Stand-Alone Movies The Unrelated Sequels thread

TheDreamMaster

The Night He Came Home...
Reaction score
Since it is unclear if Disney really intends a new SW film every 2-3 or that is just the tentative schedule for Vii-IX, it seems that Disney may pursue more film options outside the sequel trilogy. What do you want to see?

Personally, after seeing his work on Cap, I want to see Joe Johnston get his Boba Fett movie. That would be a truly awesome experience. I think he could really develop the charcter and give him some really good action scenes, show us on film for the first time why Boba truly is feared as the best bounty hunter in the galaxy.

I hope they continue the story with the Sequel Trilogy, after that i would like to see spin-off, like the promised Boba Fett film or even stories set millions of years in the past.

I want Joe Johnston to stop getting non-STV jobs. Having said that, a Boba Fett film after the ST is done would be more than fine by me.

Anyone think we'll ever get a concurrent film. I hate when DC gets harped on for not taking the Marvel route on films, but imagine if they greenlit say Episode VIII and the Johnston's Fett film. At some point in VIII they run across Boba, either as a cameo or minor point in the film, and then incorporate that scene into the story of the concurrent Fett film for why he was there and what he was doing etc.

Nah, i like that idea for comics book films, they should focus on spin-off only after the main trilogy.

Yes, please let JJ film a Boba Fett movie. Just one is all I'm asking for.

I would like to see a CGI film, set in the time of the Old Republic, which expands on the trailer for SWTOR.

Essentially, telling the tale of the sacking of Courscant, and the Return of the Sith.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here is the trailer for SWTOR:

"The Return"
http://youtu.be/mm4JEZudf0c

Other SWTOR Trailers from the same timeline:

"Hope"
http://youtu.be/SAkcolVxDy0

"Deceived"
http://youtu.be/YdgmH9Vv2-I

I love this visual style of CGI they used, to the point where I would pay to see an entire movie done in this style, based on this storyline.

I would like to see a CGI film, set in the time of the Old Republic, which expands on the trailer for SWTOR.

Essentially, telling the tale of the sacking of Courscant, and the Return of the Sith.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here is the trailer for SWTOR:

"The Return"
http://youtu.be/mm4JEZudf0c

Other SWTOR Trailers from the same timeline:

"Hope"
http://youtu.be/SAkcolVxDy0

"Deceived"
http://youtu.be/YdgmH9Vv2-I

I love this visual style of CGI they used, to the point where I would pay to see an entire movie done in this style, based on this storyline.

Speaking of the Old Republic a Darth Raven flick would be sweet.

Anyone think we'll ever get a concurrent film. I hate when DC gets harped on for not taking the Marvel route on films, but imagine if they greenlit say Episode VIII and the Johnston's Fett film. At some point in VIII they run across Boba, either as a cameo or minor point in the film, and then incorporate that scene into the story of the concurrent Fett film for why he was there and what he was doing etc.

I think they should focus on one film at a time. The SW franchise isn't a CBM and never should be.

Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic

Revan - Kit Harington
Basitila - Haley Atwell
Onasi - Karl Urban

Malick - Nicholas Hoult

I'm going to assume any future SW film takes place after the ST.

I'm going to assume any future SW film takes place after the ST.
I'm actually gonna go with the poster up there and say I wouldn't mind a Shadows of the Empire film. However, considering at least Luke and Leia factored in heavly, it may have to be a CGI venture, which I'd actually be ok with in that situation. Harrison wouldn't have to be involved, get Hamill for Luke, Fisher for Leia, Temura for Boba, Steve Blum for Bossk, and fill in from there. Not sure who I'd cast for Xizor. I'd probably actually be cool with Blum for Dash Rendar as the voice actor. Xizor, if they were pulling for big names, maybe Jeremy Irons or Tim Curry.

Kit is not at all what I imagined Revan would look like. No idea if he's a good actor (I hear he's pretty meh in Silent Hill 2, but pretty great in GoT), but visually I imagined Revan as Matthew Fox. Not that I'd want him to play Revan, of course.

