Age of Ultron Thor should be more powerful!!

yllum

Civilian
Reaction score
I am not a thor fan but I believe he should be more powerful. In the MCU, I feel that he is under powered.

Eg. Remember killian and his extremis soldier..they were tearing iron men apart very easily

However when thor had a battle with iron man in A1..the iron man suit was pretty intact.
An arugement can be made that thor wasn't trying to kill iron man. However iron man should be more damaged than that.

it give me a vibe that extremis soldier are even more powerful than thor. I love to hear what u all think? Thor is a demi god and it should be portrayed as one in A2

Last edited:
I am not a thor fan but I believe he should be more powerful. In the MCU, I feel that he is under powered.

Eg. Remember killian and his extremis soldier..they were tearing iron men apart very easily

However when thor had a battle with iron man in A1..the iron man suit was pretty intact.
An arugement can be made that thor wasn't trying to kill iron man. However iron man should be more damaged than that.

it give me a vibe that extremis soldier are even more powerful than thor. I love to hear what u all think? Thor is a demi god and it should portray as one in A2
They used fire powers to melt the armor while Thor could crush it with raw strength alone besides the armors were underpowered in IM3 an 18 wheeler truck hitting Mark 42 caused it to explode all over the highway

Last edited:
I understand mk 42 is a prototype. .however the rest of the suit are just as easily destroyed. .

Do you feel thor is under powered?

Yes severely underpowered and misrepresented.

Aye..misrepresented? How so? Enlighten me buddy.

As I mention earlier, I am not a thor fan. In fact I am a cap fan. However I really feel a demigod like thor should be more powerful.

Thor went one to one with Hulk, how much stronger do you want him to be?

Thor is physically the strongest of the Norse gods and one of the most powerful beings in the Universe. Going one on one with hulk should be no big deal for thor.Yet In the movie. Hulk is throwing thor all around abroad the helicarrier

Remember, this is the MCU and not the comics. Asgardians are an alien race and are not gods. They are stronger than the average man, but not as they are in the comics

Alien race? They are demi god!!! Even black widow said they are practically god! At the end of the day it is alright if you dont feel he is under powered..just share why? I would love to listen and share with you guys.

Hulk and Thor fighting, busting out of the Hulk cage and summoning lightning/destroying a Leviathan shows that he is very powerful. I dont know what else you can ask for. He cant be too powerful or else it wont make sense for him to be on a team with the others.

Last edited:
The part that dont make sense to me is how easily extremis soldier destroy the iron mens..yet thor! The mighty thor only manage to dent some part of iron man in A1.

Perhaps thor was playing nice? And not going for the kill?either that or iron man suit in A1 was seriously over powered. .

The part that dont make sense to me is how easily extremis soldier destroy the iron mens..yet thor! The mighty thor only manage to dent some part of iron man in A1.

Perhaps thor was playing nice? And not going for the kill?either that or iron man suit in A1 was seriously over powered. .

Him squeezing Iron Mans suit like a piece of tin foil is pretty strong to me.
I dont think Thor was using all his power in that scene at all, it was more like a bar brawl he'd have with an Asgardian. Of course if Tony wasnt in the suit, he wouldve been dead.

Thor zapped Tonys suit with lightning, it brought his power level up to 400%. Theres the logic of why he held his own.

Do you think the extremis soldier would be a match for thor?

Well both, Thor boosted the suit to 400%, and Thor knew IM had captured Loki and so clearly was not a bad guy. Plus if you wanna go comics Thor pretty much always holds back against people even if they are villain a bit like Superman. Also remember again superheroes powers are usually relevant to the plot, don't go thinking an extremis soldier would stand a chance against Thor if they fought in a movie somewhere down the line.

IMO Thor has been shown to be very powerful however we have yet to see a lot of his powers, I would love to see more of his speed, and some godblasts. I understand why they don't have his dimensional travel and stuff like that cos that would just be a real problem with audiences.

What I'd like to see in AOU is for Ultron to realise that Thor is the most powerful and focus on him. Also I'd like to see Thor protecting the other Avengers especially the likes of Cap & BW and Hawkeye, taking blasts for them and stuff.

Well both, Thor boosted the suit to 400%, and Thor knew IM had captured Loki and so clearly was not a bad guy. Plus if you wanna go comics Thor pretty much always holds back against people even if they are villain a bit like Superman. Also remember again superheroes powers are usually relevant to the plot, don't go thinking an extremis soldier would stand a chance against Thor if they fought in a movie somewhere down the line.

IMO Thor has been shown to be very powerful however we have yet to see a lot of his powers, I would love to see more of his speed, and some godblasts. I understand why they don't have his dimensional travel and stuff like that cos that would just be a real problem with audiences.

What I'd like to see in AOU is for Ultron to realise that Thor is the most powerful and focus on him. Also I'd like to see Thor protecting the other Avengers especially the likes of Cap & BW and Hawkeye, taking blasts for them and stuff.

This!!:)
best explanation yet!!

I read thor is created to be marvel's superman! I like that comparison u made!!!

Thor was playing nice..he knew IM was a good guy (Heimdall sees all)...he just wanted Loki and the Tesseract

I hope in AOU Thor tries to pull an attack on ULTRON and gets beat down. It would just raise the stakes that much higher.

I hope in AOU Thor tries to pull an attack on ULTRON and gets beat down. It would just raise the stakes that much higher.

Yeah I'm kind of hoping at first they go one at a time in like ascending order of power, and they each just get knocked down. That would be pretty fun to see. But I do hope we get to see an awesome 1v1 of Hulk v Ultron and Thor v Ultron. My dream would be to see Ultron and Thor take their fight into the upper atmosphere.

Yeah I'm kind of hoping at first they go one at a time in like ascending order of power, and they each just get knocked down. That would be pretty fun to see. But I do hope we get to see an awesome 1v1 of Hulk v Ultron and Thor v Ultron. My dream would be to see Ultron and Thor take their fight into the upper atmosphere.

Hulk and Thor both fighting ULTRON at same time would be awesome.

Alien race? They are demi god!!! Even black widow said they are practically god! At the end of the day it is alright if you dont feel he is under powered..just share why? I would love to listen and share with you guys.

No, they're not. They're aliens with long life.

Black Widow's comment is more to make mention of the God-like abilities the possess (magic, long life, high stamina/strength) and coming from a heaven-like place.

Within the MCU , they have referred to thor as a god, a demi-god, and asgardians as a alien race. Not sure that marvel knows what to do with thor and the asgardian.

so take it as what you like. there is no definite answer.

Saying Thor is underpowered is an understatement. I really hope they can do this dude some justice.

I do wish to see Thor going in his super mode to help defeat Ultron after all he is a demigod and protector of earth who should be powerful than all Avengers combined .

finally someone who feels this way too!
why do you think so?

He just is. I mean compare him to Thor from the comics or even the show, and you're seeing completely different portrayals. Thor is a freaking demigod that exudes power and authority and commands it when he has to, but I don't get that from him in the MCU. It's like they're scared to show how powerful he truly is. People give MOS *****, but I'll give them this; they showed you why Superman is Superman. To see his true power and even the others like Zod and Farora in action was mindblowing! That is what I want to see from Thor and the Asgardians alike. Like the fight with him and Iron Man....let's be real Thor should've been owning Iron Man without breaking a sweat, but of course they have to stroke Tony's ego ugh. I mean they did show his sheer strength when he started cracking IM armor, but still true to form it wouldn't been much of a fight. They need to let THOR BE GREAT and not paint him like a Twilight love sick alien or something. That annoys me the most. And they wonder why Loki steals the show, it's simple; he's much more intriguing and focused than Thor at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"