hangman, a serial killer who lynched his victims all throughout the summer of 2004. Nygma led SWAT through the door of suspect John Lees, who had a gun in his hands and pointed at the cops. With no choice, Nygma shot and killed Lees. Evidence to Lees guilt was found and he was posthumously branded as the Hangman.

For his efforts, Nygma was awarded a promotion to Lieutenant and became second-in-command with the Major Crimes Unit. In 2007, Commissioner James Gordon gave Nygma a risky assignment. He was to go undercover as a corrupt cop and provide intel and services for the Maroni Crime Family. Family don Salvatore "The Boss" Maroni welcomed Nygma with open-arms and soon began to trust the cop and confide in him.

After a questionable action from Gordon, Nygma began investigating him and soon discovered the skeletons in Gordon's closet. Teaming up with the vigilante Batman, undercover officer Selina Kyle, and detective Vic Sage, Nygma began a massive investigation into a criminal conspiracy that included the mob, high-ups in the GCPD, and a serial killer known as Holiday.

During the Holiday investigation, Nygma and Kyle had their cover with Maroni blown. The mob boss put a hit out on them and the two had to go underground to survive.

After a nine month investigation, Nygma and Sage arrested Holiday with Batman's help. Holiday turned out to be Police Lieutenant Michael Akins. Akins' plot revolved around avenging the murder of his son, who died at the hands of a hitman hired by the mob and Gordon.

Finding out Holiday's true motives, Nygma made a truce with Gordon and destoryed all evidence to Gordon's involvement with Holiday's creation. Nygma then manipulated Sage, blackmailing with information that he was moonlighting as a masked vigilante. Sage quit the police force in disgust and Nygma was promoted to Inspector, given the charge of being in command of all detectives in the Criminal Investigations Division.

In the aftermath of the Holiday investigation, Internal Affairs Lieutenant Mackenzie Bock investigated Nygma's practices with the help of District Attorney Harvey Dent. Afraid of what the investigation would uncover, Nygma asked for Gordon's help in getting Bock off the case. After Gordon and his thugs beat Bock, DA Harvey Dent swore to work harder on the case and put Nygma and Gordon behind bars.

His back against the wall and feeling pressue from Dent and Maroni, Nygma took care of them in one night. Leading a raiding party to the Gotham Ritz during his niece's wedding, Nygma caused panic and chaos and allowed Maroni to slip away to his office, where Nygma met him and killed the mob boss by pushing him out a window. After that, he drove to Dent's house and firebombed it with molotov cocktails, attempting to kill the rightous DA.

Sickened by his actions, Nygma is left with the thought that he's become two of the men he hates the most: Jim Gordon and his father.

In season two, Nygma reformed from his ways...sort of.

He and Detective Marcus Driver investigated the gruesome murder of Gotham socialite Bette Kane. Driver was killed in the process, but Nygma got absolute justice for his partner and Bette.

Nygma then began investigating the crime kingpin known as Bane. When Nygma ran afoul of Bane, he worked out a deal to save his life in exchange for setting up Batman. Nygma lived up to his end of the bargain, throwing everything he and the GPCD had at Batman in order to soften the vigilante up.

Now, Nygma begins to worry as news breaks out that the FBI and US Attorney are launching a probe into the GCPD. On top of that, Jim Gordon has now come out of his coma.

Nygma is probably my favorite character I've ever had a chance to play in any RPG bar none. I've never had as much fun with a character as I had with him.

I said after the first season I had a three act story in mind. I kind of skimped on act two, but I will more than make up for it in act three.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?:
He won't be thrusting his groin while dancing around in skin tight green spandex and creating goofy riddles for Batman to figure out. I don't have any desire to turn him into a would-be supervillain like he is in the comics. Instead, I'm taking the character and taking him down a different path. He's still a man consumed by mysteries, riddles, and his desire to be perfect....he just goes about that in a real different way.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Big fan of the Batman mythos and a decent writer with a few years experience in these RPGs.

The door to the Kane mansion opens up. I hear heels clacking against the hardwood floor. Kate rounds the corner into the massive living room and stops suddenly. She sees me sitting on the couch, a gun in my lap.

"Eddie....what are you?"

"Have a seat, please."

"I don't....what?"

"I SAID HAVE A SEAT!"

Kate jumps back, partly in fright, partly in shock. She walks over to a recliner and sits down on the edge of the chair.

"It was your father, wasn't it? He killed your sister."

I stand up as Kate stutters and struggles to get her words out. Gripping the gun, I pace across the living room.

"I suppose I couldn't call him your father, can I? No, your father was murdered about six hours ago. Harold was what to you? The man who raised you? The man who abused you?"

"It's not like that," she rasps out. "He loved us."

"Some of that tough love, huh? Slapping you girls around whenever he felt like it. But he did worse didn't he? Tell me, Kate, was he your first?"

Kate swallows hard and closes her eyes. I plunge on into my monologue.

"Your family is ****ed up worst than a tenth generation hillbilly clan. You see, your mother spilled the beans on ya'll. Your family and the Daniels, it's like a Greek tragedy. I bet it pissed Harold off when he found out Bette was ****ing Jerry Daniels. A man that may or may not be her own brother. He beat her, threatened to cut her off from the family fortune, and even said he'd kill her. You, of course, stood by as the faithful child. You were like a dog that gets beaten daily, but still loves his master. You even followed Bette as she went on those romantic outings with Jerry. You went so far as to rent an adjoining room beside their motel room so you could listen in. You recorded it and let daddy listen in. It pissed him off something fierce. When Bette came home that night, he took it out on her again. This time, he went too far. He beat your sister to death. You went the extra mile, though."

I bend down and start poking Kate in the arm, touching each spot Bette was burned and cut at. "You cut her body with a knife, tortured her with cigarette burns and finally your father cut her in half. The brutality designed to throw the cops off on the exact motives of the murder. You probably cut her in half and drained the blood in some vacant house your father owns. Really doesn't matter now. We're way past the point of getting evidence."

