The Dark Knight Eyes on this! Possible Viral Lead! Bat-fans Aaaaaasemble!!!

Sergemeister

Civilian
Reaction score
Might be good to look into this:
Not sure if anyone noticed but if you look at the Joker poster at the thedarkknight.com video page there seems to be something at the far left of the poster floating above one of the buildings. I don't have my own copy of the poster but if anyone does please check it out.
You can see that there are two lines of text on the left hand side of the poster. Maybe this is what we were supposed to look for?

Theres definately something there thats not on the printed versions. But you can really see it without a HQ version

Wow, good eye! I bought this poster the day it was revealed, so I dug out my copy and took a scan of each side. You can't really tell much from the pics below, but they do look a lot like letters to me. Maybe someone with mad Photoshop skillz can take these images and clean them up a bit. Nothing in this ARG appears to be random, so I can't help but think this has to be some sort of a clue.

Front of DS poster

front.jpg

Back of DS poster

back.jpg

Just put "I believe" on that pic and there ya go. :)

Oh come on that HAS to be SOMETHING, otherwise your blind. What else would it be?

Looks like the top of a skyscraper to me.
The lines arent parallel to any of the other skyscrapers though... I wonder. This poster gave us a atasteforthetheatrical.com it might have more secrets that we haven't noticed yet. I really wish I had one of these posters for myself.

I picked it up for around $25 on eBay. The seller had a whole stack of them, I'm sure you could probably pick one up for a similar price.

Huh, that is weird. It's way too hard to make anything out though.

Wow, good eye! I bought this poster the day it was revealed, so I dug out my copy and took a scan of each side. You can't really tell much from the pics below, but they do look a lot like letters to me. Maybe someone with mad Photoshop skillz can take these images and clean them up a bit. Nothing in this ARG appears to be random, so I can't help but think this has to be some sort of a clue.

Front of DS poster

front.jpg

Back of DS poster

back.jpg

Its definately not this blurry on the poster, I can actually make out a few letters on mine. I'll try to take a better pic later today.

I bought the theatrical poster right after I found it at the midnight showing of IAL. I'll see if I can make anything of it.

OK, just looked at it on my poster and I can comfortably say that this isn't something that can be easily figured out. I highly doubt that this is another part of the viral campaign. For those that have the poster, If you take a couple of steps back you can see it more clear as opposed to getting close up to it. Either way, it is no legible enough to be figured out by the public.

OK, just looked at it on my poster and I can comfortably say that this isn't something that can be easily figured out. I highly doubt that this is another part of the viral campaign. For those that have the poster, If you take a couple of steps back you can see it more clear as opposed to getting close up to it. Either way, it is no legible enough to be figured out by the public.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cmad:

Front of DS poster

front.jpg
Squinting at it kinda has the bottom line look like numbers, in an XXX-XXX-XXX format. My photoshop skillz aren't producing anything though. This might be a red herring.

At the bottom of the poster(underneath the logo) didn't it say "a taste for the theatrical" and someone cracked it?

This has to be something similar.

At the bottom of the poster(underneath the logo) didn't it say "a taste for the theatrical" and someone cracked it?

This has to be something similar.

Yeah, me and my buddies cracked it. I am the one that took the photo of the poster the day it showed up (that's my reflection in all the shots of it on SHH).

But I keep looking at it and I am pretty confident that this is not part of the marketing. I am a graphic designer for a movie company and with professional photoshop skills, this would be near impossible to clean up. The imagery on that side is too grainy. I will see if I can find anything, but until then, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Just looking at the poster it looks like smoke rising from smokestacks/chimneys from a factory or power plant.

Yeah, me and my buddies cracked it. I am the one that took the photo of the poster the day it showed up (that's my reflection in all the shots of it on SHH).

But I keep looking at it and I am pretty confident that this is not part of the marketing. I am a graphic designer for a movie company and with professional photoshop skills, this would be near impossible to clean up. The imagery on that side is too grainy. I will see if I can find anything, but until then, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I have to agree with LH, it just looks like background. I think this one is a bit of a reach.

Man it's slow, someone should call the company that is heading up the viral promotions and see if they took the holidays off, it sure seems like it.

-Bri

Hmm, it is pretty straight and clean looking... one has to wonder why they're there if not for something we're supposed to notice. Now that you've mentioned these "lines", they're so obvious on the poster. >_<

Although, if it was something for the marketing, I think we would have had to find it and figure it out by now. We've had that poster for a while, and all of our other clues have been cracked in a matter of hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"