Age of Ultron Thor should be more powerful!!

Mjölnir;31051869 said:
I think you take it too far in the other direction. Hulk slams Thor once and then throws him away. That's the first part Hulk had any control in the fight since sucker punching Thor when the latter tried to reason with him so not really an indication of Thor needing to be bailed out. Hulk didn't make a scratch on Thor.

I don't think Thor could just decide to end the fight if he wanted, they proved to be back and forth in a fairly equal manner in that fight, but Hulk was raging and Thor was obviously not using all his powers and did still see Hulk as an ally (which might be why he started grappling with him, as he's never done that otherwise).

Hulk didn't make a scratch on Thor? Thor had a bleeding nose at the start of the fight and by the end was on his way to a hiding before the fighter jet came along, I think if that fight had gone on longer Thor would have been in a bit of trouble. But Thor couldn't use his lightning or other powers, but strength wise he was going all out IMO.

Kurse gave him a bigger beat down than Hulk did though but had the avengers fight with Hulk gone on longer I think Thor would have had a problem.

Hulk didn't make a scratch on Thor? Thor had a bleeding nose at the start of the fight and by the end was on his way to a hiding before the fighter jet came along, I think if that fight had gone on longer Thor would have been in a bit of trouble. But Thor couldn't use his lightning or other powers, but strength wise he was going all out IMO.

Kurse gave him a bigger beat down than Hulk did though but had the avengers fight with Hulk gone on longer I think Thor would have had a problem.

I was referring to when he was thrown around by Hulk, which was the point where he would needed to be bailed out according to the other poster. If he would had needed to be bailed out after a couple of throws he should have been busted up by them.

I don't know what you mean with being on his way to a hiding. He certainly wasn't avoiding Hulk by any means.

Whatever would have happened goes into speculation that's really outside the discussion. The fight is stacked in Hulk's favor though, as Thor is restricted to only using part of his powers, as well as he sees Hulk as an ally while Hulk is in full rage (if his anger has any effect on his strength in the MCU, which is not certain).

Mjölnir;31065725 said:
I was referring to when he was thrown around by Hulk, which was the point where he would needed to be bailed out according to the other poster. If he would had needed to be bailed out after a couple of throws he should have been busted up by them.

I don't know what you mean with being on his way to a hiding. He certainly wasn't avoiding Hulk by any means.

Whatever would have happened goes into speculation that's really outside the discussion. The fight is stacked in Hulk's favor though, as Thor is restricted to only using part of his powers, as well as he sees Hulk as an ally while Hulk is in full rage (if his anger has any effect on his strength in the MCU, which is not certain).

Well at the end of the fight before the jet intervened, the Hulk was starting to get the better of the fight, Thor was getting thrown around quite vigorously and even lloked surprised at one point at how much Hulk was starting to dominate when Hulk grabbed him just before Tue jet intervened, it was just after they crashed through the floor and Hulk recovered much quicker.

Thor was at a disadvantage but he was going all out strength wise in my eyes and he stopped going easy on Hulk right after he got the most bleed, him calling Mjolnir and smacking Hulk full on in The face with it showed that, which was an awesome moment BTW. From then Thor wasn't going easy and strength wise was going all put, and by the end of the fight he looking like he was losing the strength battle.

Explain why Thor didn't hit Hulk a second time with the hammer, when he clearly had a clean shot

Explain why Thor didn't hit Hulk a second time with the hammer, when he clearly had a clean shot

Well, he was too far away after the first shot, and then he threw The hammer straight at Hulk and was trying to hit him with that but didn't, then he kneed Hulk straight I'm Tue face and tried choking him out. So in a way he did try to hit him again. Then once they broke through the floor Thor literally didn't have a chance to hit him again.

Well, he was too far away after the first shot, and then he threw The hammer straight at Hulk and was trying to hit him with that but didn't, then he kneed Hulk straight I'm Tue face and tried choking him out. So in a way he did try to hit him again. Then once they broke through the floor Thor literally didn't have a chance to hit him again.

No, not true. Thor kneed hulk in the face. Staggering him back. Thor THEN picks up the hammer, he had a clean shot right there...but instead he tried to choke him out, explain why he tried to choke him out when he clearly had another clean shot for an uppercut? If Thor was going all out physically, why wouldn't he take that shot?
That happened. That decision is what put thor in the situation that Hulk started tanking advantage of. After they go through the floor, (to a room that isn't exactly spacious) Hulk throws thor twice.. And has control for about 4 seconds.

Do note though, that while Hulk was indeed raging, I wouldn't say it full on out-of-this-world rage. It was an angry Hulk but that certainly would not be the peak of his anger.