I stand up again and back away from Kate. "Bette's body is found and I pick up the case. You start fooling with me, not to keep the family's dirty little secrets out the paper, but to keep an eye on the investigation. There was one thing you and even I overlooked. Apparently, Marcus Driver was a better cop than I could ever imagine. He followed you, got shots of you and I doing it, and photos of you and Jerry arguing. See, Jerry knew something was up so he confronted you. Driver looked into your backgrounds and knew something was up. He confronted you and your father with the information he had. He wasn't looking to solve the case, he was looking for some blackmail money. A few days ago he came to the house and things got heated between him and your father. Driver kicked the **** out of him when he refused to pay. Driver was preparing to tell me all about it when you killed him. You called him, tracked him down, probably managed to drug him before you slit his throat. You began tying up lose ends, Kate."

I point the gun at Kate and mock shooting it. "Pow. Down goes Driver. Pow. Down goes Jerry. Pow. Down goes Mark Daniels. Quite a deadly little game you were playing, missy."

"You can't prove it," she hisses. "You can't prove ****!"

"Look me in the eye and tell me it's a lie....," I say with a smirk. Kate looks away sharply and my smirk blooms into a smile. "That's what I thought. As I said, I don't have any real evidence. Nothing substantial that can tie you to the murder of your sister, Driver, or the Daniels. But it's not about that. On the Holiday case, I had to settle for lesser justice. I had to compromise to save myself. This case is looking a lot like that's gonna happen here."

I motion Kate towards the kitchen. She stands up and slowly walks through the living room into the kitchen. On the floor, the body of Harold Kane is sprawled out and bleeding, a bullet hole in his head. "He confessed to me an hour ago. Helped fill in all the blanks," I say calmly as I screw a suppressor on the gun barrel. "Like I said, I settled for lesser justice before. This time I'm gunning for absolute justice."

A scream begins to come out of Kate's mouth. I silence it with the pull of the trigger. Four shots to the head. Two for the Daniels, one for Driver, and one for Bette. She crumples to the floor next to Harold Kane, blood pouring out her body and mixing with the man who raised her.

And like that, Bette Kane's murder is solved. Three family members dead, one attempted suicide and driven crazy by a life full of abuse and guilt. Harold and Katherine Kane's murders will be just as tragic as the murder of Bette, but they deserved every bit of what they got and then some. Bette's only crime was loving a man. It seems that even the most prominent families aren't immune to being drug down into the gutters of Gotham.

All three murders will go down in the books as an unsolved and tragic chapter in Gotham's first family. It might become famous, or more than likely, infamous. One of those stories that entertain and enthrall the public.

Only I know the truth, and I intend to keep it that way. But then again, all secrets seem to come back to haunt us.

That's the nature of things. We always reap what we sew. Nothing stays buried forever, and our crimes will always come to light.

I think it's that last part that scares me the most.

So wait, we're limited to two characters this time?

**** that ****!

Third character or bust for me!

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: US Army Lt. Colonel Rick Flag III

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: WTL

.Powers and physical attributes: Rick Flag has no superpowers, but is a highly trained special forces soldier and is an expert marksman, and a excellent leader.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Rick Flag III comes from a military dynasty, and it's been proven that a Flag has served in every major American conflict. His grandfather was a war hero for the allies during the Second World War, while his father served with distinction in Vietnam. Flag enrolled at West Point as soon as he was finished with high school and graduated in 1990, given the rank of a first lieutenant.

Flag's aptitude for marksmanship granted him a chance to become an Army Ranger. Flag passed Ranger school with flying colors and became a Ranger sniper. Flag was stationed in Somalia during the Black Hawk Down incident, receiving only minor wounds in the combat that ensued.

In 1998, Flag was promoted from Captain to Major. His service record with the Rangers led to him being recruited to join a group known only as the "Combat Applications Group" better known as Delta Force.

After 9/11, Flag and his unit of Delta Force operators carried out missions in Afghanistan, Iraq, and all over the world. It was during a black op in December of 2010 that it all changed for Flag. Inside the Syrian border, Flag and his squad's helicopter was shot down. Flag was one of three men who survived the crash. Badly wounded by the crash, Flag and the two soldiers managed to fight their way out of Syria and into Israel. Flag nearly died of his wounds, while the two soldiers with him were mortally wounded by gunfire. While Flag recovered, the two men died of their wounds.

Flag was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel and give a covert operations medal for his valorous efforts, although the medal was never to be worn in public.

After ten years in Delta Force, he was reassigned to be field leader to a covert group of imprisoned metahumans known as Task Force X-Ray, also known as the Suicide Squad. Flag led the Squad through missions in Mexico, Egypt, the Phillipines, and Haiti. On a mission in Nigeria, Flag was wounded and left behind. He now resides in a prison as an enemy to Nigeria's Islamic rebels, regularly tortured and beaten for information.

.The burning question - Why this character?: Well, I've been enjoying the heck out of my Suicide Squad, and I'm not the only one, and I still have a bunch of stories I want to tell.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Flag is the third, not Jr. and I like to think I flesh his past out a bit.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Decent RPer with a long time experience in these games.

I look out the window of the military transport plane as the Atlantic Ocean whizzes by below.

"You doing alright?" Turner asks as he sits down beside me.

He has his right arm in a sling and medical wrap wrapped around his sternum. A fractured arm and two broken ribs. The doctors at the military base in Israel patched him up the best they good. The also did the same for me, which is why the knife wounds on my arm and shoulder are all sewn up and bandaged.

"Yeah, just running the scene in the square over in my mind."

"What was going on with you and that burnt dude?"

"I haven't told Faraday yet, I'll wait until the official debrief, but apparently he's a former member of my old Delta Force unit."

"Well, I'll be damned. It is a small world after all. What happened to him?"

"Me and my team were sent to Syria to collect intel on an illegal nuclear power plant the Syrians had. It was believed they were producing nuclear weapons. The mission was FUBAR from the beginning. Mechanical problems caused our helicopter to crash land ten kilometers from the site. Killed three of my men on impact...."

I spend the next half hour telling the story. I tell it all, things like putting my gun to Blaine's head and the other warts included.

"He was screaming, being burned alive by those chemicals....so I shot him in the head. Thought I was putting him out of his misery. My one remaining soldier and I bugged out and headed for the Israel border. We were a mile away when a chopper came in and tagged Stephens. It got him in the gut and chest and tore into my leg. I limped across the border into Israel with Stephens on my back. He died before we could get him to the hospital."

