Homecoming The Zendaya is Mary Jane thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o3opc8tE2u1ssh52eo1_r1_500.gif

giphy.gif

I too would like to join in posting a pic of Zendaya

Zendaya-Red-Suit-iHeartRadio-Music-Awards-2016.jpg

zendaya-iheartradio-awards-2016-red-carpet.jpg

I like that she wears wig, you would never know what character she could be portraying b/c whatever hair style she has at an event is never permanent, which leaves no clue to who Michelle could be.

This would be a good Betty Brant wig tbh.

been binge watching SSM.

I'm glad they made Liz Allen more than a background character, and I wouldn't mind if Zendaya ends up playing her.

she could also be Felicia/Black Cat, if they want to go that route.

or Gloria Grant or Betty Brant.

I remember you wouldn't mind Zendaya for MJ ( which is where we disagreed ).

but did you want her for Felicia/Black Cat?

cuz I would be ok with that.

I'd be fine with her as anyone, really. I just want her to talk more about whatever role she's playing. :oldrazz: Same goes for Laura.

Hope we get an MJ officially cast soon.

Katherine McNamara is a name I've seen suggested that would be quite good, but I really have no real preference as a lot of people I would've wanted are a bit too old so I'm open to pretty much anything. Just mainly hoping the character will be represented well in heart and essence (where I felt Dunst's portrayal lacked) when it's time for her debut in this new series.

I'd be fine with her as anyone, really. I just want her to talk more about whatever role she's playing. :oldrazz: Same goes for Laura.

Hope we get an MJ officially cast soon.

Katherine McNamara is a name I've seen suggested that would be quite good, but I really have no real preference as a lot of people I would've wanted are a bit too old so I'm open to pretty much anything. Just mainly hoping the character will be represented well in heart and essence (where I felt Dunst's portrayal lacked) when it's time for her debut in this new series.

yeah. I hope we get MJ casting soon ( or confirmation that either Zendaya or Laura will be the new MJ ).

just to end all the speculation.

Just livening up the board b/c why not, filming is not that far off.

tumblr_nnvvb9OnzO1td9fl4o3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_nnwkfsLJN01rnelq7o4_250.gif

zendaya1.gif
tumblr_nnw0iyVilJ1td9fl4o1_250.gif
tumblr_nnwla7w7K31uspabho1_250.gif

She wears a lot dark, bright, or bold makeup colors so here's a more natural makeup look.
landscape-1445014824-gettyimages-491931030.jpg

I do wonder how big her part is, is she only introduced in the mid/end credit scene or does she have some scenes in the actual movie...

Just livening up the board b/c why not, filming is not that far off.

tumblr_nnvvb9OnzO1td9fl4o3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_nnwkfsLJN01rnelq7o4_250.gif

zendaya1.gif
tumblr_nnw0iyVilJ1td9fl4o1_250.gif
tumblr_nnwla7w7K31uspabho1_250.gif

She wears a lot dark, bright, or bold makeup colors so here's a more natural makeup look.
landscape-1445014824-gettyimages-491931030.jpg

I do wonder how big her part is, is she only introduced in the mid/end credit scene or does she have some scenes in the actual movie...

Only thing we know is that she'll be important in later installments while in this film her role is said to be small.

She must be MJ or Felicia Hardy. She seems to have that kinda vibe.

Not very athletic for BC. She's also two inches taller than Holland... For now. Holland probably tops out at 5'9 if he hasn't stopped growing already. It's going to be interesting. I'm 60/40 she's going to be MJ or an original character. The love interest for the first trilogy that either dies or leaves Parker at the end. I think the black chick Laura is Liz Allen who will basically be a BFF.

I'm 60/40 she's going to be MJ or an original character. The love interest for the first trilogy that either dies or leaves Parker at the end. I think the black chick Laura is Liz Allen who will basically be a BFF.

I think it'll be the opposite. She (Zendaya) is going to be MJ and be the BFF to Peter (introduced in iconic fashion and friendship blossoms over the trilogy from best friends to eventual lovers) whereas Liz will be that love interest (really a crush) that Peter strikes too late with.

