The Wrestling Thread MUST End In Pinball Or Submission - - - - - Part 222

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty interested in where Finn fits in into all of this.

I dream of a submission match for the Women's title. Wouldn't mind Charlotte having a monster title reign.

The Styles/Reigns match was great. As was Owens and Zayn. The rest of the PPV....eh.
I really feel like Enzo's injury dampened a lot of things. I was more focused on news about him than anything else.
I thought Jericho looker horrible in those matches. He slowed AJ down and I felt nothing about what he did was great.
Jericho brought in some really good heat, which does nothing but make you want to root for AJ more, which was needed considering not everyone is familiar with his work in TNA or Japan.

Although 3+ matches felt like too much.

Not going to lie, I was never familiar with AJ before, but its things like this that have me really over with him. I love his work, I just wish he had better mic skills and was part of WWE sooner, although now might actually be the best time for guys like him to be in the company. I really hope he gets a good push in the next year.

Exactly....Jericho has to pace himself in a way that Reigns doesn't, but the story told in the Jericho matches was WAY better.

The only thing I fault Jericho for in his matches against AJ was that there were times he was OBVIOUSLY out of position for certain moves.

While AJ carried the match I gotta say that Roman sold more and better than I've seen him do in some time.

What I like most about the match is that AJ doesn't come away looking any weaker than he did going in. In fact both guys came out looking better.
I mean, Jericho at that point was out of ring action for a while. But his match with Neville and his injury shows how smart he is with calling a match.

And if anything, I feel like AJ dominated Roman in the first half. I obviously expected Roman to win, and I'm glad there were too much shenanigans in terms of the interference costing someone the match, but it definitely ended in a way where you'd want to see a rematch without all the interruptions

Plus, it gives them something to book for the PPV, which gives more time to draw out the Balor debut, assuming they use these next few weeks to build the tension between AJ and the Bullet Club.

Can't recall a time a cage match has ever kept anyone from interfering....Now HIAC on the other hand.
The first HIAC match ended with an interference. :funny:

I'm pretty interested in where Finn fits in into all of this.

I dream of a submission match for the Women's title. Wouldn't mind Charlotte having a monster title reign.
I expect Bullet Club to turn on AJ by the next month. Build a feud there once they're done with Usos. and then enter Balor, possibly in time for Summerslam.

As for the women, I expect Charlotte to hold until Sasha takes it off her at Summerslam. Give them some time to show the rest of the Women's division in that time. Maybe even bring in Bayley to lose before then.

Bayley won't come up until after Summerslam.

Since AJ won 2/3 tonight, the rematch should be a 2 out of 3 falls match.

So who runs Smackdown?

Only one man....

4216354_orig.jpg

I liked the IC title match. The work was good and the ending completely worked storywise. of course KO would focus on getting his title back after beating Zayn, and of course Zayn,would jump KO at the desk. Furthermore, Miz getting the win like he did doesn't hurt Cesaro, who was over like rover tonight. This is a case where outside forces getting involved worked perfectly.

A good way to Orton turn heel:

- RKO Cesaro out of nowhere.

I think Reigns has performed well in big matches. Personally, I thought he had a good showing in his match with Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31, and I thought the match with Trips at Mania 32 was fine. He and AJ worked well together tonight, as Styles bumped and sold like crazy for him. The outcome was expected, as Reigns shouldn't be losing the title on his first PPV title defense.

It's not Reigns' ring work that's the problem, at least not for me. Aside from Vince & Co. pushing him before he was ready, it's:
  • his inability to cut a promo
  • his lack of a defined character (although I think his "THE Guy" schtick has the potential to slowly evolve into a cocky, entitled heel)
  • and the fact that the other two Shield members have changed their looks, but Reigns is essentially wearing the same thing he wore when they debuted.

Dude is stale and needs a makeover. And a mouthpiece.

So Natalya trains with one of Ronda Rousey's MMA buddies in Shayna Baszler.

I loved seeing the spirit of John Cena posses Roman Regins tonight.

Glad to see enzo doing well

Payback 2016 Review:

13124708_10206758692793825_7326408318111850075_n.jpg

This was a tough call. While a win over a former world champion in his first major PPV singles match would've been huge for The Baron, you can't keep having The Showoff lose every match on PPV either. I heard the rumor that Corbin has a bad attitude backstage so the loss might've been done to put his ego in check.

