BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the best that I could find over that description. if I found one I'll let you know.
And yeah I think especially in that drawing armor shoulders looks that have some mobility.
Thanks. You've been great with finding all these costume pics lately. :yay:

I'll post again for this thread.
You say it should have been done long ago...but we've seen variations on the classic design before that are very similar to those. These aren't new concepts neccessarily, it's just that in comics, the preference is for traditional depictions more than anything else.
True but that is the look that DC have been promoting most and want to be the main look the general populace associate with WW. The 1960's version of the character is still on lunch boxes, t-shirts and generally everything WW related. They aren't trying to make a "new look" the norm like Marvel did years ago and upgraded what people generally associated (the 90's look) to their more modern version for promotion of the characters.

Hey remember that time when you and a lot of other dudes who don't want the panties were bashing on every panties costume, saying stuff like "the panties costume looks ridiculous" and "she looks like a stripper", etc?

honestly, I don't care about panties, pants, straps, skirts, boots, etc. I just want her to look like Wonder Woman. When I watch this movie I want to see Wonder Woman.
Who said childishness was only exclusive with one side? I did not nor did I imply such. My point is that if we are asked questions we can back up our arguments with facts that reinforce our statements. It feels like everyone who likes the briefs says it's just because of personal preference rather than anything logically deducible from evidence and will be angry at you for giving a different standpoint. We might both be passionate to a fault but some aren't really being articulate and making it hard to take their opinions seriously.

Thanks. You've been great with finding all these costume pics lately. :yay:
No problem :)
tumblr_n0khu50sxo1r41zlxo1_1280.png

check this other on the shoulder and straps make the look pretty ancient pretty Themyscira. :D look at the points between the plates to give them an articulated mobility.

tumblr_mkt80mizUb1rwvezyo2_500.jpg
tumblr_mkt80mizUb1rwvezyo1_500.jpg

I don't know you but I'm with the short one. It's really great.
Check the comparisson and share with us what do you think?

Weird I Like the second one more. I really like it actually. I'd be happy if they went with something like that for the movie or comics.The short one isn't bad either but I think she looks too much like what Scarlett Witch should look.

I vote for wild crazy armor. Something that's a touch gladiator, a touch witchblade, a touch patriotic, and all the same somehow sexy. Something that can't be seen as from the past or the future.

The other one is great also. But with the skirt over the pants in this case, it's the only thing I change for the costume.

I vote for wild crazy armor. Something that's a touch gladiator, a touch witchblade, a touch patriotic, and all the same somehow sexy. Something that can't be seen as from the past or the future.
tumblr_n2kfkzcfCC1qf4sngo1_500.jpg

:woot:
a bit longer skirt IMO. The straps here looks on place of the costume if you ask me and it gives the look of simple but also warrior.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but straps running up the middle of her breasts doesn't exactly draw attention away from the breasts. Which was the issue the straps were proposed to combat in the first place, yes?

Why must we have attention drawn away from her breasts? She is a sexy ass kicker. And a wonder woman. Woman being the operative word.

No problem :)
tumblr_n0khu50sxo1r41zlxo1_1280.png

check this other on the shoulder and straps make the look pretty ancient pretty Themyscira. :D look at the points between the plates to give them an articulated mobility.

I like the upper body armor. It actually looks protective.

tumblr_mkt80mizUb1rwvezyo2_500.jpg
tumblr_mkt80mizUb1rwvezyo1_500.jpg

I don't know you but I'm with the short one. It's really great.
Check the comparisson and share with us what do you think?

I think I like the second one more, but both are nice. Cute drawings too.

Oddly enough, I like that angle, especially that ambiguous age idea. Seems appropriate for her society somehow.
tumblr_n2kfkzcfCC1qf4sngo1_500.jpg

:woot:
a bit longer skirt IMO. The straps here looks on place of the costume if you ask me and it gives the look of simple but also warrior.

With a bit longer skirt, this is good. Love the eagle.
I'm sorry, but straps running up the middle of her breasts doesn't exactly draw attention away from the breasts. Which was the issue the straps were proposed to combat in the first place, yes?

The straps aren't usually in the middle of the breasts, but on the sides. They're more to lift the top up and prevent breasts spilling out. They give a more practical look for a physically active character.

The straps should be normal shoulder straps, not a halter top.

Well, no, the straps would be there to keep gravity from causing a HELLO NURSE! moment. When either a big golden W or eagle is wrapped around the bustier of the outfit, there's no fear of detracting from said area anyways :woot:

Other than it being a fashion choice I disagree with, again, there's no breast support most of the time. Also, I was not a fan of JL: War. WW didn't look right with her chest so covered up yet sporting arm warmers.

Also, to whoever thought straps were supposed to distract from the breasts, get it right; They're there to help the breasts, not distract from them.

Other than it being a fashion choice I disagree with, again, there's no breast support most of the time. Also, I was not a fan of JL: War. WW didn't look right with her chest so covered up yet sporting arm warmers.

Also, to whoever thought straps were supposed to distract from the breasts, get it right; They're there to help the breasts, not distract from them.

well said....

I agree about the support issue, but the halter doesn't have to look like the JL war outfit. The neckline could still be open. JL war made the halter into a turtle neck for some reason. To be honest, that costume was off-balance. It covered areas that should be visible, like the neck and arms while exposing areas like the upper thighs that should be covered ideally.

Regardless, shoulder straps are better for support.

I understand where your coming from Majik but I don't mind either way as long as she looks and is supported. And JL: War and everything associated with it and its characterizations was a slap in the face.. I mean:doh:

I agree that straps don't detract from the breast they can add to the support and make a woman look more bodacious. SMG is not a huge chested woman but she looks very sexy here. So putting on a strap does not mean you are taking away from her chest but adding to it.
cruel+intentions+cover.jpg

I think WW's status as a physically active person and a warrior is the major reason why she needs straps. From experience, I can say that strapless styles fall down with minimal activity like walking, having dinner, etc. They are very uncomfortable to run in due to the lack of support. Why on Earth would someone go into battle in something like that?

I think WW's status as a physically active person and a warrior is the major reason why she needs straps. From experience, I can say that strapless styles fall down with minimal activity like walking, having dinner, etc. They are very uncomfortable to run in due to the lack of support. Why on Earth would someone go into battle in something like that?

Practicality doesn't always take precedence when adapting iconic outfits. More often than not it tends to take the backseat and only appear when the design elements have been established.

Personally I'd prefer they do without it, but it's not something I'm particularly stressed about at all. And I'm usually a stickler for stuff like this.

Capes are a far more cumbersome accessory, but we've readily accepted it on the likes of Supes and Bats for the better part of this century. Straps or no straps, I don't presume the audience cares enough to notice.

Practicality doesn't always take precedence when adapting iconic outfits. More often than not it tends to take the backseat and only appear when the design elements have been established.

Personally I'd prefer they do without it, but it's not something I'm particularly stressed about at all. And I'm usually a stickler for stuff like this.

Capes are a far more cumbersome accessory, but we've readily accepted it on the likes of Supes and Bats for the better part of this century. Straps or no straps, I don't presume the audience cares enough to notice.

Straps are important. They give the impression that someone would go into battle in that outfit. That matters, I think. Plus, they don't take away from a design. If they were something large or ugly, I would say leave them out. But they're a little thing that says "this outfit is made for a warrior, not a model that just stands there looking pretty."

But I see your point and I'm sure many don't care. To me, they make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"