The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more I think that Tyreese should have died at the beginning of season 5 instead of Bob. It would have made SO much more sense.

Tyreese dying because he inadvertently caused his own demise by not killing that Terminus guy in the cabin. Would have made much more sense, considering the story arc that they were trying to build up with Tyreese.

Tyreese hallucinating about the Governor was just some silly, pandering fanservice to the comic book fans, since the Governor killed him in the comics and such. So. Stupid.

Bob would have died anyway though, he had been bitten before he was caught by the cannibals. Tyrese's death would have worked much better if it had been at the end of the season where they could develop his character and lean into his end. And if the actual situation hadn't been so contrived, i.e. Noah somehow getting away with a hurt leg and Tyrese getting got by a small child zombie that he already knew was there. The guy who took out a whole horde by himself. How (in)convenient. Bob's death was handled much, much better.

Bob would have died anyway though, he had been bitten before he was caught by the cannibals. Tyrese's death would have worked much better if it had been at the end of the season where they could develop his character and lean into his end. And if the actual situation hadn't been so contrived, i.e. Noah somehow getting away with a hurt leg and Tyrese getting got by a small child zombie that he already knew was there. The guy who took out a whole horde by himself. How (in)convenient. Bob's death was handled much, much better.

Oh, I agree with this. I was trying to convey that if they were going to kill off Tyreese without fully developing him or his story, then having him be killed at the beginning of season 5 instead of Bob would have made more sense than what actually took place. I didn't specify that in my original post about this topic; my apologies!

At the very least, it would have definitely been a gruesome moment for Tyreese to learn the hard way that the way he did things in this world may have not been the correct way; that him refusing to kill the Terminus guy in the cabin (and lying about it) inadvertently led to his leg being eaten.

Last edited:
Photo manip I did of Jeff Chase as Negan:

eff3cf09-831b-43e5-98e6-bd9952582e5f_zpssg8icff4.jpg

to everyone saying the whole, 'they keep killing off black people': maybe the show is truly color blind and doesn't acknowledge the skin color of the people they kill off, so even if there's been a streak of black deaths to them it's just a streak of deaths, period

You could also say they've killed a lot of blonde white girls. I think the issue is that having a black character die shortly after another one joins the group is just odd to say the least. The show runners might not be consciously aware of this

You could also say they've killed a lot of blonde white girls. I think the issue is that having a black character die shortly after another one joins the group is just odd to say the least. The show runners might not be consciously aware of this

then it means they aren't doing it on purpose.

They've killed off so many, it's a lot to keep track of.

I like the tension between characters right now. Michonne is on the verge of stomping Sasha, Sasha resents Noah due to Ty's death, and Abraham is barely tolerating Eugene.

After re-watching the encore of last week's episode the group wasn’t actually pouring dirt on Tyreese’s grave but Beth‘s. B/c Glenn, Rick, Maggie, Tara, Rosita were wearing the same attire they wore at Atlanta. Glenn and Rick weren’t wearing the same outfit in Virginia, where Tyreese died. So I think they replaced Beth’s funeral with Tyreese’s.

I like the tension between characters right now. Michonne is on the verge of stomping Sasha, Sasha resents Noah due to Ty's death, and Abraham is barely tolerating Eugene.

Can you blame her? Noah is the new Carl. Just whiny, not really whiny but annoying. I think when the zombies do get him, it's going to be a great day. I think Negan getting rid of him will be a great way to introduce him.

For any comic readers here, is issue #127 a good jumping on point? I want to get into the comics but reading over a 100 issues is tedious, especially when you know particular characters die etc. If not, should I just buy the $70-80 compendiums?

The final shot of the ep with Sasha and Maggie pointing there guns to the sunset backdrop was great.

For any comic readers here, is issue #127 a good jumping on point? I want to get into the comics but reading over a 100 issues is tedious, especially when you know particular characters die etc. If not, should I just buy the $70-80 compendiums?

Believe me some of the characters who have died in the show are still alive in the comic. That's what I like about the show. It doesn't follow the comic down to the letter. It can still deliver it's own surprises.

If you want my opinion I say collect the compendiums and read it from the start. While I love the show the comic book is far superior. Most of the storylines are more thrilling and hardcore than the show has done. Most of the characters are better, too (Andrea, Tyreese, Carl etc). The Governor is even nastier. Morrissey was awesome, but the comic book Governor makes him look like a boyscout.

Believe me some of the characters who have died in the show are still alive in the comic. That's what I like about the show. It doesn't follow the comic down to the letter. It can still deliver it's own surprises.

If you want my opinion I say collect the compendiums and read it from the start. While I love the show the comic book is far superior. Most of the storylines are more thrilling and hardcore than the show has done. Most of the characters are better, too (Andrea, Tyreese, Carl etc). The Governor is even nastier. Morrissey was awesome, but the comic book Governor makes him look like a boyscout.

Looks like it's time to save some money!

Yeah. Sasha can die now.

I get the feeling we'll see a surrogate sisterhood between Sasha and Maggie since they both recently lost siblings. Although Sasha is going to purchase a serious beatdown from Michonne if she keeps being reckless.

The final shot of the ep with Sasha and Maggie pointing there guns to the sunset backdrop was great.

I rewatched that numerous times. It was gorgeous, as was the shot of the group all walking down the road in a line.

As good as the Governor-Michonne arc(s) were on the show, their rivalry in the comics was stomach-churning brilliance.

Looks like it's time to save some money!

The comics are certainly worth your time and money. It's some of the smartest CB writing you'll ever read. It really captures all the aspects of a societal breakdown and the reverted way of life with the added threat of relentless zombies.

TV Carol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Comic Andrea/Tyreese/Carl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TV Andrea/Tyreese/Carl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Comic Carol

It all evens out. :o

And honestly, I prefer TV Governor. Comic Gov was fantastic for shock value, but TV Gov actually had layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"