Arrow "The Vigilante", "The Hood", "GREEN ARROW!" (Name Discussion)

I seriously doubt you'd have people turning off the show if he were dubbed "Green Arrow".Most people would except that was his name and move on.

And that's a good point:Why not call the show "The Hood".Does anyone think that "realistic" moniker would draw in more viewers?

The reason why these names sound corny is because they are. They are titles. But in reality titles gain power through action.

A dude who is kicking ass who calls himself the Green Arrow is badass when you tacking on the ass kicking.

In Batman Begins, Batman works as a name because Bruce says it after he kicked some ass. He could have called himself Ms Elliot and still would have worked.

People know what show they are watching. I wouldn't be surprised if they are just calling the guy Arrow based off the show title.

I'm surprised that they call him The Hood and not The Archer. I would think that the cops/media would run with the fact that he's an archer, not that he wears a hood over his head (that's wierd to me).

Probably something to do with the Dark Archer, and not wanting to sound redundant or some dumb ****, or simply the thought never crossed their minds.

Ok, then how about simply call him The Vigilante, that would still make more sense than "The Hood Guy."

Judging from the Season 2 sizzle reel, they will hopefully at least start calling him Arrow. "The Hood Guy" sounds like a bum that hangs around a liquor store, "The Vigilante" is about as generic as it gets, and DC already has a character called Vigilante. And that would actually be a cool guest star on the show.

Arrow would work as a name. The Archer could also work know that Malcolm is (maybe) dead.

I would have no problem with Green Arrow. I mean it's his name for pete's sake. I'm betting they'll just use "Arrow".

Hey, long as they don't take 9 seasons to call him "Green Arrow", whatever then.

Seriously though, if you want to do a show about a character and then not even call the character by that name let alone let him look like that character, WHY even do a show about that character at all? ****it. It's like somebody lost a bet and HAD to make a tv show about a character they hate, so they barely get their toes wet with it.

I hate that.

He acted like GA, he just doesn't have the name yet, so calm down. The S2 sizzle reel has him saying that he wants a new name, so maybe the name is coming soon.

I think they easily could have used Archer instead of hood. It's just that each is equally reasonable. Neither is less likely. Also calling him the hood though may be the police way to depower the name. He's just some guy in a hoodie. Archer implies skills and more status.

I think they easily could have used Archer instead of hood. It's just that each is equally reasonable. Neither is less likely. Also calling him the hood though may be the police way to depower the name. He's just some guy in a hoodie. Archer implies skills and more status.

There could be legal and/or marketing reasons since there's a certain cartoon that it currently popular called "Archer".

Or maybe, calling him "The Hood" is the creators' way of showing The Cape how a gritty, comic book superhero TV show should be made. Seems to have worked since Summer Glau came over. Now, all they need to do is get Goliath as well. :woot:

He needs to be called Green Arrow now not the hood or masked man or vigilante or anything and he needs a blonde goatee for season 2. Please start calling him Green Arrow or Arrow at least but i would prefer Green Arrow and a new array of arrow weapons, a real green eye mask not the makeup and the hat instead of a hood. They need to change the costume a bit like the original but cool.

Just to add my opinion ... I'd prefer they call him Green Arrow, but I'd be OK with just Arrow (it is after all the name of the show), and you can put me down as one of those who wants to get rid of the makeup and get a real mask (or I'd even accept Smallville type high tech glasses).

Just to add my opinion ... I'd prefer they call him Green Arrow, but I'd be OK with just Arrow (it is after all the name of the show), and you can put me down as one of those who wants to get rid of the makeup and get a real mask (or I'd even accept Smallville type high tech glasses).
Wouldn't that stuff come off if he fell into any kind of liquid, or just was sweating a lot. It seems like a big risk to take. Also, I'm picturing a moment when Oliver has just changed out of his costume, but hasn't removed the spray paint, and someone walks in and sees him with it one and thinks he's a weirdo.

Wouldn't that stuff come off if he fell into any kind of liquid, or just was sweating a lot. It seems like a big risk to take. Also, I'm picturing a moment when Oliver has just changed out of his costume, but hasn't removed the spray paint, and someone walks in and sees him with it one and thinks he's a weirdo.

I don't think we're meant to think too much about those nitty details. It's like how we don't really wonder how or why everyone manages to look so well groomed while on the Island despite lacking modern day amenities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"