The Wrestling Thread Saw the End of An Era - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys! :csad:

WWE HALL OF FAME CHIEF JAY STRONGBOW PASSES AWAY

By Mike Johnson on 2012-04-03 16:15:19

04.jpg

We don't have much in the way of details yet but WWE Hall of Famer Chief Jay Strongbow (real name Joe Scarpa) passed away earlier today, according to a note written by Jim Ross on Twitter. Our deepest condolences to Scarpa's friends and family.

http://pwinsider.com/article/67340/wwe-hall-of-fame-chief-jay-strongbow-passes-away.html?p=1

RIP, Chief. Call Davey Boy "Robot" when you see him.

jesus i havent seen raw but i missed an entire thread what i miss, what was the reaction to raw, how did nell piss someone off now, are people happy with the idea of a cena/brock feud

You missed a decent Raw with a big "surprise" at the end, The reaction was so so but the live crowd crowd was a real kicker, he didn't piss anyone off (yet), and finally...I'd say people are cautiously optimistic. :funny:

I love how since Bryan got that reaction, Nell is nowhere to be seen.

You missed a decent Raw with a big "surprise" at the end, The reaction was so so but the live crowd crowd was a real kicker, he didn't piss anyone off (yet), and finally...I'd say people are cautiously optimistic. :funny:

i know the surprise because i kinda jumped to the end of the recorded version to see it. this si the downside to working extra hours i dont get to watch anything till my next day off

wrestlemania was the most fun ive had in 5 years. im gonna start going to indy shows and raw whenever they come here

Shame about Jay Strongbow. Never saw is work but I believe he was an agent and no one ever had a bad thing to say about him.

i do feel bad for cena he has been busting his ass for 10 years and been carrying the WWE for past 6 years he did'nt have a savage or a warrior like hogan or an austin or hhh like rock did he has carried it all alone

yet 2 guys who have been away from 8 years come back and get more support than a guy who has been their 10 year straight

like cena said he was a wwe superstar when it was'nt cool to be one

I wouldn't feel too bad, if Cena really gave a **** he'd make the necessary changes so that his character could appeal to the entire audience instead of just the women and children. He's either happy with being the face of the company, being rich, and having a hot wife or he's just as screwed up as people like Hogan and Vince and buys into his own hype way too much. Probably the first one, he seems cool like that.

04.jpg

We don't have much in the way of details yet but WWE Hall of Famer Chief Jay Strongbow (real name Joe Scarpa) passed away earlier today, according to a note written by Jim Ross on Twitter. Our deepest condolences to Scarpa's friends and family.

http://pwinsider.com/article/67340/wwe-hall-of-fame-chief-jay-strongbow-passes-away.html?p=1

Another loss. I had never seen him in action or heard about his work, but I recall the name.

A reaction DB got in the heart of Rock country no less. :funny:

And getting a reaction as great as the Rock to boot.

RIP Jay Strongbow.

I think we might get Lesnar/Cena at Extreme Rules. Lesnar will win and then Cena will win the rematch at Over the limit.

too bad batista isnt coming back. id like to see him feud with cena again since they had some good matches

[YT]IZcwPGLqQ9I[/YT]
Has anyone seen this? Dean Ambrose is going to be huge, the way he acted in this video really made him seem like a big deal.

[YT]IZcwPGLqQ9I[/YT]
Has anyone seen this? Dean Ambrose is going to be huge, the way he acted in this video really made him seem like a big deal.
[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvUG-_YjNLI[/YT]

04.jpg

RIP Jay Strongbow

[YT]IZcwPGLqQ9I[/YT]

Bit of a stupid accusation to throw at Mick (regardless of it being a work), pro wrestlers have been killing themselves in the ring since way before Foley was throwing himself off 18 foot cells.

Chief Jay Strongbow will be missed by his family, fans, and the wrestling community. He's up there with Chief Wahoo McDaniel and Mark Youngblood. Strongbow mentored Tatanka in the early-90's. According to Scott Hall, Strongbow used to tell him that he can either make friends or make money. Hall and the Kliq made both in the wrestling industry.

So glad Lesnar came back. Never thought I'd see that. I hope to see him wrestle Cena, Rock, Undertaker, Helmsley, Punk, and Sheamus.

Re: Bryan

I think we can all agree the decision made at WM 28 to have Danielson lose in record time was dumb, but it might have worked out for the better. As we saw last night, the Yes! movement was the backlash for what happened on Sunday and I think it might make him a bigger face than he was the first time around so having Sheamus feud with Del Rio instead was a smart move.

As for Cena Vs. Rock

The story:

The Rock left to go do his thing for awhile

Cena criticized him harshly

Rock came back pissed off about the lack of respect and gave his response

Cena trash talked some more

More words exchanged between the two until they finally confronted each other which resulted in Cena attacking Rock from behind like a coward.

Rock cost Cena the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 27 to get back at him.

Cena challenges Rock the next night, to which The Rock accepted warning him beforehand "You have no idea what you just asked for."

Vince theatens to fire Cena during his feud with CM Punk so Cena tries to kiss up to The Rock

The Rock doesn't buy it and Rock Bottoms him again at Survivor Series

Cena gets mad and doesn't take Rock seriously heading into Wrestlemania

The Rock whoops his ass

Seeing how Cena was acting heelish at times for the past year, I'm fine with Rock going over especially considering the match was in Rock's home state (hometown in this case) in the main event of Wrestlemania. Had Cena won, it would've been the equivalent of Austin losing at WM 17.

And the best part of it all, the irony of Cena using the song "Invincible" and losing the match! :word:

Bit of a stupid accusation to throw at Mick (regardless of it being a work), pro wrestlers have been killing themselves in the ring since way before Foley was throwing himself off 18 foot cells.
He does have a point. That stupid deathmatch stuff with light tubes and staple guns didn't take off until after Foley did that stuff.

Re: Bryan

I think we can all agree the decision made at WM 28 to have Danielson lose in record time was dumb, but it might have worked out for the better. As we saw last night, the Yes! movement was the backlash for what happened on Sunday and I think it might make him a bigger face than he was the first time around so having Sheamus feud with Del Rio instead was a smart move.

Bryan will be fine, I reckon. This whole incident will pan out to do him more good than harm, IMO. It's also being stated than D-Bry won't be punished as a result of the reaction, so he'll be just fine.

It's Sheamus who I'm more worried about, however. Although it is likely it may all die down in a week or two, I don't underestimate the hardcore wrestling crowd, nor the rabid AmDrag fans who have been severely burnt here, and rightly so are retaliating, though with the wrong target being caught in the crossfire.

I think we might get Lesnar/Cena at Extreme Rules. Lesnar will win and then Cena will win the rematch at Over the limit.

Will Lesnar's ego allow Cena to be put over?

Chief Jay Strongbow will be missed by his family, fans, and the wrestling community. He's up there with Chief Wahoo McDaniel and Mark Youngblood. Strongbow mentored Tatanka in the early-90's. According to Scott Hall, Strongbow used to tell him that he can either make friends or make money. Hall and the Kliq made both in the wrestling industry.
Only seen a couple of his matches but liked his character. Rip strongbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"