Arrow Arrow vs Batman

Yeah, I guess that's why Arrow is my favourite superhero, he is awesome But still human.
Night wing may be a better hand 2 hand fighter than ollie, but that doesn't mean he can take down Ollie.

Then what does it mean? :huh:

HAHAHA!!!

And I don't think Arrow could beat Batman, nor should he be able to. What's so wrong about the protagonist having someone who is better than him in every way? I think this would make Arrow even more realistic. He could be the underdog, he could be Rocky to Batman's Apollo Creed(everyone loves the underdog), and realizing there's someone out there who's so far above him in skill-level might be a good way of inspiring him to become an even greater crime fighter. Plus, having Batman there might be a great catalyst to show Oliver that maybe his life wasn't too bad, and have Arrow lean more towards his lighter, wittier comic book counterpart.

Arrow: I was on an island for five years. Had to go through torture, rigorous exercise, and even had to KILL to survive. That's why I'm like this, Bruce!

Batman: You knew your parents for most of your life, one of which is STILL alive. My parents were murdered when I was eight in front of me. And not due to some corporate conspiracy, but because of a mugging that was essentially meaningless. I did and went through everything you did on the island by the time I was eighteen years old, only on a much broader scale by traveling the world....and I did it all by choice... WHAT are you complaining about?

Idk, I think, even at the risk of overshadowing Arrow, those two can make for some stellar character interactions that could develop Arrow's character in a way we've never seen before if done right.

I laugh everytime I read "better in hand to hand combat" "league trained" etc.

Malcolm Merlyn was better than Oli in hand to hand and he was league trained. He was also at least his equal with a bow. He whooped Oli every time they met including their final showdown.

He still got owned.

All of these x vs y threads depend on the variables. We know Oli picks up 110% when he's close to dying and he hears his dad tell him to survive. We know he will stab himself with an arrow so as to kill the other guy etc etc..

Merlyn and the whole island so far basically showed us that Oli will find a way regardless of whether you are superior or not.
Malcolm Merlyn isn't Batman. Batman's not going to stand around and gloat long enough to get an arrow pushed through his throat. Their fights would be like Green Arrow's fights with Merlyn but over and over and over again and probably a lot shorter with the way Batman operates in the shadows. This is strictly speaking of Christopher Nolan's Batman, btw. Green Arrow is awesome, so is Deathstroke, movie Batman would still knock them out cold.

Now Bane vs Green Arrow or Bane vs Deathstroke are fights that I would really like to see. I feel that those are more even matches.

Last edited:
Malcolm Merlyn isn't Batman. Batman's not going to stand around and gloat long enough to get an taro pushed through his throat. Their fights would be like Green Arrow's fights with Merlyn but over and over and over again and probably a lot shorter with the way Batman operates in the shadows. This is strictly speaking of Christopher Nolan's Batman, btw. Green Arrow is awesome, so is Deathstroke, movie Batman would still knock them out cold.

Now Bane vs Green Arrow or Bane vs Deathstroke are fights that I would really like to see. I feel that those are more even matches.

No way does 'movie' batman beat this arrow. he sucked at fighting in the dark knight trilogy, he was slow and heavy which I don't think batman is supposed to be.

No way does 'movie' batman beat this arrow. he sucked at fighting in the dark knight trilogy, he was slow and heavy which I don't think batman is supposed to be.

And he would still pull Green Arrow out of the darkness and drop him on a car out of a third story window. Forget what he's supposed to be. Look at what he is. A creature who most of his opponents could not even see far less for making out the fact that he's a man. The same guy who defeated the leader of the League of Assassins/Shadows and his spawn. Green Arrow had trouble with one Malcolm Merlyn. Batman said himself "I can handle two of your pawns." and proceeded to handle four. Meryln was a pawn, Meryln would lose to Batman, as would Green Arrow.

I'm not a Batman fanboy. I'm just going based on what was shown in the movies and this series and not the level of entertainment the fight scenes in either one provided.

Nah, Nolans Batman would take Ollie down too. And the music would be awesome while he would do that.

^ nah, wasn't nolans batman severely toned down from the comics? The fighting on this show is the best action I've seen on tv and most movies.

Ollie had trouble with one member of the League of Assassins (after three tries, having to almost fatally injure himself on the last one) and he's supposed to manhandle a guy who can annihilate four of them in less than 20 seconds? Is this a joke?

