Thor 2: Rotten Tomato Watch

That doesn't really translate. Film is film, no matter the genre. Film is not opera.
I don't agree. The opinion on a comic book film from a person who considers the genre inferior, never read comics, and prefers "deep probing drama" is worthless to me when I'm interested in learning the likelihood that I'll enjoy the newest comic book film. I'm much more interested in the opinions of fans of the genre...that's information I can use.

It works for other genre too. If I want to know how likely I am to enjoy a Lon Chaney movie from the 1920s, an opinion from someone who never watches a movie more than 10 years old and thinks "black and white movies are boring" isn't worth a thing to me. For that, I'll go to the film snob who works at the New Yorker.

Something that I find very interesting - this movie has the lowest critic RT score of all movies in the MCU at 66%, but the third highest user RT score at 85%, behind only the Avengers and Iron Man. That is a huge, huge gap that really isn't seen very often. In terms of the difference (+19 percentage points), the movie is in Michael Bay territory for critics not liking, but the general audience loving it. I actually can't find any non-Bay movie that has the big of a gap, though there must be more.

I finally saw the movie on sunday night, and it should be, at least, on a 75%. I think critics were not fair enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"