"Damn...reminds me of what happened to me in Afghanistan. I'm the only man that walked away that day. ****s with your head, doesn't it?"

"Yeah....but it's different when you're the CO. Its one thing to be an enlisted man following orders from a man who doesn't know his ash from a hole in the ground....but to be the man who doesn't know his ash from a hole in the ground is different. I was responsible for those men and I failed them all. I have no idea how Blaine ended up with Jihad, but it's my fault he did. I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with that once I found out I was getting reassigned from Delta."

"And here you are, leader of a group called the Suicide Squad where death is how we make a living. Ain't that a *****?"

"Yeah, life's real funny sometimes."

Turner and I sit in silence for several minutes before I speak up.

"You know, my great-grandfather was in the First World War. He was a company sergeant. I always heard this story growing up. His company was one of the first ones to go into battle during the Argonne Offensive. They were all used to trench fighting, and the first chance of real combat and going out of the trenches scared them to death. Even the officers were scared. That was when my great grandad called the company together and, as an NCO, gave them a speech. He told them that death is always inevitable. If they had to die, better that they die with honor and glory than to die a meaningless death back home. Those who died on that battlefield would be immortal, because the songs, stories, and tales written about them would carry on. That's all each and everyone of them could ever hope to do: carry on."

"You great grandpa make it out the war?"

"Yeah, but he lost an eye from a German bayonet just a few hours after he gave that speech to his troops. He won a few medals and came home after the armistice, but they said he was never the same. They said he was depressed and moody until he died in the mid 30's. I think that he wanted to die in France with his men. After that speech, he wanted to live forever on the battlefield. He wanted all of us to carry on. I guess he was on to something. Like he said, death comes calling for all of us and there's only one thing any of us can do."

"Carry on."

I look at Turner and nod.

"Carry on."

RickFlag.jpg

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Orin of Atlantis - Aquaman

.Powers and physical attributes: Born an Atlantean, a race of advanced aquatics, Orin possesses a natural undersea adaptation aswell as superhuman strength, speed, senses, durability, and stamina, advanced healing, and a resistance to extreme cold. But perhaps his most unique ability is an unnatural bond with all undersea life, a gift bestowed upon him by the titan Tethys. Unlike the rest of his kind, Orin is the only one to possess blonde hair - a heredity trait that was inherited from his accursed father, Kordax.

.Origin and backstory (as interpreted): After angering the god Poseidon, Atlantean scientist Kordax became the scourge of his people. He was soon cursed by the vengeful wrath of Poseidonis' people and made to be a blight upon Atlantis itself, prompting his death and widowing his love, Cora. Learning that she was pregnant with Kordax's only heir, she fled Poseidonis and took refuge with the titan Tethys for the sake of her baby's safety. And when all hope seemed lost, Tethys finally made a fateful bargain - for the cost of her life, she would ensure that the seas themselves would protect her child. She agreed, and died giving birth to her and Kordax's son, Orin. True to her word, Tethys granted Orin the gift of kinship with all undersea creatures, enabling him to grow up as a child of the seas themselves.

When he became a man, Orin travelled back to Poseidonis and laid the Curse of Kordax to rest by slaying the fabled Kraken, saving the city and becoming beloved by it's people. But despite his newfound fame and reward, Orin was unsatisfied with his predicament. He wished for more, to understand the plight of his mother and father. It wasn't long afterwards that he discovered that despite Tethys' gifts, there was also a curse - his mother was still alive, but had become a vengeful beast of the seas, looking to destroy Poseidonis for their treachery against her family. Orin was forced to confront, and eventually kill the one that birthed him. As a reward for defending his throne, Poseidon offered Orin the chance to become King. But he declined, choosing to go his own path. Orin now vows to protect the seas themselves as the lone hero known to all of Atlantis as Aquaman.

But trouble awaits the newly minted protector of the seas, as the aftermath of a climatic battle with Poseidon himself has left the Sea God perished - with Orin responsible for his demise. Left with both the blame for Poseidon's death and a newfound enemy in the twisted creation that is Ocean Master, his blood counterpart, Aquaman must prepare himself for the dark days that are ahead.

.The burning question - Why this character?: Simply put, I've barely scratched the surface with the character. I went into the mythos last season with a fresh perspective and became enthralled, but I never quite began the story I set out to tell when I originally applied. And suitably so, I feel, because the story requires a slow burn approach. Since Aquaman was put into a unique position that can give me a few more stories with him before my run eventually ends, I decided it'd be neat to continue.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Well, his origin's already different. So from there I plan to build up a further distinction through his supporting cast, like Mera, Garth, and Black Manta, who I want to give a brand new origin. I also want to establish Orin's relationship with the surface world, given that he's never journeyed there by the time that this story begins. How do his powers work, his physiology, ect? What does he think of human culture? Stuff like that can be quite interesting to build on.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: My plan is to play Orin as a fish-out-of-water when he reaches the surface, so I can bring that authenticity through my ignorance of alot of Aquaman's history. I also bake a mean brownie.

The dream presents itself once again.

That terrible nightmare, the one that has haunted his mind for months now. Where he's struggling to breathe and can't, despite the fact that a perfectly clear depth surrounds him. He reaches out to gasp for help, to call out to the ones that he knows will answer his cries, but none of them come. It is as if for the first time, he is ignored. And he cannot cope. He looks and spins around, searching for the slightest trace of hope, and only finds the light above. It is then, when his fears have taken hold, that he realizes he's so desperate that he will try anything. So gently, he drifts up to the surface. A place - an entire world - of which he has never been given reason to journey.

He swims closer and closer towards the break of water as the tide becomes eerily calm. He doesn't feel safe by what he sees, but he's running out of time. He knows that if he doesn't brave the surface and quell his fears, he will no sooner die. So he keeps swimming. Keeps putting those thoughts to rest as soon as they blossom.

His hand reaches out first, and it goes through. But he can't feel anything. His mouth opens and he tries to speak in anguish, but it only worsens the affect of his breathlessness. Struggling, he quakes under the ocean's pressure and begins to sink. It is only with a short burst of his remaining strength that he's able to fight back, and push himself upwards, edging closer and closer to the break that so few have thought to engage. And at the final moment of his peril, his face collides with the water, giving way to the light itself, where he can see that...

