The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 3 "Thank You" Discussion Thread

The next episode is a 90-minute flashback with Morgan. I doubt we'll see his fate, unless it's the end and Morgan comes in to save Glen.
According to Spoiling Dead on facebook, we see Glenn again by ep 7.

What an episode! This season has been amazing so far, I honestly thought Glenn was dead until I came here, though thinking about it, it's not a surprise that he isn't the way it was framed. And Rick is just such a bad ass now a days, my favourite character now by some way, the scenes of him going nuts always have me cheering now!

If Glenn isn't dead (which I'd argue he isn't) he's likely mortally wounded under that dumpster. Waiting for Maggie's inevitable moment of bereavement.

I didn't understand what was happening with Rick and his wound on his left hand. Anyone care to explain? Also, before he was attacked by the Wolves he acted like he was gonna announce something on radio.

When Rick came upon those few walkers on the road, he went to hold one/push one off with his left hand. There was a machete through the walkers chest and it cut ricks hand.

It's funny reading comments about this online. Apparently if Glen did die, it was the lamest death ever and yet if he lived, it's a total cop-out. Par for the course with TWD fans, I guess.

Yep exactly. Anything to ***** about.

Can someone care to explain what happened to Nicholas? And what led him to say "Thank You" to Glenn moments before [BLACKOUT]shooting himself[/BLACKOUT]

Also, anyone else think that they could've made out of that dead end by jumping onto that fence on the side of them? Getting on top of the dumpster gave them plenty of height to make the jump.

Wasn't that fence covered in barbed wire at the top? And there were walkers if I recall on the other side of the fence As well.

Wasn't that fence covered in barbed wire at the top?

That was the fence behind them where more walkers were. The fence on the side of them didn't have any barbed wire on it. And they were close enough

It's funny reading comments about this online. Apparently if Glen did die, it was the lamest death ever and yet if he lived, it's a total cop-out. Par for the course with TWD fans, I guess.

I'm kind of surprised how pissy the supposedly legit TV journalists out there are being. Like if he's dead, f*** TWD, he deserved a bigger death than that, WHAT ABOUT NEGAN?!?!? And if he's alive, TWD HOW CAN WE EVER TRUST YOU AGAIN, YOU'RE NOT GAME OF THRONES!!!!!

It's like, okay, no, they're not Game of Thrones, and whatever outcome we have here will almost certainly be nothing like the outcome of Jon Snow's death. The Red Priestess isn't going to swoop in and give Glenn second life here. It was shot quite ambiguously. We couldn't actually tell if they were ripping the innards out of him or not. When they fell, Nicholas was on top of him. That's their out. It won't be done with wizardry, FFS.

And people act like this s*** is something the comic would have never done. Are we suddenly forgetting the issue where Tyreese was surrounded by an entire gymnasium of walkers, was presumed dead and then ended up surviving without as much as a scratch?

I'm not gonna say this wasn't a bit trolly of the writers, but I'm almost certain that anything the show's fans and critics are saying now also came up in the writer's room when they were putting this all together. Just chill the hell out, people.

Well the fact is that in an environment like this we have to expect character death whether we like it or not. :(

I'm still mad, and what was up with the baby food in homeboys coat pocket?

I'm still mad, and what was up with the baby food in homeboys coat pocket?

Just to show he was at Alexandria (that was the same homeboy Morgan let go who took a gun off a body on his way out).

I'm kind of surprised how pissy the supposedly legit TV journalists out there are being. Like if he's dead, f*** TWD, he deserved a bigger death than that, WHAT ABOUT NEGAN?!?!? And if he's alive, TWD HOW CAN WE EVER TRUST YOU AGAIN, YOU'RE NOT GAME OF THRONES!!!!!

It's like, okay, no, they're not Game of Thrones, and whatever outcome we have here will almost certainly be nothing like the outcome of Jon Snow's death. The Red Priestess isn't going to swoop in and give Glenn second life here. It was shot quite ambiguously. We couldn't actually tell if they were ripping the innards out of him or not. When they fell, Nicholas was on top of him. That's their out. It won't be done with wizardry, FFS.

And people act like this s*** is something the comic would have never done. Are we suddenly forgetting the issue where Tyreese was surrounded by an entire gymnasium of walkers, was presumed dead and then ended up surviving without as much as a scratch?

I'm not gonna say this wasn't a bit trolly of the writers, but I'm almost certain that anything the show's fans and critics are saying now also came up in the writer's room when they were putting this all together. Just chill the hell out, people.

Unpopular opinion, but ... I think The Walking Dead is WAY better than Game of Thrones could ever hope to be. So, damn right TWD isn't GoT. That's why I enjoy it so much more. :o

Also, I've done my share of complaining about character deaths before (during what I think are the "lesser parts" of the series). If Glenn is dead, I'm not ticked off. I thought it was well-done, because of how frustratingly tragic it is. Glenn didn't do anything to deserve it; he DID deserve more than that. I'm pretty sure that's what the show is going for. It's a death that "guts" you (pun somewhat intended).

Also, Robert Kirkman has said several times that he enjoys when things are changed up for the TV series instead of just following the comic book 100%. That way, the audience is consistently surprised. For something like a zombie/horror show, I like it when things are changed up a bit; element of surprise, and all.

Whether Glenn is alive or not, I'll be shocked if he receives that brutal death from Negan/Lucille. I'm expecting that death to happen to Daryl or Morgan, to be honest. Glenn was the fan-favorite from the comics (to my understanding) ... Daryl and Morgan are fan-favorites for the show (especially Daryl, obviously) ...

