The "Why So Serious? Gotham City Noir" RPG

[?] THE RIDDLER [?]

Shreds of newspaper and magazines outstretched their way amongst the dark green fibres that sprung up from the floor. The precise and perfect sound of sharpened metal sliding their way through the thin sheets of the style section was the only audible noise. Such calculated concentration with each snip, carefully navigating the steely scissors around each letter, rounding up an alphabet of assorted shapes, sizes and colours, the components needed for the second riddle that would confront Gotham’s detective unit.

A pristine envelope of emerald green received the neatly constructed message, now sealed inside only to be seen next by the city’s supposed finest. Hands glad in fine jade strands made sure not to leave fingerprints, furthermore, homemade adhesive made tracing the letter’s origin impossible. The only chance for catching this mastermind would be outsmarting him, breaking his perplexing conundrum, but that would not be enough. Intelligence had now been honed into a weapon, one which would surely slay the inferior inhabitants of fair Gotham city.

IC: Harvey Bullock

When you think of "Detective" what do you think?

Car chases.

Explosions.

CSI.

In reality, it was nothing like that.

Bullock had spent the last few hours getting witness statements from almost everybody in the stadium, his hands hurts like heck and he'd filled his entire notebook up.

Yet at the same time, it made absolutely no difference, it didn't dull his determination to find the killer, he/she/it was still out there somewhere and he was determined to find out who.

He found himself parked infront of Antonio Romaro, the Metropolis Planets' coach, for the past 15 minutes or so. He seemed like a good man, he seemed like an honest man, but at the same time he had a very sinister streak.

".. I would have never even entered this damn bowl if I'd known that it would have cost a child his life, I can't believe it, I can't believe somebody would EVER shoot someone over a goddamn game. I couldn't care less about the result, I mean.. the boys played well, they put in a good performance but the better team one, lead by the best player I've ever seen at this level. I can't believe.. only a few hours ago he was out here, he was playing the game he loved the most in life.. and now?"

Harvey cocked his eyebrow slightly at the mention of the killing being because of the game, perhaps coach did know a bit more than he let on?

"What makes you think that he was killed because of the game?"

Romaro stuttered slightly, taking off his cap to wipe the sweat away from his brow momentarily, he continued to stammer as he answered Bullock's question.

"Well.. I just pre.. I mean.. y'know, why else would someone want to?"

Bullock was convinced, atleast for now, he looked over the coach's shoulder into the changing rooms and scratched his head slightly.

"Alright, Coach, you mind if I have a word with the boys?"

He could see all of the player's inside sitting in silence, not a single one of them said a word, he doubted that any of them were involved in it, but it wouldn't be the first time he was wrong.

"Sure, go ahead.."

As Bullock walked towards the changing rooms, the middle-aged coach added gently.

"One thing though, it's been a long night.. try not to make it harder for them, will you?"

"You think it's long now? It's only just started. If I think any of those boys in there known anything about the shooting.. It'll get even longer"

The pure dismissal of his comment angered the coach, his face went visibly red and all of a sudden he broke into something of a rant, this was where Bullock began putting the pieces together; he'd realised that several times during the final quarter Romaro had gone AWOL, why would a coach leave his team in the middle of the most important quarter of football he'd ever managed.

"You're a good cop, Bullock.. but none of them boys had a thing to do with it, I can promise you that now, I hold myself entirely responsible for their actions on and off the field; the men that were out on that pitch today are the future leaders of America, they're the sportsmen and socialites of tomorrow, they're parents are some of the richest men and women in the country.. they could have your badge if they wanted it.. You really wanna try your luck?"

Harvey smiled, he'd heard the same story from hundreds if not thousands of perps, it was the story of a guilty man.

He might not be guilty of this, but he was guilty of something.

He'd remember that.

"Yeah.."

Harvey pushed open the door, the heavy, warm air hit him in the face as he stood in the doorway and looked back at Romaro a final time.

"Yeah.. I do"

Harvey Dent

I Believe In Harvey Dent Part II

"No, Commissioner, I don't see a difference here, one of your officers was- What? No, I'm not trying to undermine your authority, I realize that it is your department, all I'm saying is... Yes Commissioner Loeb. No I'm not doubting your capabilities I just want this thing sorted out, with all due respect I have enough things to worry about without your department falling prey to corruption."

"Mr. Dent, your 11 O' Clock is here." Announces my PA as she enters my office.

"Commissioner it's been a pleasure but I have a meeting now with Mr. Wayne... I'm not sure he'd appreciate you calling him that. I know you don't, yes yes. Goodbye Mr. Loeb." The phone clicks as it goes dead. "Impossible man." I say under my breath. "Martha, could you send Mr. Wayne in please?"

Joker.gif

When I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
(Identity)

Even without his hideous makeup, the Joker still doesn't look human. His eyes look even more dark and sullen, and without his trademark smile he just looks grim. He is now wearing a white straitjacket - waiting for the psychiatrist to arrive.

