Arrow Arrow vs Batman

Theres a ton they can do with Deathstroke. I personally think they're saving him for next season if not the final season. I think it's been made kinda clear by Sarah that he isn't league, although that can always change.

Theres so much going on this year with BC, Blood, Roshev, R'as, Talia etc.. I can see him falling out with Slade on the island by seasons end though.

Would also be pretty cool if Slade is a victim of Dr. Ivo's experiments and has his meta-powers.

^ well I found that death stroke is the biggest they can go, also hope they keep LOA for a couple of seasons but you never know with this show, the pacing is awesome.

Hopefully Deathstroke will be a recurring antagonist rather than one of the seasons big bads. I read somewhere a couple months ago that they intended to kill off the big bads every year and move on to new ones.

Deathstroke better not get killed off. I don't mind some big bads getting killed. You can't keep them all around. And some you can kill, because there are enough backdoors to bring them back. Ra's and his pits for example. And someone like Deathstroke, you can easily get out of the picture for a while, without resorting to kill him. Like having him be approached by Amanda Waller, to join the Suicide Squad.

Exactly this really. The combat is operating on two completely different levels.

Malcolm wasn't a "pawn" like the four Batman took on, but he wasn't exactly the highest ranking member either. We know at the very minimum R'as and Al-Owal were above him.

But in terms of physical strength, aggression, skills, viciousness and what not he was way higher than anything in Begins, including Batman. Barrowman would have kicked the crap out of all of them. Yet if he was cast in begins he would have been toned down to be less impressive than R'as.

Basically Arrow Merlyn > BB R'as... which means that Arrow R'as (who we know is > arrow merlyn) would be almost twice as good in a fight as BB R'as... which makes no sense as it's the same guy so we cannot really compare the two universes.

TV always seems to do combat better than the films do. If they brought Batman into Arrow they would make him at the very least Oliver's equal, which is basically can beat anything else on the show.

I just don't agree with any of this. Arrow has better fights but I attribute that to a fantastic fight choreographer that the Batman movies just did not have. This whole fight is based on the possibility that Arrow and Nolan's Batman share a universe. That Liam Neeson's Ra's Al Ghul is the same Ra's Al Ghul that's in this show. Based on that and how Batman treated all of the guys that Ra's trained, including freaking Ubu who's supposed to be only second to Ra's himself and serves as a decoy Ra's for that very reason, I don't see any reason that Batman can't mop the floor with both Merlyn and Arrow.

If we're judging this based on which had the more impressive fight scenes (the Arrow show vs the Batman movies) then freaking Laurel can beat Batman but I don't think anybody here thinks that's the case...Wait. Do they?

If we're judging this based on which had the more impressive fight scenes (the Arrow show vs the Batman movies) then freaking Laurel can beat Batman but I don't think anybody here thinks that's the case...Wait. Do they?

I think you exaggerate mightily. Batman has had better fight scenes than Laurel and it's not even close.

The Nolan Trilogy was so much more than fights scenes...
And I don't see why do we always have to have one vs other superhero.
I would love to see Batman in the show even if he doesn't fight just because of the great character development. I think it will be great for Ollie to meet someone superior/equal to him that operates in a completely different way motivated by completely different reasons.

I think you exaggerate mightily. Batman has had better fight scenes than Laurel and it's not even close.

I loved the fight scenes in the Batman movies but the last two were a tad lethargic. I preferred the fights in Batman Begins that everybody complained so much about. With that said, Arrow has the better fight choreographer with fights where the camera could pull out and still have the fights look awesome. They're fast paced and brutal and even made Laurel look good.

I don't think Laurel can beat Batman, obviously, but good choreography is good choreography. At this point I feel like it's comparing apples and oranges because despite Batman's feats people still claim him to be a crappy fighter when really it's just the fights that were crappy. A bad choreographer can make Bruce Lee look awful.

"Arrow: Batman you have failed this city!"

I voted that for the lol

Didn't green arrow beat Batman in JLA 125?

I loved the fight scenes in the Batman movies but the last two were a tad lethargic. I preferred the fights in Batman Begins that everybody complained so much about. With that said, Arrow has the better fight choreographer with fights where the camera could pull out and still have the fights look awesome. They're fast paced and brutal and even made Laurel look good.

I don't think Laurel can beat Batman, obviously, but good choreography is good choreography. At this point I feel like it's comparing apples and oranges because despite Batman's feats people still claim him to be a crappy fighter when really it's just the fights that were crappy. A bad choreographer can make Bruce Lee look awful.

I think you have to go by what's onscreen. If the fight choreographer for the Nolan films was inadequate then that's their problem. Nolan had the resources to get whoever he wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"