That would be because both of those options are garbage. It's a terribly contrived and anti-climactic way to kill such an integral character if he is dead and if he isn't it's a completely pointless bait-and-switch. It would really stretch believability to have him somehow not get eaten by that horde even if Nicolas' corpse is getting consumed right on top of him. But whether he's dead or alive the whole scene is just another stale, redundant illustration of the only thematic question this show has ever been interested in, one that it keeps answering with the same nihilism every time. We get it, you can't be a good person in the zombie apocalypse. Honestly, most of the criticism of this show over the years has been valid. This situation is just another in a long line of mishandled "big" moments. Probably the worst since Beth's idiotic death. Or maybe Tyrese's.

That would be because both of those options are garbage. It's a terribly contrived and anti-climactic way to kill such an integral character if he is dead and if he isn't it's a completely pointless bait-and-switch. It would really stretch believability to have him somehow not get eaten by that horde even if Nicolas' corpse is getting consumed right on top of him. But whether he's dead or alive the whole scene is just another stale, redundant illustration of the only thematic question this show has ever been interested in, one that it keeps answering with the same nihilism every time. We get it, you can't be a good person in the zombie apocalypse. Honestly, most of the criticism of this show over the years has been valid. This situation is just another in a long line of mishandled "big" moments. Probably the worst since Beth's idiotic death. Or maybe Tyrese's.

I disagree if he is dead. The fact that it was just bad luck and his mercy (in taking that guy along with him) that lead to his death is something I think is great. Also, they didn't have to bend logic for him to get killed, like Tyrese. (The Walkers wait to attack now? Despite Tyrese making noise to lure them out. Seriously?)

It's a ballsy move, but if they do kill him it'll return some much needed fear to the show. I haven't believed that the core group is ever really in danger for a few seasons now. They've only killed off characters that you weren't surprised died, (Hershel and Dale...old mentor types never last long. Or Shane, cuz...well yeah. We all knew he wasn't going to stay around long term). Characters that most people weren't too attached to, (T-Dog, Beth), characters that hadn't been around long enough for you to get that attached to (too many to list), or characters we all wanted to see die. (Lori, Andrea.)

They haven't killed off a main player that's a fan favorite yet. Glenn would be the first real time that's happened, and it's long overdue. The fact that it wasn't some heroic death adds to it as well. This is a survival show, and the danger of the world they live in needs to be felt again. Glenn dying would bring that back, by showing what bum luck and possibly poor judgement can do to you.

Glenn isn't dead. That's far more likely than Glenn dying. It's no accident we see the guys body fall on him and the fact that it appears the intestines are coming out of Glenn's neck :)

I couldn’t disagree more.

If Glenn survives, it serves two important purposes. First off, it will clearly affect him in a major way – that’s the closest to death any character has faced thus far. It will be the start of a major character arc for the season; look at how messed up he was watching Noah die, and now he literally experiences a crowd of walkers eating someone ON TOP of him. That would screw up the most resilient of people. Secondly, seeing him miraculously survive against the odds will lure viewers into a false sense of security…”he survived THIS, so surely he will be okay for a long time”, which would [BLACKOUT]make his encounter with Negan all the more horrific. [/BLACKOUT]

On the other hand, if he does die, it will be a new and fresh death. Where most characters die in a blaze of glory in front of the group, it shows that life is cruel and you can just as easily die alone without meaning.

Both options are highly interesting to me.

If Glen survived that fall into the hoard, its gonna take a lot of explaining...He's clearly reacting as if he's being eaten, not the other guy...and even if it is the other guy being eaten, he's quickly gonna be next, there's no where to go...and it would be the most ridiculous scenario to rescue him in that situation...he's needs to be dead...

Not really. He's right next to the dumpster, which has enough space underneath for Glenn to crawl under. He could hide there until the walkers thin out enough for him to escape, or until someone (possibly Jesus) comes along to help. He'd just have to hurry and move before the walkers stop eating Nicholas and move to him.

Not really. He's right next to the dumpster, which has enough space underneath for Glenn to crawl under. He could hide there until the walkers thin out enough for him to escape, or until someone (possibly Jesus) comes along to help. He'd just have to hurry and move before the walkers stop eating Nicholas and move to him.

100+ Zombies, they'll eat the other guy in like 60 seconds...if they can crawl under a tank to get at Rick they can crawl wherever Glen does to get him...putting him in that situation, only to have him somehow saved is pretty f-ing stupid...realistically, he'd be a goner 1000 times over...either bitten or killed...If you want him to survive, then you are just creating a stupid scenario where he does...

if someone plowed into the herd with a big truck and crushed them, maybe he'd survive if he didn't get run over too...otherwise I don't see how...without making it implausible, and alienating the audience!!!

Seeing the gif of that overhead shot of all the walkers feeding, you can see that a lot of them are held back because of how many of them there are, you see them trying to reach, so it's totally plausible that Glenn manages to slip out and gets under the dumpster. Thing is, either scenario, some of the fanboys will just be furious, they do whatever the hell they want, every TV show, every movie has convenient plot points or actions, because, yeah, the writer basically chooses how he wants to get there.

Anyway, I feel like this is all moot considering those set photos.

If Glen survived that fall into the hoard, its gonna take a lot of explaining...He's clearly reacting as if he's being eaten, not the other guy...and even if it is the other guy being eaten, he's quickly gonna be next, there's no where to go...and it would be the most ridiculous scenario to rescue him in that situation...he's needs to be dead...

he's not clearly reacting as if he is being eaten. watch it again. it's a reaction of shock and fear not of pain.

Needless to say also that he wouldn't be alive at that point, hem :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back