Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by BigThor, Mar 18, 2013.

1. scifiwolf Registered

:doh:

It's impressive some of the shots they have gotten done, along with the amount that was accomplished in camera. So far there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to that one battle in addition to what was captured on location during filming. Things like the rainbow are already set in place in terms of the workflow to accomplish that, so we see it in the trailer. I'm sure Thor putting the hammer down will look more impressive as they continue to layer the sequence with visual effects.

2. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

All I can say is Alan Taylor was a terrific choice. HOLY COW! That was unbelievable!

3. Bren Forevernoob

I dont think he/she is blind, maybe exaggerating, but I found that part underwhelming. I would guess realistically he can't go balls to the wall there and take out allies but the overall effect was barely okay for the thunder god.

And so what if the vfx will be added later, are we not commenting on what we actually see in the teaser trailer?

4. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Best teaser by far, of the movies this year, and it is only a teaser. Sorry the dialogue in this movie is freaking epic, you can definitely feel Taylor hand on this film.

"When you betray me, I will kill you."

This movie is going to rock!

5. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Why is Loki always talking about someone being desperate?

6. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

It was definitely a homage to the Avengers cage scene.

7. OB12 Registered

For a teaser, this is a fantastic trailer! Love the look of everything, which seems to be an epic, sprawling fantasy adventure.

As an aside, Marvel is freakin' killing it in every aspect of the game right now. From casting to marketing to the actual films, they are hitting on all cylinders. These are very exciting times.

8. scifiwolf Registered

Well, these movies really are snapshots of these characters when they're desperate. Otherwise, they'd all have the drama of Christmas specials.

EDIT: We need a full-on Avengers/MCU Christmas Special on ABC. Maybe for a Holiday episode of S.H.I.E.L.D.

9. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Loki projects his own desperation onto others so that he can pretend that he himself isn't really desperate. Its an insecurity thing.

"You must be truly desperate to rely on this weak team."
    "You must be truly desperate if you require my help."
    "You must be truly desperate if you think that joke was funny."
    "You must be truly desperate if you need a broom to sweep the floor."
    "Cooking with cilantro? You have grown desperate."
    "You sneezed. Your allergies have made you truly desperate."

10. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Well, we'll see. If Hiddleston shows up in a big screen version of Desperate Housewives, and remakes of Desperate Measures, Desperado and Desperately Seeking Susan, we'll know he just likes the word.

11. Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

The trailer left me wanting to see more, but not in a good way.

12. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

Oh, Sif...:hrt:

Loki owned the trailer. A glass prison yet again, but I find it funny that they're giving Anthony Hopkins's (adopted) son the Hannibal Lecter treatment with the old "I need your help" routine. Bring on November!

13. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

The trailer didn't excite because it didn't show anything I didn't expect. It's obvious Jane would go to Asgard at some point and it's obvious that Thor and Loki would team up eventually. That being said, I'm looking forward to Thor: The Dark World because I like what Thor and The Avengers have set up for the rest of the Thor franchise. Thor is enjoyable, though too flawed in my eyes to not expect any improvement. I'm hoping that Thor: The Dark World will be that better Thor movie I've been wanting.

14. taintedFB Registered

This looks awesome. I loved the first movie and the second one looks even better! With all of these quality MARVEL movies, X-Men DOFP is looking really weak. Have you guys seen the hideous look for Storm?

15. nefarious_e Death's BFF

There's a comic somewhere that has screenshots of Loki, Hannibal, Javier Bardem's Silva (from Skyfall), Benedict Cumberbatch (Star Trek ID) and another character I don't know with the caption "Yes of course it's a good idea to put the homicidal maniac in a glass prison. I'm sure he won't get out."

You would think they'd learn.

16. DorneyDave Registered

I'm definitely seeing with Iron Man 3 and now this teaser what Whedon was talking about, "bringing Avengers 2 back down to a personal level." It looks like that's what Phase 2 is all about. Awesome.

17. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Yeah, I miss the white inside lining of her costume. She doesn't look as cool in all black.

18. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

I predict that Loki will redeem himself and become a prodigal son in the MCU. Now, the question of does he go Vegeta on their asses and double cross the good guys when they least expect it, I can see happening. That idea sounds like something reserved for the tail end of the MCU, perhaps Avengers 3.

19. restlessdreams Registered

I get this feeling that Loki is going to "die" trying to save Thor. I think Thanos is going to come and get Loki at the last second. Like we will see them in a scene after the credits.

20. nocomics Registered

I like the dark tone they set in this teaser trailer, and I hope this how the movie is overall. I'm kind of glad most of this takes place off world as I thought first Thor was very campy imo.
    Hopefully all the comic movies coming out this year will deliver the way they should.

21. echostation Registered

This looks so boring uninspired and like a big budget tv movie just awful

22. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Here come the trolls...

23. Stringer CHAMPS AGAIN!

Looks better than the first one already.

24. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I thought the same. The first movie didn't really resonate with me. I've only seen it twice and never desire to see it again, to be honest.

25. Mr.M Registered

Not really feeling it. First one was underwhelming and did nothing for me. Surprised that they packed this much talent into this franchise as it is, but I don't think it will make a huge difference. The trailer was just all over the place. First I thought I was watching Inception, then an alien invasion movie, then LotR, then Hannibal Lector. Maybe the material just doesn't resonate with me. I thought Portman phoned in the material in the first one and it was talent gone to waste. Can't expect she will have that much more to work with here. Hiddleton, Hemsworth, and Hopkins need to redeem this in a big way and I love Game of Thrones so maybe Taylor gets it right.