The dream is over. Orin awakens in an alert manner, discovering himself in the dwellings he's been given. The room that overlooks the capital city of Poseidonis. He is in a bed he can barely call his own, nestled between two women - both brunette, per his indication. They awake aswell, startled by his movements, but he pays them little attention. Tossing away his coverings, he floats to the other side of the room and gently lands on the balcony, staring out into the sea.

The whales, he muses, hearing the creatures hover from above. They sing to us. It must be close to day.

"Orin? Why have you woke?"

"Do you wish for us to join you, Orin?"

His eyes close. The sounds of their voices are almost irritating.

"Orin?"

Instantaneously, he turns, his gaze more cold than intends.

"Go back to bed. I will return to you all soon."

Retrieving his things, he launches out for a morning swim, hoping it'll clear his head.

RPG5.png

No. Where'd you get that?

EDIT: Oh! I see. Yeah, no, that was just an old rule that I never corrected, I guess. I just copied them from the last season's OOC thread.

You're allowed your three.

Batman, Supergirl, Cyborg, Boy Blue, and Aquaman are all...

guy1.jpg

The Flash, Edward Nygma, and Rick Flag are hereby...

batman1andahalf.png

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Dick Grayson/ Robin

.Powers and physical attributes: Dick is a gifted martial artist and amateur gymnast, combined with a natural knack with technology, able to make home-made weapons and equipment out of household gadgets.

Dick Grayson was the son of Richard and Mary, a hero cop and his wife in a city rife with corruption. His mother's death from cancer hardened his heart, as he became anti-social and short-tempered. Losing his mother affected him more deeply than he ever realized....

...and when he lost his father, murdered in the line of duty apparently by the Batman, it drove Dick over the edge. He dedicated his life to finding and killing the masked vigilante, training and equipping himself for what he believed to be a suicide mission that would at best see them both dead.

Dick took to the streets as 'Redbird,' determined to find the Batman, but also taking on thugs from Gotham's crime syndicates along the way, allying briefly with the alien heroine Starfire, and taking under his proverbial wing an impressionable ten-year-old boy named Tim Drake. These, however, were still merely distractions from his main goal of finding and killing Batman.

Redbird finally laid a trap for Batman, wounding the hero with a land mine and nearly beating him to death in the ensuing fight. Before he could end it, however, Dick discovered that he was wrong: his father had been killed by mob-boss Tony Zucco, and the Batman was actually Bruce Wayne, his adopted guardian.

Before he could make up for his mistakes, Wayne Tower was attacked by the ciminal mastermind Bane, and Bruce Wayne had vanished. Dick vowed that he would find him, to either save the Bat, or avenge him. Along with his new mission, Dick assumed a new identity, discarding the moniker of Redbird as he equated it with his mistakes, and thinking of the nickname given to him by his friend Rachel "Raven" Roth: Robin.

As much as it always irks me to see DC games totally lopsided with an excess of Gotham characters, I have to admit it's a cool setting with a lot of cool characters. And out of everyone in Gotham, Dick is far and away my favorite.

Well, for starters, he spent the last year as an obsessively driven attempted murderer. Now, however, as he realizes how wrong he was, he's going to do everything in his power to atone for that, trying to become a legitimate hero under Batman's guidance. Also, he's going to start networking with other heroes his age, possibly forming a teen team of titanic proportions.....

I can bring strong characterizations, complex plots, and impeccable spelling and grammar (it's "a lot," dammit, not "alot").

Dick Grayson prowled the halls of Bruce Wayne's penthouse, having been awoken by the sounds of a struggle, muffled though it was from Miss Cooper's apartment. The signs of a fight were everywhere: toppled furniture, shattered glass.....spatters of blood.

What worried him more was that there was no sign of Mr. Wayne. Someone had attacked Bruce Wayne, attacked Batman, and now......

"It can't be," Dick said to himself. "He's not.......oh my God....Alfred?!"

Dick ran to the old man who lay on the floor, severely beaten. He slapped Mr. Wayne's butler lightly across the face to try and rouse him, and was met with a pained groan.

"Master Wayne?" Alfred sputtered. "No....Master D-...Dick.....run."

"Alfred, what happened? Where's Mister Wayne?!"

"Call the police...." the butler wheezed painfully.

Dick's eyes darted back and forth for a phone, but stopped on something he hadn't seen before: an elevator, its still-open door completely flush with the wall. A secret passageway, then, probably to where Batman kept all of his weapons and equipment.

Seeing that, all of the panic and fear that gripped Dick was replaced by steely determination.

"Whoever it was, if Batman couldn't handle him, the cops don't stand a chance," Dick said, heading towards the elevator. "I'm going to call an ambulance for you.....and then I'm going to find Mister Wayne."

The elevator door slid shut behind Dick, and as it plunged downward through Wayne Tower towards the Cave, Dick Grayson clenched his fists.

For over a year, he hunted Batman, trying to kill him. For over a year, he resented Bruce Wayne, bucking against his authority. Now that man was missing and possibly dead, and Dick vowed to find him at any cost.

He thought of the nickname his classmate Rachel 'Raven' Roth had given him as the door slid open to Batman's headquarters.

Redbird had done everything in his power to kill Batman.

Now, it would be Robin who does everything in his power to save him.

young_justice__robin_by_pikachupanda-d33wvzm.jpg

Hey Byrd, do you want a cooler roster pic? I could scrounge around my Suicide Squad scans.