Ollie had trouble with one member of the League of Assassins (after three tries, having to almost fatally injure himself on the last one) and he's supposed to manhandle a guy who can annihilate four of them in less than 20 seconds? Is this a joke?

I don't think Malcolm is your average LOA member, and judging by the promo for the 5th episode, it looks like Ollie will take down more than just 4 members of the LOA.

Tv green arrow > movie batman.

I prefer Oliver to movie Batman, yes, and he has a better fight choreographer; but based on just their feats of power, Oliver is in over his head. I'll wait to see how he fights off LOA members but so far just one of these guys is scary enough for him. In fact I'm pretty sure his major victory this season will be a result of help from many other heroes (since this season is City Of Heroes). I do not see Green Arrow defeating Ra's by himself.

I mean I think the fights in this show are better than in Captain America: The First Avenger but Cap would still mop the floor with Ollie. Bad fight choreography is just bad fight choreography.

Nolan's Batman took down quite a few League of Shadows members , taking them down at the same time in both BB and TDKR.

Nolan Batman would take down Ollie and Ollie would be all "Why! my beautiful pecks!!!"

Hans Zimmers score would make it epic too :).

...and i do enjoy the Arrow series :).

Last edited:
That depends on if the guys he fights are anything like the LOA member that Sara killed in about 2 seconds with no fighting necessary.

From the promo pics it looks he's going up against a Master and he just catches Ollie's arrow mid air. So I guess we'll have to wait and see how well he does against the better trained assassins. Plus he'll have a former member on his side fighting with him.

I'm not sure if I can see Batman himself appearing on Arrow. I know Huntress already appeared last season since she's a Batman character and they want Nightwing there as well.

I always felt that Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman should be used on the big screen and the lesser-known heroes like Flash and Green Arrow be used for the small screen.

I laugh everytime I read "better in hand to hand combat" "league trained" etc.

Malcolm Merlyn was better than Oli in hand to hand and he was league trained. He was also at least his equal with a bow. He whooped Oli every time they met including their final showdown.

He still got owned.

All of these x vs y threads depend on the variables. We know Oli picks up 110% when he's close to dying and he hears his dad tell him to survive. We know he will stab himself with an arrow so as to kill the other guy etc etc..

Merlyn and the whole island so far basically showed us that Oli will find a way regardless of whether you are superior or not.

The exact same argument applies to Batman and in much greater spades. Batman is infinitely more obsessed with and more motivated by his parents' death than Oliver is. Oliver is at least more mentally stable and still tries to enjoy his life to a greater extent than Bruce does.

Diffrent universes my man, Malcom would have mopped the floor with Ras from BB and Batman from BB. If there is a Batman in the arrow verse then gawd dam he will be a beast. So far Ollie from Arrow is better than Batman from begins.

Diffrent universes my man, Malcom would have mopped the floor with Ras from BB and Batman from BB. If there is a Batman in the arrow verse then gawd dam he will be a beast. So far Ollie from Arrow is better than Batman from begins.

Yeah, I'm yet to see a live movie version of batman fight like he does he the comics, if anyone could get right, I fell arrow would be that one.

If Batman lost, her should change his name to Black Boomerang.

Exactly this really. The combat is operating on two completely different levels.

Malcolm wasn't a "pawn" like the four Batman took on, but he wasn't exactly the highest ranking member either. We know at the very minimum R'as and Al-Owal were above him.

But in terms of physical strength, aggression, skills, viciousness and what not he was way higher than anything in Begins, including Batman. Barrowman would have kicked the crap out of all of them. Yet if he was cast in begins he would have been toned down to be less impressive than R'as.

Basically Arrow Merlyn > BB R'as... which means that Arrow R'as (who we know is > arrow merlyn) would be almost twice as good in a fight as BB R'as... which makes no sense as it's the same guy so we cannot really compare the two universes.

TV always seems to do combat better than the films do. If they brought Batman into Arrow they would make him at the very least Oliver's equal, which is basically can beat anything else on the show.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see how powerful ras is if he shows :)

I don't think Ra's or the LOA will be the big bads this season. It seems way too big for season 2. How do you go bigger than the LOA for seasons 3 - 5? Isabel Rochev and Brother Blood are presumably the main villains of this season, with the LOA only being introduced.

^ well I found that death stroke is the biggest they can go, also hope they keep LOA for a couple of seasons but you never know with this show, the pacing is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"