Sequels The X-FORCE Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
X-Force is better than what they would have given you which is solo character films like they were planning...more proof Fox execs have no idea what do with these properties. They can keep X-Men, at least they have someone like Wadlow to talk sense into them. Just let FF come home.

I have enough of solo movies. Just do X-Force with Deadpool as member of team.

I understand that Hollywood is in the business of making movies for profit, but I have no clue where this idea comes from that "the only financial success is blockbuster status."

For example, The Wolverine cost 120 million to make - even if it only ends up doing 200 million at the box office, how is 80 million profit a failure? I know there are advertising/marketing costs, but as long as a movie makes back its budget & then some, why isn't that considered a success?

The thing is they earn could so much more with releasing films with the original cast. So it would be way smarter if they just use their money and take their time on making films with their more marketable/appealing cast and they should do it while the cast still look good for their age and they are still willing to return.

Its not like the original cast aren't willing to comeback and they have no choice but to do spin-off movies.

I think they will. I think X-Force is a vague enough idea for us right now to have NO idea what it will be like. However it would spoil how things change in DOFP if they announce X-Men "5" right away...

I guess so.

But it won't really hurt them if they already reserved a release date for X5 like what Sony did to TASM3/TASM4.

X-force has a good chance of doing well, it really depends who they cast as cable and what they do with deadpool. They are both stand out characters

X-force has a good chance of doing well, it really depends who they cast as cable and what they do with deadpool. They are both stand out characters

I think Deadpool will work better as part of a team rather than a full movie of his own. The comedy relief character is suited to him.

The thing is they earn could so much more with releasing films with the original cast. So it would be way smarter if they just use their money and take their time on making films with their more marketable/appealing cast and they should do it while the cast still look good for their age and they are still willing to return.

Its not like the original cast aren't willing to comeback and they have no choice but to do spin-off movies.

Damn... I've never seen someone so obsessed about the sales. I'm sure FOX are just as concerned about profit as you are, so as a self-proffesed fan boy maybe you should have a little faith in them.

FOX will almost certainly pursue another film with the OT cast, and will have likely started production for that way before X-Force's ticket sales are considered. You really have nothing to worry about.

I've never read an X-Force book but I'm intrigued by the movie possibilities. I'm certain Fox will use this to redeem the Deadpool mess and I'm hoping Colossus is on the team.

I believe this is the current line-up.

i dont care who is in group as long as it has deadpool,cable,and domino
m9509j.jpg

I was gonna suggest Liam Neeson for Cable but Lang is absolutely perfect for the role.

That is a pretty cool line up - although I'd probably replace Dr. Nemesis and Forge with Psylocke and one of Deadpool/Angel/Warpath/Sunspot.

That book (CATXF) is quite good, and Colossus and Domino are dating in it (kind of, its more friends with benefits at this point, but with potential for more). That is not the full lineup (Boom Boom joined in issue #6). Replace Forge and Dr. Nemesis with Psylocke and X-23 or Wolfsbane and we're good.

Yeah, Hope Summers is there on CAXF as well. Then theres the current Humphries Uncanny X-Force lead by Betsy. Remenders UXF line up is still the best imo, just add Cable and Domino to it.

There's really a whole bunch of characters from the Nicieza/Lifeld run till now to use...

Last edited:
Me and most of people don't even know who's guy in tiger-ninja mask, replace him with Cable and now we're talking.
Also if we have Archangel, first there has to be shown how he was created.

Me and most of people don't even know who's guy in tiger-ninja mask, replace him with Cable and now we're talking.

Fantomex. Weapon XIII. Pretty much the scene stealer of that UXF run.

But yeah, he's a complicated character. Best go with Cable. Wouldn't complain if Fantomex is in it though. He's a good pairing with Psylocke and interesting character when written right. If they even attempted to do him and EVA I would give them credit.

I think thats Fantomex, and new characters are always a good thing to go along established ones. I would like to see him in it.

Damn... I've never seen someone so obsessed about the sales. I'm sure FOX are just as concerned about profit as you are, so as a self-proffesed fan boy maybe you should have a little faith in them.

FOX will almost certainly pursue another film with the OT cast, and will have likely started production for that way before X-Force's ticket sales are considered. You really have nothing to worry about.

I'm not obsessed with sales. But these box-office performances will have an effect in the future of this film franchise.

Yeah, the flick needs Domino. Tough to choose only 5.....

I don't know nearly as much about the X-Force as I do the X-Men, but my five picks for the group's lineup would be Wolverine, Colossus, Cable, Domino, and Deadpool (the Origins: Wolverine version 'resurrected' and altered to make him more like his comic counterpart), with the film being set in a slightly altered version of the 2023 dystopian future from DoFP, or in a non-dystopian version of that future.

Psylocke would be preferable to Colossus (though I do like him).

Wadlow heavily implied that the team would have 5 members. He never said anything about guest stars however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"