World Thor: The Musical

Godzilla2000

Dollar Store Diva
Reaction score
I know this might sound pretty silly, but then again maybe not considering that despite all the earlier catastrophes and delays the Spider-man musical seems to be doing rather well, but I was thinking that with Movie Asgard's highly operatic dramatic themes and bombastic characters Thor would be a rather interesting subject for a rock opera. I mean all those wonderful costumes from the movie, altered to be more comfortable of course to allow for more lithe movements that musicals require, would look very good on stage with elaborate set pieces to create the world of Asgard. I've been listening a lot to several songs from some symphonic metal artists from Europe, mostly Within Temptation, with their orchestral sounds blended with the harder metal music and I think that style would fit Thor perfectly.

As far as cast goes, I have been thinking that the original Phantom, Michael Crawford would be dandy as Odin. I had been listening to this song from Within Temptation called the Swan Song...

...and I was thinking how a song in that mold, obviously written for a male tenor, would be marvelously performed by him as a climactic scene where Odin ascends into Valhalla after making Thor King of Asgard. I was also thinking how neat it would be if Loki was played by Tom Hiddleston. I had been watching a video of the NYCC panel and he certainly does have a nice singing voice. I was also thinking of former Nightwish vocalist Tarja Turunen as Sigyn too.

Last edited:
Just came across this, browsing through old threads.

This material's dramatic themes do seem well suited for opera. . .and the original Norse myths have indeed received this treatment: Wagner's Ring Cycle.

Admittedly, Donner (Thor) (baritone) is not prominent in that story. But it does include a Ragnaroek (Goetterdaemmerung).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"