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Catwoman (Selina Kyle)

.Powers and physical attributes: No superhuman powers. Selina's been trained as a gymnast, giving her increased agility and athleticism, and has limited experience in self-defense as a former officer of the law. Wearing a modified version of one of Batman's costumes, she is protected by the same type of armor and boasts a few of the same weapons, such as night-vision goggles, bolas, tasers, and grapples. Her main weapon is all her own, a heavily modified diamond tethered bullwhip that acts as both a weapon and a tool for climbing. In terms of intelligence, she's a skilled thief and boasts some knowledge of Gotham's meaner streets.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): After losing both parents, the first to alchohol and the second to a life of prostitution and heroin abuse, young Selina Kyle was left to the care of a loving elderly woman who had an affinity for cats. Living out a relatively normal life from there, Selina nevertheless harbored a grudge against men for all of the ones that she had encountered in her rough childhood, from her distant father to her mother's sleazy clientele. This resentment only strengthened after she joined the Gotham City Police Department at a young age, experiencing countless forms of harassment and mistreatment at the hands of disrespectful and corrupt officers. Feeling as if she could achieve more as an undercover agent, Selina worked Vice for a year and garnered a reputation among the city's prostitutes. This was where she made a career breakthrough, eventually gaining a much bigger case to tackle. Posing as socialite Holly Robinson, she soon became the trophy girlfriend of longtime gangster Salvatore Maroni, using her cover to collect the evidence to bring him down.

But after being discovered following an attempted sexual assault by Maroni's oldest son, Selina lost all sense of herself as a member of the department when she was forced to kill him. Thrust into a troubled relationship with Lieutenant Edward Nygma, she found herself a target of Maroni's wrath and was nearly killed. That was when her life ultimately changed, as she was rescued from a potentially fatal encounter by The Batman. Inspired by his heroism, she decided to forge her own path as someone who could strike back at the mob and get revenge over Maroni for the hit. Posing as Bruce Wayne's personal bodyguard after being re-assigned, she gained a deeper understanding of her idol when discovering that Wayne and Batman were the same man. Stealing some of his equipment for herself, Selina used the materials to craft a new identity for herself - as the masked thief and professional criminal, Catwoman.

.The burning question - Why this character?: Since Batman isn't going to be at the forefront of my writing in the game for awhile, I needed a reason to keep myself just as heavily invested in Ultimate Gotham in his absence. And what better way is there to do that than embark on something I've been meaning to do for awhile - playing a woman for a change. Specifically, this particular one, because I've always loved Selina's character. No matter what line she's walking on, something's always fascinated me about the level of strength and self-reliance that she's always carried herself with, and I want to see if I can test that in the trials that Gotham will undoubtedly throw out at her.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Well, Eddie Brock's stellar run in the first and second seasons already provided the basics. She was a cop before she became a thief, and she's a fledging vigilante when she isn't trying to steal from the mob. Holly Robinson doesn't exist beyond a cover name, so she's more or less on her own. With Batman taken out, I think what my version of Selina offers is a woman conflicted between her own goals and a sense of duty to a man she barely even knows. This won't be quite an all-out hero like she was in the comics before the relaunch, because that wouldn't make her very fun to write, but I do think that she feels like Catwoman could potentially fill the gap that Batman left behind - even if she's not nessecarily willing to uphold his strict sense of values.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: I've never played a woman before, so I'm interested in exploring the parallels. I also think that when it comes to Gotham characters, my writing and my commitment levels are at their strongest.

I hate this city.

And I'm not just talking about the way the street lamps flicker at night, the rampant car horns at every turn, the record pollution, and those abnoxious cab drivers that make you want to just slip off your five-inch heels and make a marathon for home at the very sight of them. No, those are the menial details lost in the art of the dance that is living in Gotham City. By the time I turned fourteen, I had mastered the dance and thought I'd had this city wired. Every rooftop and alleyway spoke to me like a second language. I knew how to manuever my way through any situation - be it a mugger, some two-bit con, or the unsavory glare of a streetwise pimp. Until I became a cop, that is. Then I had to play by a different set of rules. A code of conduct that came with the badge, giving me an ediquette that meant one of two things - play by the rules or play by their rules.

The more I think about it, maybe it isn't Gotham that I hate after all. It was always the limitations that people in it tried to throw onto my shoulders. With the department, I was always held back. Whether it was a matter of gender preference or the simple fact that I wouldn't take bribes, which made people on the force look at me like I was a disease, they treated me differently than the rest. They would try and gauge my reactions - especially the men, and provoke fights whenever it was clear that I was ready to engage, waiting for the moment that one of my superiors would walk through the door and put me on suspension. Happened enough times to give me quite the record.

Now that I'm free of those sordid attachments? There's only one set of rules for me to follow: Me and mine.

It takes a fraction of a second for me to realize that the next rooftop is trickier than usual to stick a landing. Lots of archetectual nonsense. Smiling to myself as I put forth the acceptance of a challenge, I grab the handle attached at my thigh and produce the new whip I had specially made for tonight. Leather and nylon interlaced with a liquid steel interweave. Strongest stuff I've come across and it cost about as much as you'd expect. But as I strike at the air and hear the crack of the leather, latching itself around the adjacent flagpole, I realize that it was a more than worthy investment. Not that it required any out-of-pocket expenses, of course. All I had to do was cash in a couple of diamonds "borrowed" from the Skeevers.

With little more than a midair tuck and roll, I vault forward and stick that so-called difficult landing with ease, feeling the tether of the whip slink into my hands as it retracts. Don't look now, but I think I've got a new favorite toy.

"Yeah. You're gonna work out just fine."

Stretching it out, preparing it for the next roof ahead, I sprint for the edge and jump out into the night, feeling the rush of the wind cool the fire in my face. No time to stop now, Selina. You've got an appointment to keep.

After all, a thief's work is never really done, is it?

*CRACK!*

1312095newcat13.jpg

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Dick Grayson/ Robin

.Powers and physical attributes: Dick is a gifted martial artist and amateur gymnast, combined with a natural knack with technology, able to make home-made weapons and equipment out of household gadgets.

Dick Grayson was the son of Richard and Mary, a hero cop and his wife in a city rife with corruption. His mother's death from cancer hardened his heart, as he became anti-social and short-tempered. Losing his mother affected him more deeply than he ever realized....

...and when he lost his father, murdered in the line of duty apparently by the Batman, it drove Dick over the edge. He dedicated his life to finding and killing the masked vigilante, training and equipping himself for what he believed to be a suicide mission that would at best see them both dead.

Dick took to the streets as 'Redbird,' determined to find the Batman, but also taking on thugs from Gotham's crime syndicates along the way, allying briefly with the alien heroine Starfire, and taking under his proverbial wing an impressionable ten-year-old boy named Tim Drake. These, however, were still merely distractions from his main goal of finding and killing Batman.

