The X-FORCE Official Thread

Discussion in 'X-Men Sequels' started by Angamb, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

I don't want Yukio on the main team (Psylocke and Domino get those spots). However, I would be perfectly fine with her being someone who the XF team up with in the movie.

2. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I picked up X-Men comics starting 2004 and I stopped in 2011.

I don't like the constant need for a character line-up/creative team change. And the monthly cross-overs.

3. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Agreed but I actually dig WATX most the time. Aaron's a great writer and the tone works alot imo. I like how it feels alot different then the others. But sometimes, it is too much.... Snot boy :doh:

4. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Wadlow Interview from bleeding cool
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08...-movie/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

5. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Who do you think will likely be the villains(s)?

6. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Apocalypse

7. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

probably the mlf, mutant liberation front. maybe deadpool shows up and fight cable or some team members. mr sinister, gideon, or just start setting up x-cutioner's song from the first movie. have the unknown stryfe as the villian sending in his team. stryfe's reveal should be a big reveal.

8. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I think Apocalypse will play a role. Maybe Stryfe or Black Tome Cassidy.

Deadpool could be a villain for a bit of the flick I guess. He should probably have a crossover moment.

9. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

I am betting deadpool Is a member of the team.

10. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I'd be cool with either tbh, as long as he's on the team by the end of the film it's all good. Deadpool vs a few of the X-Force could be an entertaining fight.

11. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Apocalypse to debut outside of an X-Men movie? I know he's connected heavily with Cable but that would be a huge undertaking for a debut movie.

Need some pics of these other villains. :D

12. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

My guess is I think it will be like how GOTG is doing it. Where Apocalypse is present and some of his mythology is introduced but he's not the main baddie. Alot of X-Force characters or arcs have to do with him. Probably best building him up. He's such an epic villain, he should be in multiple films. Maybe build it to a possible X-Men+X-Force film later for a full on Age Of Apocalypse.
    Heres Stryfe.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  13. psylockolussus

Stryfe should be the villain!

Apocalypse should be a main villain in a X-Men movie not in a X-Force movie.

14. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

If they use Stryfe and Cable, Apocalypse is pretty much a shoe in. I agree he should not be the main villain though.

15. psylockolussus

Maybe a teaser but they should save him in a X-Men movie.

16. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I'm aware of your stance, what's your reasoning story and world building wise? He has alot to do with these characters and their background. Adding in mythology of the character would actually help when/if X-Men:AOA is released and keep the franchise connected and focused.

17. psylockolussus

I just feel like Apocalypse is the next BIG X-Men villain after Magneto. Like in the X-Men Legends videogames, in the first one, the Brotherhood and the Sentinels/Trask were the major villains. Then in the sequel, Apocalypse and the Horsemen.

I feel like Apocalypse is really fitting as the next big villain for the X-Men.

And yes they could do this build-up thing, build Apocalypse up in X-Force/X-Men 5. Then make Apocalypse as the big threat in the X-Force/X-Men team-up film.

18. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, he's definitely the next big X-Men villain. No denying that.
    :up:

19. psylockolussus

But I'm still not sure if releasing a X-Force movie is the best option after DOFP. Like business-wise. They could just do a X-Men 5 movie then tease Apocalypse at the end. Or build him up in X-Men 5/Wolverine 3. I really don't think they should follow MCU's model just to be successful or to take this franchise to greater heights. X5/Wolverine are guaranteed hits if DOFP does well next year, but X-Force, not really.

20. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

We will find out when it comes out. In all fairness they are not doing MCU's mode. They were going to but Wadlow convinced them otherwise. Which was a good call because it should be about the teams. Your looking at only one other team movie which will give us a bigger world and more development for X-Men who normally wouldnt be the focus.

Characters like Domino, Deadpool and Cable are better off in their own film then taking screen time away from other main X men who fans still want developed.

21. psylockolussus

I'm just thinking whats going to benefit the series. At the end of the day, $$$ is one of the things that is keeping this franchise going for 13 years now. A X-Force movie would probably cost like the X-Men: First Class movie. And even if you include Wolverine in that roster, a movie with the title "X-Force" might be hard to sell unless FOX changes the title to X-Men: Force or Wolverine Force but those would just silly. X-Men 5 might be more expensive to make because of the cast but its not as risky as making a X-Force movie.

22. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Dude right when I thought you were being positive. :doh: You already said all this a billion times.

Don't worry about the money, you won't know that till its released. The X-Force name has had a strong built in fan base for over 20 years which is something not every film is fortunate to have. These characters won't get anywhere if Fox just sits on them, they need to build an audience. Everyone starts somewhere, even the first X-Men. Releasing the film after a successful DOFP and connecting it to the franchise is a good chance for these characters to gain a larger audience following.

I know you don't want an X-Force film and you would rather they only make main X-Men movies, but theres no reason to keep going over this every other page. Your opinion was read loud and clear.

Let it go for awhile.

23. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

What?! :wow: So what direction are they now going in? I don't remember reading this?

24. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

What he said was that they shouldn't do a bunch of solo films but rather team films. It doesn't mean there won't be multiple installments building up the XCU. I bet x force will be released with either a new xmen or FC not far behind...

Apocalypse could be hinted at in DOFP, expanded upon in x force and then have xmen age of apocalypse down the line.

25. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

http://screenrant.com/x-force-movie-interview-jeff-wadlow-characters-story-deadpool/
    http://collider.com/x-force-movie-news-jeff-wadlow-kick-ass-2-interview/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.