Mr. Farmer is the psychiatrist assigned to the Joker. He is a man not easily scared by murderers or psychopaths. Unlike Stevens, he won't let the Joker's antics bother him. He has a job to do.

As Farmer enters the room, the Joker greets him, "Hello, doctor." The madman's eyes follow the psychiatrist as he places his things down on the desk. "Must we use so many drugs? I hardly feel like myself."

Farmer adjusts his glasses as he states, "It appears that the drugs are the only thing that keep you pacified, Mr. Joker. I heard there was an incident last night."

The Joker smiles weakly. "I killed him," he admits with a sense of pride.

"Killed who?"

"My cellmate," the Joker explains. "I killed him while he was sleeping."

Farmer takes a seat. "How did you accomplish that?"

"Every night since I got here, I loosened the pipe to the toilet in our cell," the Joker replies. "Last night, I finally got it loose. He woke up after the first swing."

Farmer sighs. "And would you mind telling me what you did after you killed him?"

"I made him smile...with his own blood."

"You realize that this means you will be in solitary confinement now?"

"It's better that way. I never got along with people that well," the Joker admits. "I think it all goes back to my childhood in the orphanage..."

"Orphanage?" Farmer repeats bewilderedly. "You told Dr. Stevens that you killed your father, and your mother sent you to a youth detention center."

"Did I? Well...that was my past on that day. Today, my past is that I was an orphan. I like to write my own!" the Joker responds. Being so heavily medicated that he can't laugh wildly, he settles for, "Heh."

batlogo.gif

Harvey Dent

I Believe In Harvey Dent Part II

"No, Commissioner, I don't see a difference here, one of your officers was- What? No, I'm not trying to undermine your authority, I realize that it is your department, all I'm saying is... Yes Commissioner Loeb. No I'm not doubting your capabilities I just want this thing sorted out, with all due respect I have enough things to worry about without your department falling prey to corruption."

"Mr. Dent, your 11 O' Clock is here." Announces my PA as she enters my office.

"Commissioner it's been a pleasure but I have a meeting now with Mr. Wayne... I'm not sure he'd appreciate you calling him that. I know you don't, yes yes. Goodbye Mr. Loeb." The phone clicks as it goes dead. "Impossible man." I say under my breath. "Martha, could you send Mr. Wayne in please?"

"Okay, Mr. Wayne. He's ready for you.."

I stand up and smile at the secretary as she points me in.

"Thank you, miss...also, if it' s not too much to ask...could I have your phone number?"

She giggles and blushes slightly.

"Sorry, Mr. Wayne. I have a boyfriend..."

"So? I have a few girlfriends..."

She shakes her head and points me on.

"Just go ahead, please."

I smile and go ahead into Harvey Dent's office.

"Mr. Dent? Hi, Bruce Wayne."

Brucewayne.jpg

"Nice to meet you. I always like to meet a man before I give ungodly amounts of money to him."

Joker.gif

The Joker sat silently in his cell. It wouldn't take long until his goons arrived. They were lost without their murderous leader. It was only a matter of time until they rescued him from this bad place hole.

"Hey, freakshow, it's time to talk to the nice psychiatrist again," the guard calls out condescendingly to the man in the straitjacket. The guard has a brace on his nose. "And if you try anything funny again, I swear to God, I will break your legs."

"Such a violent attitude,"
the Joker replies absent-mindedly. A twisted grin crept onto his face. "You would do well working with me."

The guard scowled. Without another word, he grabbed the Joker roughly and pulled him out of the solitary confinement cell. "Save the talking for the doctor."

As the guard is leading the Joker down the hallway, there are eruptions of shouts and gunfire coming from the end of the wing. The guard keeps moving cautiously, but the Joker merely smiles.

They're here.

Once the calamity gets nearer, the guard forces the Joker to the floor. "Stay there!" he commands as he draws his pistol. He keeps the gun trained on the entrance doors to the hallway - where the sound is originating from.

Suddenly, the door pops open and a jack-in-the-box is tossed out. The door then shuts again. "What the bad place?" the guard thinks aloud. He begins to approach the toy, but the music suddenly comes to a halt. There is a moment of silence before the lid pops open. Attached to a spring is a mini-clown figure holding an AK-47. Without warning, it opens fire - mowing down the guard.

The Joker takes cover until the firing has ceased. Once the lethal toy ceases its onslaught, the doors blast open again, and a huddle of men, dressed like clowns, walks in. One stoops down to pick up the disguised weapon. Another moves over to his institutionalized leader and unties his straitjacket.

"Gentlemen, let's get the bad place out of here," the Joker announces as he slips on a small device onto his finger. A needle extends from the disc-shaped base - which is filled with a lethal venom. The weapon is so small that it can be easily concealed. The Joker approaches the fallen guard. "No hard feelings, right? Let's shake on it!" the Joker states sharply as he forcibly shakes the guard's hand, injecting the bleeding man with a toxin that will kill him instantaneously.

"If you want to know the truth...I never liked you anyway. HAHA!"

batlogo.gif

"Okay, Mr. Wayne. He's ready for you.."

