Sequels The X-FORCE Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want Yukio on the main team (Psylocke and Domino get those spots). However, I would be perfectly fine with her being someone who the XF team up with in the movie.

A majority of the new X-books are pretty damn good. You guys are missing out. Not saying this is the case on this thread, but I've seen way too much bashing on modern comics without people having actually picked up an X book since 2005 or earlier.

I picked up X-Men comics starting 2004 and I stopped in 2011.

I don't like the constant need for a character line-up/creative team change. And the monthly cross-overs.

UXM, ANXM, CATXF, XML, and Brian Wood's all-female X-Men are all really good right know. The only series that I flat out dislike is Aaron's WATXM. UXF is mediocre, but not terrible imo.

Agreed but I actually dig WATX most the time. Aaron's a great writer and the tone works alot imo. I like how it feels alot different then the others. But sometimes, it is too much.... Snot boy :doh:

Wadlow Interview from bleeding cool
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08...-movie/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I’m very deep into it. I can’t really say much as Fox has asked me not to but, again, it’s not a reboot or reimagining of the X cinematic universe. Tonally it will fit in, quite well with all the other movies… but then I think the other movies cover a wide range of tones. It’s certainly not going to be tonally similar to Kick-Ass.

I hope it will have what fans of X-Force will expect. I think it will be a little edgier, I think you’ll see some characters with different takes on what it means to be a mutant. There will be some grey areas that the movies haven’t yet been explored. It won’t be as “overt.” This movie is more about the grey areas in between.

I’m going to take some big ideas from the X-universe and flip them, I think in an interesting way. It’s hard to talk about that, though, without being specific. I probably shouldn’t have even talked about that at all because I can’t get into the specifics but I will say it’s similar to Kick-Ass 2 in that it wasn’t an open assignment, it wasn’t “We’re going to make an X-Force movie, who’s interested? Here’s what the movie’s going to be.”

When Mark [Millar] got the job with Fox I said “The first movie you guys should make is an X-Force movie and here’s how you should do it.” And that got him excited, and that got the studio excited and that’s the movie I’m writing.

Who do you think will likely be the villains(s)?

probably the mlf, mutant liberation front. maybe deadpool shows up and fight cable or some team members. mr sinister, gideon, or just start setting up x-cutioner's song from the first movie. have the unknown stryfe as the villian sending in his team. stryfe's reveal should be a big reveal.

Who do you think will likely be the villains(s)?

I think Apocalypse will play a role. Maybe Stryfe or Black Tome Cassidy.

Deadpool could be a villain for a bit of the flick I guess. He should probably have a crossover moment.

I am betting deadpool Is a member of the team.

I'd be cool with either tbh, as long as he's on the team by the end of the film it's all good. Deadpool vs a few of the X-Force could be an entertaining fight.

I think Apocalypse will play a role. Maybe Stryfe or Black Tome Cassidy.

Deadpool could be a villain for a bit of the flick I guess. He should probably have a crossover moment.

Apocalypse to debut outside of an X-Men movie? I know he's connected heavily with Cable but that would be a huge undertaking for a debut movie.

Need some pics of these other villains. :D

Apocalypse to debut outside of an X-Men movie? I know he's connected heavily with Cable but that would be a huge undertaking for a debut movie.
My guess is I think it will be like how GOTG is doing it. Where Apocalypse is present and some of his mythology is introduced but he's not the main baddie. Alot of X-Force characters or arcs have to do with him. Probably best building him up. He's such an epic villain, he should be in multiple films. Maybe build it to a possible X-Men+X-Force film later for a full on Age Of Apocalypse.

Heres Stryfe.

xforce16002.jpg

Last edited:
Stryfe should be the villain!

Apocalypse should be a main villain in a X-Men movie not in a X-Force movie.

If they use Stryfe and Cable, Apocalypse is pretty much a shoe in. I agree he should not be the main villain though.

Maybe a teaser but they should save him in a X-Men movie.

I'm aware of your stance, what's your reasoning story and world building wise? He has alot to do with these characters and their background. Adding in mythology of the character would actually help when/if X-Men:AOA is released and keep the franchise connected and focused.

Last edited:
I just feel like Apocalypse is the next BIG X-Men villain after Magneto. Like in the X-Men Legends videogames, in the first one, the Brotherhood and the Sentinels/Trask were the major villains. Then in the sequel, Apocalypse and the Horsemen.

I feel like Apocalypse is really fitting as the next big villain for the X-Men.

And yes they could do this build-up thing, build Apocalypse up in X-Force/X-Men 5. Then make Apocalypse as the big threat in the X-Force/X-Men team-up film.

