The Zachary Levi/Fandral thread

Yeah, I meant to ask for those that have seen it, how was Fandral?

There's not a lot of him but I find that this movie captures him much better.

I'd say that this goes for pretty much all the minor Asgardian characters. They don't necessarily get more screen time but they shine more with what they have.

Mjölnir;27120119 said:
There's not a lot of him but I find that this movie captures him much better.

I'd say that this goes for pretty much all the minor Asgardian characters. They don't necessarily get more screen time but they shine more with what they have.

See I find this topic interesting. If you involve the Warriors Three more, then you're getting into the "quest" style movie like LOTR. That is not what they're going for here.

Wanting more from fun characters isn't necessarily a negative.

See I find this topic interesting. If you involve the Warriors Three more, then you're getting into the "quest" style movie like LOTR. That is not what they're going for here.

I'm very happy with the way they are utilized in this movie. I understand if some want more of them but this is what I want and expect from a live action Thor movie.

Yeah things like wanting minor characters to be flushed out more is more of want than an actual "negative" to the film.

Well Zachary Levi is really not noticeable in this movie, he looked different.

I like how all the Warriors Three get their little moment to shine during the big escape scene. The only one who's really shafted in this film is Hogun, who essentially gets told to go take a vacation at the start of the film then doesn't show up again until one measly reaction shot near the end.

I kept forgetting to ask if they showed Hogun again. Thanks KS!!

Levi was great as Fandral. Wasnt in it a great deal but made the most of what he was given. So much so that I re-watched Thor last night and found myelf wishing that he'd played the role in that too, as opposed to Josh Dallas [who was perfectly fine, it's just that I thought Levi captured the whole 'merry swashbuckler' aspect more].

Strange, since I thought he was a terrible miscast for the role.

His lackluster performance actually made me miss Joshua Dallas even more..and all of his action scenes were so awkward in this film. He looked like he was playing sword fight when he entered the film at the opening battle of the film.

Zachary was good in his part, he didn't have as many scenes to give an accurate evaluation of his performance. But for what it's worth he was fine.

Given what little the Warriors 3 had to do in this film, I think Zach did perfectly fine with what he was given and I enjoyed what we saw of him.

If you are a big Levi fan and live in the NYC area, he will be appearing at the Apple store in SoHo for a live Q and A.

I think Levi's Fandral is better than the first one. As a Chuck fan, I thought he was exceptional with the few scenes he has gotten in this movie.

I really liked him as Fandral. Hope he sticks around this time. :up:

I feel like Dallas had the better look, but Levi was more in line with what I expect from the character personality wise.

I liked that Fandral was one of the few that Loki didn't manage to get a rise out of, and actually managed to sneak a jab at the trickster.

Liked Dallas better. Fandral is supposed to be an Erroll Flynn type, right? I think Dallas captured that better. Levi was fine in the role but Dallas always seemed like he was in on a joke that everyone else didn't know about and it filtered through to give him a joviality which I liked. Levi, not as much.

I feel like Dallas had the better look, but Levi was more in line with what I expect from the character personality wise.
I agree. Dallas Fandral had a better look, but at the same time, Zachary is extremely handsome. It's a lot easier to buy Zach Fandral as a lady killer.

I was always looking forward to him in the part and I think the part that really got me (once we FINALLY started to see footage and non-blurry pictures) on him as Fandral was when the b-roll footage was released a couple weeks or so ago and there's the shots of him in the 'tavern' each arm around a lady (a shot of which ended up in the final film). I was just like THAT!! That right there!

(from earlier in this thread)
tumblr_mutyusSs4h1qgjhydo2_500.png

Exactly. Great job from Zachary Levi as Fandral. Another successful Marvel recast.

Exactly. Great job from Zachary Levi as Fandral. Another successful Marvel recast.

Wasn't he their first choice anyway but had to turn it down due to Chuck?

Though I don't know why Josh had to turn down coming back since the amount of screen time the character got, he would've missed like 1 episode of ONCE.

Though I don't know why Josh had to turn down coming back since the amount of screen time the character got, he would've missed like 1 episode of ONCE.
Yes, Zach Levi was their first choice for the first movie.

As for Josh? I'm pretty sure that Zach was on set for about as long as the other cast members. Not to mention, there was also all the prep work actors go through before filming starts (rehearsals, weapons training, etc...) I'm sure it would've interfered with more than 1 episode of ONCE.

Ehhhh..... He shot for a few days in Bourne woods...then he was there for the prison break...then he was there for the training in Asgard, then he was there for the escape from Asgard.... then he was at the funeral....and some ending scenes....

He could've done both. If Sarah Michelle Gellar could film buffy in California and fly to Australia for scooby plus Japan for that other movie. But I am happy with either in the role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"