[Thor Movie] Which version of Mjolnir to use?

definatly the regular 616
why? because its a medieval weapon, it should look like it actually came from back then. the ultimate one looks modern

Pretty much exactly what Venomfan said. Big ass stone hammer. This thing should LOOK tough to lift. Like the size of a shoebox or a cinderblock or something.

Pretty much exactly what Venomfan said. Big ass stone hammer. This thing should LOOK tough to lift. Like the size of a shoebox or a cinderblock or something.

Cinderblock. It honestly has to.

Dig the Ultimate Thor Costume, DON'T dig the Ultimate Thor hammer.

agreed

I think based on the 616 hammer, but with some more style. Give it some carved runes and such, maybe a slightly longer hilt. Not quite Maul length, but long enough that it gets some momentum when swung and you can fit two hands on it. Other than that, yeah, big stone hammer.

616 version and yes, it has too actually look freakin' heavy.

I wouldn't mind if his Hammer looked like the Ultimate version. After all, he's a god. So his weapon could look a bit otherwordly.

I wouldn't mind the historically accurate thors hammer, but that or the 616 Hammer.

I think based on the 616 hammer, but with some more style. Give it some carved runes and such, maybe a slightly longer hilt. Not quite Maul length, but long enough that it gets some momentum when swung and you can fit two hands on it. Other than that, yeah, big stone hammer.
It should actually have that Thor oath carved on it but rune style. That'd be pretty cool.

And yeah, the hilt should be about the length of an escrima stick or something.

I can't wait to see this guy swing that heavy bastard at godly speeds. When it collides with something the impact should be fantastic. I hope he fights Hulk in the Avengers movie. I want to see windows shatter every time that thing collides with the Hulk's skull.

I wouldn't mind if his Hammer looked like the Ultimate version. After all, he's a god. So his weapon could look a bit otherwordly.

That hammer looks very close to Beta Ray Bill's hammer though so as much as I like it, no thanks.

Dig the Ultimate Thor Costume, DON'T dig the Ultimate Thor hammer.

I'll simply vomit if they use that awful ultimate ax hammer.

They MUST use the real hammer...

mjolnir.jpg

^^^ but hopefully the carvings/writing would be Norse runes, not English. It would be so crappy to have some American English slogan written on it.

Exactly. And the hammer itself must be bigger. Heavy looking. If the Hulk holds it I want it to still look huge.

Maybe some re-designing is at order. Not much, but maybe something along this way:
Thors-Hammer-Pendant.jpg

Kinda sledgehammerish maybe... but still close to the original of course.

I'll simply vomit if they use that awful ultimate ax hammer.

They MUST use the real hammer...

mjolnir.jpg

What I would do for the movie is take that, make the head bigger, and the handle about half again as long. Have the leather strapping start closer to the bottom and have runes carved in the head and upper half of the handle. Also make it look less manufactured.

Actually I think there can be a nice compromise. For one thing, remove the sleeves and make the pants some kind of dark blue leather (I really don't think metal pants is too comfortable. I have never seen chainmail pants before). I like the kind of tarp he has instead of the undies now.

But, chances are they are going to use this costume anyway considering the costume that they went with for Iron Man happens to be the most recent as well.

I quite like the modern day ultimate hammer purely for its size...

the way he holds it over his head and beats teh **** out of hulk with it wouldn't have made such an impact if it was normal size. Also being that size, it's easier to give the impressive that it's ****ing heavy. I'd rather it was supposed to be heavy along with the enchanment rather than having it look light and purely magic stopping people from lifting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"