But I don't think they should limit themselves to post-ST movies after this trilogy is done. They should omit episode titles and just go with one-offs. Shadows of the Empire, Boba Fett, KotOR. Some of them are definitely elligible to become trilogies or sagas of their own.

Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic

Revan - Kit Harington
Basitila - Haley Atwell
Onasi - Karl Urban

Malick - Nicholas Hoult

Mission Vao - Zoe Kravitz
Saul Karath - Scott Glenn
Darth Bandon - Scott Adkins
Canderous Ordo - Josh Brolin
Juhani - Zoe Bell
HK-47 - Micheal Emerson
Jolee - Ron Glass
Meetra Surik - Jennifer Lawrence
Darth Traya - Tilda Swinton
the Emperor - Ciaran Hinds

Wanted to finish the cast.

There's a rather informative video posted on the Official Star Wars website called 'The Future of Star Wars' in which George Lucas and new Lucasfilm President, Star Wars brand manager, and Executive Producer of the Sequel Trilogy Kathleen Kennedy talk rather candidly about the new films and the future of the SW brand in general, and Lucas makes the distinction between the Sequel Trilogy and what he refers to as 'other films'. This indicates to me that there are plans - albeit nebulous ones - to produce the Sequel Trilogy and then continue to expand the SW franchise on the big screen.

2015 - VII
2017/2018 - VIII
2019/2020 - IX
2021 On...
Shadows of the Empire (animated)
Boba Fett - Robert Rodriguez or Joe Johnston
Tales of the Jedi
Knight of the Old Republic

One day Legacy

2015 - VII
2017/2018 - VIII
2019/2020 - IX
2021 On...
Tales of the Jedi

One day Legacy

Man, I'd be so happy for a schedule like that. I'd love if Disney had an animation department to give us animated versions of all their popular comic series.

And it may as well just be my sig whenever I post about SW, but yes, please let a Joe Johnston make a Boba Fett movie. It'd become my favorite movie of all time instantly.

2015 - VII
2017/2018 - VIII
2019/2020 - IX
2021 On...
Tales of the Jedi

One day Legacy
Yeah :woot:

I would like if they did some direct to DVD films like DC does but i guess that doesn't make much money anymore.

I don't know about all these spinoffs, but I definitely believe that Disney has a second trilogy (X, XI, XII) planned for after the sequel trilogy.

I don't know about all these spinoffs, but I definitely believe that Disney has a second trilogy (X, XI, XII) planned for after the sequel trilogy.
Probably, i wouldn't mind that but for me XII would be the maximum, that's the number Lucas originally had planed and it fits with the serials number of episodes. More than that would be pushing it, i would prefer spin-offs to be made instead of Episodes XIII, XIV and XV

I want unrelated films after the ST. Not saying Disney should listen to me, but leave the Sequel-Sequel Trilogy for another 10 years down the road so hopefully most of us will still be alive to see it, and the next generation has a trilogy to grow up with too. It really fits how it ha splaye dout for the rest of us. But, if they do that, that has to be the Legacy films (even if not related to the comics) since I am sure at least one of the Big 3's actors will have passed on by then(but I hope not) , and if they don't kill them off in the ST, I cannot imagine the actors wanting to come back following them. But I don't think we need another trilogy immediately following the previous one without some time.

I want unrelated films after the ST. Not saying Disney should listen to me, but leave the Sequel-Sequel Trilogy for another 10 years down the road so hopefully most of us will still be alive to see it, and the next generation has a trilogy to grow up with too. It really fits how it ha splaye dout for the rest of us. But, if they do that, that has to be the Legacy films (even if not related to the comics) since I am sure at least one of the Big 3's actors will have passed on by then(but I hope not) , and if they don't kill them off in the ST, I cannot imagine the actors wanting to come back following them. But I don't think we need another trilogy immediately following the previous one without some time.
Agreed, every trilogy should be timed to try to bring a new generation of fans

Unrelated Sequels would be a great way to branch out a bit and try different stuff, giving more control to individual directors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"