Revolori and Harrier were cast together, implying they may have auditioned together? Nothing to substantiate that of course, but it's possible. Yeah, Harrier might be a high school flame. Maybe they want Zendaya as the gregarious neighbor down the corner, but I just can't see a Prom Queen like that hanging out with a kid like Peter junior or senior year. Is Pete supposed to be in the friend zone? Maybe they are in the Honor role together but still. That's clichéd.

Last edited:
Revolori and Harrier were cast together, implying they may have auditioned together? Nothing to substantiate that of course, but it's possible. Yeah, Harrier might be a high school flame. Maybe they want Zendaya as the gregarious neighbor down the corner, but I just can't see a Prom Queen like that hanging out with a kid like Peter junior or senior year. Is Pete supposed to be in the friend zone? Maybe they are in the Honor role together but still. That's clichéd.

Worked for MJ in SSM. Granted, there was also a main love interest there, too.

Worked for MJ in SSM. Granted, there was also a main love interest there, too.

It has been mentioned before, but It would be great if throughout this movie Peter is crushing on Liz who shows no interest in him. He ends up taking Mary Jane (classic blind date set-up) to homecoming which makes Liz jealous, but Peter and MJ remain friends throughout the trilogy. In the sequel, Liz starts liking Peter, but has to compete with Gwen Stacy (similar to TSSM) who is reintroduced as a transfer to Midtown (ala SLMJ and Ultimate).

She must be MJ or Felicia Hardy. She seems to have that kinda vibe.

I guess so, but I hope MJ isn't a glamor girl here. The nerdy guy getting it on with the hot chick is SO over it. Give me Ultimate MJ over 616 MJ any day of the week.

I guess so, but I hope MJ isn't a glamor girl here. The nerdy guy getting it on with the hot chick is SO over it. Give me Ultimate MJ over 616 MJ any day of the week.

Oversimplifying things a bit, arent we? I'd be fine with an Ultimate inspired MJ, but 616 MJ is definitely the better character. Though she's propably more difficult to pull off.

Oversimplifying things a bit, arent we? I'd be fine with an Ultimate inspired MJ, but 616 MJ is definitely the better character. Though she's propably more difficult to pull off.

Of course I'm simplifying it, obviously 616 MJ is more complex than that. Just don't want to see what we've already seen in the old movies.

Of course I'm simplifying it, obviously 616 MJ is much more complex than that. Just don't want to see what we've already seen in the old movies.

To be fair, we havent really gotten 616 MJ. Mary Jane in the raimi trilogy was essentially a mixture of 60s Liz Allan, Betty Brant, and Gwen Stacy with a little modern age MJ thrown in. If anything, Marc Webb's Gwen Stacy already borrowed quite a bit from Ultimate Mary Jane.

It has been mentioned before, but It would be great if throughout this movie Peter is crushing on Liz who shows no interest in him. He ends up taking Mary Jane (classic blind date set-up) to homecoming which makes Liz jealous, but Peter and MJ remain friends throughout the trilogy. In the sequel, Liz starts liking Peter, but has to compete with Gwen Stacy (similar to TSSM) who is reintroduced as a transfer to Midtown (ala SLMJ and Ultimate).

That'd be great!

To be fair, we havent really gotten 616 MJ. Mary Jane in the raimi trilogy was essentially a mixture of 60s Liz Allan, Betty Brant, and Gwen Stacy with a little modern age MJ thrown in. If anything, Marc Webb's Gwen Stacy already borrowed quite a bit from Ultimate Mary Jane.

I meant in terms of being the popular girl the hero has a crush on. She fulfilled that role in the Raimi movies. Ultimate MJ was anything but popular, Flash even called her Brainy Jane. She wasn't the unreachable dream girl next door, she was the relatable close friend/secret keeper/would-be love interest. We'll see how they portray her in the movie if she is even there, I simply have a particular fondness for the Ultimate version.

Last edited:
I'd prefer a combo of Ultimate (Comic) and 616 MJ.

however, they may shy away from Ultimate MJ because TASM Gwen ( and SSM Gwen ) essentially filled that role ( fellow nerd who's also your best/childhood friend who becomes LI ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"