The World of Nintendo RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnage27

No one's puppet
Reaction score
So...I came up with this the other day, and I just couldn't get it out of my head, so I typed it down. I'm open for critiques/changes(such as adding other company's characters, etc), so let me know if you're interested. I think I've got a cool world here, let me know.

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Carnage27

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: Yes contact me here if you want it

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: None yet, preferably one or two if the game gets going.

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: It’s going to be in the same vein as RPGs like the World of Heroes and One Universe. There will be PCs and players will also be allowed to use NPCs in their arcs.

I think I’ve dreamt up a pretty interesting world, that encompasses all of Nintendo’s greatest characters. Some have been reimagined to fit the feel/style of the world, but I feel they work none the less. For instance, Fox Mcloud is now an airship pilot instead of a starship pilot. Also, since pokeballs would be much to advanced, Pokemon are trained by their masters, rather than being captured.

Basically the world will be in a technological age that will be similar to The Legend of Zelda. Swords, shields, bows, and the like will be the weaponry of the day, but guns and cannons, though rare, do exist. Of course magic will be in play, as well as Mario’s famous power-ups. Ships are the way of traversing the seas, yet there are a few airships that cross the sky.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer):

Welcome to the world of Nintendo. A world filled with horrible conflict, yet at the same time astounding beauty. It is comprised of two large continents and one smaller continen; the rest of the world is covered by oceans dotted by islands and island chains. Almost all geographical possibilities are realized in this world, from mountain ranges to great lakes.

The largest of the continents is named for the kingdom that has ruled it for as long as anyone can remember: Hyrule. Said kingdom covers over half of the large landmass, and encompasses landmarks such as Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, the Gerudo Desert, and the Kokiri Forest. Hyrule’s armies are well trained and numerous, ranking as the strongest fighting force on the planet. Those that do not serve in the king’s army make their living as farmers, ranchers, and fishermen. Humans comprise the majority of the kingdom, and live in relative harmony with the Gorons, Zoras, and Dekus that share the land. But the peace and harmony is an illusion, and a great evil lays dormant in the desert, biding its time before unleashing its horrors upon the world.

Along the southern border of Hyrule, however, lies Donkey Kong Country. This wild and untamed place is the home of the sentient ape-like creature Donkey Kong, and his kin. This region is mostly rainforest, and is slashed apart by tropical rivers, running silently towards the sea. The tribes of apes are constantly at war with the other natives of the jungle; the reptilian Kremlins. DK Country’s coast is also a haven for pirates and smugglers to bring, or bury, their goods onto the mainland.

The second continent is divided into two separate nations. The first is the peace loving Mushroom Kingdom. This monarchy is under the protection of the man simply known as Mario, as well as his brother Luigi. The kingdom has a modest army, although it’s numbers and proficeny do not come close to rivaling their Hyrulian allies. Outside of the capital city, the Mushroom Kingdom is comprised of small settlements. Although seemingly simple, the kingdom is rich in resources, and is the constant target for conquering by its neighbor; the Koopa Kingdom. The Koopas are led by the nefarious King Bowser, who will stop at nothing to obtain the Mushroom Kingdom’s lands…and its princess.

The third and final continent is know as Dreamland, and is currently in a state of civil war. It’s despot, King Dedede, is a cruel and unforgiving leader, bent on his own glorification and power. His army’s general, MetaKnight, ensures the land’s devotion stays with the king by crushing all that oppose. But a glimmer of hope still shimmers in Dreamland, and a hero is about to emerge.

The islands are varied and beautiful. Some are under the control of pirates, some are devoted to the taming and breeding of creatures known as Pokemon, and some are yet to be explored. The most famous of the islands is Yoshi Island, which is home to the reptilian Yoshis. Ships sail the sapphire blue oceans, searching for new lands to explore, or defending their homelands from foreign invaders.

Welcome to the world of Nintendo. A world that is teetering on the edge of all out war. The only question is…

Will you help liberate it? Or conquer it?