I stand up and smile at the secretary as she points me in.

"Thank you, miss...also, if it' s not too much to ask...could I have your phone number?"

She giggles and blushes slightly.

"Sorry, Mr. Wayne. I have a boyfriend..."

"So? I have a few girlfriends..."

She shakes her head and points me on.

"Just go ahead, please."

I smile and go ahead into Harvey Dent's office.

"Mr. Dent? Hi, Bruce Wayne."

Brucewayne.jpg

"Nice to meet you. I always like to meet a man before I give ungodly amounts of money to him."

Harvey Dent

I Believe in Harvey Dent, Part III

I rise from my seat smiling at the man who just waltzed into my office. He looked like he'd stayed up for a couple of nights in a row, bags under his eyes had started to develop, but nevertheless he is full of energy and life.

"Mr. Wayne, It's so great to finally meet you, Rachel has told me so much about you. Please, take a seat." He does so as I turn to my PA. "Martha, could you please fetch us some refreshments? Thank you." She exits the room and closes the door behind her. "Now then Mr. Wayne, to business... I'm flattered that such a high society name such as yourself would deem my campaign worthy of funding. I'm sure Ms. Dawes must have pulled a few strings." I smile, always good to set up a friendly atmosphere in these situations.

bannerua8.gif

“A man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.”
~ The Godfather (1972)

“You're not gonna believe this. The guy killed 16 Czechoslovakians. He was an interior decorator.”

“I love this episode.”
“Why am I not surprised?” Vincent Del Azzario replies. Joely Bartlett, his partner, smiles back. Rather than reply herself, she grabs a hand of popcorn. Together they laugh as Paulie Walnuts and Cristopher Moltisanti try to find their way back to civilization. They laugh again when Bobby Bacala comes on, dressed in the most ridiculous of hunting gear.

“You know that being here doesn’t mean I apologize, right?”
“I know. My widescreen tv just gets you hot.”
“You got that right. Didn’t you say this show was ridiculous though?”
“Doesn’t mean I don’t like it.”
“Which is why you have all the DVDs.”
“Okay, maybe like is an understatement.”
“You love the show.”
“I do.”
“You just want to **** Tony.”

Taken aback, she throws a batch of popcorn in his face.

“I am trying to watch the episode, y’know.”
“Like you haven’t seen this episode thirty times already.”

“Forty’s probably more like it.”

Joker.gif

"This is Trisha Turner reporting from Arkham Asylum, where there has been a breakout," the reporter announces. "So far, authorities are saying that only one patient escaped - the newly-incarcerated Joker. The Joker stood trial two weeks ago where he was found not guilty by reason of insanity. He was then sent here to Gotham's most prestigious mental institution, located in the heart of The Narrows.

"At some point yesterday, a group of heavily-armed men led an assault against the guards of Arkham,"
Trisha continues, "And these men, believed to be part of The Joker's 'gang,' managed to overpower the unprepared forces here. Over a dozen security employees were killed during the shootout."

Trisha moves over a hole in the concrete walls of the facility. Inside, GCPD officers can be seen examining the crime scene.

"The Joker's whereabouts are currently unknown. The Gotham Police Department is urging citizens to find shelter if they come in the vicinity of the killer. And, of course, they urge you to report any information on The Joker's location to the nearest Gotham City Police Department Headquarters."

Trisha pauses and holds a finger to her earpiece. She is then handed a piece of paper. She nods before stating, "Well, ladies and gentlemen, it looks like the Clown Prince of Crime isn't wasting anytime. Authorities found several acts of vandalism wherein The Joker is making his opinions known on the up-and-coming election of a new Gotham City District Attorney."

The camera then cuts to a photo of a defaced Harvey Dent campaign poster.

i-believe-in-harvey-dent-too.jpg

"It certainly looks like The Joker is back in business, and Gotham citizens are warned to stay on their guard."

"Shut it off," The Joker commands. He is leaning back in his 'throne' at his new secret headquarters. The criminal nearest to the television presses the Power button. "The news is so incredibly boring. I wish they'd skip to sports already...I hear hunting season begins tomorrow."

And a satisfied smile forms on the psychopath's face.

batlogo.gif

Harvey Dent

I Believe in Harvey Dent, Part III

I rise from my seat smiling at the man who just waltzed into my office. He looked like he'd stayed up for a couple of nights in a row, bags under his eyes had started to develop, but nevertheless he is full of energy and life.

"Mr. Wayne, It's so great to finally meet you, Rachel has told me so much about you. Please, take a seat."He does so as I turn to my PA. "Martha, could you please fetch us some refreshments? Thank you." She exits the room and closes the door behind her. "Now then Mr. Wayne, to business... I'm flattered that such a high society name such as yourself would deem my campaign worthy of funding. I'm sure Ms. Dawes must have pulled a few strings." I smile, always good to set up a friendly atmosphere in these situations.

"No, actually Rachel and I are friends from way back. Her mother use to work for my parents. Her mother quit working for us after...."

