The Dark Knight thedarkknight.com fixed

mehrunis

Civilian
Reaction score
incase you guys were not aware thedarkknight.com has been FIXED the video page link has been restored although the whysoserious poster has been removed hmmmm?...

I guess one week was enough.

I'm not surprised they didn't put the poster image back up...would've been a nice opportunity to give us something new though eh?

Well, the site is fixed and the phones have been renewed...sounds like we're headed in a very optomistic direction!!

They probably took the poster down because of Heath's passing and how it depicts him.

They took down the posters. Apparently the distribution company for the posters had all of them sent back as well at theatres around the country. This news come to me from my close friend who manages a theatre. Luckily I got both versions for free. Should be worth a pretty penny some day. At least they decided to forge on w/ the viral.

They took down the posters. Apparently the distribution company for the posters had all of them sent back as well at theatres around the country. This news come to me from my close friend who manages a theatre. Luckily I got both versions for free. Should be worth a pretty penny some day. At least they decided to forge on w/ the viral.
That really sucks. I can say with 100% that the WSS Poster w/ The Joker behind the glass was hands down my favorite movie poster of all time. Now it's gonna be impossible/expensive to get one and it won't be able to be as appreciated as it should be.

Its completely understandable though. Can be a little morbid and awkward to have so prominently out there so soon after Heath's passing.

^ I dont think that they will come out with a whole new poster due to that ^

I think that they will now send out the Batman poster to theaters

At my local theater they had the poster with the building and the bloody bat as the mouth. Obviously, it doesn't look like they'll change it.

Or probably theaters are now going to be sent the Batman poster instead.

I just bought a theatre version of the poster joker behind the glass on ebay like 2 days before heath died for $15 bucks. by the time I received the poster they were going for $150 on ebay. I'm going to keep it in the tube it was shipped in, especially if WB is discontinuing that poster.

Or you can probably just buy a nice case to put the poster in.

Why keep something in a case if you are never going to see it.

Or you can probably just buy a nice to put the poster in.

Why keep something in a case if you are never going to see it.
Could not agree with you more, Redd

I just bought a theatre version of the poster joker behind the glass on ebay like 2 days before heath died for $15 bucks. by the time I received the poster they were going for $150 on ebay. I'm going to keep it in the tube it was shipped in, especially if WB is discontinuing that poster.
That is a bit silly. I would just frame it. That way it stays nice and you get t look at how pretty it is.

i would rather keep it in mint condition. never know what could happen to it if it's hanging on the wall.

I dont like it that the Joker posters are being taken down - The Joker is the main attraction of this movie to many, and it will be Ledger that steals the show.
The Joker must be marketed - you cannot have a marketing campaign that does not feature one of the main reasons people will see this movie.

i agree, im sorry, i know its sad that Ledger died, but thats no reason to cancel the Viral Marketing with the Joker

I guess some people still feel a little uneasy about seeing Heath Ledger on the poster.

I am assuming that the company WB/42 Entertainment took a random poll and asked people about how they feel seeing Heath Ledger on tv and in theaters as the Joker so soon after his death.

Companies do a lot of polls to get the opinion of the viewers that are seeing there product.

I really hope they don't discontinue the poster because of what happened... the frosted glass one is my favourite and I've been waiting to get my hands on one. :(

Likewise. I have them hanging on my wall, though. :yay:

The cinema near me still has the "why so serious" movie poster up. I have seriously contemplated snagging it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"