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): For one, a new world to explore that hasn’t been done here yet. Secondly, it gives a chance for people to play some of their favorite video game players in a persistent world that makes sense, rather than the last video game RPG.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: The World of Nintendo RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

Screen Name:

Character you wish to play:

Background (list the history of your character here.):

What Font and Color will you be using for your character's speech:

Items (What major weapons and the like does your character carry?):

Character Personality (Give a solid description on how your character acts, their morals, etc):

Character Alignment (Choose one): Good, Nuetral, Evil

What can you bring to this RPG:

How often can you post IN A DAY in this RPG:

Sample Post (write a sample post that is at least 4 paragraphs long and containing at least 3 lines of dialogue):

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype:

Last edited:
I would be on board, but I for the record DON'T like the idea of no technology being allowed for certain characters. If each major Nintendo franchise is going to have it's own area of land in this world, there's no reason why the areas inhabited by StarFox, Metroid and Pokemon characters can't have technology native to their own games/worlds. IMHO Samus should have her suit, Fox should have his Arwing, and Pokemon trainers should have Pokeballs, etc...

I also think that the application should be more simplified than the one you posted. Other than those two things, I would be in and I'd be applying for Link.

Carnage man, this probably wont fly. BL tried something like it before, and it ****ed up eventually. Good plan though :up:

I would be on board, but I for the record DON'T like the idea of no technology being allowed for certain characters. If each major Nintendo franchise is going to have it's own area of land in this world, there's no reason why the areas inhabited by StarFox, Metroid and Pokemon characters can't have technology native to their own games/worlds. IMHO Samus should have her suit, Fox should have his Arwing, and Pokemon trainers should have Pokeballs, etc...

I also think that the application should be more simplified than the one you posted. Other than those two things, I would be in and I'd be applying for Link.

Eh, the way I see it, is if they've got all these laser and technology, what stops Andross from completely destroying the Mushroom Kingdom? Or Hyrule. Bows and arrows aren't much of a match to star ships.

And what problem do you have with the app? Just curious.

Last edited:
Eh, the way I see it, is if they've got all these laser and technology, what stops Andross from completely destroying the Mushroom Kingdom? Or Hyrule. Bows and arrows aren't much of a match to star ships.

It's just a bit too long is all. Some of those questions can be combined (i.e. A character's items and personality can be explained with the characters background) and some aren't even really neccessary (i.e. You don't really need to know the characters alignment if you know their faction, and vice versa).

As for the whole Andross taking over Hyrule or Mushroom Kingdom thing, you're right. There's nothing stopping him from doing that, but it would be cool to see Mario or Link try to take him down and maybe succeed. Or hell, they can even team up with the StarFox crew to take him out and save their respective kingdoms from destruction. It's not that it's bad idea to reduce the technology in this world, it's just that I don't think it's fair that some characters be nerfed or altered to fit in this universe. I personally think that each and every character should be like they are in their games, because IMO it's not fair that whoever wants to play Mario can play him just the way he is, and whoever wants to play Fox can't because there's little to no technology.

Besides, this game is based off of video games where literally ANYTHING is possible, so to me, it's not like it wouldn't make sense to have Fox flying around in his Arwing while Link's out exploring Hyrule with nothing but a boomerang and some small bombs, nor does it seem farfetched at all to see an intergalactic bounty hunter teaming up with a little pink puffball.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's all about the execution, as well as the storytelling. It may not make sense to have the Mushroom Kingdom and Lylat System co-exist at first, but that doesn't mean it can't be done if we don't try hard enough.

I edited the app.

I'm going to leave the set-up/story as is for now. If we get more interested players, and they want to change it, I'll do it then.

I'll refer you to three things you need to consider.

Mario
Link
Ewoks.

:o

Nah, I'm still behind in the two RPGs I'm already a part of, and I'm on the fence as to whether or not school and life is going to force me to part with them. I'm too busy to do this one.

Nah, I'm still behind in the two RPGs I'm already a part of, and I'm on the fence as to whether or not school and life is going to force me to part with them. I'm too busy to do this one.

Okie dokie.

Drop Brottor, and I'll ****ing kill you. :fhm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back