The Witchblade

Zorex

I'm 100% 50/50
Reaction score
Sadly, it doesn't sound like we'll be getting this series on DVD anytime soon, but we can still talk about it.

What did you all think of the show?

Favorite characters? Did you like the music [both band and orchestral/instrumental]? How was the acting?

Favorite season? Personally, Season1 is my favorite. Season 2 wasn't bad, considering they had to go back to the beginning. But there were somethings much better about Season1...the constant struggle for Sarra to understand the Witchblade, Danny being a ghost, Irons being alive...Nottingham with short hair :p

82WITCHBLADE_copy.jpg

Did anyone ever like that show? I didn't care for it that much. The comics are better

It was okay, some of it. Pity Yancy Bulter couldn't stop drinking and screw things up

Thought I would bring this back up.....I taped the show when it was originally on....I dug them out and plan on watching them all again.

I rewatched the pilot movie this weekend (I still liked it)....it was very well done (I haven't read any of the comics, so I don't know how close they follow them in storyline).....what do you guys think of the show?

I liked the show when it was on, it was a fun watch. To bad that they probably wont try to make another Witchblade live action series, it would be cool.

It was okay, some of it. Pity Yancy Bulter couldn't stop drinking and screw things up

ya that was a shame since I was looking forward to another season

I think they did a pretty good job given they couldn't really push it as visually as the comics. I think they could have still made the Witchblade a little more organic and life-lke, instead of a metal gauntlet. That would have been a better compromise, since they weren't gonna have Yancy Butler prance around in "scap-armor".

Mind you, I think most of the shows viewership ultimately consisted more of non-fans, anyway. It was actually doing good in the ratings, so it was a shock that the show got canned. Then I heard Butler had "problems', and figured, "OH!"

I just finished re-watching season one.....it was better than I remembered. As I said before....I haven't read any of the comics, so I don't know how well (if at all) they follow their storyline....but I like what they did with the first season.

I know there are limitations that a TV series has when adapting a comic (especially when the main character spends a lot of time semi nude in the book)....but they did a decent job for those of us not into the comic.

Nottingham was pretty much the only reason I watched the show. That guy was badass beyond words. :up:

...Yancy's voice irritated me...I watched every episode religously though.

I loved the show. I boycotted TNT after they cancelled it. Wasn't too hard since the only thing they have on is NBA games, and I don't hardly watch that anymore.

Hopefully someday we'll get the DVDs.

Nottingham was pretty much the only reason I watched the show. That guy was badass beyond words. :up:

...Yancy's voice irritated me...I watched every episode religously though.
Nottingham was real interesting for sure (especially when the unexpected info about him came out at the end of the first season)......Eric Etabari was very good.

Having watched Yancy in several other things....I didn't find any problem with her voice.
I loved the show. I boycotted TNT after they cancelled it. Wasn't too hard since the only thing they have on is NBA games, and I don't hardly watch that anymore.

Hopefully someday we'll get the DVDs.
The reason TNT had to cancel it was because of Yancy's drinking problem....she screwed it up for everyone.

I'm transferring my tapes over to DVD as I watch them.

I finished watching season 2.......it was good.....they did an interesting turn on the storyline with Irons (for those who have read the actual comic....is this anyway folowing the storyline?).....I would liked to have seen more seasons produced.....the series was very underrated from my viewpoint.

I just bought the complete series on DVD at Wal-Mart for $13.00. The last time I saw the set at a store a couple of months ago it was still in the $40 -50 range.

I just bought the complete series on DVD at Wal-Mart for $13.00. The last time I saw the set at a store a couple of months ago it was still in the $40 -50 range.

Be going to Wal mart later this week, might check it out

Got excited for a moment that maybe they were annoucning a new tv show.

Season 1 was great. Season 2 sucked the hairy wet one. They royally screwed up the show with that finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"