The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as the Governor-Michonne arc(s) were on the show, their rivalry in the comics was stomach-churning brilliance.

Oh yes. Not to give away any spoilers but my god some of the things that happen between them. I don't think they could have got away with some of them in this show.

TV Carol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Comic Andrea/Tyreese/Carl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TV Andrea/Tyreese/Carl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Comic Carol

It all evens out. :o

Carol is the only character who is better than her comic book counterpart, and it took her over 3 seasons to get there. So I don't see how one improved character evens anything out. And in no way is she better than comic Andrea, Tyreese and Carl combined. Sorry but no way.

And honestly, I prefer TV Governor. Comic Gov was fantastic for shock value, but TV Gov actually had layers.

What you call adding layers, I call softening him.
I didn't need to see wasted filler episodes of him go doe eyed taking a surrogate family under his wing. I got that he had a sense of family with his warped love for his zombie daughter.

Last edited:
Tyreese may have forgiven Carol, but I still haven't. :o

And honestly, I prefer TV Governor. Comic Gov was fantastic for shock value, but TV Gov actually had layers.
Agreed. Not that he was bad in the comics, but the TV version just added so much to the character to me. He wasn't just a 100% evil one-note villain like the comics version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"