BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The skirt length is a bit annoying as are the heels! But hey ho. It's a pretty cool costume. I would rather they give her flat boots then lengthen the skirt, if I had to pick one though. But she's a superhero, I guess she's mastered the art of running and fighting into thigh high heeled boots.

I would say she has mastered that skill...as well as every other female superhero (and apparently one man). Wearing heeled boots appears to be part of the dress code. It doesn't stop them from kicking a car or running down the street in them. I consider it an accessory with an added bonus.

image.jpg

I would say she has mastered that skill...as well as every other female superhero (and apparently one man). Wearing heeled boots appears to be part of the dress code. It doesn't stop them from kicking a car or running down the street in them. I consider it an accessory with an added bonus.

image.jpg

First of all, not heels, wedges and second, lol it's RDJ that's wearing the closest thing to heels! :lmao: Third, you're right, it won't stop them.

image.jpg

And,,, That's why as much as the heel/wedge of the WW costume BUGS me some... It in now way disqualifies the outfit in the least. Seems like it's a popular thing to do when it comes to costuming in this genre. Cest la vie.

And,,, That's why as much as the heel/wedge of the WW costume BUGS me some... It in now way disqualifies the outfit in the least. Seems like it's a popular thing to do when it comes to costuming in this genre. Cest la vie.

Yeah, I don't like it either. Heels don't make any sense for WW or BW. Ah well, nothing's perfect I guess.

I think it's primarily to make the actor taller. At least for RDJ it is.

I agree that they're weird and shouldn't be there, but they don't have to show them.

I actually kinda like the wedges :3. More so on Black Widow.

I am also not big fan of wedges, but I believe that Gal needs to be taller next to Affleck and Cavill (hell, it seems that even Cavill will wear a somewhat platformed boots in this movie), so at least that justifies them to me.

I still believe that the footwear of the Superman costume in many scenes in MOS has a definite wedge/heel built into some versions to give Henry an extra lift given the scene. I think that the footwear of WW looks great... But the wedge sticks out a little for me. On the other hand it's the first picture. I'll be picking it apart for weeks, so me noticing stuff that will annoy me is a given.

Affleck is like 6'4 and a few inches taller than Cavill. Gadot is said to be 5'8-5'9 which could very well be 5'7 as models like to have taller stats online for the sake of work. Of course she will need wedges to stand toe to toe with the guys.

The more I look at it, I believe it's function is purely to add height and not to put a women in heels. We have seen superhero/villain heels and they are clear as day.

The design for Wonder Woman, Sif, and Black Widow is designed to hide it.

RDJ isn't really a good example since Stark isn't usually action man in them. But RDJ is about 4 to 5 inches shorter then most of the Avengers cast.

Now why is any of this important really?

Because when framing a shot, 5 inches or greater is a big damn deal.

Re: Wedges

I think they look foolish and I can't imagine that it's very easy for the actors and stunt doubles to perform action scenes while wearing those shoes. I thought Lady Sif's scenes in Thor 2 has to be shortened because she fell down some stairs. I can't imagine those shoes helped with her balance.

There are plenty of short, male actors in Hollywood and they make them look taller in a variety of ways, without requiring them to wear heels (or at least only requiring them to wear heels for regular walking and talking scenes, like RDJ (although he seems to wear substantial heels in regular life)).

Heck, I can recall very few scenes in Xena: Warrior Princess where Xena didn't appear to be one of the tallest people on screen and Lucy Lawless' boots were a pair of Nikes wrapped in leather. They simply reinforced Xena's height by casting a short co-star (Renee O'Connor as Gabrielle) and by filming scenes to ensure that Xena remained statuesque no matter who she was appearing opposite.

All that typed, the costume is what it is. I just hope we don't get any of those awkward shots where Wonder Woman's boots magically change from wedges to flat heels during action sequences depending upon the action that is being performed and whether Gal Gadot or the stunt double was able to do the scene while wearing wedges.

I see no problem whatsoever with wedges, as long as they don't limit the mobility of the actor.

She hasn't worn heeled boots in the comic?

I'm not a woman so I wouldn't be an expert but I can only image that heeled wedges would be easier to walk in then actual heels. It is completely flat.

My mom prefers heal or wedges to flats because she "can't walk in them" she might be an outlier but it stands to reason she is not the only woman who feels this way.

According to my girl "Wedges are for height" and "High heels are for sexy"

:o

She hasn't worn heeled boots in the comic?

She has worn both flat and heels.

Re: Wedges

I think they look foolish and I can't imagine that it's very easy for the actors and stunt doubles to perform action scenes while wearing those shoes. I thought Lady Sif's scenes in Thor 2 has to be shortened because she fell down some stairs. I can't imagine those shoes helped with her balance.

There are plenty of short, male actors in Hollywood and they make them look taller in a variety of ways, without requiring them to wear heels (or at least only requiring them to wear heels for regular walking and talking scenes, like RDJ (although he seems to wear substantial heels in regular life)).

Heck, I can recall very few scenes in Xena: Warrior Princess where Xena didn't appear to be one of the tallest people on screen and Lucy Lawless' boots were a pair of Nikes wrapped in leather. They simply reinforced Xena's height by casting a short co-star (Renee O'Connor as Gabrielle) and by filming scenes to ensure that Xena remained statuesque no matter who she was appearing opposite.

All that typed, the costume is what it is. I just hope we don't get any of those awkward shots where Wonder Woman's boots magically change from wedges to flat heels during action sequences depending upon the action that is being performed and whether Gal Gadot or the stunt double was able to do the scene while wearing wedges.

In the documentary "Double Dare" about stuntwomen, they talk to stuntwomen working on both Xena and the WW 70s TV show and they did complain about having to work in heels and how a woman looking sexy in the costume seems more important than functionality. In the 70s WW show they would tape their ankles, or you can see when it cuts to the stuntwoman, she is running in flats for the action scenes

Wedges are easier to walk in, but no one who wanted to live through a fight would wear them for doing what WW does. They would absolutely interfere and be a hindrance. Flats are always going to be best for active wear. Heels are to look hot and be tall.

Is it Zena or Xena? My Mom said she watched the show when I was a little kid and it was Zena with a Z. :confused:

The more I look at it, I believe it's function is purely to add height and not to put a women in heels.

Of course it is. If it were for pure looks just to make her look ****tier they'd have given her stilettos. Instead they go with the most practical option they have to add height and yet people still moan.

Of course it is. If it were for pure looks just to make her look ****tier they'd have given her stilettos. Instead they go with the most practical option they have to add height and yet people still moan.

Wedges are stupid, I can't believe this. You know what would be better?

STILTS.

Gal's gotta be at least 5 foot 9 if she's a catwalk model (there's a minimum height preference that very few people circumvent; It could be 5 foot 8). At any rate, she's gotta be tall and don't think the height addition is worth giving a warrior an obvious high heeled look. That's just me though. I think she's tall enough and that the heels take more away from the look than they add.

Well, she's supposed to be an Amazon, so the height can't hurt.

I think she's tall enough and that the heels take more away from the look than they add.

I agree.

To be fair, I rarely noticed either Black Widow's heels or Lady Sif's heels in their various movie appearances. I really only notice them in still images.

While Wonder Woman's heels are pretty obvious in this promotional image, it's likely that they won't be particularly noticeable in the movie. And they certainly won't be as obvious and impractical as any of the heels which Catwoman has worn in her various live-action movie appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"