I pause, not really wanting to bring up their death's. A lucky distraction is thrown my way in the form of Dent's secretary.

"Mr. Dent! The news!"

"This is Trisha Turner reporting from Arkham Asylum, where there has been a breakout," the reporter announces. "So far, authorities are saying that only one patient escaped - the newly-incarcerated Joker. The Joker stood trial two weeks ago where he was found not guilty by reason of insanity. He was then sent here to Gotham's most prestigious mental institution, located in the heart of The Narrows.

"At some point yesterday, a group of heavily-armed men led an assault against the guards of Arkham," Trisha continues, "And these men, believed to be part of The Joker's 'gang,' managed to overpower the unprepared forces here. Over a dozen security employees were killed during the shootout."

Trisha moves over a hole in the concrete walls of the facility. Inside, GCPD officers can be seen examining the crime scene.​

"The Joker's whereabouts are currently unknown. The Gotham Police Department is urging citizens to find shelter if they come in the vicinity of the killer. And, of course, they urge you to report any information on The Joker's location to the nearest Gotham City Police Department Headquarters."

Trisha pauses and holds a finger to her earpiece. She is then handed a piece of paper. She nods before stating, "Well, ladies and gentlemen, it looks like the Clown Prince of Crime isn't wasting anytime. Authorities found several acts of vandalism wherein The Joker is making his opinions known on the up-and-coming election of a new Gotham City District Attorney."

The camera then cuts to a photo of a defaced Harvey Dent campaign poster.​

"It certainly looks like The Joker is back in business, and Gotham citizens are warned to stay on their guard."

My eyes narrow as I watch the report. The anger starts to build. I only have to force it back down.

"Wow. Looks like you may have your hands full, Mr. Dent."

I reach into my pocket, I pull out a folded up check and hand it to Dent.

"You'll notice that the amount line is blank. Fill out whatever you need. Believe me, I can affored it."

I start to move towards the door.

"I'll leave you to your campaigning. Call my butler, Alfred if you can. I'd like to throw you a fundraising bash."

I'm almost out the door, I only turn to look at Harvey before I dissapear.

"You may be asking 'Why is he doing this?' Well, I believe in Gotham City. I also believe in Harvey Dent."

I nod and just like that, I'm gone. Heading towards the car. My thoughts are already on Joker and the long wait I'll have until night approaches.

Joker.gif

Greenlaw heard about the breakout on the news. It chilled him to the bone. For the rest of the day, he was on edge. Greenlaw helped that man escape prison, and now a murderous psychopath was loose on the streets. What amount of money could be worth that? Perhaps he made a dire mistake.

So on his way home from work, Greenlaw bought a pistol. This wasn't for self-defense, mind you. Greenlaw was ready to take his own life. When he got home, he tossed his jacket onto the couch. Without turning on the lights, Greenlaw went into the bathroom and examined his gun. Finally ready to do this, Greenlaw placed the barrel on his temple.

"Allow me," a deep, sinister voice announces from the darkness. Greenlaw recognizes it right away as the twisted voice of The Joker. Sure enough, the white-faced man emerges from the shadows of the apartment. Without warning, The Joker grabs Greenlaw's wrist and twists it - causing the pistol to fall to the ground.

"I made a mistake," Greenlaw states aloud, thinking of The Joker's case.

The Joker nods. "Yes, you did," he assures the attorney. Greenlaw hears the distinctive sound of a switch-blade. Before Greenlaw can make another statement, he feels the cold metal piercing his back. "Arkham can't hold me. The cops can't stop me. And you...you don't understand me!"

The Joker slams Greenlaw's face into the bathroom sink. The porcelain cracks while The Joker twists the blade in Greenlaw's back. Finally, The Joker retracts his blade and tosses Greenlaw across the room.

"Why me? You're a free man because of me!"

The Joker smiles. "I just get the feeling that you don't like me very much, Mr. Greenlaw. And it annoys me."

After a quick succession of stabs, Greenlaw's bloody body finally goes limp.

"Let's put a smile on that face!"

And The Joker digs the blade into the attorney's cheeks, tearing the flesh into a gruesome smile.

717l3s1.jpg

Selina stood on the top of a building, she stepped closer to the edge and looked down to the street; it was foggy, just enough not to get in her way but to help her conceal herself. The night was perfect.

She stretched her legs a little, swaying her hips, this costume was a bit constricting but she liked the idea of a Cat Burglar, Gotham had Bats, Clowns, Scarecrows, it only seemed suiting that the best thief this city has ever seen would follow the trend and it was a really creative way to conceal her identity and get attention at the same time. She had always liked the attention when the PD would investigate her robberies and couldn't do much more than compliment her skills.

Selina stretched her fingers and looked down at her hands, the new material she had added to her gloves and the bottom of her boots would help her on her landings even if the surface was slippery.

With a deep breath she clasped her hands together behind her and stretched her arms, purring as did. Standing up straight again she smirked and looked at the rooftop across the street. A couple of steps back, a short run and she jumped, landing quietly on her feet, knees bending slightly with the impact.

