The Worst President in History?

So the USS Jimmy Carter. Did you know if you get trapped in one of the bathrooms no one will be sent to help you?

i agree. the whole bush administration. not only him. seriously the 2004 election i was like wtf. :confused: but it had everything to do with religion. trust me i live in the bible belt. they didn't pay attention to anything but abortion and gay marriage. that's all they talked about. it was soo sad :(

LarryLegend said:
Usually historians wait to evaluate presidencies in order to gain some perspective. Ranking W right now is mere shallow, pop cultural pandering.

Yeah, just another example of the media Bush bashing without waiting to see how things turn out....but this time they are trying to make themselves look "credible" :rolleyes:

JoLiE_MeNdEz said:
i agree. the whole bush administration. not only him. seriously the 2004 election i was like wtf. :confused: but it had everything to do with religion. trust me i live in the bible belt. they didn't pay attention to anything but abortion and gay marriage. that's all they talked about. it was soo sad :(

You mean Kerry wasnt Christian????

Admiral_N8 said:
You mean Kerry wasnt Christian????

i didn't say that. i said that people here never took time to look at the news or information. they just went with what everyone else was doing and only paid attention to abortion and gay marriage, calling kerry a baby killer and a *** lover ( how mature of these people :rolleyes: ) even though he said himself he was a very religious man. but did they watch that debate? no. i could only name 1 pro bush who actually watched the debates and the news. i respected his views because he actually knew what he was talking about even though i wasn't pro bush.

JoLiE_MeNdEz said:
i didn't say that. i said that people here never took time to look at the news or information. they just went with what everyone else was doing and only paid attention to abortion and gay marriage, calling kerry a baby killer and a *** lover ( how mature of these people :rolleyes: ) even though he said himself he was a very religious man. but did they watch that debate? no. i could only name 1 pro bush who actually watched the debates and the news. i respected his views because he actually knew what he was talking about even though i wasn't pro bush.

So you are saying the people who voted for bush didnt watch the debates and voted for Bush beause he was religious....so you didnt think Bush supporters knew Kerry was Christian?

You making a lot of ignorant assumptions about 50,000,000+ people, most voted for who they wanted because thats who they thought would be best for the country.

Admiral_N8 said:
So you are saying the people who voted for bush didnt watch the debates and voted for Bush beause he was religious....so you didnt think Bush supporters knew Kerry was Christian?

You making a lot of ignorant assumptions about 50,000,000+ people, most voted for who they wanted because thats who they thought would be best for the country.

i may have misquoted myself. from the majority here where i live, yes it was mostly their religious beliefs. it didn't matter what religion the two politicians were it's what they believed. that's what i'm talking about. not a politician being christian :rolleyes: but the beliefs of the majority living where i lived, their beliefs.

why dont we jst re-title thios "the everyone here hates bush(the bad kind) thread"

Snipershot said:
why dont we jst re-title thios "the everyone here hates bush(the bad kind) thread"

Because Bush isn't the worst president in history. I'd suggest you pick up a history book and read about some presidents before. You'd be amazed at how some people got to office and stayed considering what they did.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
The worst president ever is Jimmy Carter. Hands down.

Carter, while in the lower tiers is redeemed by a few things...

1) Many things were beyond his control (Iran hostages).
2) The fact that he was almost....too good to be president.
3) His post presidency is probably the best in history.

Matt said:
Carter, while in the lower tiers is redeemed by a few things...

1) Many things were beyond his control (Iran hostages).
2) The fact that he was almost....too good to be president.
3) His post presidency is probably the best in history.

Agreed. Very true.

LarryLegend said:
He did good right after 9-11.

But to be fair practically anyone could have. Bush could've had a 1 % approval rating and the day after 9/11 he would've had a 92 %. The fact is, 9/11 was beyond Bush's control and any president would've done the same thing (given speeches, visited ground zero, war with Afgahnistan, etc)...The things that have been within Bush's control have all failed miserably.