13124431_10206758692753824_5850077409653481135_n.jpg

I really wanted Ryback to win the United States Title, but I'm almost for sure that frustration interview he conducted might've put him in the doghouse thus losing to Super Kalisto again. Still a freaking joke!

13124518_10206758692073807_8827287365212941121_n.jpg

The match was going good then Enzo got hurt. Very sad what happened and I pray for his well being. Just a grim reminder that a career can end in an instant. :(

13103487_10206758692113808_7289393412476455735_n.jpg

Great match. Just sucks Owen went over as the story called for Zayn to get the win.

13062168_10206758691633796_8248915640331474986_n.jpg

This rematch was the exact opposite of their previous one at Elimination Chamber 2013, lol.

13124568_10206758692033806_6290077999022533270_n.jpg

The match we were supposed to get at Wrestlemania 32 and this didn't disappoint as it made up for the lacklaster matches they had in Dallas.

13076862_10206758691673797_3272631624288983662_n.jpg

Montreal is played out and I hate it when they keep re-using the finish, BUT it was the right call in this case. It made Natalya look strong in defeat instead of getting pinned as usual and the belt stays on Flair to be saved for the match with Banks.

13076952_10206758691593795_6426539268982923728_n.jpg

It was a great main event! I felt like I was watching Shawn Michaels Vs. "Psycho" Sid Vicious again.
I knew Reigns was going to retain. He won the The Title at the biggest Wrestlemania ever and there was no way he was going to drop it so soon especially to the former Face Of TNA. I would've been fine with Styles winning by count-out, but alas Reigns HAS to look strong by winning per order of Vincent Kennedy McMahon. The point is Styles made Reigns look like a million bucks tonight by beating the sh** out of him and almost having his number by bringing the fight to him. The overbooked from SummerSlam 1996 finish was a buzzkill, but the storytelling was great and that's what WWE wrestling is supposed to be about!

[YT]8fEoWA9Vz3A[/YT]

Edit: Yes, they did turn the mics down during Reign's entrance again. You could hear a drop in the volume. And I LOL'ed at Chicago trolling McMahon with the CM Punk chants. He deserves it for being dumb enough to let one of his workers become disgruntled with the years of disrespect.

A Twitter Hater said:
Payback should be WWE giving fans refunds after tonight's show.

Last edited:
I very much enjoyed Payback last night. One of the better PPVs I've attended!

I had Owen Hart flashbacks with Enzo. I was pretty freaked out mostly because Big Cass was freaking out. Not to mention the idiotic fans behind me just seemed super amped that thought they seen someone die. The audience was very quiet and I had these grown adults sounding like kids in a toy store, "He's dead!He's dead! Oh man, crazy, he has to be!".:cmad:

Zayn and Owens got the crowd back into it though. Pro wrestling, man. What a trip.

^Those "fans" are disgusting.

The PPV was as good as the card let you hope.

Glad that Enzo is "okay"...the thing didnt look as bad first, but after some moments it hit me what happened.

Ryback is such an idiot, im glad that he lost again in the kickoff...i hate the guy so much.
Trying to get Cheap heat was pathetic.

Charlotte vs Natalya was good until the garbage ending.
It was so dumb.
Ric Flair also annoys me more and more...he hinders the womans division and especially Charlotte.

Corbin vs Ziggler was good...glad to see ziggler win.
Both guys winning would have been good.

Owens is the best heel we have currently...he is such a good bad guy.
He is strong, agile, he can work on the mic, can cut promos etc.
Loved him tonight more then ever before...give him a title.

The Match with Sami was so great and made Owens look very strong.

The Ic match was also good and helped build up a fatal 4 way feud(hopefully)
Cesaro is so good ever since his return...i love it.
Owens on the announce table is gold.

Nobody thought that Styles will win...Reigns retaining would have been okay...if the booking wouldnt be so atrocious.
Having him kick ouf after dozens of moves, yet not letting styles kick out after one spear is garbage.
Its the kind of crap that make people hate him.
But...at least he tries to make it look believeable, cena no sells the moves and acts like they cant hurt him at all.

Overall it was a good PPV, there was a lot of room for improvement...but if they can at least hold that level...then we are in for a good year.

I wish Mauro Ranallo did the commentary for the whole show instead of just the pre-show.

also Camp WWE.:up:

Wow, you actually liked Camp WWE? I don't feel weird now.

hopefully, AJ will stay in the main event / title hunt going forward.

I think it's too soon for him to win the title, but I don't want him falling back to the midcards after his loss to Reigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"