• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Just wanted to pass on to everybody that we've officially cast the role of Glinda, the Good Witch of the South. Head on over to the site for the full scoop...

We should be announcing more cast members soon.

Hey folks. There hasn't been anything to report as for the last month or so, we've just been acquiring materials and getting ready for the shoot, which officially started today. We've updated the site with a couple of pictures of Mariellen in her costume and such, so if you're interested, go ahead and check it out, if you're not... don't.

Obvious, really.

http://www.independentstoriesinc.com/WonderfulWizard.htm

Good luck to you all!

Looking forward to seeing your version. :)

Yeah..hope all is going to work out and I want to see how this turns out. Big fan of the book and yeah, I loved the 1939 movie, but am always interested in seeing a different take on something and you said it's more inline with the book, so I like that.

But is this like a very independant film? Will it actually hit DVD? What's the full scoop here? Looking at the website and all, just trying to get full details about it.

Noticed Glinda's played by Leah Copeland. She looks very familer. I know a Copeland and they look very similer, wonder if they're related? Ask her if she has relitives in Missouri.

Congrats on the start you two! Exciting stuff :up:

Good luck on your production. I know its tough to get things going and have everything run smoothly. I myself want to get into the tv/film production world one day soon. Like above poster whats your plans for this film, direct to video or theatical release(limited/wide)?

lets hope they make the whole series of books into twisted little films we can all enjoy.

Totally forgot all about this.

I'm still behind you guys 100%!

Wow! I never forgot about this. In fact, I frequently check your site for updates! I wish you guys the best of luck!

Apparently there have been some updates to www.independentstoriesinc.com/WonderfulWizard.htm ... I have been sort of sidelining the site (I like some of the comics and stories there) and noticed that some pictures were added. I have read most of the thread and have heard that most seem to think its a good idea.

However, I wonder what it will be like being mostly some sort of (apparent) CGI.

Thoughts?

I have never read the book, but it looks like an awesome project. Certainly a different spin on the 1939 movie, a much darker movie. It looks awesome though.

Congrats on the start you two! Exciting stuff :up:

Watson, dear... before I realized that was Stitch, in your avvy, it looked strangely like Baloo sitting on Mowgli's face. And bouncing. Which alarmed me.

But I couldn't NOT pass that on. :D

Good luck on your production. I know its tough to get things going and have everything run smoothly. I myself want to get into the tv/film production world one day soon. Like above poster whats your plans for this film, direct to video or theatical release(limited/wide)?

We'll go direct to video if we have to, but we're going to try getting in at some film festivals like Sundance and see if we can get a distributor interested. We believe in the project and our star is doing an amazing job for us. We have a vested interest in making sure the project as a whole doesn't let down her performance, or the fans of the material, or our vision.

If we can carry that off, we ought to be able to get somebody's attention.

Well the best of luck getting a distributor, and if you go to any festivals. I was a production assistant on this independent film shot in my home city in upstate ny last summer. I cant wait to see that film's finished version. The director/producers been trying to get a distrubtor for it for awhile.

I read the a draft of the script for this a few weeks ago...it's a solid effort. There's a lot of love that's been put into this. It's not as dark as you'd think, more quirky than anything else.

If you ever need a third party to review your script, concept art or anything, I'll certainly help you out. I'm a media student, love films, star and make in several of my own, so I'm not exactly a noob when it comes to these things.

I'm going to keep a close eye on you guys as you go. You both have obviously put forth tons of effort into this project, and I hope your hardwork pays off :up:

If you guys have to go direct to DVD, just LMK when you're taking orders and I'll gladly pay for one. Would be willing to look at clips and such as you go also :)

My memory sucks though, so I'd have to be reminded about it :csad:

I Wonder if you would like any help with concept design... I did this manip a while back

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/325/0/0/MY_WIZARD_OF_OZ_by_rainingcrow.png

Thanks for the interest, but, uh... two things. The first is that if you check out our website you'll see we're well past the concept design stage. We decided to stay pretty faithful to the source material.

The second is that, in the future, you might scale your photoshop manips down for the internet, as it just took me about ten minutes to load that image on a digital cable modem.

Still, we do appreciate your interest. :)

well first, I did actually stay faithful to the book. I made sure to have the page opened to each character as I designed them... I simply created them as I imagined their descriptions.

Secondly, you must have one very slow modem. I am also on digital cable. As I do not have my works saved on this computer and must download from my deviantart page... I too had to download the image to view it. all in all took about 4 seconds.

the smaller version can be found on deviantart but the full download has more detail.

as for your being past concept... I was under the impression that the bulk of your work beyond shooting was going to be cgi. So I thought it was still early enough.

No matter, perhaps someone else will take interest.

Why are you so defensive, man? I wasn't being mean or rude to you. I didn't say anything bad about your designs... I said the picture was kind of huge (and it is) and I offered some friendly advice, that's all.

If you check out the website we very clearly show our designs for the Lion, the Woodman and the Scarecrow, all being very similar to the way they were drawn by W.W. Denslow for the original 1899 publication of the book.

Also, while people seem to be under the impression that we're doing a CGI film, it's actually a live-action film with a couple of CGI characters (and a puppet for Scarecrow).

Anyway, while there's plenty of help we could use, design really isn't an area we're lacking in. And I meant it when I said we thanked you for your interest.

dude... wasnt bein defensive man, just explanitive. Sorry if it looks that way when typed out... I wouldnt wanna sound like a *****. I know the pic is big... but I still think your computer must be kinda slow...

dude... wasnt bein defensive man, just explanitive. Sorry if it looks that way when typed out... I wouldnt wanna sound like a *****. I know the pic is big... but I still think your computer must be kinda slow...

No worries. I know how that is.

My computer is probably four or five years old, it's not too slow. Our internet is highspeed but it's not as fast as some. I had dial-up for so long though that my cable modem makes me very happy, even if there are faster ones out there. :)

yeah... after my laptop goin down, and losin the mac...I think my desktop is too slow now, but hey I guess I should smile that its apparently not too bad.

Bell%20Dress%20BTS.jpg

Just wanted to give everybody another glimpse behind the scenes... Dorothy gets a new dress at the Emerald City, as she starts to mature a little and begins to accept her destiny as sort of the liberator of Oz, the slayer of wicked witches and the ouster of false wizards.

When Oz sends her out to destroy the WWW, she is wearing this dress... symbolically in green (the color of Oz) and white (the color of a white witch).

Head on over to the site for the full story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"