She moved to the back of the rooftop, knelt down and bent over the side of the building; the windows were just decorative but glass always made things easier for her. With the extremely sharp steel nails she had added to her costume she made a cut in the window glass, just big enough for her to slip inside, with the material of her gloves, she gently pulled the glass out and on to the top of the building.

Selina then held on to the edge of the roof and let her body dangle down to the side of the building, she lift both her legs and in one swift movement, swung them through the hole and slid her body inside, landing on the floor.

She took a long look around the small jewelry shop and moved carefully towards the glass cases, she had studied them this afternoon on her short visit to the shop, the alarm only worked when the back of the case was opened so using the same technique as she did with the window, Selina opened a hole on the case and without touching the back of it, grabbed the diamonds she had fallen in love with a couple of days ago while window shopping:

82m57kh.jpg

A couple of other things from the same case interested her, since she was there, she decided to take them too. Selina then stepped over the cabinets closest to the window she had come in through and with her whip wrapped around a pipe close to the ceiling, she pulled herself up, out of the hole on the window, down to the street and with a smirk on her face, disappeared into the night.

Joker.gif

"At some point yesterday, a group of heavily-armed men led an assault against the guards of Arkham,"
Trisha continues, "And these men, believed to be part of The Joker's 'gang,' managed to overpower the unprepared forces here. Over a dozen security employees were killed during the shootout."

Trisha moves over a hole in the concrete walls of the facility. Inside, GCPD officers can be seen examining the crime scene.

The camera then cuts to a photo of a defaced Harvey Dent campaign poster.

Harvey Dent.

I Believe in Harvey Dent, Part IV

I hold the blank check in my hand and try not to stare, the man clearly had more money than god, who was I to deny it? I handed the check to my PA and turned back to the news. "The Joker." I say to myself under my breath. Anger brimming inside me at the sight of the vandalized poster. "He doesnt know who he's dealing with... but he soon will." I smile and pick up the phone. "Martha? Could you get me Commissioner Loeb please?"

"Sure thing Mr. Dent."

"Thank you." I wait while the phone rings, it rings for a long time. Clearly the Comissioner has his hands full.

"Loeb." Comes the answer from the other side of the phone, I've always disliked people who pick up a phone only to say there name.

"Dent." I say mockingly "Commisioner I'd like a word, obviously you've seen the news, it seems I'm a marked man."

"Yeah, Dent we can send you security right aw-"

"I'm not concerned about my security Commissioner, I want to know who this clown is and what his goals are, what's he after? Who does he work for?" I interrupt, I have no time for false concern.

"We... we don't know, the guys an A1 nutball just escaped from Arkham, he strikes at random, with seemingly no pattern or cause. But don't you worry about this headcase Dent we'll have him back in our custody before Christmas." I've heard that one before. Seems this 'Joker' had Loeb scared, he sounds on edge, he's babbling.

"It seems to me that this... 'Joker' has you spooked Commissioner, lets not forget who the real threats are in this City, one insane clown should not distract the focus from our real objective, the Mob, the Marioni's and Falcone's of the world. You bring em in, I'll make sure they go down. That's the deal. Now, if theres nothing you'd like to add, I have a party to organize."

bannerua8.gif

“A man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.”
~ The Godfather (1972)

“Yo Joe,” Vincent said as he stepped onto the boat his partner, Joely Bartlett, used as her residence. It was early morning, just a few hours before their shift would start. His partner would, at best, have gotten five hours of sleep. Not that Detective Sergeant Vincent Del Arrazio would’ve gotten any more.

Still, he made sure to make an extra noisy entrance.

“Go away,” she replied as she opened the door slightly.
“What? You’re not going to let me in?”

She sighed as she looked at him.

partnersax7.jpg

“You better have a damn good reason for waking me up.”
“Would I come here otherwise?”

She cast him a sideways glance as she walked into her bedroom.

“Well, okay, but still.”
“Why are you here, Vincent?”
“Got a lead on your Lewis case.”
“What?!” she exclaimed as she stormed out of her bedroom again, still in the middle of changing “Why didn’t you say that sooner?”
“Joe…”
“What?”

He smiled at her as he looked down at her body.

“Not that I can’t appreciate the female body…”

Her mouth fell open as she caught his look and ran back into her bedroom.

“Thanks a lot, partner.”
“Pleasure’s all mine,” Del Arrazio replied, snickering.
“Yeah yeah…”

RachelDawesLogo.jpg

The first blow sent Rachel Dawes careening down the metallic fire escape. Her slim, curvy frame tumbled across the stairs, each one wedging firmly into her back; when she finally slammed against the rail, her unwilling descent sharply halted, she released a whimper and probed her swelling cheek with a shivering digit. The men - three in number, each tall and wide, filled out by muscle - followed her slowly, their footsteps ringing menacingly against the metal bars. Rachel swallowed hard and scrabbled within her handbag, desperately attempting to locate the item that James Gordon had pressed upon her. She remembered his solemn words, as he had instructed her in the pistol's use and told her that she was now a target for the less-than law-abiding of Gotham City. She hadn't truly heeded his words until this moment...until her usual nightly routine had been twisted into a desperate escape from a trio of enforcers. Her fingers curled around the firearm and she whipped it free of its restraints, its barrel locked firmly onto the first of the men.

