Bilgen Snipe - the big beasts of T:TDW thread

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
I know a lot is going on in T:TDW. Malekith, Kurse, the Marauders, Loki.
But I do believe there might be room for one or two huge monster-like creatures. The first movie had the big Jotun Icemonster that Thor fights. Somehow I expect something similar to that scene in the sequel.
So what do you think? What do you want to see? Which beasts could be featured in T:TDW or do you prefer no huge monsters at all?

Would be nice if the Frost Giants where actually Giants....
throws-HIMSELF-through.jpeg

How about Fafnir? I want to see Thor fighting a dragon. Sometimes, somehow.

392px-Thorvs.Fafnir.jpg

Would be nice if the Frost Giants where actually Giants....
throws-HIMSELF-through.jpeg

The artist got that wrong. That's an Ice Giant. Big (pun intended) difference. Thor's Frost Giants were pretty close to the way they're actually portrayed in the comics.

But on the subject of giants, I still believe in a Fire Giant named Surtur for this movie.

maybe a peak of Surtur because the use of Dark magic/Dark world and so on leads me to believe that somehow we'll see alot of Those who sit above in Shadow besides Dark Elves.

maybe a peak of Surtur because the use of Dark magic/Dark world and so on leads me to believe that somehow we'll see alot of Those who sit above in Shadow besides Dark Elves.

I agree, because that also seems to be the way it was staged in the Simonson run: a lot of foreshadowing of "DOOM!!" before Surtur actually attacked.

I agree, because that also seems to be the way it was staged in the Simonson run: a lot of foreshadowing of "DOOM!!" before Surtur actually attacked.
Yup. I need some art tho....I'm getting Antsy what everything will look like. lol

I think Fafnir would be pretty awesome and an actual Bilgesnipe that Thor referenced in The Avengers.

A scene where Thor's stops one in it's tracks by grabbing it's horns while giving it a "disgusted" look would be sweet.

Were bilge snipe ever actual creatures from the comics, or was that purely a joke?

Were bilge snipe ever actual creatures from the comics, or was that purely a joke?

I think it was a joke, or at least, a throwaway line from Whedon.

There's nothing on marvel.com or marvel.wikia.com about it.

urbandictionary.com gives us this definition for "bilge snipe":
"A naval term for the people on ships who work below decks, in engine rooms, bilges, etc. These sailors have been known to get nose bleeds when they go above waterline."

Also known as bilge rats per this site: http://oldsnipe.com/

So ironically, Coulson had a better chance of knowing what a bilge snipe was than Thor did.

Last edited:
I totally misread the thread title. Big beasts makes a lot more sense.

I think Fafnir would be pretty awesome and an actual Bilgesnipe that Thor referenced in The Avengers.

A scene where Thor's stops one in it's tracks by grabbing it's horns while giving it a "disgusted" look would be sweet.

You mean antlers. :cwink:

Oh ok I didn't remember if he said antlers or horns, I'm not one of those guys who remembers ever line verbatim.

Yep, neither am I. I didn't even think he called the thing a Bilgesnipe at first until someone here corrected me.

as long as they are sufficiently repulsive, I would love to see a bilgesnipe in TDW.

raise your hand if youre here because you read the title "big breasts of T:TDW"

A tad too young for this Ol' fart, Prox. lol

Still listening to I Ran by A Flock of Seagulls. There's just something quite hypnotic about that song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"