Oh yeah, he's definitely the next big X-Men villain. No denying that.
And yes they could do this build-up thing, build Apocalypse up in X-Force/X-Men 5. Then make Apocalypse as the big threat in the X-Force/X-Men team-up film.

:up:

But I'm still not sure if releasing a X-Force movie is the best option after DOFP. Like business-wise. They could just do a X-Men 5 movie then tease Apocalypse at the end. Or build him up in X-Men 5/Wolverine 3. I really don't think they should follow MCU's model just to be successful or to take this franchise to greater heights. X5/Wolverine are guaranteed hits if DOFP does well next year, but X-Force, not really.

But I'm still not sure if releasing a X-Force movie is the best option after DOFP. Like business-wise. They could just do a X-Men 5 movie then tease Apocalypse at the end. Or build him up in X-Men 5/Wolverine 3. I really don't think they should follow MCU's model just to be successful or to take this franchise to greater heights. X5/Wolverine are guaranteed hits if DOFP does well next year, but X-Force, not really.

We will find out when it comes out. In all fairness they are not doing MCU's mode. They were going to but Wadlow convinced them otherwise. Which was a good call because it should be about the teams. Your looking at only one other team movie which will give us a bigger world and more development for X-Men who normally wouldnt be the focus.

Characters like Domino, Deadpool and Cable are better off in their own film then taking screen time away from other main X men who fans still want developed.

We will find out when it comes out. In all fairness they are not doing MCU's mode. They were going to but Wadlow convinced them otherwise. Your looking at only one other team movie which will give us a bigger world and more development for X-Men who normally wouldnt be the focus. Characters like Domino, Deadpool and Cable are better off in their own film then taking screen time away from other main X men who fans still want developed.

I'm just thinking whats going to benefit the series. At the end of the day, $$$ is one of the things that is keeping this franchise going for 13 years now. A X-Force movie would probably cost like the X-Men: First Class movie. And even if you include Wolverine in that roster, a movie with the title "X-Force" might be hard to sell unless FOX changes the title to X-Men: Force or Wolverine Force but those would just silly. X-Men 5 might be more expensive to make because of the cast but its not as risky as making a X-Force movie.

Dude right when I thought you were being positive. :doh: You already said all this a billion times.

Don't worry about the money, you won't know that till its released. The X-Force name has had a strong built in fan base for over 20 years which is something not every film is fortunate to have. These characters won't get anywhere if Fox just sits on them, they need to build an audience. Everyone starts somewhere, even the first X-Men. Releasing the film after a successful DOFP and connecting it to the franchise is a good chance for these characters to gain a larger audience following.

I know you don't want an X-Force film and you would rather they only make main X-Men movies, but theres no reason to keep going over this every other page. Your opinion was read loud and clear.

Let it go for awhile.

Last edited:
We will find out when it comes out. In all fairness they are not doing MCU's mode. They were going to but Wadlow convinced them otherwise. Which was a good call because it should be about the teams. Your looking at only one other team movie which will give us a bigger world and more development for X-Men who normally wouldnt be the focus.

Characters like Domino, Deadpool and Cable are better off in their own film then taking screen time away from other main X men who fans still want developed.

What?! :wow: So what direction are they now going in? I don't remember reading this?

What he said was that they shouldn't do a bunch of solo films but rather team films. It doesn't mean there won't be multiple installments building up the XCU. I bet x force will be released with either a new xmen or FC not far behind...

Apocalypse could be hinted at in DOFP, expanded upon in x force and then have xmen age of apocalypse down the line.

What?! :wow: So what direction are they now going in? I don't remember reading this?
http://screenrant.com/x-force-movie-interview-jeff-wadlow-characters-story-deadpool/
Basically when they hired Mark [Millar] to oversee their Marvel properties, he started talking about some characters they were thinking about doing solo films with – that could maybe then lead to a team movie - sort of following the Marvel/’Avengers’ model. And I said, ‘Wait, wait, wait, that’s not what’s cool about X-Men! Marvel’s doing individuals who become a team; this should be about, like, other teams, and I want to make an ‘X-Force’ movie, and this is how I would do it.’ And I pitched him the idea, he got real excited and gave me some great notes that I incorporated, we took it into the studio, I pitched them, they loved it and they said ‘Let’s do it.’
http://collider.com/x-force-movie-news-jeff-wadlow-kick-ass-2-interview/

“X-Force. Gotta do an X-Force movie.” And they originally said, “Maybe that’s a second step.” And I said, “No, it’s about teams.” That’s what, to me, the X universe is about. It’s not about doing movies with individual characters and then bringing them together in a team; that’s what Marvel already did with The Avengers. I think the next step is to have these teams and see how they bounce off of each other, that’s where you can have crossover potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"