"We got ourselves a feisty one, boys!" the foremost of them called back to his companions. "Takes a broad with guts to pull a gun on a representative of Lew Moxon."

Rachel gulped, felt it catch in her throat as fear threatened to claim her. She had been specifically targeted by Lew Moxon, one of the most powerful men in the city; she recalled a case that she had passed on to her colleague Adrian Chase that afternoon, regarding an illegal shipment of Moxon's. "It's out of my hands! I'm not the courts, I can't drop a case at this point!"

"We're not asking you to drop it. We're just warning you: never, ever mess with the Moxon clan." He moved ever closer, his lackeys remaining motionless behind him. "You're not gonna shoot me now, are ya? After all, you hate guns. You wouldn't pull that trigger and be responsible for my death..." He reached out and carefully drove the gun downwards, feeling Rachel quiver as his skin brushed against hers. "Good girl. Now, let's talk, shall we?"

Rachel forced herself to remain calm, ignoring the fact that her breaths were undeniably shallow. The gun was still in her hand, but had been pressed down across her stomach; even if she could somehow summon the courage to implement its power, she could not. Moxon's man had her helpless - if not for the single hand at her back, which was once again digging through her crumpled handbag. "I will not be that woman. That damsel in distress that gets smacked around or kidnapped every five minutes because she's one of the few decent people that stands up for the good in this God-forsaken city. I don't care who you are or who sent you, because I will not let myself be usurped by the bad in this world." Her tone conveyed a strength that was nowhere within her, and she moved the pepper spray she had been seeking towards her assailant. He seemed distracted by her declaration, and turned his head to face his brawny allies.

"She's a real screw-up, ain't she?!" he chuckled heartily, just as Rachel blasted him with the spray. It coated his eyes and he released his hold on her, crying out in agony. He flailed wildly and the miniscule canister was knocked free of her grasp.

The two others charged forward; Rachel's gun-toting hand, now free, snapped upwards and almost out of instinct, she squeezed the trigger. The resulting sound was deafening, but she could not hear it over the sound of her heart hammering in her ears. The bullet pierced the second's shoulder and he flopped to the deck with a strangled shriek. Horrified, she allowed the weapon to clatter noisily away and darted down the steps...but the final thug ensnared her with a single lunge, his arm curling around her.

"Stupid, stupid girl. Now look what you've gone and done," he whispered slowly into her ear, his breath dancing across her lobe. With that, he drove her head forward. It struck the rusted rail with a sickening crack as he repeated the action several times before tossing her to the floor. His foot hurtled into her chest and she slipped into a weak foetal position as he continued, his boot shaking her ribcage with each hit. "Never. Screw. With. The. Moxons." Hefting her up by her collar, her body battered and limp, he snarled, "Understood?"

She did not have the strength to reply, or even to listen anymore, as she was overwhelmed by unconsciousness.

batlogo.gif

"WHERE IS HE!?!?!"

Rage fills my voice as I slam the man into the brick wall.

The man in question is John Jenks, a fat man with a bad hair cut that also supplied Joker with his little 'toys' last time he went on his spree. The only reason he still has a pulse is because the cops got to him before Joker. He said he didn't know what Joker was going to do with the weapons so the judge went soft on him and gave him probation. He'll find out real quick that I have no intention of going soft on him.

"I-I don't know..."

I bring my hand across his face and slap him hard. He spills against the wall and looks at me with pure terror.

"Don't lie to me!! Where is he!?!?"

"I swear to god I don't know! I haven't seen him since I was arrested. I've been scared to death he's gonna come for me, man!"

I scowl at him, off in the distance I hear an alarm go off.

"Consider yourself lucky."

I throw him down and dissapear into the shadows. The alarm's coming from somewhere farther uptown. There's been a string of burglaries in the Diamond District, this could be the break in the case I've been looking for.​

Joker.gif

"It's time, men," The Joker announces. He leans forward in his chair.

One of the goons looks around to see if anyone else gets it. Finally, he asks, "Time for what, sir?"

The Joker smiles as he responds, "Time to send a message." The Joker gets up from his seat and moves over to a bulletin board full of pictures. All of them are defaced like the Harvey Dent poster - for that matter, the Harvey Dent posted is tacked on there. "This city is filled with misguided idealists," The Joker explains while pointing to the pictures. "Harvey Dent, Rachel Dawes, Lieutenant Gordon, Batman. Someone has to remind these people that the city belongs to us!"

Several criminals enter the room carrying a wooden box. One of them announces, "Sir, we have what you asked for."

"Excellent," The Joker replies evilly. He hops down from his seat and adds, "To the Jokermobile! HAHAHA!"

