The Warlords - Info, pics, trailers, etc.

Reaction score
I'm really excited about this one.
It's a remake of Chang Cheh's classic "The Blood Brothers".
It's got Jet Li, Andy Lau, Takeshi Kaneshiro and Xu Jinglei.
Directed by Peter Chan.
The story and acting seem really good, in fact, director Peter Chan was very surprised at Jet Li's dramatic ability.
The action is directed by Ching Siu Tung (Curse of the Golden Flower, House of Flying Daggers, Hero, Shaolin Soccer, Blacksheep affair, etc)
but if you're expecting a high flying wire fu spectacle, you're in for a surprise, cause the action here is raw, violent and wire-fu free.
I think it looks great!
Here's some info...
-----

It's a heroic tale of three blood brothers and their struggle in the midst of war and political upheaval. It is based on "The Assassination of Ma," a Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) story about the killing of general Ma Xinyi. The story was filmed by Zhang Che in 1973 as The Blood Brothers.

The film is set in the 1860s, during the Taiping Rebellion in the late Qing Dynasty in China. The story, based on an unresolved crime, tells of three sworn brothers (played by Andy Lau, Jet Li and Takeshi Kaneshiro) who turn against one another over a beautiful woman (Xu Jinglei).

Trailers:

Trailer 1 (No dialogue, badass)

Trailer 2 (No subs :(, but still awesome)

Trailer 3 (Longer trailer, english subtitles, more drama oriented with some action)

warlordsnewposter1toedeblog.jpg
xin_3320904080851531918221.jpg
warlordsposter07ji9.jpg

warsj1.jpg

Bonus pic: Xu Jinglei :heart:

U105P28T3D466208F326DT20040806162700.JPG

Holy kabuki that girl is hawt.

Movie looks good, too.

I will

Ban.

Your.

Face.

:cmad:

Looks awesome, look forward to this. :up:

Takeshi Kaneshiro is the sexiest mofo in the world... for serious.

I can't wait.

mmmmmmm I agree.....oh wait your a girl......you were serious......awkward.......

Glad this thread got bumped, it reminded me to pick a copy up, it's currently selling for the insanely good value price of £5.

Where are you finding a copy?? I'm in the US and as far as I know, it aint available here

****** I don't have a multi-region DVD player. They need to hurry up and release this film in the states

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"