Spidey-Bat said:
Because Bush isn't the worst president in history. I'd suggest you pick up a history book and read about some presidents before. You'd be amazed at how some people got to office and stayed considering what they did.

Yea...by default shouldn't William Henry Harrison be the worst president? The dude did LITERALLY nothing. He died in 30 days because he was too stubborn to wear a coat on a below freezing day. By default he has to be the worst president.

JoLiE_MeNdEz said:
i may have misquoted myself. from the majority here where i live, yes it was mostly their religious beliefs. it didn't matter what religion the two politicians were it's what they believed. that's what i'm talking about. not a politician being christian :rolleyes: but the beliefs of the majority living where i lived, their beliefs.

Of course people vote on what the politicians believe in, so what was your point...saying they voted based on the politicians religion?

I think you arent being clear here.

Grant and Nixon rank amonst the worse, but Bush I feel will not be ranked that much above them.

Admiral_N8 said:
Yeah, just another example of the media Bush bashing without waiting to see how things turn out....but this time they are trying to make themselves look "credible" :rolleyes:

Its not fact...it is the opinion of one president that Bush will wind up in the lowest tier. Right now, especially if the democrats take control of one of the houses of Congress..he likely will be, for the sheer fact that he will have accomplished nothing in his second term. Bush either needs to reach to the other side...win back his party and the public...or accept that the lower tiers are likely for him.

Admiral_N8 said:
Of course people vote on what the politicians believe in, so what was your point...saying they voted based on the politicians religion?

no no no i'm not saying that!. ugh. i'm saying that people here did not bother to watch the news or debates. i said i could only name one pro bush person who actually watched the news and debates and that i respected him because of it. not people all following what others were saying or that something that was against their religious beliefs should come between their decision on who would be their better president. unless you lived here you wouldn't know. that's all i was saying!

30 years from now,he'll be remembered as a hero.

Admiral_N8 said:

Bush won Ohio because of the religious vote. There is practically no question there. Ohio took the worst economic hit and yet they voted for him? Why? Because of the gay marriage amendment on Ohio's ballot. It brought out the Amish vote for godsakes. It was political strategy (and a smart one at that).

Although, I personally think the Ohio election was fixed. No way Bush won Cuyohoga County...I mean, Cuyohoga is a bunch of poor, minorities. How on earth could Bush have won that? Especially being as it had a high turn out rate.

Matt said:
Bush won Ohio because of the religious vote. There is practically no question there. Ohio took the worst economic hit and yet they voted for him? Why? Because of the gay marriage amendment on Ohio's ballot. It brought out the Amish vote for godsakes. It was political strategy (and a smart one at that).

Although, I personally think the Ohio election was fixed. No way Bush won Cuyohoga County...I mean, Cuyohoga is a bunch of poor, minorities. How on earth could Bush have won that? Especially being as it had a high turn out rate.

that's what i meant!a large majority of the votes were for their religious beliefs.

JoLiE_MeNdEz said:
no no no i'm not saying that!. ugh. i'm saying that people here did not bother to watch the news or debates. i said i could only name one pro bush person who actually watched the news and debates and that i respected him because of it. not people all following what others were saying or that something that was against their religious beliefs should come between their decision on who would be their better president. unless you lived here you wouldn't know. that's all i was saying!

Ok, gotcha :up:

But I wouldnt form an opinion on the entire population of Bush-voters based on just your area...not saying you did though. :supes:

At first glance, the idea that George W. Bush is considered the worst President in US history seems to have overwhelming support, but there is a mitigating factors here: The current President is always more likely to receive more negative attention that they might years after they are out of office.

It will probably end up being me again. I wasnt very effective, most people cant even remember my term. At least I will win the Championship

Matt said:

Ah here we go, the "Bush fixed the election because he knew EXACTLY which county [out of the 10s of thousands] he had to fix" crowd.

How can you call it the religious vote? Kerry and Bush are the same religion. If they voted based on their religion how would that have worked?

Is it really so hard to believe that people in Ohio just didnt like Kerry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"