Thinking about getting a PS3. Should I get rid of my DVD Player?

Why would you want to throw away your dvd player? I own a PS3 but I still watch my dvds on my dvd player.

No you dont need both but I dont see why you would get rid of the DVD player? Looks like you dont even need it bc you have many in your house but it doesnt hurt to keep it

Unless you're selling your DVD player to get the PS3, don't get rid of it.

The PS3 is an awesome DVD player and well as an awesome BR player, and honestly if you already have 3 DVD players in the house then there's no reason not to get rid of the DVD player you already have. It's just going to be redundant when you get the PS3 anyway.

Yeah, I'm not getting rid of it, like, throw it away. lol.

I was gonna sell it.. :p

-TNC

Yeah, I'm not getting rid of it, like, throw it away. lol.

I was gonna sell it.. :p

-TNC

Well it's not getting a second job, or working more hours, but it's a start to owning your very own PS3. ;)

I have a PS2, PC, and DVD player all within one metre of each other on my desk in my room. Nothing wrong with too many DVD players. :p

To save faffing around switching output modes, I still use my PS2 for DVDs.

I just gave my dvd player to my parents. I have both the PS3 and XBOX360 which is more than enough for my disc playing needs. Ditch it.

Don't get rid of it. Using your PS3 for all your discly needs will burn out your laser.

No,for now..just keep the DVD player.I dont think the PS3 was ment to just play DVD`s.

Don't get rid of it. Using your PS3 for all your discly needs will burn out your laser.

I doubt using the PS3 to play DVDs would put more strain on it then playing games. The DVDs and BRDs use a different laser anyway. :yay:

I doubt using the PS3 to play DVDs would put more strain on it then playing games. The DVDs and BRDs use a different laser anyway. :yay:

But, it will shorten the lifespan of it.

And I didn't know there were two separate lasers in the PS3. :confused:

theres not, but a DVD player and a Blu-Ray player/PS3 use different lasers. The Blu-Ray laser is well, blue, and DVD laser is red to put the difference in its simplest form.

theres not, but a DVD player and a Blu-Ray player/PS3 use different lasers. The Blu-Ray laser is well, blue, and DVD laser is red to put the difference in its simplest form.

Well, if there's not, then my point still stands. Using the PS3 as your main disc media player will significantly shorten the laser's lifespan.

I was under the impression that the PS3 has a red laser for DVD/PS2 and a blu laser for BRD. :confused:

hey I need a Dvd player, give it to me!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"