The Vicariou5 art thread.

Firstly, THANK YOU all for the kind words.

It may seem like all that I draw is batman related! but thats not the case...I have hundreds of paintings and drawings, all irrelevant to the Super Hero Hype. The dark knight hype got me all excited and i started doing doodles and quick manips. So my early stuff in this thread is mostly loose and has signs of the minimal time i invested in those pieces.

Recently I have been putting a bit more effort in my stuff (the newer posts) and it really dosent have much to do with technique and talent development since even this is a side project i am doing in my spare time. The newer art that I have posted in here is a new style im experimenting with (its rather gritty and has elements of comic illustration and realism mashed together..atleast thats what i was going for).

The new project that i mentioned, is a batman fan comic I am working on with two other artists on the SHH boards...So far its looking amazing. I am done with all my panels and full page blowouts and it wont be long before the other two artists have their art done. We should wrap this project up in the weeks to come.

Heres A link to the Fan comic I worked on with two other artists.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=305658

We linked this to the fan art back in the day but its been lost since then so... Enjoy!

Ill clean up this thread in a week or two and organize the manips from traditional stuff.
Ive also gotta cite the sources for the originals in terms of manips.

Some of my panels from the comic without the speech bubbles and text.

13cr0.jpg

Heres a hi res variant

face2face2pm6.jpg

11mk5.jpg

:yay:

BATMAN ROGUES GALLERY
A PHOTO-MANIPULATION
BY VICARIOU5

This was my first time really doing a photo-manipulation at this scale. It was completely done on photoshop and the project took me about a weeks worth of intense labor. Exhausting and frustrating but I really enjoyed working on each charater bringing them to life from their comic counterparts and the end result...Well I'd rather you decide!

I grounded my feet in the "Nolanverse" but took some heavy liberties on some of the outlandish characters, but in doing so I used the comic incarnations as a guide and so some of the characers are pretty much a realistic translation of how they have appeared in the books and in no way reflect upon how I envision them in this current Nolan franchise.

Each character was meticulously worked on until my notion of perfection. The only character I didnt touch was Batman.

BATMAN ROGUES GALLERY PHOTO MANIPULATION

BY VICARIOU5-2008

batmangalleryshhvicarioks2.jpg

HI RES VERSION :yay: ...with watermarks :csad:

batmangalleryshhvicarioai0.jpg

Now then...I used some the popular casting ideas and and some of my personal picks to fill the shoes of the rogues .​

I'm sure some of you might wanna know who's playing who, so below is a list of villains manipped above with the significant actor.​

Not all of the rogues were casted, some with full face masks or weird conditions are not going to have an actor listed next to them...Use your creative freedom and imagine.​

CAST

From Left to Right-

DEADSHOT (Daniel Day Lewis)
BLACKMASK
HUSH
FIREFLY
PHANTASM
SCARFACE & VENTRILOQUIST (Paul Giamatti)
TALIA AL GHUL (Kate Beckinsale)
RA'S AL GHUL (Liam Neeson)
KILLER CROC (Vin Diesel)
POISON IVY (Charlize Theron)
TWO FACE (Aaron Eckhart)
BANE
BATMAN (Christian Bale)
JOKER (Heath Ledger)
HARLEY-QUINN (Kristen bell)
SCARECROW (Cillian Murphy)
THE RIDDLER (Jude Law)
CATWOMAN (Angelina Jolie)
MR. FREEZE (Daniel Craig)
THE PENGUIN (Philip Seymour Hoffman with a prosthetic nose)
CLAYFACE
DR. HUGO STRANGE (Alfred Molina)
MAD HATTER (Steve Buscemi)
VICTOR ZSASZ (Tim Booth)
DEATHSTROKE
MANBAT

ENJOY.

-Vicariou5-

Im gonna start doing individual wallpapers with the manips i did above. heres two Face, Freeze, Catwoman, & Scarecrow

Enjoy.

twofacewallzr8.jpg

freezewallus3.jpg

catwomanwallpj5.jpg

scarecrowwallax8.jpg

Last edited:
:batman:Vicariou5, I really like how you are giving every villian an individual wallpaper based on your Batman Rogues Gallery.
And as for your other art there all f***ing amazing.
Keep Up the good job.

Last edited:
some really nice work here

right-click save right-click save right-click save :grin:

I really love your work because you use paint for your traditional comic work. it makes your art really stand out.

:batman:Vicariou5, I really like how you are giving every villian an individual wallpaper based on your Batman Rogues Gallery.
And as for your other art there all f***ing amazing.
Keep Up the good job.

some really nice work here

right-click save right-click save right-click save :grin:

I really love your work because you use paint for your traditional comic work. it makes your art really stand out.

ALWAYS APPRECIATED. :yay:

Last edited:
Last two wallpapers in this series.
Thats a wrap!

Batman

batmanwallob8.jpg

Batman & Rogues

rogueswalliz1.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed this set.:yay:

Im tired of manips so im gonna go back to some traditional mediums. Until then! :brucebat:

I have a complaint. I was minding my own business, looking through the forums, and I came across your thread. Your work was so good it blew my socks off. Now I have to go out and buy a new pair. Vicarious5, you owe me $2.99.

After a series of manips, I figured I'd go back to a traditional medium. I really wanted to do a photorealistic drawing of the joker and so here it is.

Mechanical pencil and cretacolor watercolor pencil on a 8X10 typing sheet.

And I decided to do a real quick color job on photoshop.

heresmycardcoloredlowreia4.jpg

Im satisfied with it.

Hope you guys enjoy!

:hoboj: vicariou5-

Last edited:
amazing job vic

oh, and where is penguin's own wallpaper

I never really intended on doing a penguin wallpaper but I needed one more panel for the "rogues" wallpaper so i quickly threw together a composition just for that panel.

Sorry but theres gonna be no penguin wallpaper :csad:

After a series of manips, I figured I'd go back to a traditional medium. I really wanted to do a photorealistic drawing of the joker and so here it is.

Mechanical pencil and cretacolor watercolor pencil on a 8X10 typing sheet.

And I decided to do a real quick color job on photoshop.

heresmycardcoloredlowreia4.jpg

Im satisfied with it.

Hope you guys enjoy!

:hoboj: vicariou5-

Incredible. As per usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"