Comics The Wolverine thread

Morgoth

Sidekick
Reaction score
Didn't see one thought I'd start one. I haven't read Wolvie for sometime now, I just picked up the latest issue and the past three House of M issues. I have alot to catch up on. After I heard he got his memory back I had to get back to it.

For awhile now I've just been reading Astonishing X-men.

What I don't get from awhile ago is when Logan was under control of Hydra is they said they killed him and resurrected him to use him, how do you kill Wolverine?

I didn't read the whole thing just up to when he got into DD's place.

If noone else can do so, how did they? He's come through so much or did it turn out to be something else?

Also, Shield used him for a bit too didn't they?

I need to get back into all of the X-men comics, but Wolverine's my fave but I didn't have the money to keep up. I'm glad to get back into it but, I have to start with my favorite.

Surely you must not have looked very hard... or beyond the first page...

Cyclops said:
Surely you must not have looked very hard... or beyond the first page...
Yeah, so where's the thread that deals with Wolvie in general just in the comics? I haven't seen it either. :)

joinmeforadrinkslim.jpg

What about the "Wolverine Remembers Everything Thread"? Sounds pretty damn general to me.

I dunno, maybe I just think these "Official Character"-type threads are annoying. Just a lame excuse to spam and post scans from comics.

Hey, bub, I just wanted to talk about Wolverine, and I checked the whole front page so I wouldn't start something someone else has.

I also started this to talk about everything Wolverine, not just about him remembering his past, if you don't like it take your additude and leave.

I'm so sick of posting and then before you know it someone's ruining it. I'm here to have fun and talk about my fave characters, not be arguing with a bunch of bickering losers who aren't happy with themselves so all they do is complain about everything.

squeekness said:
Yeah, so where's the thread that deals with Wolvie in general just in the comics? I haven't seen it either. :)

joinmeforadrinkslim.jpg
Thanks bub.

If this thread had been in place in the first place, then you wouldn't have to start a new thread each time some big event happens in Wolverine's little life. You can talk about it all in one place.

As for you Morgoth, I strongly reccommend you get the Enemy of the State TPB, House of M TPB (when it comes out), and Decimation TPB (when it comes out) to get a better idea of what's going on right now. Those should catch you up. If you're really out of touch, Mavel has 3 volumes of Essential Wolverine which, though back and white, reprint the first issues of Wolverine's first regular series. :up:

newxpagefour.jpg

Morgoth said:
I'm so sick of posting and then before you know it someone's ruining it. I'm here to have fun and talk about my fave characters, not be arguing with a bunch of bickering losers who aren't happy with themselves so all they do is complain about everything.
You'll have to forgive Cyclops, he used to be a mod and he's perpetually grumpy about everything. Don't take it seriously. :up:

squeekness said:
You'll have to forgive Cyclops, he used to be a mod and he's perpetually grumpy about everything. Don't take it seriously. :up:
I'm just sick of everyone jumping on everything, it's so stupid.

Morgoth said:
I'm just sick of everyone jumping on everything, it's so stupid.
That's very true. :)

I do hope that you will start reading Wolverine again, this next arc does look to be exciting. They are doing a bit of Wolvie overkill right now, he can be found in three X-books, his own, and New Avengers which is a really good book, too. This overusage has bumped him from number one to number two on my faves list, but he'll always have a high rank with me. You should also check out the Ultimate X-men series, too if you aren't already, it's really good, too.

squeekness said:
That's very true. :)

I do hope that you will start reading Wolverine again, this next arc does look to be exciting. They are doing a bit of Wolvie overkill right now, he can be found in three X-books, his own, and New Avengers which is a really good book, too. This overusage has bumped him from number one to number two on my faves list, but he'll always have a high rank with me. You should also check out the Ultimate X-men series, too if you aren't already, it's really good, too.
I don't like Wolvie being in the Avengers, just don't like that idea, I have alot of the beginning of Ultimate X-men ,#1-10 I think something like that, wonder if that first issue's worth anything.

I have to get the tpb's of the first 10 issues of Wolverine. I actually have issue #1, and a few others but it's hard to find all of them.

In those first issues of Wolverine he was wearing a black outfit, that's why I didn't mind him in black in the movie I just wish he didn't have sleaves. It would look more like the comic. Remember how the first choice to play him was the bad guy from Mission Impossible 2 but he hurt himself so Hugh got it?

Morgoth said:
In those first issues of Wolverine he was wearing a black outfit, that's why I didn't mind him in black in the movie I just wish he didn't have sleaves. It would look more like the comic. Remember how the first choice to play him was the bad guy from Mission Impossible 2 but he hurt himself so Hugh got it?
Talk about good luck! I had no idea who Hugh Jackman was -- like a lot of folks -- and look how good he turned out.

I always prefered the black for Wolverine. I have long maintained that a guy with that much testoterone wouldn't be caught dead in blue and yellow spandex! :D I liked the early art, too. There haven't been many Wolverine issues I haven't liked.

squeekness said:
Talk about good luck! I had no idea who Hugh Jackman was -- like a lot of folks -- and look how good he turned out.