In the next room is a customized armored SWAT car. The exterior is painted white with purple racing stripes. The sides display SMILE! And the hood of the vehicle is defaced with two black circles for eyes with a big, red smile.

The Joker's men load the wooden box into the back before entering the vehicle. The Joker sits shotgun as one of his men takes the wheel.

"Where to, boss?" the driver asks.

The Joker puts his feet up on the dashboard as he directs, "The nearest Gotham City Police Station."

The driver nods before flooring it. The Jokermobile races off into the streets, swerving in-between pedestrians and cars. The Joker laughs gleefully every time the vehicle hits another person or car.

Finally, the driver swerves to a stop in front of the police station. "Go down another block and park," The Joker commands. "We don't want them seeing us just yet."

The driver obeys and continues to drive. When the Jokermobile stops again, all the men file out of it. The Joker enters the back and opens the wooden box. Inside is an M1 Rocket Launcher.
452_l.jpg

The Joker hands the weapon and the ammunition to two of his men. "Come with me. The rest of you guard the Jokermobile," he commands. "Make sure we don't get a parking ticket."

The Joker walks with an odd swagger in his step. He begins to whistle absent-mindedly as he and his escorts approach the building. "This is close enough," he explains. "Load it."

One man holds the launcher while the other loads the rocket. When it's ready, the two men double-check it before handing it to their leader. The Joker kneels down on one knee as he aims the weapon. "BOOM!" he shouts before pulling the trigger. As he fires the weapon, there is an explosion of fire coming out of the back-end. Meanwhile, the rocket sails through the air until it collides with the lobby of the GCPD station.

The resulting explosion echoes across the city streets. The entire building erupts into flames. Surrounding pedestrians are flung through the air like ragdolls. The carnage glimmers in The Joker's eyes for a moment before he announces, "Let's go."

The Joker and his men jog off to the Jokermobile - but not before The Joker leaves behind his signature playing card. Once all the men are back inside The Joker's vehicle, they race off away from the crime scene.

batlogo.gif

"WHERE IS HE!?!?!"

Rage fills my voice as I slam the man into the brick wall.

The man in question is John Jenks, a fat man with a bad hair cut that also supplied Joker with his little 'toys' last time he went on his spree. The only reason he still has a pulse is because the cops got to him before Joker. He said he didn't know what Joker was going to do with the weapons so the judge went soft on him and gave him probation. He'll find out real quick that I have no intention of going soft on him.

"I-I don't know..."

I bring my hand across his face and slap him hard. He spills against the wall and looks at me with pure terror.

"Don't lie to me!! Where is he!?!?"

"I swear to god I don't know! I haven't seen him since I was arrested. I've been scared to death he's gonna come for me, man!"

I scowl at him, off in the distance I hear an alarm go off.

"Consider yourself lucky."

I throw him down and dissapear into the shadows. The alarm's coming from somewhere farther uptown. There's been a string of burglaries in the Diamond District, this could be the break in the case I've been looking for.​

717l3s1.jpg

A few moments after she touched the ground and started running back to her place, Selina heard the alarm go off, she paused and looked back towards the store, with a groan of disapproval she turned back around and resumed her running.

She stopped a few buildings away and jumped up onto the fire escape stairs, running to the top of the building, once she reached it, Selina ran across it and jumped onto the top of the next one, landing silently she paused and looked over her shoulder and down to the streets before starting to run again

Harvey Dent

I Believe in Harvey Dent Part V

I was running. Somewhere, anywhere, a thick fog enveloped the immediate area, I was being chased by something, or someone. I felt claustrophobic, I couldn't breath. No matter how fast or how far I ran he was right behind me, my demon, my nemesis. Myself.

I woke with a start. I could hear the phone ringing on my beside table. I breathed deep and reached over to answer. "H-hello." My voice shook and croaked.

[FONT=&quot]"Dent? Loeb. Listen, The Joker has attacked a Gotham PD station. Were still cleaning up the bodies and rubble it's a god damn mess down here."[/FONT]

This was insane, even for an arkham patient.

"What? He just walked right into a precinct?"

[FONT=&quot]"Nah uh. Seems the Joker and his followers have themselves some heavy weaponry. But Dent listen, thats not all."[/FONT]

What the bad place could possibly be worse? I think to myself as I hold my breath.

[FONT=&quot]"It's Ms Dawes."[/FONT] My heart sinks. I get a terrible feeling in my stomach like I'm about to throw my own insides up. [FONT=&quot]"Seems she was assaulted. We think it was payback from Moxon's group."
[/FONT]
"Where is she?" I say with a growl to my voice, I could feel the anger welling inside, like a snake slithering through my body.

"City Hospital- what? You got em? ... Dent good news, we found the guys that did this, forensics confirm it. They're at the main precinct now. Dent?"