Redbird finally laid a trap for Batman, wounding the hero with a land mine and nearly beating him to death in the ensuing fight. Before he could end it, however, Dick discovered that he was wrong: his father had been killed by mob-boss Tony Zucco, and the Batman was actually Bruce Wayne, his adopted guardian.

Before he could make up for his mistakes, Wayne Tower was attacked by the ciminal mastermind Bane, and Bruce Wayne had vanished. Dick vowed that he would find him, to either save the Bat, or avenge him. Along with his new mission, Dick assumed a new identity, discarding the moniker of Redbird as he equated it with his mistakes, and thinking of the nickname given to him by his friend Rachel "Raven" Roth: Robin.

As much as it always irks me to see DC games totally lopsided with an excess of Gotham characters, I have to admit it's a cool setting with a lot of cool characters. And out of everyone in Gotham, Dick is far and away my favorite.

Well, for starters, he spent the last year as an obsessively driven attempted murderer. Now, however, as he realizes how wrong he was, he's going to do everything in his power to atone for that, trying to become a legitimate hero under Batman's guidance. Also, he's going to start networking with other heroes his age, possibly forming a teen team of titanic proportions.....

I can bring strong characterizations, complex plots, and impeccable spelling and grammar (it's "a lot," dammit, not "alot").

Dick Grayson prowled the halls of Bruce Wayne's penthouse, having been awoken by the sounds of a struggle, muffled though it was from Miss Cooper's apartment. The signs of a fight were everywhere: toppled furniture, shattered glass.....spatters of blood.

What worried him more was that there was no sign of Mr. Wayne. Someone had attacked Bruce Wayne, attacked Batman, and now......

"It can't be," Dick said to himself. "He's not.......oh my God....Alfred?!"

Dick ran to the old man who lay on the floor, severely beaten. He slapped Mr. Wayne's butler lightly across the face to try and rouse him, and was met with a pained groan.

"Master Wayne?" Alfred sputtered. "No....Master D-...Dick.....run."

"Alfred, what happened? Where's Mister Wayne?!"

"Call the police...." the butler wheezed painfully.

Dick's eyes darted back and forth for a phone, but stopped on something he hadn't seen before: an elevator, its still-open door completely flush with the wall. A secret passageway, then, probably to where Batman kept all of his weapons and equipment.

Seeing that, all of the panic and fear that gripped Dick was replaced by steely determination.

"Whoever it was, if Batman couldn't handle him, the cops don't stand a chance," Dick said, heading towards the elevator. "I'm going to call an ambulance for you.....and then I'm going to find Mister Wayne."

The elevator door slid shut behind Dick, and as it plunged downward through Wayne Tower towards the Cave, Dick Grayson clenched his fists.

For over a year, he hunted Batman, trying to kill him. For over a year, he resented Bruce Wayne, bucking against his authority. Now that man was missing and possibly dead, and Dick vowed to find him at any cost.

He thought of the nickname his classmate Rachel 'Raven' Roth had given him as the door slid open to Batman's headquarters.

Redbird had done everything in his power to kill Batman.

Now, it would be Robin who does everything in his power to save him.

young_justice__robin_by_pikachupanda-d33wvzm.jpg

The Boy Wonder is...

batman1andahalf.png

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Diana Prince/Wonder Woman

Imbued with divine abilities and tools crafted by the gods, Wonder Woman has incredible strength and speed, and can fly through the air on invisible wings. An embodiment of Truth and Liberty, she can see the truth in all things, making her immune to illusion or mind control. Her Gauntlets of Victory are impervious to all attacks physical or magical, and her Lasso of Justice can reach into the minds of the wicked. The form of Wonder Woman is one that must be summoned, however, and in her human form Diana Prince is still very mortal.

There was a time, not as long ago as Men would like to think, when the Gods had the power to shape the Earth. They had this power because Men believed in them, called upon them for protection from the Monsters of the dark. The Gods and the worlds of Magic were once potent and vibrant, and crossed over with the world of Men in places all over the Earth.

Slowly but surely, the Earth changed, as Men strengthened their dominion over it. Science drove out Magic, Logic overruled Faith, and the Gods and Monsters would lose their power.

In the first half of the Twentieth Century, the world of Men began to tear itself apart. War and death ravaged whole continents, and there were many who prayed to their Gods for protection. Unfortunately, the Gods of old were too far gone, too distant to wield their power anymore. So the remaining pantheons did the next best thing:

They created an Angel.

A creature of immaculate beauty and tremendous power, gifted with the perception of the divine, and fueled by a duty to champion Justice and Peace. However, none of the individual pantheons had the power to bring her into the world of Men by themselves. To that end, the old Gods found a new land, one whose people worshiped new Gods: Liberty. Equality. Prosperity. The iconography of the new land's "Lady Liberty," the principles of their "Founding Fathers," and the garish adventurism of their "Justice Society" were the missing piece of the puzzle. Sculpted of the old and wrapped in the new, this Angel would be brought to Earth to be the true hero of the age: the Wonder Woman.

However, the creation was halted by the forces of Darkness, the mystics and occultists of the Third Reich attempting to destroy Wonder Woman in the cosmic plane. Though they could not destroy her, her essence was lost in time, and though the war would end, the world would become a darker place in the years to come.

Some two generations later, a girl was born in Washington D.C. Her parents named her Diana Prince, and she was every bit the perfect American daughter. Exceptionally bright, always active in school and in college, and fiercely passionate in her beliefs, Diana would later enlist in the Army to serve the country she loved.

While helping to rebuild the war-torn nation of Afghanistan, Diana was shot in a roadside ambush. Fatally wounded, she was sure that she would die right then and there. Instead, her eyes were truly opened. Her spirit flowed with power from beyond the world of Men. And her destiny was revealed to her.

She was the Wonder Woman, born too late to stop the horrors for which she was created, but not too late to stop the horrors yet to come.

Returning to America, she left the Army, believing she could do more good at home than abroad. Following in the footsteps of the new champions like Superman and the Flash, Wonder Woman became a crime-fighter and social crusader, traveling across the country to help wherever she could. Behind her charity and her vigilantism, she still has one single-minded goal: to save the world from the war that is just beyond the horizon.

