Gotham There will be a 3rd season!

this show's really underrated. Characters are more 3-dimensional than Arrow, Flash, Supergirl (especially Supergirl).

There's more conflict and depth than the other 3 shows as well.

... not to mention that its character development makes all those other shows look like a joke.

I am happy there will be a third season, I enjoy it more than the other shows, although I do watch them as well.

The third season will be make or break.

Make or break?
I think that we can assume Gotham is a hit.

The ratings are starting to dip . I hope they can pick it back up again . I'm hoping we can at least make it to year one Batman

I know that very few people are watching, and tv ratings, in the end, matter the most.
... so I have to point out again that Gotham is FOX's second-rated scripted drama. They'd have to cancel two thirds of their original programming before Gotham would be in any kind of trouble.

"Very few people are watching", please.

... so I have to point out again that Gotham is FOX's second-rated scripted drama. They'd have to cancel two thirds of their original programming before Gotham would be in any kind of trouble.

Well considering most of the scripted dramas on Fox are crap, thats not saying much. What's first? Bones? Brooklyn 99 is a comedy but that is probably the best show they air.

Well considering most of the scripted dramas on Fox are crap, thats not saying much. What's first? Bones? Brooklyn 99 is a comedy but that is probably the best show they air.

You are both incorrect.

Fox's scripted dramas this season, by average rating
1. Empire - 4.66
2. The X-Files 3.19
3. Lucifer - 1.48
4. Gotham - 1.45
5. Rosewood - 1.40
6. Bones - 1.12
7. Scream Queens - 1.09
8. Sleepy Hollow - 0.83
9. Minority Report - 0.72 (cancelled)
10. Second Chance - 0.64 (cancelled)

With these sort of ratings, Gotham would easily be renewed on ABC, NBC, or CW. It being a WB show would probably put it on the bubble at CBS, but with two seasons under its belt it'd probably get renewed there too.

It's not a major hit by any means but it's not a flop either. Considering how all the other shows are doing on the network, it's a good performer for Fox.

You are both incorrect.

Fox's scripted dramas this season, by average rating
1. Empire - 4.66
2. The X-Files 3.19
3. Lucifer - 1.48
4. Gotham - 1.45
5. Rosewood - 1.40
6. Bones - 1.12
7. Scream Queens - 1.09
8. Sleepy Hollow - 0.83
9. Minority Report - 0.72 (cancelled)
10. Second Chance - 0.64 (cancelled)

Crazy that lucifer has higher ratings than gotham.

Not really that crazy. Lucifer has a few advantages going for it:
-X-Files lead in for the first few episodes
-In its first season instead of its second
-Fewer episodes = not as far to fall. Almost every show gets lower ratings the longer it runs in a year

But Lucifer did beat Gotham on Monday night for the first time since the two started airing together.

The X-Files was a miniseries consisting of 6 episodes and doesn't count as a workhorse for the network.

These are the ratings of Lucifer versus Gotham without TXF lead-in:

Mon 02/29/2016 01-06 1.27 vs 1.46
Mon 03/07/2016 01-07 1.35 vs 1.49
Mon 03/14/2016 01-08 1.21 vs 1.35
Mon 03/21/2016 01-09 1.23 vs 1.31
Mon 03/28/2016 01-10 1.24 vs 1.33
Mon 04/11/2016 01-11 1.06 vs 1.25
Mon 04/18/2016 01-12 1.25 vs 1.22

Lucifer has outrated Gotham once by 0.03 in seven tries. So, no. Gotham is FOX's second-rated scripted drama. We'll see how that develops.

Edit: Here's one URL some might find interesting. http://www.spottedratings.com/2015/10/fox-weekly-true-power-rankings-for-2015.html

Last edited:
But Lucifer beats Gotham in the L+7, which logically would have nothing to do with lead ins.

Not that the L+7 really counts for anything (or the L+SD for that matter; the advertisers look at the C+3 ratings).

But the ratings are what they are. You can use any excuse you want for why Lucifer is ahead of Gotham. Many of them are perfectly valid. But that doesn't change the numbers. Lucifer is going to finish this season ahead of Gotham in the ratings. That's a fact. Gotham will likely fall even farther down the list because they still have four episodes to air.

What I question is whether the fact that Lucifer will "finish this season ahead of Gotham in the ratings" matters one iota. 6 out of 7 times Gotham has beat it in the ratings. Episode 1-13 of Gotham season 2 will beat episode 1-13 of Lucifer and that's with TXF lead-in. So the only way you can say that Lucifer beats Gotham in the ratings is if you're comparing a 13-episode pilot show that spent its first 6 episodes with TXF miniseries as a lead-in, to a full 22-episode second season order. It's apples and oranges, and even then it's close.

Even the comparison I made above is unfair to Gotham since what I compared was episode 12-18 of Gotham to episode 6-12 of Lucifer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"