The fact of the matter is neither character was going all-out. Much like Thor was capable of hitting harder and using a wider array of powers (if they weren't restricted to the helicarrier), Hulk was certainly capable of landing far harder blows too.

I'd LOVE to see Thor fight Hulk like he fought the Frost Giants in Thor 1!

Last edited:
Well at the end of the fight before the jet intervened, the Hulk was starting to get the better of the fight, Thor was getting thrown around quite vigorously and even lloked surprised at one point at how much Hulk was starting to dominate when Hulk grabbed him just before Tue jet intervened, it was just after they crashed through the floor and Hulk recovered much quicker.

Thor was at a disadvantage but he was going all out strength wise in my eyes and he stopped going easy on Hulk right after he got the most bleed, him calling Mjolnir and smacking Hulk full on in The face with it showed that, which was an awesome moment BTW. From then Thor wasn't going easy and strength wise was going all put, and by the end of the fight he looking like he was losing the strength battle.

Starting to get the better of the fight = getting his first real hits in. Hulk previously only managed to hit Thor when Thor was talking to him.

A fight isn't a battle of strength, but to comment on that anyway, of course Thor isn't currently winning the battle when we come in and Hulk has finally managed to grab him. Hulk still only slams him once and then throws him. Nothing significant and from what we saw it's negative for Hulk to be at striking distance, or further, with Thor, and it's negative for Thor to grapple with Hulk.

Also it should be known that holding back isn't the same thing as going easy. It's never been.

Another thing I've always wondered, or rather, wanted confirmation on. When Thor tackled Hulk, he WASN'T using Mjolnir right? As that's why when he summoned it for that uppercut a few mins later, it took a good 10-15 seconds for it to navigate its way to Thor.

Just re-watch the tackle....that's some incredible speed (and power) WITHOUT his hammer.

Having watched the film recently, i noticed two things with Thor's use of the hammer. When Thor throws the hammer at Iron Man and Hulk, the hammer spins as opposed to its usual "bullet-like" projection, if that makes sense. I think thats the only reason Hulk caught it as he was able to grab the handle. I personally saw this as Thor holding back. I do not know if that was Joss' intention, but i haven't seen mjnolnir "twirl" like that again.

Actually for the fight with hulk, there is this moment in the movie where hulk is sort of trapped ( hulk hand was under the handle of the hammer ) thor should have just left his hammer there and hulk will be trapped. .but instead thor pick up his hammer, I dont understand why .hahaha

Actually for the fight with hulk, there is this moment in the movie where hulk is sort of trapped ( hulk hand was under the handle of the hammer ) thor should have just left his hammer there and hulk will be trapped. .but instead thor pick up his hammer, I dont understand why .hahaha

haha he wasn't trapped or anything

Last edited:

No, not true. Thor kneed hulk in the face. Staggering him back. Thor THEN picks up the hammer, he had a clean shot right there...but instead he tried to choke him out, explain why he tried to choke him out when he clearly had another clean shot for an uppercut? If Thor was going all out physically, why wouldn't he take that shot?
That happened. That decision is what put thor in the situation that Hulk started tanking advantage of. After they go through the floor, (to a room that isn't exactly spacious) Hulk throws thor twice.. And has control for about 4 seconds.

In my eyes Thor didn't take that shot because hitting Hulk with an uppercut last time didn't subdue him, so that's why he tried the choke hold instead.

In my eyes Thor didn't take that shot because hitting Hulk with an uppercut last time didn't subdue him, so that's why he tried the choke hold instead.

it's one hit, comic Thor wasn't even able to one shot Iron man with an all out strike. I highly doubt his reasoning was that "hitting him with my hammer won't do anything, so now let me choke him out instead". (Which it did, Hulk shook it off, but what if he continuously hit him? It's gonna add up)

Do you think it seems like Thor to resort to a choke hold after ONE hammer swing? It's Thor, he would definitely have hit him again if he was in full battle mode in my opinion.

The way I saw it was that Thor was ready to physically go all out after the Hulk hit him, hence the uppercut. Which rocked Hulk into an airplane. After that Thor threw mjolnir and then kneed him. Then he grabbed the hammer, he could have hit him and kept pummeling him.. or, he realized his advantage at the moment, and chose to try to physically choke him out instead of hitting him to protect the environment. Which put Thor in a bad situation where he would have lost.

It was great, it was a typical Hulk vs Thor fight. When Thor fights Hulk's game, he's gonna lose. Thor wasn't pulling punches, by holding back, we usually mean "consciously" not utilizing all of his strengths, and abilities in a fight for various reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"