Darkness looms over the world of Men, but not for long. For even though the age of Gods and Monsters is over, it has saved its best for last.

.The burning question - Why this character?: Because Wonder Woman is criminally underrated and needs representation in the games. And also, because I love mythological monsters and whatnot, and Wondy is pretty much tailor-made for that sort of thing.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: She's got her powers from all pantheons, not just the Greeks. And there's no Themyscira, either. From a personal perspective, the death of Steve Trevor and her suddenly becoming a protector/mentor figure for Donna Troy both affect Diana greatly, especially in the season to come.

Apart from what I said in my app for Dick? A disturbingly intense love for pizza rolls.

In the sleeping quarters of the Justice League headquarters in Happy Harbor, Diana Prince tossed fitfully in her sleep. Her head was filled with images, places and people she had never seen.

In her vision, she saw the gods-- all of them, from every pantheon, from every culture, from every primitive man who put a name and face to why the sun came up in the morning. She saw their power fading from the world, their desperation to hold their place in the minds of mortals.

She saw the world ravaged by war, and the gods conferring to take advantage. They would be worshipped again, when their creation saved mankind from itself: the angel and servant of all deities, the Wonder Woman.

She saw men in jackboots and black uniforms, wearing the badges of the SS, casting a spell to stop her creation. She saw the perfect being shattered into pieces, her essence tossed through time and space.

Diana saw herself, the largest shard of the Wonder Woman, coming into the world decades too late.

And she saw others, other fragments of herself, other women with power, now lost and wandering in the world, with no knowledge of their gifts or the dangers that await them.

Diana saw a lithe red-haired woman in Chicago smashing a would-be mugger's face through a cinderblock wall.

In Utah, a tall stocky woman ran towards a horrific traffic accident, lifting a car off the ground by herself to free the victims pinned beneath the wreckage.

In San Francisco, a pale young woman with a silver stripe through her hair looked in horror at a tenement fire, realizing she had drawn that very image earlier that morning.

In Detroit, a black girl with her hair pulled into tight braids reached out and grabbed the knife from a drug addict's hand as he charged her, and, as if she had known the weapon her entire life, slashed across the attacker's chest without effort.

In the backwoods of Florida, a malnourished woman in ragged clothes came across a deer caught in a bear trap. The feral woman laid a hand upon the animal, and within an instant, its wounds were healed.

In Happy Harbor, only a few doors down from where Diana slept, Donna Troy lay wide awake in her bed, uncertain of herself or the world around her.

Diana saw them all, and knew at once their true names. Artemis. Io. Pythia. Philippus. Magala. Troia.

"The pieces of yourself must be found again," the thousands upon thousands of gods, revered or forgotten, said in one voice. "The world of Man will soon face times more evil than it has ever known. The Wonder Woman must be made whole, if the world is to be saved....."

123275125.png

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Catwoman (Selina Kyle)

.Powers and physical attributes: No superhuman powers. Selina's been trained as a gymnast, giving her increased agility and athleticism, and has limited experience in self-defense as a former officer of the law. Wearing a modified version of one of Batman's costumes, she is protected by the same type of armor and boasts a few of the same weapons, such as night-vision goggles, bolas, tasers, and grapples. Her main weapon is all her own, a heavily modified diamond tethered bullwhip that acts as both a weapon and a tool for climbing. In terms of intelligence, she's a skilled thief and boasts some knowledge of Gotham's meaner streets.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): After losing both parents, the first to alchohol and the second to a life of prostitution and heroin abuse, young Selina Kyle was left to the care of a loving elderly woman who had an affinity for cats. Living out a relatively normal life from there, Selina nevertheless harbored a grudge against men for all of the ones that she had encountered in her rough childhood, from her distant father to her mother's sleazy clientele. This resentment only strengthened after she joined the Gotham City Police Department at a young age, experiencing countless forms of harassment and mistreatment at the hands of disrespectful and corrupt officers. Feeling as if she could achieve more as an undercover agent, Selina worked Vice for a year and garnered a reputation among the city's prostitutes. This was where she made a career breakthrough, eventually gaining a much bigger case to tackle. Posing as socialite Holly Robinson, she soon became the trophy girlfriend of longtime gangster Salvatore Maroni, using her cover to collect the evidence to bring him down.

But after being discovered following an attempted sexual assault by Maroni's oldest son, Selina lost all sense of herself as a member of the department when she was forced to kill him. Thrust into a troubled relationship with Lieutenant Edward Nygma, she found herself a target of Maroni's wrath and was nearly killed. That was when her life ultimately changed, as she was rescued from a potentially fatal encounter by The Batman. Inspired by his heroism, she decided to forge her own path as someone who could strike back at the mob and get revenge over Maroni for the hit. Posing as Bruce Wayne's personal bodyguard after being re-assigned, she gained a deeper understanding of her idol when discovering that Wayne and Batman were the same man. Stealing some of his equipment for herself, Selina used the materials to craft a new identity for herself - as the masked thief and professional criminal, Catwoman.

.The burning question - Why this character?: Since Batman isn't going to be at the forefront of my writing in the game for awhile, I needed a reason to keep myself just as heavily invested in Ultimate Gotham in his absence. And what better way is there to do that than embark on something I've been meaning to do for awhile - playing a woman for a change. Specifically, this particular one, because I've always loved Selina's character. No matter what line she's walking on, something's always fascinated me about the level of strength and self-reliance that she's always carried herself with, and I want to see if I can test that in the trials that Gotham will undoubtedly throw out at her.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Well, Eddie Brock's stellar run in the first and second seasons already provided the basics. She was a cop before she became a thief, and she's a fledging vigilante when she isn't trying to steal from the mob. Holly Robinson doesn't exist beyond a cover name, so she's more or less on her own. With Batman taken out, I think what my version of Selina offers is a woman conflicted between her own goals and a sense of duty to a man she barely even knows. This won't be quite an all-out hero like she was in the comics before the relaunch, because that wouldn't make her very fun to write, but I do think that she feels like Catwoman could potentially fill the gap that Batman left behind - even if she's not nessecarily willing to uphold his strict sense of values.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: I've never played a woman before, so I'm interested in exploring the parallels. I also think that when it comes to Gotham characters, my writing and my commitment levels are at their strongest.

