Bilgen Snipe - the big beasts of T:TDW thread

Yes! This one in particular.
SmnGbwZ.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. that seems sort of similar to the comics version I'd seen of Ymir too.

of course, just because the coulds are always around making snow. :D

This Ice Giant casting is good news. There's some cool concepts on that site.

Email_Ice_Giant_King_painting_2_Completed.sized.jpg

Email_Ice_Giant_King_painting_tweaked.sized.jpg

If they do use actual Ice Giants I would prefer to see them as actual giants of 30-50 ft unlike the 8-10 foot Frost Giants.

well hopefully they will use some of these really cool old Frost Giant concept art for the Ice Giants, because there should be an element of them that is similar to the Frost giants (red eyes for instance) because the Frost Giants are descended from the Ice Giants supposedly, and yet I agree they should be much bigger. The guy playing an Ice Giant in Thor 2 is only 5 ft 8 or 9 if I recall, and would seem to be on the thinner side, certainly not a big hulking guy as some of the Frost Giants were. So a more thin body, appearing to be made more of ice and snow, and yet a few similarities with the Frost Giants.

well hopefully they will use some of these really cool old Frost Giant concept art for the Ice Giants, because there should be an element of them that is similar to the Frost giants (red eyes for instance) because the Frost Giants are descended from the Ice Giants supposedly, and yet I agree they should be much bigger. The guy playing an Ice Giant in Thor 2 is only 5 ft 8 or 9 if I recall, and would seem to be on the thinner side, certainly not a big hulking guy as some of the Frost Giants were. So a more thin body, appearing to be made more of ice and snow, and yet a few similarities with the Frost Giants.

yeah. Doesn't mean he can't be 30+feet tall though. Just curious, where is that concept art from? Or what is it from?

Those are from the link I posted at the top of this page. :oldrazz:

oh I know. But like, I mean are they fan art? Or are the legitimate concept art for the thor 1 movie? (since thor 1 didn't have ice giants. it had frost giants)

I'm not positive but I think it was done for Thor 1 officially yes. I have noticed people refer to the Frost Giants as Ice Giants sometimes. That's the only thing that makes me wonder if this guy listed as an Ice Giant in Thor 2, *might* actually be a Frost Giant. But at the same time his weight height and look makes it seems like it's likely not a Frost Giant, I think... wish another of whatever he is would get listed somewhere so we'd know for sure. LOL

I'm not positive but I think it was done for Thor 1 officially yes. I have noticed people refer to the Frost Giants as Ice Giants sometimes. That's the only thing that makes me wonder if this guy listed as an Ice Giant in Thor 2, *might* actually be a Frost Giant. But at the same time his weight height and look makes it seems like it's likely not a Frost Giant, I think... wish another of whatever he is would get listed somewhere so we'd know for sure. LOL

yeah maybe. Cause ice giants and frost giants aren't the same. Ice giants are in Nifleheim. It's hard to say though, height and weight, cause either way, he will be ATLEAST 10 feet tall anyway

The German synchro might get a problem.

In Thor 1, they translated the word "frost giants" as "Eisriesen" (= literally "ice giants").

Confusing. But if there are real ice giants in Thor 2, they could still translate them as "Frostriesen" (= "frost giants"). ;)

The German synchro might get a problem.

In Thor 1, they translated the word "frost giants" as "Eisriesen" (= literally "ice giants").

Confusing. But if there are real ice giants in Thor 2, they could still translate them as "Frostriesen" (= "frost giants"). ;)

They could go with the Myths and call them "Reifriesen", or original: "Hrimthursar". Or they don't care. Like they kinda always do with dubs...

Reifriesen is a good translation, actually. But the German dub for Thor sucked anyway, so who cares?

This thread has been very quiet lateley..

Any new ideas on big beasts from anyone?

Godzilla.gif

hahahaha funny stuff, I haven't seen that one yet.
HOPEFULLY we'll see some creatures in this coming Trailer

Hopefully they include the Bilgen Snipe that was referenced in The Avengers, that plus a few more Asgardian creatures.

It was said that Thor: TDW is going to have a large number of Asgardian creatures.

Hopefully they include the Bilgen Snipe that was referenced in The Avengers
me too! they sounded like fun.
it looks like the Kronans will depictet as huge monsters in T:TDW if the footage description of SDCC is any indication

me too! they sounded like fun.
it looks like the Kronans will depictet as huge monsters in T:TDW if the footage description of SDCC is any indication

Especially after they showed a Bilgen Snipe in the Avengers Assemble cartoon on Disney XD. It was a scene where Thor was in his room which looked like an Guardian palace and he was rough housing with one.

Yeah by the sounds of the footage the Kronans are going to be like 20 feet tall. The size boost is a plus, I just hope the keep their intelligence and armor.

*Walks in.
*Sees everyone misunderstood thread title as well.
*Leaves without shame.

*Walks in.
*Sees everyone misunderstood thread title as well.
*Leaves without shame.
Ha! I see my plan worked well...mwhaha :woot:

I love the look of the Kronan, very silver age-y

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"