Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by BigThor, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

Yeah, I've seen that before. Though this time the villain is being let out willingly for a change.

2. mclay18 Registered

I love that "Game of Thrones" aesthetic Alan Taylor imbued in the film, but it looks even more beautiful than I thought it would. Even the gray England scenes with Jane and Darcy have that cool beauty to it.

I'm curious why Marvel Studios is releasing the film in Europe on October 30th. I thought they just do the 'one week ahead' thing for the May releases, not fall.

3. Incredible Hans I'm always hungry!

:whatever:

[​IMG]

4. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

I, like most of the hype, usually ignore echostation anyway.

5. OB12 Registered

I'm actually a little let down by that post. I thought for sure there would be something about how the audience would confuse this with LOTR because Thor has long hair.

6. DOOZlovesBOOZ Registered

I don't know why the fall release would be any different. Also just to note this is the first movie released in the fall by MARVEL STUDIOS, I don't know how the other marvel movies did it though.

7. DOOZlovesBOOZ Registered

Oh don't worry he hasn't ate his daily dose of shrooms yet so his comments arent the normal outrageous stuff we are used to.

8. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I think you just described 70 years of Thor comics.

9. Broseph44 Witness Me

Yeah he always says the dumbest ****, he's ignored rather easily.

10. Leenie Registered

I'm happy with what I'm seeing so far! I'm expecting Thor: The Dark World to be better than its predecessor. :)

11. WormyT Registered

This was kind of a half teaser half trailer.
    Its looked rushed and didn't get me excited. It also made the movie seem cheaper than the first which is weird.
    However the movies still a ways away. The next trailer will be way more polished and the movie may end up looking better than the first.

But if this was an attempt to blow away that new Man of Steel trailer? Not a chance.

12. Mjölnir Guest

How did you manage to see it as cheaper? The CGI environments are more detailed despite the movie not being done yet, the costumes are more detailed and are of better quality, it looks overall bigger and the actors aren't really doing anything different than before.

And I don't think it's meant to blow away the MOS trailer. This is just a teaser so it won't show as many high points as the real MOS trailer does (although personally I'm glad it doesn't show any low point like MOS did for me either).

13. Whiskey Tango Registered

14. Silvermoth Krakoan native

It was really cool (especially the London bits) but it was very similar to the Iron Man 3 trailer! The whole female character getting blown around thing lots of "NOOOOO" stuff etc.

Anyway, looking forward to it

15. TX85 Registered

I sure loved it,It's looking amazing!!

16. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I thought for a teaser it looked very good. I was surprised there were so many SFX shots in the teaser to be honest, as usually trailers don't put those in this early because the CGI isn't finished. I think people should keep in mind it is just a teaser for a movie that doesn't come out until November.

17. Thor_Odinson Registered

The teaser trailer looks great!

18. Broseph44 Witness Me

An attempt to blow away the MOS trailer? Honestly I dunno where people draw their conclusions or assumptions from. Makes no sense what so ever. It's a little over a minute long teaser, just to TEASE the film. Dunno why you think their goal releasing this TEASER was to blow away the 3 minute plus MOS TRAILER #3. People should listen to how ridiculous they sound sometimes, yikes.

19. TX85 Registered

Fully Agreed!

20. Whiskey Tango Registered

There's always someone determined to throw around pointless comparisons.

21. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I guarantee you guys TDW is not trying to blow away the MOS trailer. Why? Because the two films aren't in direct competition. They are happening months and months apart.

22. Broseph44 Witness Me

Yeah I know, it's just sad haha. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

23. Mjölnir Guest

Hehe, could be. Probably just an attempt to do some MOS vs TDW trolling tough.

24. SoNicRaDiATioN Registered

Extremely impressed by what I've seen so far. Loved the look and feel of the whole trailer. A level of sophistication I was hoping for.

25. WormyT Registered

I agree,

Some good points... but you know how it is. Marvels got Ironman3 coming out in a couple of weeks. But thats not stopping the great Man of Steel buzz so they're adding another marketing player to counter. Hey, I work with marketing everyday. Its not ridiculous to assume marvel/Disney wants to remind everyone that phase2 is here in a big way. Throw in a glimpse of Loki to remind folks of Avengers. These aren't just made for grumpy fan boys.

:)