The Vicariou5 art thread.

smilelowresri9.jpg

jokerchairlowressb7.jpg

jokerwalklowresya4.jpg

wow! they get increasingly creepier! nice stuff!

The image of two face standing over batman slightly confuses me- is that a manip- or an original? I'm not seeing anything here that reaches that level of quality to be honest.

The image of two face standing over batman slightly confuses me- is that a manip- or an original? I'm not seeing anything here that reaches that level of quality to be honest.

Manip.

The face and other modifications are hand drawn and layered over the original.

Previously when I posted this it was still a WIP, now its done. I wasnt sure which one I liked more, the one with heightened saturation or the muted one. So I'm gonna post both.

punchcolorhighconjn4.jpg

punchcolords1.jpg

CRASH

Thats the sound of my jaw breaking thrue the floor as it drops

This is my most labor intensive piece I've done for the boards. Had a lot of fun with it!

ironmanfinal2lowresfw3.jpg

-------------------------------

Process:

ironmanprogressgr9.jpg

I sketched the base with a mechanical pencil on 8X10 typing paper, scanned it and colored it on photoshop, and finished it up with a few transparent filters. I feel as if this has turned out to be my best work in terms of coloring on the computer!

I made an additional panel and seems like I might eventually finish them as a set of three...or four perhaps. But here it is, with its counterpart; In b/w pencil version, colored finished version, and finally a high contrast version. I seem to have trouble choosing the high contrast over the muted one and vice versa...Each one has its own distinctive qualities...So im posting both!

punchwd9.jpg
punch2xc6.jpg

punchcolords1.jpg
punchcolor2so3.jpg

punchcolorhighconjn4.jpg
punchcolorhighcon2ic2.jpg

:word:

-VICARIOU5-

*I used a Marko Djurdjevic "daredevil" image as reference for my new panel.

Watercolor on cold press paper ( was too big to scan so I took a picture, lost some quality and details in the transfer)

dsc04492xy1.jpg

I applied the cutout filter on photoshop and sorta liked this variation.

dsc04492fbf8.jpg

Never really tested my hand with watercolors in terms of figures, but I decided to change that a few days back when I did the spiderman painting strictly with watercolors. SO last night I started this, and finished it in one sitting. Granted it was a long sitting...

Based on the iconic Alex Ross painting of Batz.

Watercolors on cold press paper...all traditional no Photoshop here.:brucebat:

thebatzlowreshu0.jpg

After scanning the finished painting I threw a filter on it for fun and desaturated it as another version...so below are the rendered versions.

thebatz2bk0.jpg

thebatzbwsy2.jpg

fan-fragging-tastic! great atmosphere! i love the batman vs joker sequence... not so much the anatomies or style on the figures, but the "feel" of the paintings is reminiscent of the recent Sam Keith batman stuff.

I did this cover for a 7 page comic put together by some of the guys in the dark knight fan art forums.

coverbcea6.jpg

I like that you're branching out from Batman pieces lately, Vicariou5.
Your stuff is great. It's nice to have a bit of variety.

I made an additional panel and seems like I might eventually finish them as a set of three...or four perhaps. But here it is, with its counterpart; In b/w pencil version, colored finished version, and finally a high contrast version. I seem to have trouble choosing the high contrast over the muted one and vice versa...Each one has its own distinctive qualities...So im posting both!

punchwd9.jpg
punch2xc6.jpg

punchcolords1.jpg
punchcolor2so3.jpg

punchcolorhighconjn4.jpg
punchcolorhighcon2ic2.jpg

:word:

-VICARIOU5-

*I used a Marko Djurdjevic "daredevil" image as reference for my new panel.

Yes are awesome, the coloring is cool as well.

you make me very happy, sir. keep posting your work. I like seeing your process as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"