I slam the phone down and jump out of bed, throwing a shirt and pants on I look to the bedside table. I pick up the dollar coin that was lying there and flip it into the air. Catching it I see that one side is defaced, the other like new. I flip again. Two destinations, two paths, two choices. It glides through the air spinning and twirling until it lands in my palm again. Good side... I need to get to the Hospital.

batlogo.gif

A few moments after she touched the ground and started running back to her place, Selina heard the alarm go off, she paused and looked back towards the store, with a groan of disapproval she turned back around and resumed her running.​

She stopped a few buildings away and jumped up onto the fire escape stairs, running to the top of the building, once she reached it, Selina ran across it and jumped onto the top of the next one, landing silently she paused and looked over her shoulder and down to the streets before starting to run again

I watch the would-be-burglar streak across the rooftop, I shoot a grapling line out and swing into the night as it catches on a nearby building.

My cape flaps in the wind as I glide down infront of the thief.

BATMAN_BEGINS20-20144.jpg

"Going somewhere?"

I throw him a scowl as I stand before him. Upon closer inspection, I notice it's not a "him" at all. It's a woman.

Joker.gif

The Jokermobile races down the street with a blatant disregard for public safety. If anything, the vehicle and its passengers take joy in causing mayhem, destruction, and murder. The Joker once again places his feet up on the dashboard while the Jokermobile rockets by pedestrian traffic.

Jokermobile.jpg

One policeman, who happens to be in the right place at the right time, witnesses the chaos as the vehicle blasts through an intersection. Immediately jumping into action, the cop puts on his lights and sirens. He picks up the radio and announces, "Officer Parkman in pursuit of The Joker. Requesting backup on Madison Avenue heading south."

The driver of the Jokermobile looks in the side mirror and sees the red and blue lights. "Boss, we've got trouble."

The Joker stares him in the eye. "Gotham's Finest simply don't have a sense of humor," he states blandly. The Joker reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a knife. "I'll handle this."

The Joker leans out of the window, clutching his knife. Then, with an expert flick of the wrist, The Joker sends the blade spinning through the air. The faux-projectile flies straight through the windshield of the cop's car, and it doesn't stop until it collides with Officer Parkman's jugular vein. Bleeding profusely, Officer Parkman looses control of the squad car as it goes into a destructive barrel roll.

"HEHEHAHAHA!"

The Jokermobile continues its warpath meanwhile. Suddenly, two more GCPD squad cars come swerving out of an intersection. They both file behind the armored truck.

The Joker leans back inside the window and opens the glove compartment. Inside is an M16 rifle. "Keep driving," he commands his lackey. And The Joker leans back out the window and opens fire on his pursuers.

717l3s1.jpg

I watch the would-be-burglar streak across the rooftop, I shoot a grapling line out and swing into the night as it catches on a nearby building.

My cape flaps in the wind as I glide down infront of the thief.

BATMAN_BEGINS20-20144.jpg

"Going somewhere?"

I throw him a scowl as I stand before him. Upon closer inspection, I notice it's not a "him" at all. It's a woman.

Selina stops abruptly as something lands in front of her, her first instinct is to reach for her whip, as her hand rests over it, she takes a split second to look at the figure standing in front of her, that was all she needed to recognize him.

She left one of her hands over her whip, the other one resting on her hip as she smirked and looked him up and down, purring...

"Batman" she paused, giving him an appreciative smirk "you are very much real..."

batlogo.gif

Selina stops abruptly as something lands in front of her, her first instinct is to reach for her whip, as her hand rests over it, she takes a split second to look at the figure standing in front of her, that was all she needed to recognize him.

She left one of her hands over her whip, the other one resting on her hip as she smirked and looked him up and down, purring...

"Batman" she paused, giving him an appreciative smirk "you are very much real..."

I quickly reach for her wrist, grabbing it and pulling her in close enough to get a scent of her perfume. It's an expensive scent, that tells me it's not her first time stealing diamonds.

"And you are very much under arrest."

717l3s1.jpg

I quickly reach for her wrist, grabbing it and pulling her in close enough to get a scent of her perfume. It's an expensive scent, that tells me it's not her first time stealing diamonds.

"And you are very much under arrest."

Selina allowed him to him to pull her closer and looked up at his face, or whatever little she could see of it.

62868205qz4.jpg

She made a tsk noise and shook her head once, "I'm not that easy..."

The hand he wasn't holding quickly came to his shoulder, giving her balance to kneel him hard on his stomach as her hand pushed his torso down, she let go of his shoulder and brought her hand up, her nails scratching his face, the only part of his body he left unprotected.

batlogo.gif

Selina allowed him to him to pull her closer and looked up at his face, or whatever little she could see of it.

62868205qz4.jpg

She made a tsk noise and shook her head once, "I'm not that easy..."

The hand he wasn't holding quickly came to his shoulder, giving her balance to kneel him hard on his stomach as her hand pushed his torso down, she let go of his shoulder and brought her hand up, her nails scratching his face, the only part of his body he left unprotected.

I wince slightly as the claws dig across my face and I stumble back, my eyes shut.

I quickly go to my shuriken's as I fall, tossing three of them towards her general direction.

CRACK!

I hear a bullwhip break the night silence as I fall on the rooftop's gravel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"