Sequels The X-FORCE Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably take Domino over Deadpool to be honest.

With Deadpool it's the same thing with Boom Boom. They both have very strong contrasting personalties compared to the rest of the team. One of them has to be their for the sake of entertainment and mixing things up in the group. Everyone else is ultra serious. Don't know if it would be a good idea to leave DP outta this one. Nobody rattles the cage like that guy.

Domino and Deadpool work really well together. I'd argue they are more interesting together then Cable and Domino in certain cases. Hell, their first appearance were even in the same comic. Dom was being impersonated by Copycat but still, would be very cool for them to both show up here.
Does it have to be just 5?

Seems that way, like Loki882 mentioned there was an interview with Wadlow and Millar where they said...
http://www.slashfilm.com/director-j...-force-movie-and-his-action-thriller-go-fast/
“People are going to be dissecting every name as it gets released,” said Millar, Fox’s consultant on all things Marvel. “So it will be so cool when you have your five.”

Who knows though, I'm sure there are more characters in the flick. Maybe there are members that switch sides at the end. Alot of those in X-Force.

Last edited:
Well good luck to them, its not easy to pick the 5 clearly!! haha

Yeah, all the characters are solid.

Theres probably more characters. Deadpool could very well not be part of the team but more a thorn in the teams side for most the flick till the end. Domino, Psylocke, Fantomex and Wolverine are good match ups for him in a fight and all those would probably play very well on screen....as long as Lasers,arm blades and Stryker are not involved.

Last edited:
Yeah, all the characters are solid.

Theres probably more characters. Deadpool could very well not be part of the team but more a thorn in the teams side for most the flick till the end. Domino, Psylocke, Fantomex and Wolverine are good match ups for him in a fight and all those would probably play very well on screen....as long as Lasers,arm blades and Stryker are not involved.

Dont even go there.

I somehow expect they would do Deadpool very different after last time.

Dont even go there.

I somehow expect they would do Deadpool very different after last time.

Haha. I'm sure they learned their lesson. Luckily we have a Writer/Director who's a fan this time around. :up:

Last edited:
Seems that way, like Loki882 mentioned there was an interview with Wadlow and Millar where they said...
http://www.slashfilm.com/director-j...-force-movie-and-his-action-thriller-go-fast/

Who knows though, I'm sure there are more characters in the flick. Maybe there are members that switch sides at the end. Alot of those in X-Force.

True, there is room to manouver but I think they will want to establish their core 5 from the start, and I think Cable, Deadpool and Domino will be 3. I'd pick Colossus as well but it depends on the budget.

^ Given that I really don't see them giving X-Force its own continuity separate from that of the X-Men franchise, what I think is the most likely scenario should they decide to 'redeem' the Deadpool character is that we won't get any specific references to Origins: Wolverine's version of the character, but we also won't get a version of the character who's specifically stated to BE a different character than the Deadpool who appeared in O:W even if he's closer to his comics counterpart.

I personally think they ought to just fully embrace the O:W version of the character, but find a way to make him more like his comics counterpart as a way to stay true to continuity but give fans what they want.

Should this deadpool break the 4th wall or would that take away some of the seriousness?

Should this deadpool break the 4th wall or would that take away some of the seriousness?

Thats the biggest question about Deadpool in xmen films now, I'm not sure it would work with the tone they have set for previous films, in his own film not so much of an issue but with others, hmm not so sure.

I've never read an X-Force book but I'm intrigued by the movie possibilities. I'm certain Fox will use this to redeem the Deadpool mess and I'm hoping Colossus is on the team.

I believe this is the current line-up.

I was gonna suggest Liam Neeson for Cable but Lang is absolutely perfect for the role.

There's two X-Force books out now. This is the other:

UXFORCE2012001_DC11.jpg

I want to see him break the fourth wall and mock his portrayal in Origins, it would be splendid.

Wow, that is pretty different stylistically, I think I prefer the design and line-up of the X-Force book though.

I don't really like the style of these current X-Men comic-books. And the fact that almost every issue went back to #1 was just not cool to me.:o

Yeah I'm not really feeling this vibe a bit too outlandish for my taste, much prefer the black-ops style team line up.

A majority of the new X-books are pretty damn good. You guys are missing out. Not saying this is the case on this thread, but I've seen way too much bashing on modern comics without people having actually picked up an X book since 2005 or earlier.

That UXF doesn't come close compared to Remenders Uncanny X-Force run, but it has it's moments. Not really a big fan of that roster (besides Fantomex and Betsy) or cover art on that issue 1 myself, but the actual issue looks great imo. The later issues have some really cool cover art, specially the last one.

Last edited:
To me i doesn't matter who is on the team as long as both Cannonball and Warpath are there. there the only reason i read the original series in the 90's.

UXM, ANXM, CATXF, XML, and Brian Wood's all-female X-Men are all really good right know. The only series that I flat out dislike is Aaron's WATXM. UXF is mediocre, but not terrible imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"