I hate this city.

And I'm not just talking about the way the street lamps flicker at night, the rampant car horns at every turn, the record pollution, and those abnoxious cab drivers that make you want to just slip off your five-inch heels and make a marathon for home at the very sight of them. No, those are the menial details lost in the art of the dance that is living in Gotham City. By the time I turned fourteen, I had mastered the dance and thought I'd had this city wired. Every rooftop and alleyway spoke to me like a second language. I knew how to manuever my way through any situation - be it a mugger, some two-bit con, or the unsavory glare of a streetwise pimp. Until I became a cop, that is. Then I had to play by a different set of rules. A code of conduct that came with the badge, giving me an ediquette that meant one of two things - play by the rules or play by their rules.

The more I think about it, maybe it isn't Gotham that I hate after all. It was always the limitations that people in it tried to throw onto my shoulders. With the department, I was always held back. Whether it was a matter of gender preference or the simple fact that I wouldn't take bribes, which made people on the force look at me like I was a disease, they treated me differently than the rest. They would try and gauge my reactions - especially the men, and provoke fights whenever it was clear that I was ready to engage, waiting for the moment that one of my superiors would walk through the door and put me on suspension. Happened enough times to give me quite the record.

Now that I'm free of those sordid attachments? There's only one set of rules for me to follow: Me and mine.

It takes a fraction of a second for me to realize that the next rooftop is trickier than usual to stick a landing. Lots of archetectual nonsense. Smiling to myself as I put forth the acceptance of a challenge, I grab the handle attached at my thigh and produce the new whip I had specially made for tonight. Leather and nylon interlaced with a liquid steel interweave. Strongest stuff I've come across and it cost about as much as you'd expect. But as I strike at the air and hear the crack of the leather, latching itself around the adjacent flagpole, I realize that it was a more than worthy investment. Not that it required any out-of-pocket expenses, of course. All I had to do was cash in a couple of diamonds "borrowed" from the Skeevers.

With little more than a midair tuck and roll, I vault forward and stick that so-called difficult landing with ease, feeling the tether of the whip slink into my hands as it retracts. Don't look now, but I think I've got a new favorite toy.

"Yeah. You're gonna work out just fine."

Stretching it out, preparing it for the next roof ahead, I sprint for the edge and jump out into the night, feeling the rush of the wind cool the fire in my face. No time to stop now, Selina. You've got an appointment to keep.

After all, a thief's work is never really done, is it?

*CRACK!*

1312095newcat13.jpg

guy1.jpg

And Wonder Woman is APPROVED!

But just not Guypproved. :csad:

Aaaaand since we need a little representation on the villain side of things, here's my third character:

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Vandal Savage

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Villain.

.Powers and physical attributes: Vandal Savage possesses unequaled regenerative properties, allowing him to heal nearly instantly from the most grievous and otherwise-fatal wounds. This same regeneration has permanently halted his aging process allowing him to live for thousands of years. In his millennia walking the Earth, he has become a master tactician and strategist, and a master with virtually every weapon known to man.

Those relative few who know of Vandal Savage know very little of him themselves, though there is no shortage of rumor and myth regarding the man. They say he had the ear of Hitler, Napoleon, Ghengis Khan, Alexander the Great, and any number of kings and conquerors, Popes and Caesars. They say he was responsible for the London fires, the Black Death, the fall of Rome. They say he has gone by such infamous names as Jack the Ripper and Vlad the Impaler, and even the biblical Cain, the first murderer.

Only Savage himself knows just how old he is and how much influence he has had over the course of history.....and that is just the way he likes is. All most mortals need to know is that whenever Vandal Savage appears, doom is likely to follow.

Currently, Savage has aligned himself with Lex Luthor's Society, the only group of mortals powerful and ambitious enough for him to find interesting. While Luthor and his compatriots prepare their plans for world domination, Savage has been given a different task: form a team of super-powered psychopaths and monsters, let them loose on the world, and kill the members of the Justice League.

.The burning question - Why this character?: As much as it's absolutely killing me to not immediately re-apply as Lex, the truth is most of Luthor's master plans require a lot of time lurking behind the scenes, and frankly, I want a little spotlight. Savage and his cronies should be a fun all-up-in-your-business deal for a while.

Well, Savage is going to be a pro-active supervillain, whereas most of the time in the comics he's usually content to sit back and watch the mere mortals duke it out. This is his first real war in ages, and he's going to enjoy it.

A villain that will make the Justice League crap its collective pants.

"Escalation is a constant in conflict," said Vandal Savage, casually swirling his brandy as he addressed the individuals aboard his yacht. "One army creates stronger armor, and the other forges blades to pierce it. One side erects heavier fortifications, and the other side engineers weapons to tear them down. From sticks and rocks to smart-bullets and laser satellites, when one side of a conflict raises the stakes, it will always be met by the other side."

Sipping his drink, Savage surveyed his guests.

A bearded man in a flawless three-piece suit looked at him with intrigue, trying to read the immortal man as he subconsciously fiddled with his golden cuff-links in the shape of lightning bolts.

A woman with deathly-pale blue skin and dark blue pixie-cut hair leaned against the wall, her arms crossed, with a skeptical look on her face that belied the eager spark in her eyes.

A thin man with slicked-back red hair scanned the room nervously, patting the head of the robotic monkey at his feet.

The red-haired man's nervous looks went mostly to the large man on the opposite side of the room, his head a bare skull wrapped in sickly green flames.

A second woman, her skin covered in a thin coat of spotted fur, lounged on a sofa in the middle of the room, amused to be in such outlandish company.

Behind them all, an enormous slab of a man with chalky white skin and tattered clothes stared almost vacantly, seeming at best only halfway aware of what was going on.

"The world has seen an influx of extraordinary individuals, self-proclaimed 'heroes' who wish to change the world to their own personal view of utopia," Vandal Savage continued. "Currently, there is no force on Earth that is a match for the Justice League. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the natural response. Welcome, my new friends, to the Legion of Doom."

savage_2185.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"