I always prefered the black for Wolverine. I have long maintained that a guy with that much testoterone wouldn't be caught dead in blue and yellow spandex! :D I liked the early art, too. There haven't been many Wolverine issues I haven't liked.
It's a comic, ya' know. The yellow doesn't bother me, it's just a part of him, I know what ya' mean but it's cool. It's part of his character, it's classic. I missed his costume I'm glad they brought it back and revamped it. I just love all things Wolverine if done right. My thought is with how tough he is and those claws he could wear what ever color he wants, as long as it's not pink.:)

Morgoth said:
It's a comic, ya' know. The yellow doesn't bother me, it's just a part of him, I know what ya' mean but it's cool. It's part of his character, it's classic. I missed his costume I'm glad they brought it back and revamped it. I just love all things Wolverine if done right. My thought is with how tough he is and those claws he could wear what ever color he wants, as long as it's not pink.:)
Hey, even Gambit pulled off Magenta! :p. I prefer the black and gold like he has in the Ultimate books. I do miss Patch. I thought it was cool that Wolvie had this alternate person he could go run away and hide in if he wanted. I guess they think that idea's been all used up...

I also sort of miss his little sidekick adventures where first he had Kitty following him around and then Jubilee. It would be nice to see them do something like that again. :up:

squeekness said:
Hey, even Gambit pulled off Magenta! :p. I prefer the black and gold like he has in the Ultimate books. I do miss Patch. I thought it was cool that Wolvie had this alternate person he could go run away and hide in if he wanted. I guess they think that idea's been all used up...

I also sort of miss his little sidekick adventures where first he had Kitty following him around and then Jubilee. It would be nice to see them do something like that again. :up:
Yeah I like to see him at times show he can be a brotherly type. I loved the whole Patch thing. What's your fave issue of Wolverine? Mine's #145. He got his Adamantium back, and it has a great fight with the Hulk and he really guts Sabretooth.:up: :)

Morgoth said:
Yeah I like to see him at times show he can be a brotherly type. I loved the whole Patch thing. What's your fave issue of Wolverine? Mine's #145. He got his Adamantium back, and it has a great fight with the Hulk and he really guts Sabretooth.:up: :)
Fave issue? Hmm... that's a toughie. It's been a while since I've read them through. Of the newest series, it would have to be #9 where he and Nightcrawler have an intimate discussion on good and evil after Logan had just finished a difficult mission. Of the previous run, I'd have to say the one where he skewers ol' Saby in the head, issue #90.

squeekness said:
Fave issue? Hmm... that's a toughie. It's been a while since I've read them through. Of the newest series, it would have to be #9 where he and Nightcrawler have an intimate discussion on good and evil after Logan had just finished a difficult mission. Of the previous run, I'd have to say the one where he skewers ol' Saby in the head, issue #90.
Oh yeah I forgot about that, I have that one, that's my second fave. How his eye looks like it shatters and you know uh, oh, Wolverine just popped his claws into his head.:up:

Morgoth said:
Oh yeah I forgot about that, I have that one, that's my second fave. How his eye looks like it shatters and you know uh, oh, Wolverine just popped his claws into his head.:up:
Sometimes it's just nice to see ol' Saby get some comeuppance, you know? :D. Actually I liked the whole time that Saby was at the Mansion, leaking secrets about Gambit's past to Rogue. Sabretooth's always been a fave of mine, I like my ferals. I would like to see them definitively link him into Logan's family tree, I think it only makes sense that he be there, whether he's a son, a cousin, something.

squeekness said:
Sometimes it's just nice to see ol' Saby get some comeuppance, you know? :D. Actually I liked the whole time that Saby was at the Mansion, leaking secrets about Gambit's past to Rogue. Sabretooth's always been a fave of mine, I like my ferals. I would like to see them definitively link him into Logan's family tree, I think it only makes sense that he be there, whether he's a son, a cousin, something.
Oh I know what you mean. I love the feral characters and how Sabretooth always had some sense of a type of relation to Logan. I think it's going to be weird to get use to him having his memory back that was such a big part of his character.

Morgoth said:
Oh I know what you mean. I love the feral characters and how Sabretooth always had some sense of a type of relation to Logan. I think it's going to be weird to get use to him having his memory back that was such a big part of his character.
Yeah, I'm hoping they answer some of those questions they left danging in Origins. (I still think Sabretooth is Dog, though I've heard convincing arguments that it's Cyber).

Back to issue 90, I remember one of the things I liked about it was that it was a very personal issue. I mean, you got to see what Logan liked to eat -- he went for the strawberry icecream, hee! That might sound lame, but I've always liked those personal little insights into what these characters are like in their off time and what their personal tastes are. With such a large team, you just don't get the character development that helps you really relate to someone. It's how we decide who our favorites are. Without those little touches, all of the characters seem the same.

squeekness said:
Yeah, I'm hoping they answer some of those questions they left danging in Origins. (I still think Sabretooth is Dog, though I've heard convincing arguments that it's Cyber).

Back to issue 90, I remember one of the things I liked about it was that it was a very personal issue. I mean, you got to see what Logan liked to eat -- he went for the strawberry icecream, hee! That might sound lame, but I've always liked those personal little insights into what these characters are like in their off time and what their personal tastes are. With such a large team, you just don't get the character development that helps you really relate to someone. It's how we decide who our favorites are. Without those little touches, all of the characters seem the same.
I know what you mean. Wow, I just realized I haven't read Origin since it first came out, I havta' read it again. Dog wasn't blonde that's what I think. :)

Morgoth said:
I know what you mean. Wow, I just realized I haven't read Origin since it first came out, I havta' read it again. Dog wasn't blonde that's what I think. :)
He looked really blonde in the issue where he's standing over the dying grandfather when the old guy sends him out to look for Logan. Like he finally washed his hair or something. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"